• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

DarK_RaideR

May the odds be forever in DarK_RaideR's favor

3shsms.jpg

Starting Monday, May 4th, the government round these parts will be gradually lifting the lockdown and quarantine measures, with a view to a full lift by late June or early July. While they haven't done much to contain the virus besides impose lockdown (as opposed to, say, strengthen public healthcare) social isolation has kept the numbers surprisingly low. Now, with the measures gradually rolling back and still no real plan apparent, the strategy truly seems like the image posted above and I can't help but worry that frustrated people will storm out and potentially re-circulate the virus. Either way, I'd love to do a "May the 4th be with you" challenge, but I'll leave Star Wars to the master @EricMN and go Hunger Games instead for this challenge, which basically covers most of the "return to normality" period.

Workouts

In case you didn't notice, I'm joining the Scouts for this challenge. I started going for night runs after Easter and it seems like it'll be the only viable option until any workout-specific locations begin to operate again, probably around September. For this, I'll be employing the "never twice in a row" rule: I can miss a day of running, but never two days in a row.

Nutrition

Speaking of running, you may recall Rule #4 of the Rebellion: You can't outrun your fork. It's not about (over)training to burn fat and excess calories, it's about getting your eating habits in check before you even consider working out. Obviously, lockdown was mostly about cooking, eating and not being very physically active. I've slipped back into eating large servings of food, more sugary items than I actually like and a bit of mindless snacking, all of which saw me put on weight. Now I've saved up some mental fuel, but quarantine isn't holidays;it takes a toll and I'll need most of that fuel for my return to the world, so making big changes here would be foolish and short lived. Instead, I'm going for sustainable baby steps as I'll be tracking my weight and eating every day on my phone app.

Networking

I'd like to up my NF game, both in terms of consistent posting here as well as keeping up with other people's threads (and, you know, actually read stuff instead of speed-reading it). Between this challenge and the return of my pro wrestling narrative thanks to the recent release of Total Extreme Wrestling 2020, I should have enough motivation to stick around so I'll be using a quid pro quo approach: no posting on my own thread until I'm done catching up with other threads.

I also need to get a new job and sort out my financial situation, but that's not something I could make into a challenge goal, especially with The Uncertainty still raging.

• Like 16

bYRx1ea.jpg
Ring of the Olympians
Ring of the Olympians is a company based in Greece, if the name wasn't enough of an indication already. It was started by a bunch of veterans and rookies who used to work for NGW but haven't managed to secure a deal with another "name" promotion since NGW closed its gates in 2014. Mixing familiar faces and nostalgia with some promising rookies for the future, it presents a similar "anything goes" product like it's major predecessors in the region (EWCW, UCR, NGW) hoping to repeat their success and avoid their failures.
Product: Classic Balanced. In essence, the perfect midpoint of all products, this places in-ring match quality as having equal importance with the entertainment aspect of playing to the crowd.
Face/Heel Divide: Loosely enforced

mjjRZhw.jpg

Champions and title history

g7NOm8K.jpg
RotO Champion

Vacant

XwQLaww.jpg
RotO Women's Champion
Vacant

mjjRZhw.jpg

Men's Roster
cjuuOhe.pngxD9Szc8.png4nQllVu.pngFesdB1B.png
I9OtEfQ.png6DkL4tB.pngR3fb7Dw.pngwgBzA0W.png
hLOTQS7.pngENiKiLT.pngxNgHXe1.png5qle3Xb.png
AV71ReI.png

Women's Roster
xsqIlCd.pnglj94xjV.pngj7rZQhq.pngmpT41Or.png
bNuGgKy.pngxWX4lrl.pngI9L8dvS.pngOITEXtM.png
UHYslg2.pngBnQklX5.png

Tag Teams & Stables
The Gentleman & The Pitbull (Nelson Frye & Robert Howard)
The Dublin Gals (Blair Kerrigan & Cassie O'Peter)

Announcers
hFti817.jpgpIE2iww.jpg
Peter Belcher & Phillip Bescott

Referees
ge9AjAg.jpg
Dwayne Hewitt

Road Agents
LAi9Jqk.jpg
African Earthquake

• Like 6

mememe_a2ed4011e0f801544c76bee099038174-

Your government action sounds a lot like ours in some areas...I just wonder what will happen when things start opening back up

Following of course!

