The QuaranQueen's Garden Party (Now with Community Jukebox!) Deffy #60

2 minutes ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

You say that line it’s a bad thing. Did you watch Sonny & Cher as a kid? I vaguely remember the cheesy comedy sketches but none of the singing. I think I was paying attention to the wrong parts. I also wonder if Cher was the first female celebrity with ripped abs.

You might be the only person in the world who had a ripped abs centred sexual awakening, Sloth. 

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

As far as banning bonking, the new guidance from New York is suggesting glory holes. Which doesn’t seem fair for 51% of the population.

That's definitely not fair. I don't have anything I can fit through a glory hole. 

Unless we're just supposed to back ourselves up on it? I guess that might work? I have never had to think about the practicalities of glory holes before today. I did read a guide on socially distanced dogging although I am not sure why or where. 

• Like 1

Today;s garden party outfit

I have been trying to find some casual dresses to buy and I have been browsing ASOS for about half an hour and I have a nice full basket and I have come to whittle it down and none of them are casual at all. They're all frilly and fancy, it seems I am far too fabulous for my own good. 

We'll go for a shirt dress although absolutely and definitely not in this white colour

ASOS DESIGN soft denim smock shirt dress in white | ASOS

I do want those shoes though. 

Today's music theme:

Your favourite folk song

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

It was so long ago I can’t remember, but I’m pretty sure the girls from The Facts of Life were involved.

I had to google that. 

THAT HAIR oh my gosh so wonderfully 70's. 

7 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

This song started problematic and ended up brilliant. 

5 hours ago, Xena said:

Not 100% sure this is folk, but it came to mind

I don't know either because genres of music are funny things anyway. Nothing fits into just one and the song is great!

2 hours ago, Salinger said:

Love it. 

2 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

I don’t really know folk music, so here’s someone I followed around to her coffee shop gigs.  I retrospect, I hope I didn’t creep her out.  

I think having people come to her gigs is the idea, and having people come to more than one means she did well on the previous ones so you're all good I reckon ;) 

• Like 3

Thursday Update

I got my workout done first since my parents were popping over and bringing some groceries for me. They had a cup of tea, socially distanced in my conservatory because it was pissing it down with rain. June, wtf dude. I played AC most of the rest of the day, but I had a video call with SBF and her lovely family in the afternoon. It's a very cruel twist of fate that she had a baby just before lockdown and I get to look at this adorable baby and I'm not allowed to squidge him. I wonder how old he'll be when I finally get to meet him and hope it's before his graduation. 

I made us chicken fajitas for dinner, then we played Pandemic all evening where we achievement farmed. It's such a great game. 

• Like 6
29 minutes ago, Cheetah said:

I'm late to the party today.  This is my favorite Dylan tune.  There was a guy in Houston who played at my coffee shop sometimes, and he always finished with this song.

Such a lovely song. 

And it always reminds me of this which is one of the loveliest songs ever written

Today's garden party outfit

JNCO Jeans to make a comeback in 2015 - Fashion Journal

They keep saying JNCO jeans are coming back but I'm still waiting. Best. Trousers. Ever. 

Today's theme:

The Rolling Stones

• Like 2
24 minutes ago, deftona said:

This song is lovely. TH especially loved it. Thanks! :)

Oh good! I’m glad 👍

omg jnco! There is always going to be a soft spot for a high-waisted, voluminous-legged jean that completely hides my feet. If they come back we have to go on a strut together just to be like “LOOK AT US IN OUR GLORY”

I have never been a Stones person, it's just one of those things where... given the choice... I always go Beatles.

That said, here's what the Stones do best IMO: some straight-ahead, preserved-in-amber rock.

Gotta love those compressed guitars, sounding like a drunk teen jumping on tin cans in an alley.

10 hours ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

omg jnco! There is always going to be a soft spot for a high-waisted, voluminous-legged jean that completely hides my feet. If they come back we have to go on a strut together just to be like “LOOK AT US IN OUR GLORY”

They are the only trousers that can balance out my hips, we need to make them come back Snarky! Remember when it rained and they'd soak up right to your knees? That horrible feeling of thick, soggy jeans stuck to your shins but they were so worth it

9 hours ago, PaulG said:

I have never been a Stones person, it's just one of those things where... given the choice... I always go Beatles.

Yeah I'm with you. Except I'm not a massive Beatles fan either (except for when they went a bit off the rails and started doing the super trippy stuff) but I like the Stones song you posted. 

9 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I'm also not much for the Stones, but this song is pure awesome.

This is my second favourite :)

7 hours ago, Xena said:

cover(s)

I love Tori Amos ❤️ 

1 hour ago, Quirky Quinn said:

This is TH's favourite, and if I remember correctly, one of Tank's least favourite songs ever! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1