• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

DarK_RaideR

May the odds be forever in DarK_RaideR's favor

5 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:
KRd8pBF.jpg

Frye: I’ve had fans come up to me and ask if I’m mad or jealous about Robert competing for the title, so I wanted to take a moment and publicly set the record straight. Robert is a long time friend. He’s been my other half as tag team champions, twice. I could not be any happier for him. If I’m mad about something, it’s the hoops he’s made to jump through before he finally gets his title match. So tonight, I’m gonna be at his corner to support him and make sure no one interferes with the match, no dirty tricks or cheating. And once he’s done with tonight, I’ll be at his side again when he wrestles for the RotO championship. He deserves to win a major singles title and I am looking forward to celebrating that moment with him soon.

Classy gonna class!

Giovanni Bruno chose to make an appearance as the match got close to the 15 minute mark, but Nelson Frye proved true to his word when he blocked Bruno’s way to the ring before the Lounge Lizard could get near the ropes. True to his sleazy character, the Italian tried to fast talk his way through and when he realized that wasn’t going to happen, ended up getting chased to the back by Frye.

So glad to see the faces finally have some brains.

With no one but the two competitors now to focus on, the match amped up the drama as Montero and Howard traded finisher attempts, the near falls until Howard finally burst into a spear that was enough to keep the Spaniard down for the count.

My Man Robert!

• Like 1

On 5/15/2020 at 3:08 AM, DarK_RaideR said:

Workouts (never miss two in a row)

Things really deteriorated from "I'm going to a 2h Muay Thai training session in the park" to "I'll just go for a quick run" then "I don't want to do anything". Tried to salvage the day by doing a bunch of air squats and pushups at home. Totally counting it as a save.

Definite save!

On 5/16/2020 at 11:11 AM, DarK_RaideR said:

Challenge Day 5: Friday, 15 May

Counting this as an active rest day. Told the gf she can't be sleeping most of her days away by this point, she's gotten enough rest since mid-March when lockdown started so I'm worried the habit's now making her lethargic. We ended up on a long, four hour walk in downtown Athens in the shadow of the Acropolis and @EricMN will tell you that given the incline and flagstones this should definately count as a workout. I know both our feet hurt and he could barely walk up the steps to my front door. Anyway, it really did cheer her up and even if it wasn't an intense workout, it was better than sitting on my ass all day. Gotta make sure I go for a Saturday run now.

Sounds like you really did the right thing.

• Thanks 1

Aaaaand I disappeared again before the first week was even over. Remind me again why I'm doing a challenge instead of a Battle Log?

Challenge Days 6-: Saturday, 16 - Monday 18 May

No physical activity has taken place since that long walk on Thursday. We got hit with a flash heatwave of over 35C (that's 95 for you Freedomheit users) that made any outside activity basically impossible. I thought of going to the beach, but it would be super crowded with crazy post-lockdown people.

Spoiler

97997925_2848611378521363_72080574045696

Actual photo from the inside of a public bus headed to the beach, May 16.

Nutrition

I'll be tracking my weight and eating every day on my phone app.

Despite the lack of workouts, this has been going well. I've been logging on my food and water (I'm like 100% more hydrated now) and stuck to a sub 93kg weight throughout the weekend, even weighed in at 91,8kg this morning!

Networking

I'll be using a quid pro quo approach: no posting on my own thread until I'm done catching up with other threads.

I've been keeping up with posts here, to be honest this "read everything before updating your thread" thing may have been a factor in my 'disappearance'. Had to unsubscribe from a few more threads just to fix this.

• Like 6

4 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

Remind me again why I'm doing a challenge instead of a Battle Log?

Accountability? 

We got hit with a flash heatwave of over 35C (that's 95 for you Freedomheit users)

Sounds like my part of the globe :D 

I thought of going to the beach, but it would be super crowded with crazy post-lockdown people.

Looks like the wise choice!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

over 35C (that's 95 for you Freedomheit users)

only? 

