• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

deftona

The QuaranQueen's Garden Party (Now with Community Jukebox!) Deffy #60

Friday Update

TH is on annual leave next week. I suppose I am too, although I can't be on both AL and furlough at the same time which means I get this holiday back when I return to work. Which means i need to somehow shoehorn in 6 weeks of annual leave into 5 months, and find a way all of the rest of the staff can too. Anyway, I digress. Because TH has had a shitty week at work and is desperate for this AL I cancelled all my plans and cleaned the entire house top to bottom so we can leave it all for a week and he doesn't have to do a thing on his AL except have lots of fun. I didn't do my workout but I got plenty of steps and fitness minutes as I was doing housework for about 7 hours. My speciality curds got delivered just in time for lunch so I had turkish delight curd on a toasted slice of my moms homemade cinnamon fruit loaf and it was orgasmic. I got an hour of AC in before TH finished work, then we had a garden beer and I made us fish and chips. We played Pandemic in the evening, then watched our cooking show (Snarky - it's one of Nadiya's, I know you love her too! ❤️) and we had an early night. I am finding i am falling asleep for a couple of minutes then being wide awake and spending a lot of time on Twitter, then reading before I am eventually tired enough to sleep so I decided to cut out that middle man and just read until my eyes went gritty. It worked better. 

I also realised yesterday that Sloth is the only person in the world who I let follow me on every single one of my social media platforms. Sloth, I think this means you're my bestie? 

• Like 6

3 hours ago, deftona said:

They are the only trousers that can balance out my hips, we need to make them come back Snarky! Remember when it rained and they'd soak up right to your knees? That horrible feeling of thick, soggy jeans stuck to your shins but they were so worth it

Totally worth it.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, deftona said:

I cancelled all my plans and cleaned the entire house top to bottom so we can leave it all for a week and he doesn't have to do a thing on his AL except have lots of fun

Such a great girlfriend.  He's a lucky man.

• Thanks 1

Today's garden party outfit

Black Striped Tights Hand Me Down From Mom Tights | "thrifty mcgee ...

I've reconnected with a lot of people I used to know from back in the day and I, and everybody else in that friendship group lived in stripey tights (even the lads) so it had to be them. 

The theme:

This is the last time I will do this as we switch to the new challenge tomorrow so please post your favourite song ever. 

I am really going to miss starting my day off with a soundtrack, I've really loved this part of the challenge, massive thank yous to everyone who has taken part. I have discovered some lovely new music, you're all infinitely fabulous ❤️ 

• Like 4

I've posted The Rain Song so many times I'll go with a close of my favorite ever.

The ONLY artist at Freddie Mercury's tribute concert asked to sing even a part of one of their own songs:

What I love is the mashup of the two songs and the massive respect between Queen and Plant of LZ.

I didn't think I'd be able to pick a favorite, but then I remembered something.

I think I've said before that my favorite band of all time is Alice in Chains.  But it wasn't always.  I grew up on Pink Floyd first.

This is the best song from their best album.  This song makes me think of my dad.  We used to listen to this record together, and the song itself says a lot of things that I think fit with who he was and what our relationship was at the last.  This song makes me stop what I'm doing every time I hear it.

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

In the last 25 years no other song has even gotten close to how much I love this song. 

It's one of those songs that just fills your heart with joy. 

8 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

The ONLY artist at Freddie Mercury's tribute concert asked to sing even a part of one of their own songs:

The atmosphere is electric, I'd love to have been there. 

6 hours ago, Cheetah said:

This is the best song from their best album.  This song makes me think of my dad.  We used to listen to this record together, and the song itself says a lot of things that I think fit with who he was and what our relationship was at the last.  This song makes me stop what I'm doing every time I hear it.

That song is a masterpiece. 

5 hours ago, Xena said:

I don't think I have a favorite, but I really like this one.

I love this one. I love how happy and upbeat the song sounds, when really it's about descending into mental illness. 

4 hours ago, Salinger said:

At the moment, my fave is this, but it changes week by week!!!

Another masterpiece. 

• Like 3

I don’t think I have a favourite song!  There are so many that I will automatically go to depending on mood, situation, circumstance but this is definitely up there!

And thanks for hosting your Garden party Deffy, I’ve had a whale of a time!

• Like 2

Saturday Update

We woke up together so I made us a cooked breakfast, then TH went in the bath to watch football and I settled down in front of AC. TH then watched football all day on the adjacent sofa while I played AC, him keeping me update on how the far-right riots (we'll call it that, instead of the anti-anti-fascist protest. If you're anti-anti-fascist then you're a fucking fascist aren't you) were unfolding. 

I made my parents their weekly takeaway - a chicken in oyster sauce chow mein and they said it was the best one yet. we popped over between football matches to take them that and their turkish delight curd I'd bought them, then we came back and did more of the same for the rest of the night. TH made us burgers for dinner, then there was a huge thunder storm so I stood out in it getting soaking wet but I love being out in thunder storms, I don't care how wet I get. 

We came to bed early but like I said, I reconnected with a bunch of people I used to hang out with when I was 15-19, going to rock gigs and hanging out together. I chatted to a few of them (individually) and it's great to see how everyone is getting on now, some real surprises there! So much nostalgia ❤️ 

• Like 7

It would be impossible for me to choose a favourite song, so here's a truly excellent song instead (and arguably the greatest cover of all time):

• Like 2

Normally, I don't think anyone should go anywhere near Leonard Cohen but this cover is wonderful. 

Nobody say the words Alexandra Burke. 

I posted my all time favorite song in other thread earlier but re-posting here again

21 hours ago, deftona said:

I don't care how wet I get

This sounds like classic Deffy

• Haha 1