No registered users viewing this page.

DarK_RaideR

May the odds be forever in DarK_RaideR's favor

NEW WRESTLERS SPOTLIGHT

Tqjtcjw.jpg

Abominable Snowman

Bulky Big Heavyweight Brawler

34 years old (11 years of experience)

The Abominable Snowman is a huge violent brawler. Almost nothing is known about his background, other than that he is rumored to be from Romania originally. With his wild neanderthal-like look and crazed antics, he is one of the few genuinely jaw-droppingly scary men in wrestling and is a throwback to the savages who used to be fairly common during the 70s and 80s. Although he's not the sort of wrestler one would put a belt on, he's become a draw for VWA in Switzerland and is regularly used near the top of the card.

18V1J9o.jpg

Acheron

Muscular Big Heavyweight Powerhouse Wrestler

Acheron is an enormous Romanian grappler. A 6'8 monster, Acheron is very limited in the ring but has enough raw power and menace to get over with the fans. Some worry about his sloppy ring work though, as there have already been several instances of him accidentally hurting opponents. He was released by VWA in 2010 after nearly crippling Sebastian Koller with a botched powerbomb and has not done anything noticeable since until he signed with RotO, who seem willing to use his list of injuries caused as another intimidation factor.

Xxm2sHz.jpg

Dazzler

Middleweight Comedy Wrestler

Robbie "Dazzler" Urich is a Kiwi who works mainly in Australia. An unspectacular worker, his highly camp character (his real personality turned up to ten) is a dated but reliable way to get heat. He was virtually unknown until Australia's biggest promotion signed him in mid-2009, after which he was still unknown but now had a regular pay packet. That lasted until the end of 2010 when he was released, leaving him right back where he started - unknown and without a regular pay packet until he joined RotO.

mw05tLu.jpg

Notorious F.R.E.A.K.

Middleweight Entertainer

29 years old (8 years of experience)

Notorious F.R.E.A.K. is a unique wrestler to say the least. From the first moment you see him he makes an impact, although it's hard to say whether that is due to his multiple facial piercings, lipstick, mohawk, red PVC body suit, or knee high platform boots. The French worker is more of a bizarre drag act than pro wrestler, but his personal brand of individuality - and the outraged reactions it generates - gets him regularly booked by promoters looking for something (very) different. It's a shame he's so poor in the ring, or he could have been something really special rather than just a talking point for independent shows. Maybe that can change now that he has joined RotO and teamed up with Dazzler.

YDCi4yc.jpg

Remmy Skye

Toned Lightweight High Flyer

35 years old (17 years of experience)

"Psyche Out" Remmy Skye is a high flyer who is originally from Georgia. He is most closely associated with the California promotion Coastal Zone Championship Wrestling, where he spent a decade and became something of a cult hero thanks to his daredevil style and oddly hypnotic charisma. A regular champion and main eventer for them, Skye was a critical part of the company's future plans but got himself fired in 2014 after no-showing two events in six months amidst rumors of a drug problem. Skye has been a regular on the west coast independent scene since then and put on many great matches, but so far his personal issues seem to have put off any other companies from bringing him in before RotO decided to take a chance on him.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

The country or the state?

Fair point. The state. I figured working for a California-based promotion was indication enough, but hey, I'm running a European promotion so I get it.

One of the great things about the new game is the option to "Talk to Worker" and suggest various things to them, one of those being "I'd like you to become available to work in X Region". That way even little promotions can have access to workers they would otherwise only be able to get through talent trade deals. Trade deals means the worker you want to bring in has to be employed by a specific promotion you have a talent trade deal with, so that was very limited. Thanks to the new feature I could bring in folks like Remmy Skye and Dazzler, so that adds a ton of variety to the experience now.

• Like 3

23 hours ago, deftona said:

I'd pay good money to watch you do this D_R

Only if it includes camel toe....

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

On 6/3/2020 at 2:07 AM, DarK_RaideR said:

As for Remmy Skye, he really is the Jeff Hardy of that world

image.jpeg.4533121e21477cfcbf712a56dc9da63b.jpeg

I knew it!

• Haha 1

On 6/3/2020 at 10:31 PM, WhiteGhost said:

The country or the state?

On 6/4/2020 at 3:56 AM, DarK_RaideR said:

Fair point. The state. I figured working for a California-based promotion was indication enough, but hey, I'm running a European promotion so I get it.