*looks outside at 102F and birds are catching on fire in midair*

Yeah... that sounds about right.

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, RES said:

Accountability? 

19 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

More readers for the wrestling narrative.

I can be held accountable in a Battle Log too. Same with readers for the narrative, plus I'd have it all in one place instead of spread across several challenges. Hm...

Challenge Day 9: Tuesday 19 May

Still missing this and apparently I'll miss my Muay Thai session today as well, courtesy of a messed up balcony door. Repairman will be visiting at the same time as the MT training (because of course he is) and the heatwave hasn't subsided. I'll look into a session of NF Yoga perhaps.

Nutrition

Still logging, still sub-92kg.

Networking

I'll be using a quid pro quo approach: no posting on my own thread until I'm done catching up with other threads.

Ta-da!

• Like 6

On 5/19/2020 at 7:48 PM, DarK_RaideR said:

but it would be super crowded with crazy post-lockdown people.

That's just bonkers

bYRx1ea.jpg
Titan Struggle
Saturday, Week 3 February 2020
Athens, Southern Mediterranean, Europe
Attendance: 65

6PcleHR.jpg2qPx1id.jpg25UZG0h.pngRONM5E6.jpgcCPsTjD.jpg
Tomohiko Yamagata & Wes Stryker vs The Fashionistas
This time the show went straight to the action as Yamagata and Stryker were up in action against the veteran team of Italians Giancarlo Morelli and Roberto Milano. The two cocky athletes have had plenty of time to hone their skills as well as their characters and after a good start from hotshot rookie Wes Stryker, they worked together to distract him and gain control of the match while firing up the crowd who responded in boos. Stryker sold all the moves and even used his chain wrestling skills for the occasional counter and hope spot, only to be shut down by his opponents. This dominance couldn’t be converted into a pinfall however, especially since the Fashionistas opted for cocky pins that didn’t throw their full weight on Stryker, who kept kicking out of covers. On one such occasion, he seemed to get an adrenaline surge that had him fighting back long enough to make the hot tag to Yamagata, who hit the ring flying with a huge springboard crossbody on Morelli. After that point it was all Yamagata, as the NGW dojo graduate dropkicked Milano off the apron and hit a sequence of moves on Morelli, before putting him in a Figure Four Leglock that had him tapping the mat like a madman.
Winners: Tomohiko Yamagata & Wes Stryker

mjjRZhw.jpg

bGfQcLk.jpg
A pre-recorded message from the RotO champion, Dovydas Vidmar, is shown on the screen above the ring entrance.

Vidmar: Finally… tonight I get my hands on Robert Howard, one on one. No more aspiring challengers jumping in between us, no other competitors in the ring, just me and him. You call yourself the Louisiana Pitbull, huh? Sounds about right to me, with Nelson Frye yanking your chain. You’re nothing but his lapdog. Tonight, I’ll show you who’s the alpha dog in this yard.

mjjRZhw.jpg

Women’s championship Round Robin tournament Round 2 match
8hCWSde.jpg25UZG0h.pngQDX9qG8.jpg
Machiko Matsuda vs MAYA
An intense, personal match, this one featured two women who used to team as The Kanto Express during their European excursion and fans were excited to see them butt heads as part of the tournament. Another openly contested battle, this one saw a lot of counters, reversals and dodging, as if to emphasize how well each competitor knows the other’s style and tactics. It was so right down the middle actually, the match reached its time limit without a clear winner and the two gave each other a nod of respect after the bell, splitting the points between them as they headed back to the locker room.
Result: Draw

mjjRZhw.jpg

LFcPDbz.jpgKRd8pBF.jpg
Backstage, Robert Howard is busy doing some last stretches and a bit of shadowboxing as he’s getting ready for his big main event title match. Nelson Frye is observing nearby and turns to face the camera, apparently another pre-recorded message that airs for the fans in attendance.

