• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

deftona

The QuaranQueen's Garden Party (Now with Community Jukebox!) Deffy #60

Well, until a week ago I'd have said King Missile, but I posted a song of theirs a few pages back in this thread, so now you have heard of them.  However, it's the closest I can come to a band that I *love* and I think almost no one has heard of.  So, I'll post another of their songs.  I think this is perfect for the garden party.

Oh, I just thought of another band.  They did have one song that got some radio time in the 90s, but the rest of their music is way better than that, which I think is often the case.

Whenever I travel for work I try to do something fun in the evenings.  Usually this involves seeing if there is any live music on in the particular place I am in.  Once, when I was in Helsinki I found out that a band called “Have you ever seen the Jane Fonda Aerobic VHS” was playing down the road and I had to go and see them.

Some sort of Synth Pop Punk mastery was going on and it was spectacular!  I’ve loved them ever since..

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Salinger said:

This is brilliant. I love how in the video he's just screaming SPORTS! in their faces and they're just trying to get in a nice game of tennis 😂

4 hours ago, Salinger said:

This sounds like what would happen if The B52's and Modest Mouse had a baby and it came out singing

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, deftona said:

This is brilliant. I love how in the video he's just screaming SPORTS! in their faces and they're just trying to get in a nice game of tennis 😂

This sounds like what would happen if The B52's and Modest Mouse had a baby and it came out singing

Really glad you like them Deffy!!!

Seen them both a few times now in manchester, intense live!!! x

4 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

My favorite band of all time is B'z, a Japanese rock band.

Hard to pick my favorite song, but this one has the best intro :D 

I like this! Thanks! 

4 hours ago, Cheetah said:

Well, until a week ago I'd have said King Missile, but I posted a song of theirs a few pages back in this thread, so now you have heard of them.  However, it's the closest I can come to a band that I *love* and I think almost no one has heard of.  So, I'll post another of their songs.  I think this is perfect for the garden party.

I'd only heard of them through Detachable Penis and it was just one of those songs that has always been in my life and it never occurred to me to explore them further but I like all the other stuff you've posted of theirs too so I need to explore further I think. 

I also liked the other song you posted :)

1 hour ago, Quirky Quinn said:

Whenever I travel for work I try to do something fun in the evenings.  Usually this involves seeing if there is any live music on in the particular place I am in.  Once, when I was in Helsinki I found out that a band called “Have you ever seen the Jane Fonda Aerobic VHS” was playing down the road and I had to go and see them.

Some sort of Synth Pop Punk mastery was going on and it was spectacular!  I’ve loved them ever since..

They're so weird! I love it! 

• Like 1

Wednesday Update

I had to check my spreadsheet this morning to figure out what day it is. Does it even matter tho

TH was having a shitter of a day at work so my day was interspersed with being a ventspace for him. The pest controller man came although it was a different guy. He was actually better, he had lots of advice. He said they have seen a massive increase of rat issues because all the pubs and restaurants have closed so their food sources have gone meaning they are having to go further out to find food. They have also turned cannibalistic which is nice. Cannibalistic rats isn't a nightmare hellscape for me at all. He did say he is definitely sure they are not in the house which is always reassuring although we do already know this. He also said they're not in the shed either so maybe the massive bastards aren't even on my property at all. He said we might just live between their runs which could be at the properties either side. If this is true all the money I am spending on what will be six pest controller visits might as well be spaffed up the wall but in these days of social isolation it's nice to have the house guests so still, money well spent. 

When he left I booted up the Xbox and spent the day on the sofa but also exploring ancient Greece which was great. I am probably going to do the same today as well. My mom texted me when my veg box stuff was delivered so I went to pick that up and had a nice socially distanced chat in the garden with them, cuddling their cats in the sunshine. I got back home just in time to do a workout before TH finished work but my new dresses had been delivered while I was out so I made an executive decision and played dress up for a while instead. My new dresses are very lovely and it was nice to put my boots on and everything. The simple pleasures, but I always preferred the getting ready part of the night out. Maybe I should just do this once in a while because it was fun. I modelled all my new dresses for TH and he liked them a lot. I need to massively overdress for my next Zoom call. "Hello ladies! What, this old thing?!"

I made us sausages with skin on mash and braised cabbage and leeks for dinner and we watched cooking shows all evening. My calories were very decent, even if I didn't work out so that shouldn't matter. I am super hungry this morning and I will now go to forage for food. 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Emma said:

My sister had a crush on Sam of Supernatural, I crushed on Dean. We would dress up in our best, watch the show and call it “date night”.

This is a good idea! 

7 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

This song. It's awesome.

Not surprised you picked Led Zep! 

7 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

Who'll be turning you on? I will!  I will! I will!

Now this was a surprise! 

3 hours ago, Quirky Quinn said:

First opportunity for some Nick Cave!! 

Gotta love Nick Cave! 

• Like 1

My favourite love song

This is such a lovely song. I'm not usually one for soppy love songs. I much prefer songs about sex or obsession because normal love isn't that interesting to me but this is just gorgeous. It's about life changing so much but one day looking at the person and remembering why you fell in love in the first place. 

• Like 1

Thursday Update

I woke up not really feeling arsed about anything so I just played Assassin's Creed all day. It was brilliant. No regrets. Might do the same today. 

When TH finished work we had a beer in the garden and that beer changed into a couple so the chicken salad we'd planned got switched out for a pizza we had in the freezer but we'll have the chicken tonight instead so it's just a l'il switcheroo. 

We chatted in the garden for ages but it appears I said something wrong and he got pissed at me so I put the Xbox on again and rage played Assassin's Creed, taking out all my frustrations on the local bandits. 

I'm going to do exactly the same today. 

Dog Yolo GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

• Like 3

Today's garden party outfit

Gothic Lolita Dress With Open Chest Hollow Heart | RebelsMarket

I'll try not to buy this one

Although it is lovely. 

Today's theme: 

ABBA

• Like 1