I was wondering the same thing and guessed it was the state 🙂

• Like 1

On 6/3/2020 at 11:29 AM, deftona said:

Oh please tell me you did and video is involved

• Like 1

On 6/3/2020 at 11:29 AM, deftona said:

Hard agree, and it's a legitimate exercise.

We should all get together and do a catwalk to

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

I am equal parts entertained and scared by that Prancercize video...

You know that we would look like:

11 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

I am equal parts entertained and scared by that Prancercize video...

That woman is unironically trying to promote her business based on that exercise style. The crazy thing is, she had that video made. Someone helped her. And NONE of them talked her out of those pants.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

That woman is unironically trying to promote her business based on that exercise style. The crazy thing is, she had that video made. Someone helped her. And NONE of them talked her out of those pants.

I thought that was part of the advert. The only reason I prancerise is to try and get my moose hoof swole. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Quick check-in so you know I'm not dead, workouts still not happening but I did go to the sea for my first swim this year today!

Missed a few days not tracking my eating, but I'm back on the (figurative) horse now with a 91.7kg weight this morning.

Still keeping up with you wonderful folks, ran a bunch of RotO shows and should be posting the next wrestling show soon.

• Like 9

bYRx1ea.jpg
Gods & Goddesses
Sunday, Week 3 April 2020
Athens, Southern Mediterranean, Europe
Attendance: 78

LuKiami.jpg25UZG0h.png2qPx1id.jpg
“Blood Axe” Thorsten Sigurdsson vs “Dutch Courage” West Stryker

The opening match was, in theory, a showcase of RotO’s young talent but things were already off to a bad start when from the opening sequence, it became clear these two men just didn’t click with each other. To make matters worse, Stryker hit his opponent with a series of moves that barely registered with the big man, before Sigurdsson responded with a huge forearm that apparently broke Stryker’s jaw for real. The idea was to have the Blood Axe dominate in this match, but between his own sloppiness and the sheer cringe of seeing Stryker thrown around for six minutes before the Standing Powerslam put an end to the bout, this match would best be described as “hopefully forgettable”.

Winner: Thorsten Sigurdsson

AhotWa7.jpg

Of course, the reason Sigurdsson was set to dominate the opening match was to build up his implied future match against Petter Eriksson, who made an appearance but was prevented by security from actually laying hands on the Blood Axe after the match. The two men shared an intense staredown and the fans finally came alive, hopefully rescuing the show’s opening from that dreadful first match.

mjjRZhw.jpg

Women’s championship Round Robin tournament
p9Ni2cl.jpg25UZG0h.pngxQweJld.jpg
Serena Ventura vs Spider Isako

Unlike the opener, this was not only an even, competitive match but also blessed by amazing chemistry as Isako’s stiff hits and dark character seemed to perfectly complement Ventura’s blue collar wrestling and energetic babyface enthusiasm. Momentum of the match shifted back and forth as both ladies pulled off some moves that made the crowd pop but neither was able to get any offense rolling for a significant amount of time. So caught up they were in their fight, they ended up trading blows outside the ring until Ventura essentially took both herself and her opponent out with a suplex that saw both competitors laid out at ringside and eventually counted out.

Result: Draw

mjjRZhw.jpg

q0kRCjx.jpg25UZG0h.pngzEPeklq.jpg
Cassie O’Peter vs Gypsy Rose

Another matchup to turn out elevated by some great chemistry between its participants, this one saw Cassie O’Peter trying to ground the high flying Gypsy Rose. O’Peter almost stole this in the first few seconds of the match as she went straight into her Scorpion Deathlock finisher, which threw fans into an uproar of support for the unfortunate Gypsy, a crowd pleasing high flyer they have yet to see pull off a big win. Fortunately, the Wrestling Nomad was fresh enough to escape her predicament, but the damage was done and she sold it throughout the match to garner sympathy. As the bout went on, Rose’s moves became riskier and her lower body started to give up on her during critical moments, eventually allowing O’Peter to gain control and work her opponent over until she tapped out to her finisher.

Winner: Cassie O’Peter

mjjRZhw.jpg

INTERMISSION

tumblr_o3jqbxBRnY1uctr63o1_500.gif

mjjRZhw.jpg

KRd8pBF.jpgLFcPDbz.jpg

After the break, Nelson Frye and Robert Howard make their entrance, coming to the ring to speak their mind.

