• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

DarK_RaideR

May the odds be forever in DarK_RaideR's favor

Good for you for finding a bit of balance between goal and execution. This is a solid win. As long as you're pointed in the right direction, you just have to keep walking.

❣️

• Thanks 1

"Hey Flo, got a moment?"

63uvfJZ.jpgFwpPMkS.jpg

The accent from Down Under gave away Sionis' identity before Florida Simard turned around on her heel to face him. She had just finished cutting her pre-show promo and was off to unpack her personal merchandise to sell during the intermission. He was preparing to make his main show debut at Forge of Fury, but he didn't seem too nervous. Why should he be after all, he'd been in this business for 15 years and probably cut enough promos at DIW. Nope, he probably wasn't going to ask her for pointers.

"Oui?"

static.gif

Of course she responded in French. This wasn't going to be easy for him. He was the veteran, but she was a much bigger star here than him. He was comfortable getting his way in the locker room, but he had always shared it with other guys. This was not DIW. This was different.

"You, uhm, you familiar with that Witch Doctor kid?" he began. "Showed up high out of his mind before the first show? Yeah, well, I caught him smoking another one outside the venue earlier. Had to slap it straight out of his hand. Slap some sense into him too, he promised to give up the habit."

0VhPXbO.jpg
That's just bad juju

"Oui, what's that got to do with me?" she answered with a shrug. "You looking to ah-gossip?"

Cesar tilted his head sideways and sighed. So she was playing ignorant, huh? This wasn't going to be easy at all. Not like he could slap some sense into her too.

"No, Florida. Petrov told me you're into the same stuff, ever since your days together back in the dojo. I'm here to tell you to give it up, it kills your cardio and makes you a lot less safe to work with."

eyZU7C1.jpg
But how does he know?

She simply snorted, then smiled. "You're not my dad" she told him. "You're old enough to be my dad, perhaps, but you don't get to tell me what to do with my life, monsieur."

With that, she just spun on her heel again and began to walk away. Maybe she'd blaze one after all, before unpacking the merch. Meanwhile, Cesar Sionis was so stunned, he could do nothing but stare.

"Old? I'm only 37!"
  • Like 5

5 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

Wrestling narrative will continue soon, I'm currently finishing the write up for another diary I'm doing on the game's forum, a multiplayer save with a dude I've befriended over there where we're both running all-female promotions. Mine's Texas-based (this is the part where Tanktimus squees) "Queens of American Wrestling" and it's full of amazing, high flying ladies.

Reveal hidden contents

l2udbFh.jpgD91Wq9R.jpgCy1Fa5L.jpgRz9AS02.jpgMLoko29.jpgs3zexFx.jpg

Yes, I am totally taking my cues from Pro Wrestling EVE in presenting these badasses

tenor.gif

1 hour ago, DarK_RaideR said:
"Hey Flo, got a moment?"

63uvfJZ.jpgFwpPMkS.jpg

The accent from Down Under gave away Sionis' identity before Florida Simard turned around on her heel to face him. She had just finished cutting her pre-show promo and was off to unpack her personal merchandise to sell during the intermission. He was preparing to make his main show debut at Forge of Fury, but he didn't seem too nervous. Why should he be after all, he'd been in this business for 15 years and probably cut enough promos at DIW. Nope, he probably wasn't going to ask her for pointers.

"Oui?"

static.gif

Of course she responded in French. This wasn't going to be easy for him. He was the veteran, but she was a much bigger star here than him. He was comfortable getting his way in the locker room, but he had always shared it with other guys. This was not DIW. This was different.

"You, uhm, you familiar with that Witch Doctor kid?" he began. "Showed up high out of his mind before the first show? Yeah, well, I caught him smoking another one outside the venue earlier. Had to slap it straight out of his hand. Slap some sense into him too, he promised to give up the habit."

0VhPXbO.jpg
That's just bad juju

"Oui, what's that got to do with me?" she answered with a shrug. "You looking to ah-gossip?"

Cesar tilted his head sideways and sighed. So she was playing ignorant, huh? This wasn't going to be easy at all. Not like he could slap some sense into her too.

