• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

deftona

The QuaranQueen's Garden Party (Now with Community Jukebox!) Deffy #60

My offering for Bill:

(I have no idea why someone decided to put this video over it, but it's an excellent song :P)

And a bit of Led Zep:

I could probably pick half a dozen songs, but out of the ones we haven't had so far this one is probably my favourite. It would have been Black Dog but @Cheetah beat me to it.

ETA: we used to play Heartbreaker in a band I was in, and when the guitar solo came up we'd leave the guitarist to it and go to the bar to get a beer.

Edited by Jarric
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I've posted the Rain song a lot, so I'll go to Physical Graffiti

I knew you'd be in your element with this one :)

8 hours ago, Cheetah said:

This is the first Zeppelin song I ever heard, and it always makes me happy.  

I don't have a lot of memories of my dad that aren't horrible.  The times he was the most human to me was when we listened to his records together, and this was one of my favorite.

It's a great song, in my top three and I like the story behind it.

5 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

This is far and away my favorite Led Zeppelin song.  I saw this tour, we paid a ton of money to sit so high up we could literally touch the ceiling of the stadium.  It was a good show, but being so far away put me off stadium shows for a very long time.

I can imagine, I hate the idea of stadium shows. It seems a bit pointless going to a gig and having to sit down. The only gig I have been to where I wished I could sit down was The Decemberists and that's because they were so polished I felt like I was just listening to the album. 

3 hours ago, Salinger said:

Classic! 

1 hour ago, WhiteGhost said:

I am not very good at this game because I haven't really listened to many of these artists so I have to google them to see if they sang any songs I have heard before. 

Well this thread can be a great crash course for you on all the different artists! This is the main reason I like to take requests - if I am only posting bands I know well or am familiar with, it's like an echo chamber. It's why I posted Metallica even though I'm not a massive fan - listening to a bunch of people's favourites is like the most genuine "best of" album you can find and I am enjoying it a lot.

43 minutes ago, Jarric said:

My offering for Bill

Ha. this is my favourite of his 

49 minutes ago, Jarric said:

ETA: we used to play Heartbreaker in a band I was in, and when the guitar solo came up we'd leave the guitarist to it and go to the bar to get a beer.

Hehehehe

• Like 5

My favourite Zeppelin songs are a toss up between this one, which is one of the sexiest songs ever written (and is a sex playlist staple) 

and this one

• Like 4

Saturday Update

I had a Zoom meeting with the girls from work and it was really nice to see people for the first time in ages. Video calls should be my lifeline through this but the only way I can do them is on my phone as for whatever reason my microphone and all external microphones are busted on my laptop so I have to hold my phone for the duration and I ain't about that. Still, I think I should arrange more video calls like this because it's nice to talk to people. I had to take notes during this meeting since it was a discussion of safety concerns and we're trying to get a consensus of how we move forward with this and it was tricky, but not impossible - if I have learned any skill as a millennial, it's how to do things one handed whilst holding my phone. Regarding the meeting, it'll be interesting to see what my company come up with because then I make the decision if I feel it's safe enough for me to go back. I really do want to because I love my job and I love my company, but it feels like too much is at stake and the money is a very small part of the reasons why I want to go back. We can afford for me to not work, why would I put all my family's health at risk when I don't have to, however much I'd like to. A really tough decision and it keeps me up at night. 

After this I did a workout. My booty moves were something I can't remember what they're called but I bent over the dining table and lifted my legs up and down behind me. Those, whatever those are. We ate pizza for dinner, then played Pinball. I think we've decided to open the Speakeasy old skool style tonight, with board games because I think I need my mind taking off stuff. 

I didn't read again but I am scaling my challenge down to what's important. I think I am going to have a rest day today too since I have done an hour + training every day this week and I am very bad at having rest days. 

• Like 6

I always find zoom meetings both incredibly comforting and tiring at once. I'm so glad you had a chance to connect with folks. I hope the company opts for safety over everything else, but the cynic in me isn't terribly convinced that will be the outcome. It's great that you have the choice to not put your family and health at risk. You've had some MAJOR respiration system illnesses, and your life is worth more than anything else. 

:D You've been working hard, and deserve this rest day, Queen! I don't know what that booty workout is called, but I'm totally trying it today!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, deftona said:

I love my job and I love my company

Wait, I thought you were leaving that job?  Did I miss something?

5 hours ago, deftona said:

but I bent over the dining table and lifted my legs up

I think it depends on a lot of things like close leg vs. spread leg, bending over forward vs. backwards and TH's proximity during all of this :P 

I'm guessing you are talking about glute extensions, though ;) 

Glute Extension — MARISA CHAELA

5 hours ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

I always find zoom meetings both incredibly comforting and tiring at once. 

This was a bit tiring because it was very much work business, but I do love the people I work with. They're very good people.

I hope the company opts for safety over everything else, but the cynic in me isn't terribly convinced that will be the outcome.

I work for a very very good company. They look after us so I think the measures will be as good as they can be, but the fact remains I still have to get on a train to get there, so whatever measures they introduce (and they are asking us as their employees what it is they can do to limit our exposure which is what the meeting was about) a crowded train might cancel all these measures out. 