Frye: Two weeks ago, at March Madness, we lost another 3 on 3 match against the New Breed. Again, because of some outsider interfering. We’re not here to complain about it though. No, we went back to the drawing board, because today’s loss lays the foundation for tomorrow’s victory.

Howard: What we realized is the New Breed wins because they have strength in numbers and nothing to really hold them back from breaking the rules. We decided to change that. We have made a case for the creation of RotO Tag Team titles.

Frye: We know we’re the best tag team in RotO. We know the New Breed would love to defeat us over championship gold. And we know they wouldn’t risk to make a fool of themselves by losing the belts over a disqualification.

Howard: So New Breed… hell, any other tag teams out there, consider yourselves warned. It’s on!

mjjRZhw.jpg

0WblE1U.jpg25UZG0h.pngmokJyn1.jpg
Blair Kerrigan vs Paula Edwards

Paula Edwards returned to form here following her shocking loss to Florida Simard and Blair Kerrigan was the one she vented her frustrations on, allowing minimum offense throughout the match. The Dublin native did her best to stay on the move and hit some high impact moves, but the Colorado Crusher was quick to shut her down and pick up the win after toying with her a bit.

Winner: Paula Edwards

mjjRZhw.jpg

63uvfJZ.jpg25UZG0h.pngmyom1IR.jpg
Florida Simard vs Aud Valkyrie

Hot of her last big win, Florida Simard came into this match looking to keep up her momentum, while Valkyrie, who started the tournament with a victory but lost all her following matches, sought to get back on her winning ways. Unfortunately for her, she seemed to lack a certain sharpness to her kicks and strikes, which were thrown with a little less oomph than usual. Failing to really get some damage in against her opponent, Valkyrie stood her ground as best as she could but Simard was on fire and just would not be denied, certainly not by this opponent on this night.

Winner: Florida Simard

mjjRZhw.jpg

5 way Ladder match for a shot at the RotO Championship title
QU7pAaz.jpg25UZG0h.pngFwpPMkS.jpg25UZG0h.pngccufL0i.jpg25UZG0h.pngj1PI65F.jpg25UZG0h.png6PcleHR.jpg
Alberto Montero vs Cesar Sionis vs Giovanni Bruno vs Ryushi Ryusaki vs Tomohiro Yamagata

With Dovydas Vidmar defeating Petrov Yakovlev to defend his RotO Championship at March Madness, a new challenger was needed and to determine who that would be, a briefcase with a title match contract was hung above the ring, with five wrestlers competing for it. Three of those five were members of the New Breed, so of course there were fears of a collusion but other than situational alliances to take down Sionis and Yamagata, the three allies had no problem in trying to trick each other and grab the briefcase for themselves. Maybe because of their competitive nature or because they value self interest above all things, Montero, Bruno and Ryusaki pulled off their tricks, failed, then argued and eventually came to blows, making for a dramatic and competitive match of what originally looked like a deck stacked in their favor. Yamagata was able to pull off some high flying moves to pop the crowd, but the New Breed quickly took him out. This left Sionis as the one to add variety later in the match and the DIW veteran made good use of the experience he’s accumulated working deathmatches in the Australian promotion, especially a spot where he charged with a ladder in hand to knock down all three members of the New Breed. Ryusaki was the one who got up first, almost foaming at the mouth with rage and the two men traded stiff shots that built up to a spinning discus clothesline by Ryusaki, followed by a suplex on the very same ladder Sionis had used as a weapon earlier. With the stage finally clear, Ryusaki ascended a ladder and pulled away the briefcase, winning the match and earning a title opportunity for himself.

Winner: Ryushi Ryusaki

bGfQcLk.jpg

Ryusaki’s music is quickly cut short as Dovydas Vidmar comes out with the RotO Championiship title belt on one shoulder and a mic in hand.

Vidmar: Impressive… Most impressive… Also stupid. How do you hope to defeat me after a match like this? Part of me is glad I’ll be having an easy defence, but another part is sad I won’t be getting you at 100%.

Meanwhile, Ryusaki has descended from the ladder. Dazed after a physically demanding match, he staggers as he asks for a microphone.

Ryusaki: You overconfident bastard… I did not go through hell tonight to waste my title opportunity. I will wipe your face on this mat so hard it’ll erase that smug grin off of it!