Frye: I said I was going to be on Robert’s corner to prevent any shenanigans and I did just that. I said he’d win that match to compete for the RotO Championship and he did just that. We’re both men of our word. Men of honor. Something Dovydas Vidmar isn’t. I respect his skill. His power. Don’t have to like him to give him that. But I do not respect his tactics. His vodka spitting and bottle smashing. None of that tonight. I’ll be there to personally make sure of that. May the best man win!

mjjRZhw.jpg

FwpPMkS.jpg25UZG0h.pngAhotWa7.jpg
Cesar Sionis vs Petter Eriksson
Anyone who expected flips or a technical masterclass here, probably hasn’t been paying attention to Sionis and Eriksson. This was a classic fistfight, stiff and hard hitting, between two men out to prove who’s the toughest. No one ever left their feet for a move, although Sionis did make sure they left the ring so he could tap into his hardcore experience in DIW down under. However Eriksson is no stranger to such situations and he was able to instantly turn things around when he raised his huge boot to block an incoming chair shot by kicking the chair straight into the face of Sionis. Rolling his groggy opponent back into the ring, Eriksson avoided the countout and a weapons-heavy brawl, which allowed him to get some more moves in and hit the Northern Lights Bomb for the pin.
Winner: Petter Eriksson

LuKiami.jpg
The battering sound of Thorsten Sigurdsson’s theme blasts as the Blood Axe makes his entrance. Petter Eriksson observes cautiously as the mohawked youngster gets in the ring and in his face for an intense staredown, made even more intense by the fact that the song keeps playing throughout the entire segment, until Eriksson backs away with a “not today” expression.

mjjRZhw.jpg

g7NOm8K.jpg
RotO Championship match
bGfQcLk.jpg25UZG0h.pngLFcPDbz.jpgwithKRd8pBF.jpg
“The Bratva Bruiser” Dovydas Vidmar © vs “The Louisiana Pitbull” Robert Howard (with Nelson Frye)
Several shows in the making and based on a rivalry that’s been ongoing for many more years, the main event did not disappoint. Unlike the usual format thus far, this wasn’t your typical slow burner main event though. Instead, Vidmar and Howard threw themselves at each other from the opening bell, not quite in a wild frantic brawl but certainly hitting hard and giving no quarter.
lR9LQdX.jpg12XzW2n.jpg
Perhaps unsurprisingly, Alberto Montero and Giovanni Bruno did make an appearance after the first five minutes of the match, though true to his word, Nelson Frye got in their face and prevented them from interfering. Things did eventually come to blows outside the ring just as inside it, with the double brawl really firing up the fans anew. Despite being outnumbered, Frye held his ground and forced the two men to a retreat. Meanwhile, the action at rinside did seem to draw Howard’s attention more than it should and Vidmar was able to gain the upper hand, forcing Howard to claw his way back into the match just as Frye was fighting another uphill battle 2 on 1. With the challenger building up more and more steam, Vidmar reached for the vodka bottle he brings to the ring but, whether intentionally or not, Frye had knocked it off the apron during the brawl and nothing was there!
eyZU7C1.jpg
Just as it seemed that Vidmar’s trick (or lack thereof) was Howard’s big chance, Petrov Yakovlev appeared through the crowd and jumped the guardrail, taking advantage of Frye being busy fending off Montero and Bruno on the other side of the ring! Yakovlev slid into the ring just as Howard was about to make the cover and with tension rising, so did Vidmar slowly…

WHAT? HE HIT VIDMAR!

HOWARD TOO!

Fans nearly lost it as Yakovlev took out both competitors and the referee was forced to call for the bell.
Result: Double DQ

Absolute chaos ensued as the match ended and Yakovlev rushed out to attack Nelson Frye, making it a 3 on 1 situation. Numbers finally caught up to Frye and he was brought down, only for Robert Howard to stumble his way towards the fray after a hard fought match. Not that he was able to do much against Montero, Bruno and Yakovlev, who made short work of him and then hit the ring for a beatdown on Vidmar as well!