• Like 1

On 4/29/2020 at 5:44 PM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Still no Etsuko? 

You tease.

Nope, but I discovered Spider Isako instead. Here's an exact quote from her bio:

" 'Spider' Isako Yoshimatsu is a young joshi worker who is considered a very highly rated prospect. She was trained at the Hatoyama Dojo and impressed her trainer Kit Hatoyama so much that she has remained in close contact post-graduation and is considered one of her proteges. A strike-based worker, Isako likes to light up her opponents with brutal kicks and knee strikes. Also to her benefit is that she has a great look, especially apparent when she comes to the ring in a billowing custom made leather coat, and she comes across as so cool that she seems to be a star in the making."

It's like someone's been reading and made Etsuko into a canon young character ;)

• Like 4

7 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

Nope, but I discovered Spider Isako instead. Here's an exact quote from her bio:

" 'Spider' Isako Yoshimatsu is a young joshi worker who is considered a very highly rated prospect. She was trained at the Hatoyama Dojo and impressed her trainer Kit Hatoyama so much that she has remained in close contact post-graduation and is considered one of her proteges. A strike-based worker, Isako likes to light up her opponents with brutal kicks and knee strikes. Also to her benefit is that she has a great look, especially apparent when she comes to the ring in a billowing custom made leather coat, and she comes across as so cool that she seems to be a star in the making."

It's like someone's been reading and made Etsuko into a canon young character ;)

I actually like this better than Etsuko, the leather coat sold me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/29/2020 at 6:29 PM, DarK_RaideR said:

Men's Roster

Dude, you totally forgot to include the main guy.  Go ahead & fix that, I'll wait.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

Dude, you totally forgot to include the main guy.  Go ahead & fix that, I'll wait.

Like I said, I've only imported the non-canon, game generated workers from back in a day. Because of the difference between how my 1997-2014 NGW save and how the canon universe evolved*, I made a call to not include anyone who'd cause a discrepancy, at least for starters. They may show up later for a quick cameo ;)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DarK_RaideR said:

Like I said, I've only imported the non-canon, game generated workers from back in a day. Because of the difference between how my 1997-2014 NGW save and how the canon universe evolved*, I made a call to not include anyone who'd cause a discrepancy, at least for starters. They may show up later for a quick cameo ;)

OOC:  I totally get it and it's cool, I'll find new people to mark over

IC:  WTF DUDE, NOOOOOOOOO!!!!

sethrollins | Tumblr

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 4/29/2020 at 6:26 AM, DarK_RaideR said:

so I'll be using a quid pro quo approach: no posting on my own thread until I'm done catching up with other threads.

Sometimes it takes too long for me to catch up on as many as I would like to, so I set a more reasonable goal for myself, like "I'll read all the Scout posts and 3 of my favorites from other forums [or whatever]". That's been making it feel more do-able for me.

On 5/1/2020 at 6:40 PM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I actually like this better than Etsuko, the leather coat sold me.

Same!

• Like 2

I still can't keep up with the wrestling what'sits but I'm here to see you VOLUNTEER AS TRIBUTE AND KILL THOSE GOALS

giphy.gif

• Like 1

3 hours ago, loire said:

I still can't keep up with the wrestling what'sits

I should probably introduce a lizard character to rope you in then. Speaking of which, did you know I play an actual lizardman in @Jarric's Dnd game alongside WW (his gf), @Mr_Willes, @jonfirestar, @Rhovaniel and @Charlie_Quinn?!