Security once again comes out to get between the two men and Vidmar is pointed to the backstage as the show ends with him and Ryusaki trading insults off the mic.

Show Rating:
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

LuKiami.jpg25UZG0h.png2qPx1id.jpg
“Blood Axe” Thorsten Sigurdsson vs “Dutch Courage” West Stryker

The opening match was, in theory, a showcase of RotO’s young talent but things were already off to a bad start when from the opening sequence, it became clear these two men just didn’t click with each other. To make matters worse, Stryker hit his opponent with a series of moves that barely registered with the big man, before Sigurdsson responded with a huge forearm that apparently broke Stryker’s jaw for real. The idea was to have the Blood Axe dominate in this match, but between his own sloppiness and the sheer cringe of seeing Stryker thrown around for six minutes before the Standing Powerslam put an end to the bout, this match would best be described as “hopefully forgettable”.

I hope Sigurdsson can get his act together, I want to like him.

3 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:
KRd8pBF.jpgLFcPDbz.jpg

After the break, Nelson Frye and Robert Howard make their entrance, coming to the ring to speak their mind.

Frye: Two weeks ago, at March Madness, we lost another 3 on 3 match against the New Breed. Again, because of some outsider interfering. We’re not here to complain about it though. No, we went back to the drawing board, because today’s loss lays the foundation for tomorrow’s victory.

Howard: What we realized is the New Breed wins because they have strength in numbers and nothing to really hold them back from breaking the rules. We decided to change that. We have made a case for the creation of RotO Tag Team titles.

Frye: We know we’re the best tag team in RotO. We know the New Breed would love to defeat us over championship gold. And we know they wouldn’t risk to make a fool of themselves by losing the belts over a disqualification.

Howard: So New Breed… hell, any other tag teams out there, consider yourselves warned. It’s on!

Awesome! Great way to make room for new talent and still let the faces shine.

• Thanks 1

12XzW2n.jpg

Giovanni Bruno put his phone down, took a sip of his cocktail and leaned back on his corner sofa, striking his best Champagne Lover pose as if he was on a recliner. It had only been a few years since he last saw the former figurehead of NGW do a segment of his Lovers Lounge (apostrophe position open to interpretation) talk show segment, before he left for his home country of Mexico, but he remembered every bit of it. After all, he had been a member of his “Army of Lovers” group of subordinates, alongside fellow cocky Italians Marcello Ricci and Paolo Gandalfini.

The phone buzzed again, another social media notification. Marcello Ricci had responded on his latest post with another “behind the scenes” road story. Fans were apparently going wild about these tales from the road, but for him it was like two old friends reminiscing. And boy did the memories flood back.

It had been 15 years since he’d entered the business and almost all of that time had been spent with NGW, until its closure in 2013. Mostly working dark matches and being fodder for Lover’s enemies, then sent to developmental once it got off the ground, then when he finally was deemed good enough to return to the main roster, he had little time to do anything before the blackout. Before Ring of the Olympians came knocking with their nostalgia bait, he’d only been doing minor local, independent shows. No other promotion had offered him a steady job in the meantime and he was beginning to doubt himself. As one third in Army of Lovers, he brought the wrestling and experience; Ricci brought the mic skills and Gandalfini had the chiseled looks as well as the power to go with that physique. Now he was slowly passing the peak of his career and although he was prominently featured as a member of the New Breed, he was still the comedy guy. Montero was the muscle, Yakovlev was the young prospect and Ryusaki clearly the future star. Was he destined to be the third wheel in every group? Play second fiddle someone else for life?

He took a moment to post a response back to Ricci, then took another long sip. Man he could whip up a mean martini! Maybe if this pro wrestling thing didn’t explode, at least he could save up enough money to open his own bar some day.

jsICi8Q.jpg
  • Like 4

On 4/29/2020 at 1:26 PM, DarK_RaideR said:

3shsms.jpg

Starting Monday, May 4th, the government round these parts will be gradually lifting the lockdown and quarantine measures, with a view to a full lift by late June or early July. While they haven't done much to contain the virus besides impose lockdown (as opposed to, say, strengthen public healthcare) social isolation has kept the numbers surprisingly low. Now, with the measures gradually rolling back and still no real plan apparent, the strategy truly seems like the image posted above and I can't help but worry that frustrated people will storm out and potentially re-circulate the virus

It's been exactly 2 weeks since the cafeterias, bars and restaurants opened. We went from 0-3 new infections per day back then to anywhere from 30-100 within the last 3 days. No random testing is conducted, mind you, those numbers are only people developing symptoms and then getting tested. There are already talks of a new potential lockdown if numbers continue to rise.

