• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

sarakingdom

Sara Kingdom Observes the Glorious 25th of May

32 minutes ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

Minnesota is nice. Lots of hospitals if you can pastor in Lutheran.

Hospitals usually allow chaplains of other flavors. I work at a Methodist Hospital and am not Methodist. Also, MN isn't home, Texas is. 🤷‍♂️

37 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Hospitals usually allow chaplains of other flavors. I work at a Methodist Hospital and am not Methodist. Also, MN isn't home, Texas is. 🤷‍♂️

You need to live beneath the surface in a nice, sensible subterranean city.

• Like 2
  • That's Metal 2

4 minutes ago, sarakingdom said:

I have my apples and peanut butter. One thing is neither tedious nor terrible.

This sounds lovely. Enjoy every bite. :) 

14 hours ago, sarakingdom said:

No outdoor compressors. What I don't know is where the intake is. Meh, it's not a big risk, I guess, but there are a fair number of known cases of it spreading via air ducts. More in large commercial spaces, true; apartments are probably not a big deal. I will miss fresh air, though.

Hot and humid weather is enough to may anyone cranky. I hope you can use your A/C.

I expect to be missing fresh air for the next several months, even if the weather is nice. Elf is seriously allergic to something that is blooming right now. We are keeping the house closed up and A/C on even on nice days. When I want to get warm and enjoy fresh air, I go sit out on the porch.

Have you tried staying up until all hours playing computer games? That seems to be the first choice Nerd solution to too much stress. :devilish:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mistr said:

Have you tried staying up until all hours playing computer games? That seems to be the first choice Nerd solution to too much stress. :devilish:

Because it works!

For some of us at least. :) 

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, Mistr said:

I cannot express how the-opposite-of-relaxing I find computer games. You might as well inject pure stress into my veins. Like, kill me now.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, sarakingdom said:

I cannot express how the-opposite-of-relaxing I find computer games. You might as well inject pure stress into my veins. Like, kill me now.

Some types of games have this effect on me, and it seems to be connected entirely to the gameplay. A shooter takes hours to relax from. On the other hand, Persona 5 Royal that I'm playing right now, is beautiful escapism and relaxation. (It doesn't hurt that the plot gradually seems to be about resisting a corrupted government by standing up for the rights of the weak and helpless... because in the game, I'm winning. :)

But yes, there is a reason I said it works for some of us. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, sarakingdom said:

I apologize for making such a cringe-worthy suggestion. I find that games I like get my brain hooked and I find it hard to let go. Not great for going to bed on time or going to sleep. Good for distraction from other issues, but maybe not a good trade-off on the whole.

For actual relaxation, I turn to fiber arts. Spinning is very soothing. Repetitive manual activity of some sort is good. Pleasant texture and color for bonus points.

• Like 2

Which week are we on now, guys?

Let's see. Got some sleep. Was sleepy all day. Spent all my spare time napping. Want more sleep.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Last. It's finally the last week.

Hooray! That calls for another nap.

• Like 2