• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

deftona

The QuaranQueen's Garden Party (Now with Community Jukebox!) Deffy #60

2 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

I’m a secret Swiftie?

HAHAHAHAHA No one is a "secret" Swiftie. Everyone has at least a few songs they like, and it's just better that we all admit it 

(waits for the "no I really hate her omg, I just want to shake HER off!" responses)

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

HAHAHAHAHA No one is a "secret" Swiftie. Everyone has at least a few songs they like, and it's just better that we all admit it 

(waits for the "no I really hate her omg, I just want to shake HER off!" responses)

I'm pretty meh about her.

• Like 1

I know it's reaching but I've been waiting for you to do Smashing Pumpkins so I'm playing this one because he may be an asshole but Billy Corgan is kind of a genius.

It's one of my favorite songs ever and I can play it on my ukulele.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I haven't listened to much Billy Joel, I only know a few of his. I will rectify this soon! 

7 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

SLOTH! I LOVE THIS SONG! 

6 hours ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

My favourite Swift song! 

4 hours ago, Cheetah said:

I know it's reaching but I've been waiting for you to do Smashing Pumpkins so I'm playing this one because he may be an asshole but Billy Corgan is kind of a genius.

It's one of my favorite songs ever and I can play it on my ukulele.

I would love to hear your version! I take requests, I'll do the Pumpkins tonight :)

• Like 1

Friday Update

I didn't sleep well again (or last night for that matter :( ) so I was a bit of a zombie yesterday. I drove to my parents to take them their takeaway and collect some shopping I'd had delivered there but I got almost there and realised I had forgotten their takeaway and everything else I needed to take them so had to do a loop and drive back to my house to collect everything. So that took a little longer than it should have. I got back and watched TV and tried to nap on the sofa but I couldn't. I don't know what's up with me. 

Dinner was battered fish and chips because it was Friday and we're British and I think it's some kind of law. Because dinner was so calorific and I fully intended to Tequila myself in the evening I kept my calories low during the day, only eating fruit and vegetables until the evening, the most phallic of which I stood in the doorway eating with full eye contact with TH while he was in a Zoom meeting with work colleagues to pay him back for sexually harassing me when I was eating a banana in the garden the day before. I cannot eat bananas, ice lollies or anything else that shape in front of him without him thinking I am trying to eat them sexily on purpose but I am genuinely not, it must just be that natural sex appeal I have (LOL) so yesterday I showed him what it would look like if I was intentionally trying to imply something. I think he now understands the difference. 

In the evening I got my workout done, side leg raises and an hour on the elliptical and my glutes were so activated it felt like I did the entire 10 kms of elliptical work powered entirely with BUTT POWER.  This is what I want. I missed my reading yesterday and I got to the stage where I was thinking "if I just do half an hour on the elliptical I will have time to read too and can knock out both goals" but then I reasoned with myself because sexy butts don't come from books and I made the right choice for my goals. The most important things I need to knock out are the eating well, exercising and hydration goals so failure on the other things is much more acceptable. 

We drank and played pinball late into the night, talking about important things. I can't believe after 10 weeks holed in together we're not sick of each other. I could live like this forever ❤️ 

• Like 8
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I'm pretty meh about her.

Hahahahaha! (Hugs) but isn’t there one song you love?

4 hours ago, deftona said:

powered entirely with BUTT POWER.

YESSSSSS! Go for it, QUEEN!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, deftona said:

your version

Maybe I'll video it soon.  My singing is terrible, just so you know, and I can't do any of the guitar leads.  But I found a way to follow the chords progression and use the drum rhythm, which I think is really great in that song.

• Like 1

requests

Hang on... Do I get only one request?  Because I've also been waiting for Led Zeppelin, which has broader appeal and I'm very interested to see what everyone picks, because there's so much diversity in their music.  I say go with Zeppelin.

• Like 1

I think he now understands the difference. 

Muahahaha! I feel a vicarious sense of vengence now haha. Fun times though :D

Awesome job sticking to your goal despite the book calling your name!

1 hour ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

YESSSSSS! Go for it, QUEEN!

I WILL! 

39 minutes ago, Cheetah said:

Maybe I'll video it soon.  My singing is terrible, just so you know, and I can't do any of the guitar leads.  But I found a way to follow the chords progression and use the drum rhythm, which I think is really great in that song.

Interesting because I can sing but have no other talents so maybe we could do a socially distanced duet! 

22 minutes ago, Cheetah said:

Hang on... Do I get only one request?  Because I've also been waiting for Led Zeppelin, which has broader appeal and I'm very interested to see what everyone picks, because there's so much diversity in their music.  I say go with Zeppelin.

No, you can have as many as you like :) We'll do Zep tonight and Pumpkins tomorrow. 

• Like 2
  • That's Metal 1

2 minutes ago, analoggirl said:

Muahahaha! I feel a vicarious sense of vengence now haha. Fun times though :D

He's very good at roasting me on the spot for stuff but I usually win in the end if I'm given time to think about it.

Except for this thing he does when we're out in a restaurant or pub and I pop to the loo. When I come back, he always says (just a little bit too loud) "Do you feel better now?" as if I have been for a poo. I've yet to think of reasonable payback for this but I am hoping inspiration will come to me one day. 

• Like 1

AND OMG HOW COULD I FORGET but I pinned TH again last night so I got that challenge goal nailed and the title is still mine. 

• Like 4
  • That's Metal 4

Today's garden party outfit:

I'm feeling a bit meh so I'll just put on a massive jumper and we'll pretend it's a dress and I bothered. 

Half Blue And Grey Oversized Jumper Dress | The Left Bank | SilkFred

Today's music theme (try not to fall over in shock)

LED ZEPPELIN (thanks to Cheetah!) 

• Like 5

This is the first Zeppelin song I ever heard, and it always makes me happy.  

I don't have a lot of memories of my dad that aren't horrible.  The times he was the most human to me was when we listened to his records together, and this was one of my favorite.

• Like 3
  • That's Metal 1

@Salinger , you win that was the best Bill option.

This is far and away my favorite Led Zeppelin song.  I saw this tour, we paid a ton of money to sit so high up we could literally touch the ceiling of the stadium.  It was a good show, but being so far away put me off stadium shows for a very long time.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

@Salinger , you win that was the best Bill option.

Thanks Sloth!! ❤️

On 5/22/2020 at 4:39 PM, deftona said:

I don't know why but I am surprised you chose this one Whiteghost.

I am not very good at this game because I haven't really listened to many of these artists so I have to google them to see if they sang any songs I have heard before.  Looking though a list of his songs this was strangely one of the few that I was familiar with, although I can't recall where I know it from.

On 5/23/2020 at 7:20 AM, deftona said:

Someone called Bill/Billy/William/Willy

This one I didn't have to look up, but it was hard to pick one because he has so many great ones.  I finally settled on this one

8 hours ago, deftona said:

LED ZEPPELIN (thanks to Cheetah!) 

I googled this one and thought that I hadn't heard any of them until I came across this one

• Like 2