• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

deftona

The QuaranQueen's Garden Party (Now with Community Jukebox!) Deffy #60

7 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Perhaps the next theme could be either Elton John...

I am always happy for suggestions! 

Today's garden party outfit

Aria Mini Dress

Today's theme... Elton John (thanks Tank!)

• That's Metal 1

I couldn’t not. Here is my number one. 

As an aside, this year I got a student part way through the year who was a mess. She used to grumble and swear at others and obviously that caused distress.   At one point she told me her grandma played Elton John all the time.  So I started playing him during quiet work time and she would quietly sing along instead of starting stuff and the whole world was calmer.  

• Like 3

Never really spent any serious time with Elton John.  I mean I’d heard a bunch but never invested the time to properly listen. But I watched the film a few weeks ago and when you line up all his hits next to each other like that there are so many amazing tracks.  For a time there he was just prolific!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, deftona said:

HOLD UP, I JUST SAW THIS DRESS AND NOW I AM GOING TO BUY IT

10004524-amara-dress-red-tar-01_1.jpg

That's gorgeous, good call.

Not a huge Elton fan, but I do like to wail along to this one:

• Like 3

5 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

I don't know why but I am surprised you chose this one Whiteghost.

4 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

I couldn’t not. Here is my number one. 

As an aside, this year I got a student part way through the year who was a mess. She used to grumble and swear at others and obviously that caused distress.   At one point she told me her grandma played Elton John all the time.  So I started playing him during quiet work time and she would quietly sing along instead of starting stuff and the whole world was calmer.  

That's a gorgeous song and I love this story. You're a good man. 

2 hours ago, Quirky Quinn said:

Never really spent any serious time with Elton John.  I mean I’d heard a bunch but never invested the time to properly listen. But I watched the film a few weeks ago and when you line up all his hits next to each other like that there are so many amazing tracks.  For a time there he was just prolific!

His 70's and 80's stuff is great. I'm not a fan of his more recent stuff but he has enough before that! 

1 hour ago, Jarric said:

Not a huge Elton fan, but I do like to wail along to this one:

HOLD ME CLOSER, TONY DANZA! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Allright. I actually have two offerings, they are my two favorite of his.

Ha, what a coincidence Tank, both of those are my favourites! 

Another one in the running

• Like 1

Thursday Update

I didn't sleep too well the night before but I still woke up quite early. I got my french done but I didn't need to do any reading as I was up late the night before and read my plague literature (my favourite genre!) on the kindle after midnight so it counted. I did kettlebell squats for my 30 booty moves, then an hour on the elliptical even though I wasn't really feeling it. I did that and ate some stew for lunch with TH, then showered and headed into the garden for some sunbathing. The sun was strong but my garden is so shady I was a bit cold so there I was in a bikini top, shorts and a blanket looking like a bit of a muppet but who cares. it was nice to be outside and I spent the whole time listening to music and staring up at the blue sky thinking about stuff. 

I cooked my parents their takeaway because I need to pop over early this morning. I did them a chicken and mushroom stir fry with egg fried rice. For us, I baked the coley from the high welfare fish box in a tomato sauce with courgette and pink onions and served it with a cheddar and leek potato cake. It was really good. We watched some mindless TV in the evening but I forgot to do my "task to make me look better" so I jumped out of bed last thing and put on a sheet face mask which threw TH off his foreplay game a little but he's a trooper so it didn't ruin everything as it might have for a lesser man. Gotta get them goals.

I didn't sleep well again last night. I was way too hot and although I had the fan on full blast and was slowly shedding my clothes, I was still awake after 3 am. I tracked my calories for yesterday and they were pretty low, even though I was nicely full. This is what I want. I am so tired today but I have a lot to do so I am hoping being so busy will help me sleep tonight. 

• Like 5

My favorite Elton John songs are Rocket Man and Yellow Brick Road.  My dad was a big fan, but I haven't spent a lot of time with him, to be honest.

I hope you sleep better tonight!  Happy Friday!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

I’m listening to Elton John on Spotify. Man, there are a lot of clunkers in there. When did he start sucking? ‘82? Earlier?

I think he properly lost it when he did the Lion King. 

Also I am immediately going to friend you on Spotify. Don't judge me for how often I listen to songs about butts. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

I’m listening to Elton John on Spotify. Man, there are a lot of clunkers in there. When did he start sucking? ‘82? Earlier?

I personally theorize there is a direct correlation between how good the song is and how ridiculous the outfits he was wearing at the time were.

I personally theorize there is a direct correlation between how good the song is and how ridiculous the outfits he was wearing at the time were.

Data indicates it was all over after the 1980 concert in Central Park when he wore the Donald Duck outfit for no particular reason.
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

Data indicates it was all over after the 1980 concert in Central Park when he wore the Donald Duck outfit for no particular reason.

There's just no helping some people is there.

I couldn't friend you on spotify because the friend finder didn't work. And if you didn't register with your facebook ID you probably wouldn't show up there anyway

Today's garden party outfit

Hell Bunny Rockabilly Corduroy Mini Dress WONDER YEARS Pinafore ...

I love these pinafores. I bought one in forest green just before Christmas and I have kicked myself for not buying the wine one at the same time because they sold out of it everywhere but as I was on the site buying the tartan dress from yesterday I noticed they had these back so I bought it too. I buy a lot of new clothes for someone who doesn't leave the house at all. 

Today's garden party theme:

Someone called Bill/Billy/William/Willy

• Like 2

There's just no helping some people is there.

I couldn't friend you on spotify because the friend finder didn't work. And if you didn't register with your facebook ID you probably wouldn't show up there anyway

I didn’t know that was even a thing. I just got on Spotify right before lockdown when I found out I could stream it at school. I normally use Pandora.

I’ll start a personal account I can fill up with butt music and look for you.

ETA, wait does this mean you’ll be able to find out I’m a secret Swiftie?