• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

deftona

The QuaranQueen's Garden Party (Now with Community Jukebox!) Deffy #60

1 hour ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

I was going to pick Violet by Hole, but I didn’t think they qualified.

Why wouldn't they?

7 hours ago, analoggirl said:

I have finally become convinced that sticking around here is just good for me. Even if I am not doing smth befitting RIGHT NOW it has been a lot easier for me to bounce back to fitness goals than when I stay away. 

This is definitely true. Although I will say I am kind of enjoying taking my foot off the gas. I think this is the first time in about a decade when I wasn't aggressively chasing some goals. I'm sort of letting life happen around me and I feel like I am finally getting a freaking rest. 

6 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

Rubbish!  I know there is at least one other person (besides me) who has been directly inspired by this thread to become more educated about race relations and I have learned just today that Alice in Chains creates music that I enjoy, something I previously would not have guessed.  And that is just this week alone!

What more could you possibly be doing befitting a member of the site?  Burpees?  I mean, seriously!

Besides which, you updates are interesting to me, at least, even if you don't find it so.  I would certainly miss your daily updates, even if they were no more than just describing what you are doing in AC

Thanks Whiteghost, that was a really lovely post to read. And I will never do burpees again, I have decided. 

6 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

In other news, do have any ETA on that new computer?  Our next sesh is tonight

I'm thinking like I should probably wait to see what's happening with my job to see how responsible I need to be with money before I spaff a few hundred on a new laptop when really the only issue with my current one is the mic doesn't work.

I do miss talking to you guys and seeing your lovely faces though 😢

• Like 1

14 hours ago, deftona said:

I feel in many ways I should stop coming around here if I am not going to do anything befitting of a person who is a member of a site like this.

image.png  huh?

13 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

Rubbish!  I know there is at least one other person (besides me) who has been directly inspired by this thread to become more educated about race relations and I have learned just today that Alice in Chains creates music that I enjoy, something I previously would not have guessed.  And that is just this week alone!

What more could you possibly be doing befitting a member of the site?  Burpees?  I mean, seriously!

Besides which, you updates are interesting to me, at least, even if you don't find it so.  I would certainly miss your daily updates, even if they were no more than just describing what you are doing in AC

^^ Exactly.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

We like you for YOU, not what you do. Please don't leave us.

I agree with Tank™

I love the juxtoposition in this song between the very happy beat and the really dark story that she tells.  

And because I want to make sure that we go all the way back...

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

We like you for YOU, not what you do. Please don't leave us.

Thank you Tank. That's good to know because I don't do anything :) 

And regarding the song, you should hear my version but I can only perform it three bottles of wine deep when I am auditioning for a hip hop band in the toilet at a house party. 

9 hours ago, Cheetah said:

I agree with Tank™

I love the juxtoposition in this song between the very happy beat and the really dark story that she tells.  

And because I want to make sure that we go all the way back...

You know, I have never listened to a Madonna album all the way through. I definitely should though. 

5 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

This is one artist that is hard for me to pick a favorite

A classic! 

4 hours ago, Salinger said:

And of course, classic 

I love thirsty Madonna. I feel like I have a Thirsty Madonna period every time I ovulate, my life turns into that video for like three days. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Friday Update

It was freezing cold here yesterday, and really rainy all day. I feel like it's November again. I wonder what life will be like in November... 

I played Civ with Dark Raider most of the day, then when we'd finished I put through a grocery order which took forever, and then when I got to the end a message popped up to say they'd ran out of lots of things so I had to make lots of substitutions so it took forever all over again. I'll be glad when things are back to normal because this way of shopping is really getting on my tits. I bought lots of extra food because I am filling up my Brexit cupboard. It seems we're going to intentionally No Deal and this bunch a pricks seem talented at nothing but displaying their ineptitude on a daily basis and I don't trust the food supplies will continue since we only produce 40% of it ourselves and we've already accepted food standards that are considerably lower than we have now as part of the US trade deal. So that's me becoming vegetarian when this comes into force. I ain't eating chlorinated chicken. I am going to fill my cellar with tinned and dried food and fruit and vegetable seeds. I am thankful for this headsup the government is giving us all regarding how little they can get accomplished. 

