• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

deftona

The QuaranQueen's Garden Party (Now with Community Jukebox!) Deffy #60

1 hour ago, deftona said:

If you haven't tried them I think you should. They are much more delicious than they have any right to be.

I don't know. They sound suspiciously posh. I feel like if I eat one, a monocle will spontaneounly form itself around my eye and I will start calling everybody "my dear".

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, zenLara said:

I don't know. They sound suspiciously posh. I feel like if I eat one, a monocle will spontaneounly form itself around my eye and I will start calling everybody "my dear".

I understand your concern, it's a real possibility. 

Which reminds me, I forgot to ask @WhiteGhost and @Mr_Willes if they think I am posh 🤣

• Haha 2

39 minutes ago, Terah said:

Your cat gave me the giggles :D  

Following along!

She causes me worry every single day, her decisions are those of a complete airhead. But I love her which is why I worry so much. 

21 minutes ago, WhiteGhost said:

No disrespect to @jonfirestar, but you sounded way more Posh than he did. 

Oh no, definitely not. I bet Jon pronounces the "R" in bath. 

• Haha 1

I'm glad you're finding temporary solutions for your feelings, and I support them whole heartedly, but I hope your doctor is able to help you as well.  

That cat story was everything I needed this morning.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Novaurora said:

I'm glad you're finding temporary solutions for your feelings, and I support them whole heartedly, but I hope your doctor is able to help you as well.  

I feel in a bit of a conundrum because I worry she's going to ask me what I am doing to ease my symptoms and you may have all noticed from following my threads for a while that I have some sort of personality defect/mental illness that, when asked a direct question, I literally cannot lie. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, deftona said:

I feel in a bit of a conundrum because I worry she's going to ask me what I am doing to ease my symptoms and you may have all noticed from following my threads for a while that I have some sort of personality defect/mental illness that, when asked a direct question, I literally cannot lie. 

I feel like your doctor would also support your current strategies.  Exercise ✔️ Stress Relief ✔️ Bonding ✔️ It's got it all

• Like 5

3 hours ago, deftona said:

I understand your concern, it's a real possibility. 

Which reminds me, I forgot to ask @WhiteGhost and @Mr_Willes if they think I am posh 🤣

I learned English from watching 80's Saturday morning cartoons without subtitles. For me it's all american, my first time in England our host actually accused me of having an american accent. So for me all English i come about is american.

Therefore every time i hear someone from the UK actually talk i'm all like...

What The Hell GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

edit: It also actually is harder for me to understand...

Edited by Mr_Willes
  • Like 3

25 minutes ago, Mr_Willes said:

edit: It also actually is harder for me to understand...

Well to make it easier I can try to put on an American accent next time? :D 

(it will be terrible)

• Haha 3

We shall all now call your cat “Your Meowgesty” as you are Queen, your cat needs an appropriately royal address. 

KJ is a comedian type that if we were at a party, I’d be glad to meet him and then would be like “my shoe is filling up with blood” 

87BCCC42-048C-4381-A53E-A5151E7C44F1.jpeg

• Like 1

I read the description of your cat's antics while simultaneously my subconscious supplied a Looney Tunes soudntrack complete with sound effects. Thank you for that this morning.

3 hours ago, deftona said:

You joke but for certain people from Oklahoma, Rs exist in Wash. In fact, till my mother (who is a native Texan but she has a lot of Oklahoma Ties) became a teacher and forced herself to stop, she used to tell me to warsh (like war-sh) my hands before dinner and that George Warshington was the first president of the U.S. It does not sound posh at all.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

You joke but for certain people from Oklahoma, Rs exist in Wash. In fact, till my mother (who is a native Texan but she has a lot of Oklahoma Ties) became a teacher and forced herself to stop, she used to tell me to warsh (like war-sh) my hands before dinner and that George Warshington was the first president of the U.S. It does not sound posh at all.

It does sound posh in British English. Only posh people add "r"s 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

We shall all now call your cat “Your Meowgesty” as you are Queen, your cat needs an appropriately royal address. 

KJ is a comedian type that if we were at a party, I’d be glad to meet him and then would be like “my shoe is filling up with blood” 

87BCCC42-048C-4381-A53E-A5151E7C44F1.jpeg

I like this plan, and completely agreed on the Ken Jeong thing. I loved him in Community, but on stand up he's like nails on a blackboard. 

• Like 1

My favourite Nirvana song. It was a toss up between this, Lounge Act and Sappy. But again, they don't have a single bad song. 

• Like 3

The Community Jukebox Day Two.... 

Queen! 

Today's garden party outfit: 

Off The Shoulder Beaded Lace Bodice And Mikado Skirt Ball Gown Wedding Dress by Maggie Sottero - Image 1 zoomed in

(I think I want this to be my wedding dress, look how beautiful it is ❤️ )

• Like 8

I didn't get in on day one, but someone had already posted Lithium so I'll just say that's my favorite Nirvana song for so, so many reasons.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

No disrespect to @jonfirestar, but you sounded way more Posh than he did. 

LOL I'm well aware that my accent isn't particularly posh! 

9 hours ago, deftona said:

Oh come-on I'm a Southerner, of course I pronounce the R in bath :P What's probably worse though is that I pronounce the 'th' too so it doesn't really help my case... (as opposed to 'barf') but I do have the rather convenient excuse of having an American wife so my English is bastardised with Americanisms at the best of times. Which definitely helps me keep my not-posh status!

You know our next call is now going to contain 10 minutes of the two of us saying bath and grass 😜 

5 hours ago, deftona said:

It does sound posh in British English. Only posh people add "r"s 

As someone who grew up broke in a council estate in Slough I'm feeling slightly victimised :P 

5 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Wash

Well you see the problem there is that unlike Bath and Grass there isn't a hidden R in Wash. It doesn't sound posh because it's breaking the hidden and unwritten rules of English 😜 

Both Deffy and I have non-accents I think. Sort of a 'generic English accent' rather than a definite regional accent. So I really don't sound like I'm from where I am from although I can hear the drawl in my own voice when I hear recordings. 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, jonfirestar said:

Well you see the problem there is that unlike Bath and Grass there isn't a hidden R in Wash. It doesn't sound posh because it's breaking the hidden and unwritten rules of English 😜 

English isn't a language. It's three languages standing on each other's shoulders in a trench coat.

My Queen offering for the Queen:

• Like 3

Just now, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

English isn't a language. It's three languages standing on each other's shoulders in a trench coat.

Wait a minute... You think there are only 3? Oh you poor man ;) 

Since Tank picked the one I would have picked. No nerd party should be without this one: 

• Like 2
  • That's Metal 2

16 hours ago, deftona said:

I did a bit of online shopping and filled my basket with lovely summer dresses and off the shoulder numbers (I love a good off the shoulder number) before I realised the futility of this as I don't plan on leaving the house.

Wait....what? Am I the only one around here who has a garden party to get dressed for?

12 hours ago, deftona said:

The truth seems like a totally reasonable answer. Honestly a good healthy strategy. If she asked for too many details that might get kind of weird.

9 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Furiously takes notes. Learning new things every day.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

The 70’s were full of obscure heavy bands that had songs made of fantasy imagery. It was a good time to have an 8 track player.

Dragon Attack

https://youtu.be/xnsR9duaEXY

Hey Sloth, when you use a bit shortener the video won't embed. If you copy the full link it will.

• Like 1