Like clockwork.

• Like 1
  • Sad 5

On 6/9/2020 at 5:38 AM, DarK_RaideR said:

Vidmar: Impressive… Most impressive… Also stupid. How do you hope to defeat me after a match like this? Part of me is glad I’ll be having an easy defence, but another part is sad I won’t be getting you at 100%.

I like this new responsible Vidmar much better than the old pure gimmicky one

On 6/9/2020 at 9:28 AM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I hope Sigurdsson can get his act together, I want to like him.

Yeah, me too

• Like 2

bYRx1ea.jpg
Vertigo
Sunday, Week 1 May 2020
Athens, Southern Mediterranean, Europe
Attendance: 78

bGfQcLk.jpgj1PI65F.jpg

As the show opens, a table with a couple of chairs have been set in the middle of the ring. Dovyas Vidmar makes his entrance first, wearing a suit and tie with the RotO Championship on his shoulder. Ryusaki comes out next carrying the briefcase with his title contract inside, dressed in jeans and a vintage t-shirt from back when he was “The Lone Wolf” Okami during his first run with NGW back in a day.

Ryusaki: We have gathered here today to witness Dovydas Vidmar sign his eventual downfall. I have a contract here for a title match and I need his signature next to mine for that to happen, but the reason we’re making this a big deal is because Ring of the Olympians announced they will be launching a new Pay Per View Internet broadcast service, Network of the Olympians. Way to go with being original, by the way, guys. That service will be up by the end of this month and on the first ever event to be broadcast live across all of Europe, people will see a new champion crowned in the main event after I beat this man here to become the new RotO Champion!

Vidmar: It’s only fitting to have a match as big as this headline the first show on the Network, before I sign though, there is something I wanted to address. Your buddies, the New Breed. I don’t want them laying a single hand on me, from now until our match happens, and I’m adding it as a term on our contract.

Ryusaki: What? No no no, you got it all wrong there. I know old age is a bummer and you may have suffered some permanent brain damage from all that vodka, but you’re in no condition to impose any terms. I earned my title shot!

Vidmar: No one’s questioning your title shot. Look, don’t take this personal. I don’t like you, you don’t like me either, but none of this matters. What matters is protecting our match and RotO’s first ever show on their new Network. You wouldn’t want me carrying any lingering damage if one of your friends attacked me until that night, would you? Or win because of their help? No, you want no shade over your victory, assuming you can beat me, of course. You want me at 100% and a clean win over me. So what are you afraid of?

Ryusaki avoids answering immediately and fans start getting louder.

Ryusaki: Alright! Write it down and sign the damn thing already!

With a smile, Vidmar puts pen on paper and signs the contract, trading some words off the mic with his challenger before they both leave the ring to return backstage.

mjjRZhw.jpg

Tqjtcjw.jpg18V1J9o.jpg25UZG0h.pngYDCi4yc.jpgzoNrPER.jpg

A graphic is shown and an announcement is made that later tonight, Transylvanian Anger will be facing Remmy Skye and a mystery partner in a tag team match. The announcing team spend a few minutes speculating who that could be and what are the odds that team could defeat the powerhouse duo of Abominable Snowman and Acheron.

mjjRZhw.jpg

myom1IR.jpg25UZG0h.pngxQweJld.jpg
Aud Valkyrie vs Spider Isako

The night’s series of matches for the ongoing Round Robin tournament to determine the first ever RotO Women’s champion kicked off (no pun intended) with the duo of hard strikers in Valkyrie and Isako. The veteran from Norway dictated the pace of the match and called most of it, using her long legs to keep her opponent at bay but also making Isako look like a million bucks the way she sold her stiff knee strikes, including the final Running Knee Strike that took Valyrie down for the count.