"No, Florida. Petrov told me you're into the same stuff, ever since your days together back in the dojo. I'm here to tell you to give it up, it kills your cardio and makes you a lot less safe to work with."

eyZU7C1.jpg
But how does he know?

She simply snorted, then smiled. "You're not my dad" she told him. "You're old enough to be my dad, perhaps, but you don't get to tell me what to do with my life, monsieur."

With that, she just spun on her heel again and began to walk away. Maybe she'd blaze one after all, before unpacking the merch. Meanwhile, Cesar Sionis was so stunned, he could do nothing but stare.

"Old? I'm only 37!"

This is good stuff. I didn't realize it, but I missed it when you stopped including this stuff with the NGW narratives.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

This is good stuff. I didn't realize it, but I missed it when you stopped including this stuff with the NGW narratives.

Once NGW got a broadcast deals and a TV show, I stuck with what most fans would see and dropped the backstage stuff. Could have presented it as news or sports media gossip, but didn't really want to. Now I'm returning to the narratives, not just because of the small company size but also to fill in the gaps for my readers: people in the GDS forums learn a few things about the NGW people they missed, NF people learn a few things about canon CVerse people.

1 hour ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

tenor.gif

Spoiler

Announce Team
qdR2xLL.jpg7WHAT6i.jpgU68wTfF.jpg
Alfonso Garcia (Play by Play) Farrah Hesketh & Boss Man Brayfield (Color)

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, DarK_RaideR said:

Once NGW got a broadcast deals and a TV show, I stuck with what most fans would see and dropped the backstage stuff. Could have presented it as news or sports media gossip, but didn't really want to. Now I'm returning to the narratives, not just because of the small company size but also to fill in the gaps for my readers: people in the GDS forums learn a few things about the NGW people they missed, NF people learn a few things about canon CVerse people.

Hide contents

Announce Team
qdR2xLL.jpg7WHAT6i.jpgU68wTfF.jpg
Alfonso Garcia (Play by Play) Farrah Hesketh & Boss Man Brayfield (Color)

Brayfield has me wanting to check for

giphy-downsized-large.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Endor said:

G'day cobba.

'ello guvn'er! Jolly good to see you around, ol' chap. Got a challenge or Battle Log up?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Red1263 said:

Fantastic update! I'm excited to see the High Flying women!

Thanks Red! The ladies' stuff is a totally different diary as another promotion in different forums. Here's the link if you wanna check it out and keep up, but bear in mind it's hosted at the game's forums, meaning those readers are familiar with the game's world so you might be missing out on some information.

Challenge Day 1: Monday, 11 May

Workouts (never miss two in a row)

As I mentioned, this would be an off day since I'd scheduled to play my best friend's "Darkest Dungeon" D&d conversion and what a thriller that was! Details under spoiler, to prevent non-Dnd people (do we even have any of those anymore?) from running into a wall of text.

Spoiler

Preface: So my best friend is trying to do a dark, survival horror themed D&d campaign inspired by the Darkest Dungeon videogame. He's made the usual DD classes into backgrounds, throwing all spellacasters out the window (save for warlocks, obviously) and allowing only human characters, with elves and dwarves as a rare exception that require a specific "Moonchild" background. As if lacking divine healing magic wasn't enough, there's also rules to make healing harder, like potions restoring 2d4+4 hp but only being usable during short rests, not in combat. There's basic gunpowder weapons and sanity checks, resulting in delusions, poor judgement, unwarranted aggression, over-the-top violence and often requiring a character's full use of downtime in order to restore sanity. Speaking of downtime, that's a heavy factor in the game. We basically have a safe haven (conveniently called Hamlet) we set out from for missions, most of which are oldschool style dungeon crawls a la "exploring the uncharted areas of the world map", then return and get some downtime till our next venture. Downtime devoted pays off both on a personal level (such as eventually gaining skill/tool proficiencies or even feats) as well as a social one, with Hamlet getting upgrades depending on the downtime we've invested. Same with loot brought in and NPCs rescued.