• Like 3

mjjRZhw.jpg

Four Corners title match to headline RotO's debut show!
bGfQcLk.jpgKRd8pBF.jpgAhotWa7.jpgLFcPDbz.jpg

Ring of the Olympians released a statement regarding its first ever show, which is now known to be titled "Ascent into Olympus". According to that statement, the night's marquee match will be a Fatal Four Way contest between four of NGW's biggest former stars on the current roster: Dovydas Vidmar, Nelson Frye, Petter Eriksson and Robert Howard. There's more than bragging rights on the line though, as the winner of the match will also become the inaugural RotO champion!

mjjRZhw.jpg

Women in the front
mPHy02V.jpg

Ring of the Olympians also made an announcement via social media, this one regarding its Women's Division and a Round Robin tournament to crown its first champion. This means that every competitor will be facing off in a singles match against every other woman in the division, with 2 points scored for a victory, 1 each for a time limit draw and no points for a loss. This playoff-style setup will give RotO's women plenty of time and matches to showcase their skills as well as legitimacy to the entire division, a fitting choice in the company's pursuit to establish themselves as NGW's successors since it was NGW that established Women's Wrestling in Europe and gave it a serious, sport-like presentation.

For your ease of tracking, we have created a scoring table for the tournament already.
gR2Df4s.jpg
  • Like 7

14 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

I should probably introduce a lizard character to rope you in then. Speaking of which, did you know I play an actual lizardman in @Jarric's Dnd game alongside WW (his gf), @Mr_Willes, @jonfirestar, @Rhovaniel and @Charlie_Quinn?!

And a badass lizardman at that!

Following along, good to see you sticking with the running dude.

• That's Metal 1

2 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

Still on the lookout for someone to mark over, but so far leaning towards Cesar or the Blood Axe

Cesar's made his name Down Under, so he'll need some time to build a new fanbase on the other side of the globe. "Blood Axe" Thorsten Sigursson is the kind of guy to squash people and hit the ring with Amon Amarth blaring for @Rurik Harrgath to mark over, but he too will need some time as one of the many changes of the new edition...

Spoiler

r20PBQ5.jpg

"Many" might be an understatement, in this case

...is the Experience stat. Rookies with low Experience like the Blood Axe are penalized in their performances, while veterans can lead rookies throughout the match (essentially removing most of the inexperience penalties) and pass on their knowledge to help them gain Experience faster. This reduces the odds of super talented newbies skyrocketing up the card, adds an extra layer of thought in regards to pairing rookies with veteran opponents or tag teammates and gives players a reason to keep seasoned veterans around even after they're well past their prime in terms of in-ring performance.

TL;DR version: It'll take a while before either of them gets a decent push, but you get to watch them both grow from the ground up!

In more challenge-related news, since Monday we no longer have to inform the authorities via SMS whenever leaving the house, nor are we only allowed to leave it for specific reasons only. Taking advantage of that, my dojo had a meeting at the park round which I do my runs for an outdoor training session: running, bodyweight stuff and shadowboxing between the trees while maintaining the necessary distance from each other. Sadly I was unable to attend and only saw the videos later BUT I did go for my ~3.5k run now that the DOMS in my calves have subsided enough to allow me walking without a limp. There's been another call for Wednesday evening, with the trainer calling for people to help him carry the thai pads from the school. Apparently with the gyms opening around September (at best) he's adapting, using the good weather to take the training outside. I'm fine with that and thus for challenge purposes I'm totally allowing myself to attend such a training session instead of a run. #MonkScout

Can't wait for this challenge to start next week, my weight is consistently back in the 90+ kg range, almost as bad as when I first joined NF 6 years ago.

• Like 9

59 minutes ago, DarK_RaideR said:

using the good weather to take the training outside. I'm fine with that and thus for challenge purposes I'm totally allowing myself to attend such a training session instead of a run.

Outdoors is very Rangerly, and Rangers gonna Ranger (even when their thread is with the scouts).

• Like 3

On 5/1/2020 at 10:11 AM, DarK_RaideR said:
On 4/29/2020 at 9:44 AM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Still no Etsuko? 

You tease.

I'm not sold yet, but...

tenor.gif?itemid=10607636

On 5/4/2020 at 4:18 AM, DarK_RaideR said:
mPHy02V.jpg

I can get behind this, especially if any of them are likely to piledrive a fascist.

• Like 2
  • That's Metal 1

13 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Outdoors is very Rangerly, and Rangers gonna Ranger (even when their thread is with the scouts).

Respectfully disagree...Rangers do not get a monopoly on outdoors, especially on this particular forum!

And I know one Monk-Scout [...ok Ranger] who's gonna kill it this challenge!

• Like 3