We tried to have a beer in the garden but it was way too blustery so we sat in the conservatory with the back door open. It's fresh air I guess. I made us fish and chips for dinner and we watched mindless TV all evening as a break from the horror in this world. 

Today, I am going to get dressed properly for the first time in days. I might also have a bath and make my face look better somehow. 

• Like 6

22 minutes ago, deftona said:

I'll be glad when things are back to normal because this way of shopping is really getting on my tits

Me too (except the tits part).  I am almost out of protein powder which I typically import from the US because in China they only have one flavor (chocolate).   When I found everything I wanted and when to check out it said that a few items in my cart were not allowed to be shipped to China.   Upon further inspection, every. single. item. was prohibited.  

Seriously China and the US??  In the midst of all the other crap we have going on, you still are going to ramp up this whole idiotic trade war???

I really wish I had done what you are proposing and stock up on everything before it was too late, but it is, alas, too late.   I wish you all the best luck in getting your Brexit Bunker fully stocked!

• Like 1

I’m glad you’re here. There have been some days in the last few years where I have been overwhelmed by your kindness and encouragement and it’s gotten me through to the next day. You bring joyfulness to this community. I’m also glad you are taking more moments just to be present and enjoy yourself .💚💚💚

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

I’m glad you’re here. There have been some days in the last few years where I have been overwhelmed by your kindness and encouragement and it’s gotten me through to the next day. You bring joyfulness to this community. I’m also glad you are taking more moments just to be present and enjoy yourself .💚💚💚

Snarky. this made me cry. Thank you ❤️ 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Salinger said:

You are boss Def, stick around because we all love you and you make this place better for being here xx

Aw thanks Sal. 

It does make me feel better about not really doing much fitness wise although I have been eating better the last few days.

6 minutes ago, Xena said:

I like this one :)

Which reminds me, I forgot to post my favourite! 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Xena said:

I only knew 2 songs, so I decided to listen to one that's new to me

They're another band that don't really have a bad song.

1 hour ago, Salinger said:

@Xena that was going to be my choice, absolutely brilliant song. 

Ok .... hard to choose, so many ...

Both awesome choices! 

• Like 2

Saturday Update

My anxiety levels are going up again. 

I spent the morning online shopping for antique furniture to mentally pimp my house. I want to slowly replace the furniture that can be disassembled so every piece in my house is something I really love and it fits in better with the period of the house. That was really fun. I found a beautiful mirror to go above the fireplace when I get my library redone. 

IMG_20191008_105028.jpg

I just hope it's still available when I can go and see it. 

We played Super Monkey Ball for a little bit then I went in the bath. I put on a facemask and covered myself in exfoliator so when I got in the bath it melted into my skin. I'm very soft now, and my face does indeed look a little better. I made my parents their takeaway - a massaman curry for which I ground all the spices for the paste myself. It was really tasty, I was very jealous because it was better than what I made us. I also made a chocolate courgette cake. 

After dinner we chatted in the garden for a little while then played the Pandemic board game on Xbox completely losing track of time and heading to bed around one, then finally getting around to sleep at 3 am and I am really not sure how that happened. I slept terribly last night and I am exhausted this morning. 

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, deftona said:

then played the Pandemic board game on Xbox completely losing track of time and heading to bed around one, then finally getting around to sleep at 3 am

That sounds suspiciously like my Friday night.  Pretty sure I did it better, though, because as the old saying goes "if you are going to be up until 3 anyway, you might as well spend it playing D&D".

I hope today is better

1 minute ago, WhiteGhost said:

Pretty sure I did it better, though, because as the old saying goes "if you are going to be up until 3 anyway, you might as well spend it playing D&D".

Playing D&D vs Playing Xbox and shagging. I dunno, I might have won the Staying Up Until 3 am game. Now combine D&D with shagging* and we might have a real contest on our hands. 

* I find it hard to believe nobody has made this a thing already. If they haven't, I'm going to and I will make my millions. 

3 minutes ago, WhiteGhost said:

I hope today is better

Thanks Whiteghost, me too! 

• Like 2