My character is called Kbar (which is short for "Allahu Akbar" if that's an indication to his play style) and he's a Hellion Barbarian, one of the last survivors of his tribe. He considers it a great shame that he didn't fall in battle alongside his people, so now he seeks a glorious death in combat to join them in barbarian heaven. Much like a dwarf slayer from Warhammer Fantasy, he is a suicidal death seeker. Knowing my friend tends to run stuff before it's ready, then homebrew rules on the fly, I didn't want to risk playing a character that had anything to do with magic or gunpowder, so I created a simple barbarian and made him suicidal on purpose so I wouldn't really miss him if he died. One last thing you should know about Kbar, if he's not seeing red in battle, he's drowning his shame and existential dread in mild drugs. His personality trait literally reads "I kick ass and chew mind-altering herbs. And I'm all out of mind-altering herbs" (and his flaw reads "Swords, not words!" because obviously).

So during a scavenger run on the nearby remains of an old settlement, he and Baldwin, his Leper Fighter friend (both level 1 at that point) ran into some men bullied by hobgoblins near a pier. They rushed in for the save, but while they were fighting the hobgoblins, the two men jumped on a boat loaded with crates and began rowing away in panic! After some great Athletics checks (largely aided by advantage thanks to Rage) Kbar ran down the pier, took a leap of faith in hopes of landing on the boat, hit the water instead, swam to the damn rowboat anyway and climbed aboard, stopping the men's retreat with sheer determination and capturing one. We interrogated him and learned he was part of a bandit group that had taken over a nearby tower. While scavenging the ruins themselves not long ago, the bandits had captured a young lady and held her for ransom and after her father was unable to pay up, they captured him too. Kbar and his friend returned to Hamlet with a cart full of supplies and an axe glaive to grind as they hit level 2. The following downtime was spent carousing and spreading stories, in an attempt to rile up folks for another venture to the bandit tower.

Next time we played, Kbar and his friend were joined by Jeremiah (another Leper, albeit a Monk) and Jean (an Occultist Ranger, think Paranormal Investigator). We chose to also hire an NPC bounty hunter that Jeremiah and Jean had rescued before, during an adventure of their own (remember all this is ran West Marches style, depending on which players are available on various dates) for a share of the treasure and set out to storm the tower. Turns out the kidnapped father was actually a doctor/alchemist and the bandits had forced him to brew potions for them. Ironically, their plan backfired when the bandit leader was sniped out by Jean using a crossbow bolt tipped in sleeping poison we'd grabbed from the lab and through some lucky critical hits, we were also able to fend off the trained griffon the bandit leader had also called in, hoping for a quick escape. On the way back, we spent the night at a nearby abandoned village we'd all visited several times in the past and Jean lost it when he saw a woman he'd buried with his own hands, alive in the flesh! He got aggressive towards her, we had a thrilling PvP moment where we tried to subdue him and finally made it back to Hamlet the day after. Now our base of operations had a doctor and Kbar worked closely with him during his downtime, trying to restore Jean's sanity with medicine and experimenting with his own mind-altering herbs, kinda like trying to treat PTSD by administering LSD. Combine this with Kbar's first ever in-game fight being against mutated acid-spitting spiders , he suddenly saw the light and developed an interest for herbalism, medicine etc. He's all about a glorious death in honorable combat, so stuff like poisons or insanity looks cowardly to him;he wants to be able to avoid going out like a weakling, so he's asking the doc about crafting antitoxin kits and the like. Just like that, the group's death-seeking barbarian also became the group's main healer, because that's how messed up this game is.

Fast forward to last night's game. Jeremiah and Jean were off clearing up some ancient tombs they'd been to before the whole bandit tower raid, so Kbar set off with his friend Baldwin and Foggy the NPC bounty hunter, alongside a new NPC, an soldier-esque lady carrying an arbalest (huge crossbow). Our job was to make it to a nearby mountaintop and hunt down "The Flying Death". We'd noticed something big flying above during most of our past journeys (at one point almost snatching off the mule that carried our loaded cart from that supply run I mentioned earlier, before some good Perception checks gave us a more protected route to take) and seen the bandit leader's griffon, so we figured that was what the locals called "The Flying Death". Which is also why we brought the crossbow lady with us: we were a melee-heavy group going up against flying targets. With Kbar taking point, the group ascended the mountainside and ran into a nest of not one, but two griffons! They almost mauled Baldwin and Foggy to death, but we were able to defeat them while discovering that 1) Foggy has a bit of a Fighter in him, because he has an ability similar to Action Surge, 2) the crossbow action girl has some supernatural healing ability that makes her hands glow and 3) the griffons were a pair defending their nest, which also had an egg! During some rest and patching up, Foggy shared a tale about the "King of the Mountain" who he believed was some sort of powerful animal that lived at the top, fueling local folklore in a totemic kind of way. Once we were done singing Hall of the Mountain King like the nerds we are, I figured facing this mountain deity is right up Kbar's alley and we agreed to move on. Not the smartest of moves, because we were ambushed by the "Mountain King" who turned out to be a huge, intelligent snake with metallic scales. And by huge, I mean it took 3x3 squares (15x15ft) on the battle grid, while coiled up.