Winner: Spider Isako

myom1IR.jpg

After the match, a still-staggering Valkyrie motions for a microphone. Stammering through the words while talking in Norwegian, which no one in the audience understands (there’s a reason she hasn’t been on the mic more often!) she says something that clearly fails to make any impact. In an attempt to drive the point home, a graphic is shown above the wrestlers’ entrance, announcing that her next match will be her last before she hangs up the boots and retires from being an active competitor.

mjjRZhw.jpg

0WblE1U.jpg25UZG0h.pngzEPeklq.jpg
Blair Kerrigan vs Gypsy Rose

Next up, two young and popular women were set to clash in a match that, by this point, was more about bragging rights since both ladies have fallen behind in the race to top the scorecard. Although energetic, both wrestlers are extremely green in the ring and it showed, even though the match was obviously tight-scripted and rehearsed. It didn’t help that Gypsy Rose was clearly somewhere else in her head and landed several moves in real sloppy looking fashion, though fortunately they only ended up looking bad without injuring anyone. The match itself ended on a double disqualification, since both competitors had ended up throwing stiff closed-fist punches to each other. Not sure who started it and not seeing either stopping it, the ref decided to call for the bell and throw the match, yielding a single point to each wrestler.

mjjRZhw.jpg

q0kRCjx.jpg25UZG0h.pngp9Ni2cl.jpg
Cassie O’Peter vs Serena Ventura

Again, both competitors here lack the experience between the ropes and it showed, especially since one of them in Serena Ventura blew a bunch of their spots, landing badly on several occasions but somehow persevering. Of course, O’Peter caught on to that and began to focus her offense on her opponent’s damaged back, softening it up for when she finally applied the Scorpion Deathlock to get her to submit.

Winner: Cassie O’Peter

mjjRZhw.jpg

6PcleHR.jpg

Tomohiko Yamagata comes out to the ring, no music or fanfare, just a mic in hand so he can address the crowd.

Yamagata: I missed my opportunity at that ladder match. Odds were against me anyway, but that never scared me. Ryusaki is a worthy challenger, I’ve wrestled him and I can tell from experience. I respect his skill, but I don’t respect his methods. That’s why I didn’t join the New Breed. But I’m not aligned with their targets either. Things aren’t black and white. I’ll do my own thing. I’ll bounce back, like I always do.

mjjRZhw.jpg

INTERMISSION
tumblr_o3jqbxBRnY1uctr63o1_500.gif

mjjRZhw.jpg

Tqjtcjw.jpg25UZG0h.pngYDCi4yc.jpgey5i9qt.jpg
Abominable Snowman vs Remmy Skye & Nathaniel Ca$ino

Skye’s mystery partner is revealed to be fellow high flyer Nathaniel Ca$ino, a native -fittingly- of Reno, Nevada. Acheron however never appears and despite that putting him at a numerical advantage, the impatient Snowman is all too happy to attack and make this a de facto 2 on 1 handicap match. Still a formidable force on his own, the powerhouse from Romania can more than stand his ground and Acheron’s absence actually somehow ends up making this match pretty even as Skye and Ca$ino actually look like they’ve got a decent chance to win. Using duck, weave and dodge tactics alongside quick tags, the team from the Western side of the U.S. slowly manages to confuse, enrage and tire out their big opponent, creating an opening for Ca$ino to hit his Double or Nothing finisher and wrap up his RotO debut with a big win after an impressive showing.

Winners: Remmy Skye & Nathaniel Ca$ino

mjjRZhw.jpg

8hCWSde.jpg25UZG0h.pngmokJyn1.jpg
Machiko Matsuda vs Paula Edwards

A classic David vs Goliath matchup as the small lucha-inspired Matsuda takes on the Colorado Crusher, Paula Edwards. Also a classic Edwards match in that she no-sells her opponent’s offense and then proceeds to throw her around the ring like a rag doll before she grows tired of toying around and actually pins her for another win in dominant fashion.

Winner: Paula Edwards

mjjRZhw.jpg

63uvfJZ.jpg25UZG0h.pngQDX9qG8.jpg
Florida Simard vs MAYA

A clearly more even and competitive bout compared to the squash match that preceded it, the last of the night’s Women’s Tournament matches sees Simard, one of the leaders in points, go up against MAYA who has fallen behind but still proven to be a dangerous competitor and a surprise hit with the fans, especially young women in the audience. The story begins in a fairly standard fashion, technician attempting to ground a high flyer, but things quickly take an interesting turn once the grounded Simard switches her approach to show she can also brawl and grapple. Things quickly get heated and the pace picks up but neither woman seems to be getting the upper hand for too long before her opponent fires back and eventually the timer runs out to end this as a time limit draw.