Show Rating:
  • Like 3
  • That's Metal 2

7 minutes ago, DarK_RaideR said:

Vidmar reached for the vodka bottle he brings to the ring but, whether intentionally or not, Frye had knocked it off the apron during the brawl and nothing was there!

This makes me so happy.

Just as it seemed that Vidmar’s trick (or lack thereof) was Howard’s big chance, Petrov Yakovlev appeared through the crowd and jumped the guardrail, taking advantage of Frye being busy fending off Montero and Bruno on the other side of the ring! Yakovlev slid into the ring just as Howard was about to make the cover and with tension rising, so did Vidmar slowly…

WHAT? HE HIT VIDMAR!

HOWARD TOO!

Fans nearly lost it as Yakovlev took out both competitors and the referee was forced to call for the bell.

Good twist. I did not see that coming. That should make for some interesting banter.

Absolute chaos ensued as the match ended and Yakovlev rushed out to attack Nelson Frye, making it a 3 on 1 situation. Numbers finally caught up to Frye and he was brought down, only for Robert Howard to stumble his way towards the fray after a hard fought match. Not that he was able to do much against Montero, Bruno and Yakovlev, who made short work of him and then hit the ring for a beatdown on Vidmar as well!

I protest!

DYHysYcW4AAPlHc.jpg

8 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:
eyZU7C1.jpg

WHAT? HE HIT VIDMAR!

HOWARD TOO!

Result: Double DQ

That was totally awesome and completely unexpected.  Depending on how this plays out, I may have just found my favorite guy :D 

• Like 1

I-love-it-when-a-plan-comes-together-1.j

There was a lot going on in that main event and I wanted to make it a rollercoaster ride of twists and swerves. Apparently that came across and I'm glad for it.

What? Oh, the challenge...

Challenge Day 10+11: Wednesday and Thursday 20+21 May

Not sure why I'm still failing this so hard. There's got to be more to it than the heat.

Nutrition

Still punching the info on the app, I'm having a minor rollback to (exactly) 92.0kg but determined to drop lower. Speaking of which, that might be why I'm failing the workouts part. I guess as long as the numbers are going down, I don't mind missing workouts?

Networking

Yup yup, all done.

• Like 8

Hope you had a great weekend!

I was thinking about what you said about the heat and remembered that a lot of times you swim (and I think jump off cliffs) in the summer. I wondered if your beaches are open these days, or if they are locked down.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Xena said:

Hope you had a great weekend!

When you play D&d with your fellow Rangers and the DM drops a sketch of your character, how can it not be great?

Artwork I'm using for my black scaled LizardCrocodilefolk Ranger

kevin-catalan-img-0581.jpg?1550360162

@Jarric's sketch.

Eucx1aI.png

The note underneath supposedly says "25 gold for this one" but I murderhobo'd the bad guys' leader by the end of the session to raise my stock :D

13 hours ago, Xena said:

I was thinking about what you said about the heat and remembered that a lot of times you swim (and I think jump off cliffs) in the summer. I wondered if your beaches are open these days, or if they are locked down.

Beaches opened last week just as the heatwave hit us. Like I wrote, we wanted to go but figured they'd be packed with people due to the weather and lockdown stress, so we thought it's best if we avoid it. There was a plan to take a swim during the weekend, but the heatwave was gone, weather got chilly and we even got a brief rain. Not quite beach weather.

On that note, SRLF's job might remain closed until the end of July (she's meeting with her boss as I type this to get details) so she dropped the idea of visiting my hometown for a couple of weeks if I can wrap up any loose ends at my job soon. There's no point staying home in downtown Athens any longer, might as well spend some time in Crete where beaches are better and more easily accessible. It'll be like a budget holiday. Somehow both my parents were enthusiastic about the idea when I told them over the phone last night, which is a good sign, but I know not to expect much by this point anyway..