Battle ensued and all signs pointed that our options were either retreat or a TPK (total party kill): the snake grabbed Foggy and constricted him to near-death, never allowing him to escape. Its scales seemed to greatly reduce whatever damage we were able to do. It even bounced off one of Foggy's grenades, sending it to explode nearby without causing any harm. Baldwin found what seemed to be a weak spot and after he hit it, the snake coiled to protect it from ever being exposed again. Despite the crossbow action girl blessing us (so I guess she's a paladin and the healing earlier was Lay On Hands?) this wasn't going well and the snake was even smart enough to not attack Kbar after a missed blow, effectively ending his second rage for the day, as the first had been used up against the griffons earlier. All the signs pointed to retreat or death , but what made it really intense for me was the fact that while I, as a player, wanted to retreat, this was exactly the way Kbar would be happy to go out, fighting an overpowered, intelligent snaky mountain deity!

Long story short, with the rage gone, Kbar was perceptive enough to notice Baldwing aiming for a weak spot and decided to alter his own approach, trying something different instead of brute force: potentially magical brute force! See, back when we fought the bandit leader, he seemed to have some sort of supernatural (sorcerous?) powers and Kbar had taken a crude black obsidian sword as loot from his corpse. He'd carried it with him to the mountain for a battlefield test, but with the damn griffons flying about earlier, he needed the reach of his trusted glaive. Now he had nothing to lose, so he switched to the sword (which was so blunt it was used more like a club) and swung with both hands. It didn't do much damage, but it seemed to shatter quite a few of the snake's scales, creating more openings for Baldwin to strike (I swear, that guy seems to roll nothing but 12s on the d12 every time I've seen him play). By the skin of our teeth, we forced the snake god to a retreat, or rather a disengage, because he's smart like that. Crossbow action girl finally was able to drag Foggy away and bring him back up to 1hp, which in turn allowed him to throw another bomb, this time striking true and finally taking down the "Mountain God".

giphy.gif

Nutrition

I'll be tracking my weight and eating every day on my phone app.

Was mindful and tracked everything. Most of my calories were of bad quality and filled up the numbers without filling up my belly much, but I persevered and had quantity intake in check. Weighed in at -100gr this morning, so I hope the trend continues.

Networking

I'll be using a quid pro quo approach: no posting on my own thread until I'm done catching up with other threads.

All caught up and posting my daily challenge update!

• Like 9

Your D&Dungeon game sounds like so much fun! I don't rate Kbar's long term survival chances, but if a barbarian makes it to level 5 without dying are you really playing a barbarian? :panda:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

37 minutes ago, DarK_RaideR said:

Was mindful and tracked everything. Most of my calories were of bad quality and filled up the numbers without filling up my belly much, but I persevered and had quantity intake in check

I find as long as I keep my quantity in check the nutrition eventually sorts itself out. Usually....! 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

'ello guvn'er! Jolly good to see you around, ol' chap. Got a challenge or Battle Log up?

Nope. You're getting my attention for free on your quid pro quo, how good is that deal?! Glad to see you're still persevering.  I'm extremely time poor at the moment but i might spin something up if i get a chance.  Lots of house reno and yard work consuming me.... and way too much "covid world's gonna end so f it" indulgence!

• Like 2

Challenge Day 2: Tuesday, 12 May

I was bored and only did a single lap, but I did my run regardless. Which is absolutely better than not doing a run at all.