It's great that you have the choice to not put your family and health at risk. You've had some MAJOR respiration system illnesses, and your life is worth more than anything else. 

It is, I know how fortunate I am that this is even an option for me. It's definitely not what I want because we're about to hit one hell of a recession and I don't want to be unemployed mostly because I've been there and it destroyed me. It's a hard choice and I'm not even sure what I am choosing between because we're looking quite a bit ahead here and a lot can change in a couple of months. 

2 hours ago, Cheetah said:

Wait, I thought you were leaving that job?  Did I miss something?

I did give my notice but I was persuaded to withdraw it on the basis changes would be made. As it stands I am currently furloughed on 80% of my salary.

20 minutes ago, WhiteGhost said:

I think it depends on a lot of things like close leg vs. spread leg, bending over forward vs. backwards and TH's proximity during all of this :P 

I am quite sure I wasn't being taken behind at the time. If that was a glute exercise I'd have buns of steel.

20 minutes ago, WhiteGhost said:

Glute Extension — MARISA CHAELA

Yes, this! 

• Like 4

I am drunk and can;t be bothered to find an outfit for tonight so just make something uo

Today;s garden party theme:

SMASHING PUMPKINS

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

This is the first Pumpkins song I heard, and it remains my favorite:

I love this one! Fun fact - my first boyfriend was wearing a Zero hoodie the first time I met him and it's the only reason I talked to him. 

(Zero is also a great song) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, deftona said:

I am drunk and can;t be bothered to find an outfit for tonight so just make something uo

Today;s garden party theme:

SMASHING PUMPKINS

Whatever it is, comfy is going to be key. MAybe a fluffy robe. Fluffy robes for all!

• Like 1

So many good songs.  Pretty much anything by the pumpkins makes me happy, but I definitely like their earlier stuff better than the later.

I am coming up blank on Smashing Pumpkins.  I don't think I have ever heard any of their songs.

Here's a random one I found anyway so you can have something listen to this morning

• Like 2

23 hours ago, deftona said:

Video calls should be my lifeline through this but the only way I can do them is on my phone as for whatever reason my microphone and all external microphones are busted on my laptop so I have to hold my phone for the duration and I ain't about that.

I bought a phone tripod for a couple of quid on Amazon and it makes life a lot easier for video calls (not actually what I bought it for but it comes in handy).

On the job question, if I were you I would hang on to being furloughed as long as possible. By the time that runs out the way forward might be a bit clearer.

I don't know any Smashing Pumpkins songs :apathy:

8 hours ago, Xena said:

A pretty heavily played song, but I like it.

Heavily played doesn't matter if it's awesome though! 

7 hours ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

Whatever it is, comfy is going to be key. MAybe a fluffy robe. Fluffy robes for all!

Yes! Ok! 

image.jpeg

(have you ever seen something so fabulous)

6 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

Rhinoceros is my alternate choice. 

Both excellent songs and I just remembered how great the film Singles is.

6 hours ago, Cheetah said:

So many good songs.  Pretty much anything by the pumpkins makes me happy, but I definitely like their earlier stuff better than the later.

Great song

5 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

I am coming up blank on Smashing Pumpkins.  I don't think I have ever heard any of their songs.

Here's a random one I found anyway so you can have something listen to this morning

Well you stumbled on one of my favourites! 

5 hours ago, Salinger said:

This really hits me... so good. 

Also this one, for a bit more dancing and not crying. 

both excellent! 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Jarric said:

I bought a phone tripod for a couple of quid on Amazon and it makes life a lot easier for video calls (not actually what I bought it for but it comes in handy).

On the job question, if I were you I would hang on to being furloughed as long as possible. By the time that runs out the way forward might be a bit clearer.

I might get a tripod. I've never made so many video calls before so never had need before this, how quickly the world changes. 

Regarding your second point I completely agree but my notice period is 2 months and the way things look like they're heading I need to give my notice now if I don't want to have to go back. Also given yesterday's political landscape there is 100% going to be a second wave of coronavirus which just cements my original position. 

• Like 2

Sunday Update

Spoilered for politics.

I decided to go for the rest day after all and had a bacon sammich for breakfast. It was very good.

Spoiler

My cool aunt called me in the morning and we talked about politics for a few hours. The rest of the day was spent following the shitshow that is British politics and I was incandescent with rage. So angry I couldn't focus on anything else. We tuned into the briefing since our Prime Minister actually bothered turning up for work (it's only the second time he's done our daily briefing since he came back to work) and that only made me more furious. The corruption and bile in our political system is disgusting and if this doesn't end up their undoing they have carte blanche to do literally anything they like.

In the evening I made us a sunday roast with lots of vegetables

Spoiler

then we spent the evening in the garden drinking tequila, talking about politics and being on Twitter disseminating the political events of the day. I am still raging about this bullshit. I need to move to another country. 

I had a dream I was sleeping on a moving truck going down the motorway and I kept waking up and thinking "this is great, why don't I always sleep on trucks" but that might have been the tequila talking. 

• Like 7

Oh man I missed some classics over here the last few days!

Will/Bill offering..

ZEP

Smashing Pumpkins (As no one seems to have posted it yet!)

• Like 1