mjjRZhw.jpg

AhotWa7.jpgKRd8pBF.jpgLFcPDbz.jpg
25UZG0h.png
QU7pAaz.jpgccufL0i.jpgtpx175Y.jpgwithj1PI65F.jpg
Petter Eriksson, Nelson Frye & Robert Howard vs The New Breed (Montero, Bruno & Yakovlev, with Ryushi Ryusaki)

The main event of the evening was a 3 on 3 match between the NGW veteran stars and the New Breed. While it may have seemed a little overplayed by this point, the match was still interesting in light of Frye & Howard’s tag team challenge and the presence of the #1 contender at ringside. Ryusaki wasn’t shy about getting involved in the match, almost mocking the stipulation his scheduled opponent added to their contract at the start of the show, but with Nelson Frye obviously having a bad night, Ryusaki’s involvement quickly got focused on Frye to hide/justify the Englishman’s shortcomings. This also made the face team’s approach a bit more one-dimensional, relying heavily on the power of Eriksson and Howard, but just as things looked dire…

bGfQcLk.jpg

Dovydas Vidmar made his way down to the ring, getting right into Ryusaki’s face and daring him to raise a hand. Fans got another moment to get hyped about that upcoming title match before referee Dwayne Hewitt made a call and ejected both Vidmar and Ryusaki, ordering them to leave the ringside and return backstage or he would stop the match. The decision was welcomed with cheers and indeed was the turning point against the New Breed. With no further distractions, the babyface team were able to claw their way back into the match and thanks to a particularly nasty neck wrench, Petrov Yakovlev found himself trapped in the thick arms of Robert Howard and tapping out to avoid any serious damage.

Winners: Petter Eriksson, Nelson Frye & Robert Howard

Show Rating
  • Like 4

pAEq6gk.jpg

18V1J9o.jpg

KRd8pBF.jpg

Acheron storms out of Vertigo
While Transylvanian Anger, his tag team with Abominable Snowman, were advertised during the early part of the show as scheduled to wrestle a match later in the night, Acheron was nowhere to be seen. What seemed as a storyline at first took a wild turn when, following the show, Acheron actually put up a post on his social media, claiming he had quit the promotion just hours before the show. Later on, Ring of the Olympians issued a statement saying Acheron had in fact been fired on the grounds of injuring Tomohiro Yamagata during his debut, only to provoke a response from the angered wrestler who called Yamagata "soft" and promised to reveal everything in an upcoming shoot video about what transpired behind the scenes before the Vertigo show. 

Nelson Frye trimming his waist for tag team gold
After revealing RotO's intentions to introduce tag team titles a while ago, Nelson Frye posted an impressive photo of him in the gym, claiming he is "ready for this" and missing a large chunk of the fat around his abdominal region. Clearly the title race has rekindled a passion inside the Englishman and this couldn't have come at a better time, given how he and Robert Howard are scheduled to headline RotO's upcoming Mayhem show in a four corners tag team match to determine the first ever RotO Tag Team champions.

dCLnspm.jpg

• Like 4

2 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:
bGfQcLk.jpgj1PI65F.jpg

As the show opens, a table with a couple of chairs have been set in the middle of the ring. Dovyas Vidmar makes his entrance first, wearing a suit and tie with the RotO Championship on his shoulder. Ryusaki comes out next carrying the briefcase with his title contract inside, dressed in jeans and a vintage t-shirt from back when he was “The Lone Wolf” Okami during his first run with NGW back in a day.

I'm leaving out the whole narrative to keep this from getting too long. Let me echo White Ghost that I like mature Vidmar way better than Vodka Bottle Vidmar. I grinned when he got smart about the extra clause in the contract. Unlike a face, Vidmar doesn't have to pretend he's above such things, and is smart enough to work around the youngster's schemes.

Tomohiko Yamagata comes out to the ring, no music or fanfare, just a mic in hand so he can address the crowd.

Yamagata: I missed my opportunity at that ladder match. Odds were against me anyway, but that never scared me. Ryusaki is a worthy challenger, I’ve wrestled him and I can tell from experience. I respect his skill, but I don’t respect his methods. That’s why I didn’t join the New Breed. But I’m not aligned with their targets either. Things aren’t black and white. I’ll do my own thing. I’ll bounce back, like I always do.

