• Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

Tanktimus the Encourager

Angsty: Tanktimus Endures the Uncertainty with Angst Rock

Recommended Posts

There is a disappointing lack of Skillet on your thread so far, so here you go with the obvious choice:

 

 

Hooray for Little Bit crawling a little bit!  :D:D:D 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Here to sit with you and feel angsty, and watch and learn as you lean into it. I am pondering your wise words once again. I find myself in a very similar place. I'm even contemplating not doing a challenge(though I always do even when I think I might not) because  of my angst, and the fact that I don't have any hype, and I am trying to be ok with that, and just letting myself be in this place

Sometimes the best thing to do for yourself is give yourself permission to have a hard time. 

1 hour ago, SkyGirl said:

There is a disappointing lack of Skillet on your thread so far, so here you go with the obvious choice:

 

 

Hooray for Little Bit crawling a little bit!  :D:D:D 

 

It's the first day of the challenge, be patient. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

I think this fits the criteria, Truth be told, All of these songs I listen to and I don't think I'm being angsty at all :P

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

It's the first day of the challenge, be patient.

 

When have you ever known me to be patient??  ;) 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A) haven’t caught up with the thread yet but I somehow thought the title meant actual rocks? 
 

B.) idk if it’s just me but I only got here through the link on your last thread - if I go to straight to the Rangers board it doesn’t show up. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Following as always and love me a good angsty tune. Will give it a ponder further, but coming to top-of-mind is more ‘I want to wallow in rage and use that energy’ at the moment - my go-tos for that feeling are Metallica’s One (or Blackened), Led Zeppelin’s Kashmir, and Lamb Of God’s Omerta. Would dig up links, but I’m on a time crunch this morning! 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Red1263 said:

 

I think this fits the criteria, Truth be told, All of these songs I listen to and I don't think I'm being angsty at all :P

I do think it fits. You don't have to be angsty to listen to angst rock.

10 hours ago, SkyGirl said:

 

When have you ever known me to be patient??  ;) 

TornBackCaecilian-size_restricted.gif

10 hours ago, fleaball said:

A) haven’t caught up with the thread yet but I somehow thought the title meant actual rocks? 
 

B.) idk if it’s just me but I only got here through the link on your last thread - if I go to straight to the Rangers board it doesn’t show up. 

A) Whatever works for you ;) 

B.) I tried looking at the rangers board while logged out and still saw my thread, I dunno. 🤷‍♂️

10 hours ago, Chris Tarly said:

 

I confess I know very little about Iggy.

8 hours ago, darkfoxx said:

Following as always and love me a good angsty tune. Will give it a ponder further, but coming to top-of-mind is more ‘I want to wallow in rage and use that energy’ at the moment - my go-tos for that feeling are Metallica’s One (or Blackened), Led Zeppelin’s Kashmir, and Lamb Of God’s Omerta. Would dig up links, but I’m on a time crunch this morning! 

One is for sure angsty, Kashmir doesn't feel angsty too me (I think because it rocks too hard). Not familiar with Omerta.

39 minutes ago, GoodDoug said:

Following!

Welcome!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Here to sit with you and feel angsty, and watch and learn as you lean into it. I am pondering your wise words once again. I find myself in a very similar place. I'm even contemplating not doing a challenge(though I always do even when I think I might not) because  of my angst, and the fact that I don't have any hype, and I am trying to be ok with that, and just letting myself be in this place

Feel free to do a "sitting with it" challenge.

They can be particularly powerful.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, starsapart said:

Here for angst solidarity. It's got me, too.

Glad to have you.

1 hour ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

This might be to hard for an angsty song, but it fits today’s Corona mood.
 

They sound like The Clash.

1 hour ago, annyshay said:

tenor.gif?itemid=16179621

Welcome!

6 minutes ago, Heidi said:

Feel free to do a "sitting with it" challenge.

They can be particularly powerful.

They can indeed.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/26/2020 at 6:00 PM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

 

This is the definition of Angst to me. It's the song I play when I want to remember what it was like to be a teen and think that no one understands me. 

:D

 

17 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

She also kinda crawled today!

Ohhh so exciting! A whole new world! :)

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/26/2020 at 11:00 AM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Continue to lean into intuitive eating. Lately I've been in a stage of letting myself have things I've long denied myself. I've been on this IE journey for some time, and have found things to let myself have. Right now I'm leaning into chocolate and cookies. This is fine. It's part of the process.

