• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Suzanna Watts

Meal Prep Advice

I have been really struggling with meal prep and am looking for a meal provider.

I have tried core meals from coles, has anyone ordered directly from them? 

I have never had home delivery of meals before and I just wanna know if anyone here has tips or advice? 

Who have you had success with?

Throwing my hat in the ring, although it's been a long time since I've used a meal kit service.

I think meal kits are a great way to handle one of the more underestimated challenges of losing weight, which is learning to cook for yourself on a day-in day-out basis. When you decide to lose weight, you usually realize you're going to be cooking almost all your meals yourself. And if you haven't cooked much before, it's very tough to jump into it headfirst. Meal kit services are a great way to take the pressure off 1) deciding what to cook, and 2) figuring out how to cook it for a couple nights a week.

Of course, they're not magic bullets to get you instant meals. They are definitely faster than shopping and finding recipes yourself, but it will still take some time to figure out the instructions and follow them. It tends to go much faster if you already know how to cook; if you don't, don't feel bad that dinner's still not on the table in 20 minutes flat.

I couldn't give recommendations on a good kit service from firsthand knowledge -- I used HelloFresh a few years back and they were fine -- but I have heard Sun Basket has a lot of meal kits for people with dietary restrictions (low cal and/or low-carb).

I have been tempted by HelloFresh but never given them a go, I can cook and am not very adventurous in what I eat so I just see those kinds of services too expensive for what they provide. 

I can see some value for people with no clue how to cook tho :)

There are services that you pay a once a year fee and they give you weekly emails with recipes and a grocery list. That way you buy your own groceries and save a lot of money. What makes services like Hello Fresh so expensive (we have used them in the past) is that each meal has all the ingredients packaged and put into individual boxes. For example, if a recipe calls for two cloves of garlic, in that meal's paper bag you get a little dime bag with two cloves of garlic in it. That is labor intensive, and uses a LOT of packaging.

• Like 1

Do you know what these services are called? I am not super out there with the type of food I like to eat - but if I get the shopping list I can modify things to my taste more

22 minutes ago, Suzanna Watts said:

Do you know what these services are called? I am not super out there with the type of food I like to eat - but if I get the shopping list I can modify things to my taste more

The one I use is emeals.com