This was interesting. I liked it.

Tqjtcjw.jpg25UZG0h.pngYDCi4yc.jpgey5i9qt.jpg
Abominable Snowman vs Remmy Skye & Nathaniel Ca$ino

Skye’s mystery partner is revealed to be fellow high flyer Nathaniel Ca$ino, a native -fittingly- of Reno, Nevada. Acheron however never appears and despite that putting him at a numerical advantage, the impatient Snowman is all too happy to attack and make this a de facto 2 on 1 handicap match. Still a formidable force on his own, the powerhouse from Romania can more than stand his ground and Acheron’s absence actually somehow ends up making this match pretty even as Skye and Ca$ino actually look like they’ve got a decent chance to win. Using duck, weave and dodge tactics alongside quick tags, the team from the Western side of the U.S. slowly manages to confuse, enrage and tire out their big opponent, creating an opening for Ca$ino to hit his Double or Nothing finisher and wrap up his RotO debut with a big win after an impressive showing

Snowman needs to start coming out to the theme from Smokey and the Bandit :) 

Dovydas Vidmar made his way down to the ring, getting right into Ryusaki’s face and daring him to raise a hand. Fans got another moment to get hyped about that upcoming title match before referee Dwayne Hewitt made a call and ejected both Vidmar and Ryusaki, ordering them to leave the ringside and return backstage or he would stop the match. The decision was welcomed with cheers and indeed was the turning point against the New Breed. With no further distractions, the babyface team were able to claw their way back into the match and thanks to a particularly nasty neck wrench, Petrov Yakovlev found himself trapped in the thick arms of Robert Howard and tapping out to avoid any serious damage.

This was a lot of fun to watch read.

1 hour ago, DarK_RaideR said:
pAEq6gk.jpg

18V1J9o.jpg

KRd8pBF.jpg

Acheron storms out of Vertigo
While Transylvanian Anger, his tag team with Abominable Snowman, were advertised during the early part of the show as scheduled to wrestle a match later in the night, Acheron was nowhere to be seen. What seemed as a storyline at first took a wild turn when, following the show, Acheron actually put up a post on his social media, claiming he had quit the promotion just hours before the show. Later on, Ring of the Olympians issued a statement saying Acheron had in fact been fired on the grounds of injuring Tomohiro Yamagata during his debut, only to provoke a response from the angered wrestler who called Yamagata "soft" and promised to reveal everything in an upcoming shoot video about what transpired behind the scenes before the Vertigo show. 

Nelson Frye trimming his waist for tag team gold
After revealing RotO's intentions to introduce tag team titles a while ago, Nelson Frye posted an impressive photo of him in the gym, claiming he is "ready for this" and missing a large chunk of the fat around his abdominal region. Clearly the title race has rekindled a passion inside the Englishman and this couldn't have come at a better time, given how he and Robert Howard are scheduled to headline RotO's upcoming Mayhem show in a four corners tag team match to determine the first ever RotO Tag Team champions.

dCLnspm.jpg

This is a lot of fun to have in addition to the show narratives.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Let me echo White Ghost that I like mature Vidmar way better than Vodka Bottle Vidmar.

Vodka Bottle Vidmar was a lieutenant in a gimmicky group of villainous Russians. Mature Vidmar is a solo guy in a very different situation. I do appreciate how this difference is character is shining through.

This was interesting. I liked it.

Appreciate it. Yamagata actually got a penalty for fumbling without a script (but is still super popular so he got a good rating). I tried to make the promo slightly incoherent to showcase that, but it still gets his point across, even if he seems to be selling himself short for the most part.

Snowman needs to start coming out to the theme from Smokey and the Bandit :) 

Curb your Texan enthusiasm, Snowy's from Romania :P

This is a lot of fun to have in addition to the show narratives.

Thanks. Trying to highlight minor behind-the-scenes developments that I feel do not deserve a full narrative. A fellow diary writer and friend handed me the html code and a formatting site to tweak it. You'd like him, he's a big fan of cowboys and owns a bunch of original Stetsons ;)

• Like 4

1 hour ago, DarK_RaideR said:

A fellow diary writer and friend handed me the html code and a formatting site to tweak it. You'd like him, he's a big fan of cowboys and owns a bunch of original Stetsons

Damn, I don't own any Stetsons (too expensive for a hat I wear maybe two or three times a year).