Nutrition

On point again, hit a solid 93kg today already.

Networking

I'll be using a quid pro quo approach: no posting on my own thread until I'm done catching up with other threads.

All caught up and posting my daily challenge update!

• Like 6

30 minutes ago, DarK_RaideR said:

Which is absolutely better than not doing a run at all.

Fo shizzle

• Like 1
  • That's Metal 2

Challenge Day 3: Wednesday, 13 May

Rest day. Had a pretty intense day between myself and the gf, but I quickly identified what was going on and didn't give in to emotional outbursts that would only escalate the tension. Instead, I played it cool and openly told her we're both under a lot of pressure so there's no point lashing out at each other. It worked and we were better for the rest of the day. A lot of said tension stems from this job opportunity I mentioned, which would require me to move back to my hometown, with everything that would involve. She tends to start discussions about it in bed, at nighttime. I tend to look indifferent because I didn't start the discussion myself earlier throughout the day and also 10 times out of 10 eventually fall asleep. I've been open about the latter in the past, saying pre-sleep is a terrible time to start talking to me about serious stuff so I took the initiative yesterday and started the discussion in the evening about what taking that job would mean and what we'd want to have sorted out before moving. In essence, I sacrificed my workout time to have that discussion and I regret absolutely nothing.

Nutrition

I did track everything, but was snacky after the evening and went well above my calories. Which is still fine, because the goal here is to track, not stick to a caloric budget. Still, it's meant to make me mindful about my eating and I wasn't particularly mindful to be honest. All the way back up to 93,5kg this morning, but not stressing about the day-to-day fluctuations.

Networking

All good here. I should really get to work on writing up the next RotO show...

• Like 7

6 hours ago, Heidi said:

I haven't read this yet, but here's a link on Philosophy and . . . Wrestling???

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/from-the-wrestling-ring-to-plato-s-cave-in-one-easy-throw/amp?__twitter_impression=true

Totally. There's so much actual depth to the storytelling and showmanship of pro wrestling, I firmly believe most things in life, politics, philosophy etc can be explained or at least presented via a wrestling analogy.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

I sacrificed my workout time to have that discussion

Sounds like the best possible choice given the circumstances :) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Challenge Day 4: Thursday, 14 May

Things really deteriorated from "I'm going to a 2h Muay Thai training session in the park" to "I'll just go for a quick run" then "I don't want to do anything". Tried to salvage the day by doing a bunch of air squats and pushups at home. Totally counting it as a save.

Nutrition

Logged everything in, it's been helping me stay hydrated but weight loss is still a struggle on the day to day basis.

Networking

All caught up and written up the first half of the next RotO show already.

• Like 6

bYRx1ea.jpg
Wrath of the Gods
Sunday, Week 1 February 2020
Athens, Southern Mediterranean, Europe
Attendance: 92

lR9LQdX.jpg

Alberto Montero makes his entrance at the start of the show, looking all confident as he hits all four corners of the ring to pose for the fans before settling down and motioning for a microphone.

Montero: Tonight is my night! You see, I’ve been on fire since Ring of the Olympians became a thing and management knows this. They understand I shouldn’t be punished for things I didn’t do and you know what I didn’t do? I did not get pinned! Oh that’s right, it was Giovanni Bruno who was pinned, not me! That is why tonight I get to claim my spot as the number one contender for the RotO Championship after I beat Robert Howard, then continue to become the NEW RotO champion!

bGfQcLk.jpg

The music of Dovydas Vidmar blasts in response to Montero’s speech and the current RotO champion makes his entrance to a decent reaction, mostly because he interrupted Montero rather than because fans genuinely like him.

Vidmar: I’ve wrestled Howard one on one before. He’s one hell of a competitor, but I know I can beat him. You, I’m not that familiar with, but I am itching to slap your big mouth shut! Just so you know, I’ll be watching you very closely tonight but even if you manage to defeat the American, there is no way, no way you are taking this from me!