 

I think this is smart. Right now is not "normal" so it's ok for your habits and cravings to not be "normal" either. Glad you are approaching it with grace :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/26/2020 at 10:00 AM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

The point of these songs and this acknowledgement of Angst is not to surrender to the Angst. It's not giving up. It's validating the Angst and myself for feeling it. Rather than a surrender, it's a declaration of war. I will not fight the angst head on. I will accept it and myself and find meaning in it. Universe, you cannot bring me down by inducing angst, you can only make me stronger, for I will integrate these feelings and love myself in so doing.

 

Accept the Angst. Embrace it. And then channel it into defiance and purpose.

 

tumblr_o9hmopygpl1um9ovfo2_r2_500.gifv

 

Yes, of course I went there. ;) 

 

I do believe this is the best way to deal with anxiety (or angst), because trying to smother or suppress it never ends well. And I will contribute to the angsty music with one that has defiance and glimmers of hope in the pain, because that's what life is or at least what it should be.

 

 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

All reggae-influenced punk from 1977 London sounds the same to me too.

I'm glad I'm not the only one.

2 hours ago, KB Girl said:

:D

 

Ohhh so exciting! A whole new world! :)

 

 

Yes, now we have to go to the next level of baby proofing.

51 minutes ago, DaemonCorax said:

Following for babies and rock music :)

 

 

I plan to have both.

33 minutes ago, Cheetah said:

Angst rock is my favorite.  🙂

It's not my absolute favorite, but it's the most fitting for the time.

18 minutes ago, miss_marissa said:

 

I think this is smart. Right now is not "normal" so it's ok for your habits and cravings to not be "normal" either. Glad you are approaching it with grace :)

Thank you. 

1 minute ago, Scalyfreak said:

 

Accept the Angst. Embrace it. And then channel it into defiance and purpose.

 

tumblr_o9hmopygpl1um9ovfo2_r2_500.gifv

 

Yes, of course I went there. ;) 

 

I do believe this is the best way to deal with anxiety (or angst), because trying to smother or suppress it never ends well. And I will contribute to the angsty music with one that has defiance and glimmers of hope in the pain, because that's what life is or at least what it should be.

 

 

I only knew of Disturbed from their cover of "The Sound of Silence." I didn't know the singer's voice could go that high. And welcome.

 

I just realized I forgot to mention this, but if you are new to following my threads, don't come here when you are hungry. In fact, don't come here when you are in a state of I-could-eat. Try to have food on hand.

  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Try to have food on hand.

Correct.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How about a new(er) angst rock?  My challenge is going to revolve around this song, which has been stuck in my head for a while......

 

 

Also, Hi Tank!  The tankling is adorable.  I love seeing the pictures you share with us......

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Heidi said:

Correct.

Today, however, one has a pass, as we ordered food.

41 minutes ago, Rinna said:

How about a new(er) angst rock?  My challenge is going to revolve around this song, which has been stuck in my head for a while......

 

 

Also, Hi Tank!  The tankling is adorable.  I love seeing the pictures you share with us......

Thanks, I'll try to remember to share some baby pics. That's a great visual metaphor in the song for a panic attack.

 

One does not speak of Angst Rock without including Pearl Jam. 

 

Today is a good day. Did KBs in the morning. Today was the first day I worked with the 20 pound bell. I did a round of the NF Beginner KB workout with that, and a round with the 15 lb bell I've been using since the first of the year. I didn't have a third round in me today, though I plan to at least start the third round (again with the 15 lb bell) when I do the workout again on Wednesday. It felt good using a heavier bell, and at the same time doing a third round was too much the first time I used the 20 lb bell. I was still very happy with the workout. I had a good intuitive eating day, paying attention to cues specifically. These were more the subtle clues that indicate fullness, like sensing how my perception of a food changes as I get through the meal. Also, during dinner, I was cognizant of how it feels when I am satisfied and was actively looking for that signal. These are important skills. As I indicated above, dinner was delivery from a Mediterranean place. 

 

At work I angsted to a colleague about something that happened in the transition from 2018 to 2019 and the aftermath of it. I had realized on the way home from work Saturday night I still had some resentments relating to that series of events. I processed them with Sra. Tanque, and I also processed them with the colleague today. After talking I was consciously aware that I felt a bit better in general and specifically about the situation. That was a good experience. On the way home from work I listened to the city's Covid-19 briefing, and our Health Department is telling us that the curve has been flattened locally. There were the appropriate reminders that we as a community still need to be careful and not go back to things like they were in the before times, but it was a sign we did social distancing properly. Our state is slowly easing restrictions (despite what social media may tell you, it is a very slow roll back of the shutdown). No one claimed things were over, but they did say that our efforts have not been in vain. 

  • Like 18

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My contribution to the cause, a bit more existential than actual angst. (#DruidProblems)

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.