Challenge Day 12-14: Friday to Sunday 22-24 May

Workouts still not happening. Took a long night walk with the SRLF on Saturday night though.

Nutrition

Still tracking it all, now back to a sub-92kg weight. This might be the biggest (only?) success story of this challenge.

Networking

I've been keeping up with all the threads I'm following, but didn't drop by to update mine. I'm doing the update now despite not having caught up with the latest stuff, but I'll be off to check it all out after posting this.

Also, RotO's next show is almost written out and should be posted soon. Stay tuned to find out what the hell is going on with them wrasslers in the aftermath of that main event massacre!

• Like 7
  • That's Metal 1

14 minutes ago, DarK_RaideR said:

When you play D&d with your fellow Rangers and the DM drops a sketch of your character, how can it not be great?

I'm glad you enjoyed that mate :D

• Like 1
  • That's Metal 1

bYRx1ea.jpg
Spring Rites
Sunday, Week 1 March 2020
Athens, Southern Mediterranean, Europe
Attendance: 67

lR9LQdX.jpg12XzW2n.jpgeyZU7C1.jpg

Alberto Montero, Giovanni Bruno and Petrov Yakovlev open the show with a march to the ring, drawing perhaps the most passionate hail of boos in RotO to date. Yakovlev is serious and broody, letting it all bounce off of him, while Montero and Bruno seem to enjoy it as they soak in the crowd’s hatred.

Bruno: Ah, yes, the jealousy of the mediocre people in the face of true star power. Comes with being a red carpet A-Lister like me. Now now, settle down and let the real men do the talking here.

Montero: You ungrateful wimps, with your crispy snacks and 5kg one rep max deadlifts, you should be thanking us. That’s right, thanking us, for making sure you get your money’s worth in this ring. No one wants to see two old, washed up has beens in the main event. As a matter of fact, no one wants to see them at all. I know we here don’t. And we’re doing something about it. Enough is enough. Out with the old and in with the new!

Bruno: We’ve made it our mission to put these veterans out of commission. We will no longer be overshadowed by the Vidmars and the Fryes and the Howards of this company.

kvspj7a.jpg
We are the New Breed and we’re taking over!

mjjRZhw.jpg

Women’s championship Round Robin tournament
zEPeklq.jpg25UZG0h.pngp9Ni2cl.jpg
Gypsy Rose vs Serena Ventura

With two losses each in their two respective matches so far, Gypsy Rose and Serena Ventura entered this match hungry for the win and their first two points in the tournament. Between Rose’s fast, mobile style and Ventura’s energetic brawling, there was a lot of exciting back and forth in the match. The German’s plan seemed to be all about grounding her opponent with big strikes and the occasional hold, while the Wrestling Nomad stayed on the move and got the crowd going with her flashy aerial maneuvers. Neither seemed to enjoy a distinct advantage for long and that showed all the way to the finish, where Rose slingshot herself into the ring with a crossbody; Ventura got the timing right in blocking the move and catching her mid-air, but lacked the strength and footwork to make anything of it. As a result, Rose’s momentum carried her over and into a rolling pinfall predicament that won her the match.

Winner: Gypsy Rose

mjjRZhw.jpg

myom1IR.jpg25UZG0h.pngmokJyn1.jpg
Aud Valkyrie vs Paula Edwards

So far in the tournament, Paula Edwards proved herself to be an unstoppable force and if anyone could stop her, veteran Aud Valkyrie seemed to be the top candidate. The Norwegian seemed to pace herself and used hit-and-run tactics in hopes of exhausting her larger opponent, but nothing seemed to really get under the skin of her massive American opponent. It only took a few minutes for Valkyrie to slow down and lower her hands a bit, her 39 years of age catching up with her conditioning, before Edwards saw her chance and made a move. It was all Edwards from there and the big brawler from Colorado made short work of another opponent before hitting the Powerbomb Pin for another two points in the race.