Vidmar holds the RotO Championship up high and Montero gets in his face, the two men trading some heated words off the mic as Vidmar’s music plays again. Eventually, Montero leaves the ring and is off to prepare for his match later tonight, giving Vidmar a little more time at the spotlight before he too leaves the ring.

mjjRZhw.jpg

Women’s championship Round Robin tournament Round 2 match
myom1IR.jpg25UZG0h.pngq0kRCjx.jpg
Aud Valkyrie vs Cassie O’Peter

It’s veteran versus rookie in the opening contest of the night, with both competitors coming in hot after winning their first round matches. There was little to no high flying on display, instead the match was worked in a very traditionalist manner, heavy on the strikes and grappling back and forth. Sadly, the two women’s styles didn’t seem to click really well and the action felt a little off key but the finish ended the match with a bang as O’Peter somehow tricked her opponent into underestimating her and caught her with a surprise roll up for the win.

Winner: Cassie O’Peter

mjjRZhw.jpg

63uvfJZ.jpg25UZG0h.pngzEPeklq.jpg
Florida Simard vs Gysy Rose

The next match delivered all the high flying action that had been missing from the opener, with Rose especially continuing to impress with her skills following her RotO debut. Simard made good use of her more well rounded style in an attempt to ground her nimble opponent, but Rose remained on the move and kept attacking from all angles, well aware that a more static approach would be her doom. What brought about her doom though was her inexperience, as she miscalculated the timing on a springboard dive; Simard rolled out of the way to send her opponent crashing onto the mat, then unleashed a flurry of offense to capitalize on the opening and score the pin just moments before the ten minute mark.

Winner: Florida Simard

mjjRZhw.jpg

mokJyn1.jpg25UZG0h.pngp9Ni2cl.jpg
Paula Edwards vs Serena Ventura

At 245lb of muscle and mean intentions, Paula Edwards looks like she’d make short work of half the men’s roster so facing her is never an enviable position to be in. That’s exactly what Serena Ventura found out the hard way, barely landing a move and even when she did, it never looked like it had any effect on Edwards, who threw her around the ring like a rag doll. As one sided as a match can get, this one dragged on for quite a bit but that only served to establish Edwards as a sadistic heel and garner sympathy for Ventura who refused to give up regardless of how bad she got beat up before the pinfall that felt almost merciful.

Winner: Paula Edwards

mjjRZhw.jpg

INTERMISSION
tumblr_o3jqbxBRnY1uctr63o1_500.gif

mjjRZhw.jpg

FwpPMkS.jpg25UZG0h.pngxubMr0F.jpg
Cesar Sionis vs Ryushi Ruysaki

Easily the most physical match of the night, Sionis and Ruysaki traded some hard hitting blows back and forth, often intentionally dropping their guard and daring each other to strike as hard as possible. Fans were all too happy with the outcome and seeing an even, competitive match was a welcome change of pace after Edwards had previously demolished her opposition. Ruysaki seemed to be struggling with his balance after a snap suplex from Sionis sent him crashing neck first onto the canvas, but the incident also fired him up to throw caution to the wind and attack with renewed aggression. Despite several warnings from the referee, Ruysaki seemed to be lost in his own murderous intent and for the safety of all parties involved, a disqualification was called to audible boos from the crowd who clearly wanted to see more than just ten or so minutes of this.

Winner: Cesar Sionis

mjjRZhw.jpg

KRd8pBF.jpg

Frye: I’ve had fans come up to me and ask if I’m mad or jealous about Robert competing for the title, so I wanted to take a moment and publicly set the record straight. Robert is a long time friend. He’s been my other half as tag team champions, twice. I could not be any happier for him. If I’m mad about something, it’s the hoops he’s made to jump through before he finally gets his title match. So tonight, I’m gonna be at his corner to support him and make sure no one interferes with the match, no dirty tricks or cheating. And once he’s done with tonight, I’ll be at his side again when he wrestles for the RotO championship. He deserves to win a major singles title and I am looking forward to celebrating that moment with him soon.

mjjRZhw.jpg

AhotWa7.jpg25UZG0h.pngeyZU7C1.jpg
Petter Eriksson vs Petrov Yakovlev

Another match that started off pretty physical, this one got paced down once Eriksson was able to grab his opponent in a hold and take things from a brawl into a grappling contest. There was quite a story to be told there between a tactically smart veteran who switched to his alternative, criminally underrated skillset and a passionate yet pretty one-sided up and comer who gave it his all. Oddly enough, this match was way less one sided that one would have expected, although Eriksson’s sloppiness at times might have been to blame as it created some surprise openings for Yakovlev to get back in the game, although ultimately the Belarussian fell to the Northern Lights Bomb of his opponent.