Winner: Paula Edwards

mjjRZhw.jpg

q0kRCjx.jpg25UZG0h.png63uvfJZ.jpg
Cassie O’Peter vs Florida Simard

Dublin’s hot rookie “Classy” Cassie O’Peter has certainly proven herself to be a dark horse in the tournament, with big wins over Aud Valkyrie and Machiko Matsuda so far. NGW dojo graduate Florida Simard was her scheduled opponent and the Frenchwoman seemed poised to stop O’Peter’s winning streak and continue her own. To the trained eye, it was obvious that the more experienced Simard was leading the match, while also taking it upon herself to keep fans engaged with spectacular moves and interaction. O’Peter did her best to ground the opposition and work on Simard’s legs in hopes of taking away her mobility, but it was luck, not tactics that won the day for her when she managed to catch the overconfident, laid back Simard from a schoolboy cradle out of nowhere.

Winner: Cassie O’Peter

mjjRZhw.jpg

bGfQcLk.jpgKRd8pBF.jpgLFcPDbz.jpg

Backstage footage is shown on the screen above the wrestlers’ entrance. Nelson Frye and Robert Howard are having a discussion with Dovydas Vidmar.

Frye: Listen to me! You heard them, they’re out for us all! They attacked us all last time! We have to stick together!

Vidmar: This isn’t your League of Heroes and I will no longer be ordered around!

Vidmar takes a swig of vodka

Frye: It’s not about orders, damn it! It’s about survival! The three of us are scheduled to fight them tonight!

With that, Vidmar spits out the rest of his vodka in shock and the feed cuts off.

mjjRZhw.jpg

FwpPMkS.jpg25UZG0h.png6PcleHR.jpg
Cesar Sionis vs Tomohiko Yamagata

Yamagata started the match hot, keeping up the momentum coming off his tag victory over the Fashionistas. His speed gave him the edge over the larger and much older Sionis, who could only withstand his opponent’s opening salvo of moves. Once that was over though, Yamagata took it easier in order not to burn up all his fuel too fast. It did provide an opportunity to showcase how he can also strike and grapple on top of flying, but once up close and personal with Sionis, the Greek Punisher quickly turned things around with a decapitating lariat! Now firmly in control, the hard hitting Sionis was able to use all the tricks he’s mastered while working in Australia’s deathmatch-heavy DIW and really brought the punishment on his younger opponent. Audience was split between supporting the (sort of) local hero and cheering for Yamagata to make a comeback, which the wrestlers played up by doing a bunch of hope spots with Yamagata fighting back and Sionis shutting him down before the NGW dojo graduate was able to get some offense rolling and hit a desperate Suicide Splash to score the pin.

Winner: Tomohiko Yamagata

mjjRZhw.jpg

AhotWa7.jpg

Petter Eriksson comes out of the curtain but doesn’t enter the ring. Neither does his music play. Instead, he remains at the wrestlers’ entrance with a microphone in hand and speaks his mind.

Eriksson: So, some young tough kid wants to make a name at my expense? Well step right up! I have defeated that punk Yakovlev, I pinned your hero returned from abroad Cesar Sionis and I can certainly teach a lesson to some youngster who thinks he’s all powerful just because he looks mean in a mohawk!

In an instant, a man wearing a black mask comes running out of the entrance and whacks Eriksson from behind with a steel chair! Much smaller than Thorsten Sigurdsson though, who could this mystery attacker be?

mjjRZhw.jpg

QU7pAaz.jpgccufL0i.jpgtpx175Y.jpg

25UZG0h.png
bGfQcLk.jpgKRd8pBF.jpgLFcPDbz.jpg
The New Breed (Montero, Bruno & Yakovlev) vs Dovydas Vidmar, Nelson Frye & Robert Howard

As intense a confrontation as any RotO main event yet, this one kicked off with Giovanni Bruno’s comedy spots of uncomfortably close-up grappling (and grinding, if need be) against Vidmar. As a result, tension was lifted so it could be built back up and a furious Vidmar began raining down the clubbing blows on the cowardly Lounge Lizard, who was all too happy to retreat and tag Yakovlev in. Again, having Vidmar against the man who attacked him two weeks ago sent him into an offensive frenzy, picking up the pace of the brawl until Howard tagged himself in. He and Vidmar seemed to argue about it for a moment, whether the RotO Champion could still go or if he needed a break, which created an opening for Yakovlev to shove them into each other and sandwich Howard between his teammate and the ringpost. Now firmly in control, Yakovlev focused his offense on Howard before tagging in Montero to continue breaking down the Louisiana Pitbull. Using 3 on 1 tactics, the New Breed beat down Howard on their corner but then Montero got a little overconfident and whipped him to the ropes, only for Howard to bounce back with a huge shoulder tackle that left them both lying on the mat. Struggling to make it to their respective corners, Montero and Howard tagged in Bruno and Frye at the same time, leading to a crescendo of action, only for Eriksson’s mysterious attacker to once again make an appearance and swing his chair at Vidmar, Howard and eventually Frye, ending the match on a disqualification only to then pull off his hood and reveal himself as…

j1PI65F.jpg
Winners: Dovydas Vidmar, Nelson Frye & Robert Howard

Show Rating:
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, DarK_RaideR said:

feLaTAP.jpg
We are the New Breed and we’re taking over!

tenor.gif?itemid=5578653

Not wise to take on old wrestlers in a profession where wrestlers quit young. Or as my daddy says, A young man will fight you, but an old man will hurt you.

1 hour ago, DarK_RaideR said:

Montero and Howard tagged in Bruno and Frye at the same time, leading to a crescendo of action, only for Eriksson’s mysterious attacker to once again make an appearance and swing his chair at Vidmar, Howard and eventually Frye, ending the match on a disqualification only to then pull off his hood and reveal himself as…

SzcLskT.jpg

AHHHHHHHGGGHHGHHGGG! Bad heel! No! 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:
myom1IR.jpg25UZG0h.pngmokJyn1.jpg
Aud Valkyrie vs Paula Edwards

So far in the tournament, Paula Edwards proved herself to be an unstoppable force and if anyone could stop her, veteran Aud Valkyrie seemed to be the top candidate. The Norwegian seemed to pace herself and used hit-and-run tactics in hopes of exhausting her larger opponent, but nothing seemed to really get under the skin of her massive American opponent. It only took a few minutes for Valkyrie to slow down and lower her hands a bit, her 39 years of age catching up with her conditioning, before Edwards saw her chance and made a move. It was all Edwards from there and the big brawler from Colorado made short work of another opponent before hitting the Powerbomb Pin for another two points in the race.

She seems to be the Marat of the Women's division :) 

2 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

Frye: It’s not about orders, damn it! It’s about survival! The three of us are scheduled to fight them tonight!

I am really enjoying both the new vs. old feud, but also seeing old enemies having to team up.  Very excited to see how these two story lines play out, especially for Vidmar and where this journey takes him

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Not wise to take on old wrestlers in a profession where wrestlers quit young. Or as my daddy says, A young man will fight you, but an old man will hurt you.

The irony here is that "old" and "young" are relative to how much exposure each side had in my NGW save, since other than 25 year old Yakovlev, the New Breed are around 35 while their opponents just hit 40.

1 hour ago, WhiteGhost said:

She seems to be the Marat of the Women's division :) 

She is certainly booked that way. 99% of women are Small size, with some notable Very Small exceptions and a few who might bulk up to Lightweight. Edwards is Middleweight, so I picture her as the equivalent of WWF era Chyna (the DX bruiser era, not her later "femmed up" solo run) or modern day AEW's Nyla Rose.