Winner: Petter Eriksson

mjjRZhw.jpg

lR9LQdX.jpg25UZG0h.pngLFcPDbz.jpgWKRd8pBF.jpg
“Macho Man” Alberto Montero vs “The Louisiana Pitbull” Robert Howard (with Nelson Frye)

Both Montero and Howard are big heavy hitters. They are tough, resilient men. They have the experience as well as a track record that’s not as filled with titles as it should be. This was more or less a mirror match and it became very apparent after the opening exchange that this would come down to stamina, endurance and a real hunger for victory. Both men tapped into their fighting spirit to keep going as they traded blows, hitting bigger and bigger moves with each sequence as the match built up to a crescendo.

12XzW2n.jpg

Giovanni Bruno chose to make an appearance as the match got close to the 15 minute mark, but Nelson Frye proved true to his word when he blocked Bruno’s way to the ring before the Lounge Lizard could get near the ropes. True to his sleazy character, the Italian tried to fast talk his way through and when he realized that wasn’t going to happen, ended up getting chased to the back by Frye. With no one but the two competitors now to focus on, the match amped up the drama as Montero and Howard traded finisher attempts, the near falls until Howard finally burst into a spear that was enough to keep the Spaniard down for the count.

Winner: Robert Howard

mjjRZhw.jpg

Show Rating:
  • Like 5

Challenge Day 5: Friday, 15 May

Counting this as an active rest day. Told the gf she can't be sleeping most of her days away by this point, she's gotten enough rest since mid-March when lockdown started so I'm worried the habit's now making her lethargic. We ended up on a long, four hour walk in downtown Athens in the shadow of the Acropolis and @EricMN will tell you that given the incline and flagstones this should definately count as a workout. I know both our feet hurt and he could barely walk up the steps to my front door. Anyway, it really did cheer her up and even if it wasn't an intense workout, it was better than sitting on my ass all day. Gotta make sure I go for a Saturday run now.

Nutrition

Logged everything on my app, still struggling to hit a sub-93kg weight.

Networking

RotO show posted, all caught up and here's my daily challenge update post.

• Like 6

I have been meaning to ask since I know nothing about wrestling to begin with - are these characters that you made up, that someone else did, or are they actual wrestlers somewhere?  How does the winner of the match get determined?  Is this like a fantasy league thing that is widely run or you are running yourself?

• Like 1

This is a thing I'm running myself on a videogame that simulates the business/storytelling/creative side of wrestling, called Total Extreme Wrestling. That means I do the hirings, determine matchups, winners etc, then get a one line text response on how each wrestler did, how the match was rated etc, then I sit down and turn that into the narrative you see here. The game itself started as fan made freeware using real world wrestlers, but once it went commercial it couldn't afford licensing, so its creator set up a custom fantasy world of his own which he populated with people and companies. My narrative is set in that world, some of the characters (mostly the youngsters) are actual characters from that world, others are randomly generated characters (the game has such a mechanism to make up for characters retiring/dying) that I've used in a previous save and imported into this one.

Let me know if any of this makes sense.

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, DarK_RaideR said:

This is a thing I'm running myself on a videogame that simulates the business/storytelling/creative side of wrestling, called Total Extreme Wrestling. That means I do the hirings, determine matchups, winners etc, then get a one line text response on how each wrestler did, how the match was rated etc, then I sit down and turn that into the narrative you see here. The game itself started as fan made freeware using real world wrestlers, but once it went commercial it couldn't afford licensing, so its creator set up a custom fantasy world of his own which he populated with people and companies. My narrative is set in that world, some of the characters (mostly the youngsters) are actual characters from that world, others are randomly generated characters (the game has such a mechanism to make up for characters retiring/dying) that I've used in a previous save and imported into this one.

Let me know if any of this makes sense.

Thanks, that makes it clear!

• Like 1