1 hour ago, WhiteGhost said:

I am really enjoying both the new vs. old feud, but also seeing old enemies having to team up.  Very excited to see how these two story lines play out, especially for Vidmar and where this journey takes him

Old guys are in physical decline by now, plus too expensive for a new promotion starting from nothing (which is also why Etsuko wouldn't sign, as she considered RotO too small for her) so I have to somehow phase them out and pass the torch to a new generation I'll build up. As for Vidmar, without the shadow of Marat or a faction, he is bound to have an interesting journey indeed.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

only for Eriksson’s mysterious attacker to once again make an appearance and swing his chair at Vidmar, Howard and eventually Frye, ending the match on a disqualification only to then pull off his hood and reveal himself as…

Dramatic Hamster GIFs | Tenor

Great summary, buddy! I'm loving the twists of this!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Red1263 said:

Dramatic Hamster GIFs | Tenor

Great summary, buddy! I'm loving the twists of this!

Thanks.

I re-did the New Breed logo to feature a dark green background and changed the images in the show post. As you can still see in Tank's quote, the black background would mess with non-blonde people's hair.

• Like 1

KRd8pBF.jpgLFcPDbz.jpgbGfQcLk.jpgAhotWa7.jpg

The four men were a peculiar sight, gathered as they were around the table of the taverna, Greece's average traditional style of restaurant. They were foreign, no doubt about that, but they hadn't ordered moussaka or any of the usual tourists trap dishes, nor had they gotten a salad to be split among them, as the locals would usually joke about travelling foreigners. No, despite their looks and origin, they had ordered a big platter of meat in the middle: steaks, chops, patties, chicken wings, a wild mix of animal protein surrounded by a hearty amount of fresh fried potatoes. They were all big, muscular men used to large servings and they had all spent enough time in the country to be acting like locals by now.

"It is agreed then, we slash ticket prices after the next show" Nelson Frye wrapped up the previous conversation before taking a sip of his ice cold lager. Among the four of them who had chipped in the money to start a reboot of the old NGW as Ring of the Olympians, Nelson would usually preside over the meetings. It was a role he had the charisma and respect to play, which is why he'd also lead the wrestlers' court to sort out backstage issues and deal with minor transgressions.

"Yeah we're not counting on gate income yet anyway, plus the economy's on the downswing and wrestling's not exactly topping the list of cool things to be into" Robert Howard agreed, his Louisiana accent somewhat heavier after more than a few cold ones. "Might as well lure in the fans and capitalize on it later. Same with broadcasting shows online, I think we'll all agree that can wait until we can set up the mail order side of merchandising."

Everyone else mumbled something in agreement, between bites of meat and sips of beer.

"There's something else me and Dov wanted to bring up though" Howard continued. Nelson raised an intrigued eyebrow in response. He might have spent most of his career teaming with or in some way aligned with the Louisiana Pitbull, but he was aware that off the stage, Robert and Vidmar were best buds. The big Russian looked around, caught by surprise in the center of attention while in the middle of his chewing process. Took a while to down that bite, adding some unnecessary dramatic tension to the moment.

"We want to start a wrestling school again" he finally spoke up. "Me and Rob, training people so the company can have homegrown talent." Frye took a moment to entertain the thought. It didn't help that NGW's dojo used to be helmed by the Moscow Mauler, Marat Khoklov, the man in whose shadow Vidmar had spent most of his career. "I don't know boys, it's a pretty big investment. It'll take a while to pay off and the operating expenses could kill us till then" Frye argued, but Vidmar waved it away. "No no, very bare bones stuff. We've done our calculations, fifty thousand to set up and less than a thousand per month to operate."

"Uhm, guys?" Petter Eriksson's voice cut through. The big man from Norway had been silent for the most part, consumed as he was by the screen on his phone. Which was unusual, because he was never a heavy social media used. "You might wanna check this out" he said, turning the screen for all to see.

Kp3MYOu.png
  • Wow 6

Seeing the guys just being guys and hanging out was the best part of this ride so far. You are a gifted story teller D_R, and part of that gift is in making the small "behind the scenes" details so much fun to be in on.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1