WhiteGhost Sticks to the Plan

On 6/6/2020 at 1:55 PM, Kestrel Grey said:

So just another routine day for us then. :D 

That dinner looks delicious, I love indian curries.  Feel free to invite me over to eat Ghostlet's share.

Yeah, if we are aren't getting ourselves neck deep in trouble, we must be having an off day :D 

We already finished off the last of the chicken, but if you ever come over I will make another batch just for you ;) 

18 hours ago, Starpuck said:

Those days are the ones I end up doing rest days on and feel so much better for it.  I had never even factored in that I am still eating at deficit, but maintaining the heightened activity!  Duh Starpuck, duh!!

Tomorrow or next week, our DM says we will wrap up the Sunless Citadel, so I am trying to oh so very carefully skim your posts.   It'll be neat when we are both done to see how it all shakes out! 

At first I was thinking maybe it might have been overtraining, but then I haven't been doing any more than usual, so I am like 99% sure it was because of the deficit.  

I think we will have very different stories about how our adventures went because the DM has already said he has pretty much torn up the script and is doing everything off the cuff now.  I think we went so far off the rails we are on a completely different set of tracks now :D  

6 hours ago, Red1263 said:

You forgot to mention that the cube had 80+ hit points!

Yeah, and that.  I am so used to enemies with 6-8 HP that when a single attack on the 3rd round of combat did 18HP damage and Jon was like "yeah, it's starting to look a little hurt now" I started to get a little bit scared.

Just have some faith, Dutch has a plan | IGN Boards

I took things very easy yesterday and sept in until almost 10am.  I spent some time in the morning getting caught up on NF and then after lunch, Ghostlet and I went to the barber shop for the first time this year.  The place was surprisingly packed (probably double the number of people usually there) and social distancing was not happening at all.  Things really are pretty much back to normal here.  Ghostess went to get her hair cut at a fancy salon downtown (along with her nails, eyebrows, eyelashes, etc.) so we are pretty much set for pictures coming up in less than a week.  

When Ghostess got back, I made us all burgers for dinner and both Ghostess and Ghostlet said they were probably the best burgers they have had so far in Beijing.  I suspect we won't be going for those $20 fancy burgers anymore if the ones I make are just as enjoyable :D 

• Like 8
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread    Bodyweight Exercise Library

The Arruvia Conspiracy Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 567, 89, 10 

Other Challenges: 12345, 6, 7, 89, 10, 11, 1213, 14, 15 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24High School [Current]

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

Smile Hermione gif by lassie_faire | Photobucket

Yesterday started out as usual for a Sunday with tele-church after which we invited our inlaws over for lunch.  They have finally finished their 15 day quarantine (which was entirely self-imposed since they came from a low risk region) and Ghostess cooked up a huge lunch for all of us.  It was nice to see them again, but I'm sure they enjoyed it far more than we did.  They really missed their only grandchild :D   We actually had an ulterior motive in inviting them over, though.  We needed to explain tot hem that we were going to get on an airplane and fly to another province to get pictures taken, and we were worried they would object given how cautious they are regarding Covid.  Luckily they were on board with it, and more importantly agreed to look after Wraith while we are gone.

After lunch, we had a cleaner come over to clean up our house.  While she was doing that, I grabbed Ghostlet and we tried another D&D session.  It was really hard because he has no idea what he is supposed to be doing, so I basically have to force feed him things.   For example, the initial hook for the campaign is that some guy hired the party to deliver some supplies.  Along the way they ran into a few leads to get them moving into the adventure itself and he skipped all of them, dead set on getting those supplies delivered.  After he did that he said "is this game over now?  I delivered the supplies"   The module assumes the party will talk to NPCs but he wasn't so I had to have the NPCs come talk to him and "suggest" that he take on another mission.  When I was prepping I assumed he would take one of the primary ones but instead he latched onto a very minor sidequest, so I guess that's what we will do.   I didn't have any of that prepared so we had to cut it short so I could get ready for the sidequest.

Not much else happened, after dinner I did my Duolingo and then played Skyrim until bedtime

@Tanktimus the Encourager, I have a bible question for you that came up in our Sunday School discussion

Spoiler

Luke 8:2  And certain women, which had been healed of evil spirits and infirmities, Mary called Magdalene, out of whom went seven devils, (Emphasis added)

Luke 24:22  Yea, and certain women also of our company made us astonished, which were early at the sepulchre; (Emphasis added)

The person leading the discussion made reference to these two verses and specifically the words I bolded.  The point was to highlight that the word certain, while in casual reading is often held to mean "some", could also be understood using other definitions of the word.  (e.g. sure, convinced, etc.)

My question is whether or not this is purely something that arises based on the particular translation we were using (KJV) or if there is anything more to this based on the original language of the text?  I looked up other versions of the Bible and most of them translate these sentences with "some women" but I wanted to see if you had any additional insight.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Other Challenges: 12345, 6, 7, 89, 10, 11, 1213, 14, 15 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24High School [Current]

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

With the KJV you have two issues of interpretation. One is how was the Greek used at the time, and the other is how was English used at the time of translation? The Greek word in question is τινες (tines, pronounced TEEN-ez [long e on the first syllable and short e on the second]) which is from "tis" which 2000 years ago in the Greek of the time had the sense of "indefinite". 

I grew up on the KJV and have come not to care for it much, as the translation is pretty clunky, even accounting for the changes in English. Furthermore, the KJV people use today is not the original 1611 translation, it's a revision from 1769 that omitted the Apocrypha. 

So in short, what the person said about how to interpret "Certain" is true of English, but not of Greek, and doesn't really fit the sense of the passages in question. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

I think our reactions were as follows:

image.png.9fd958f186cdca989fdf0effb5411dfa.png

• Haha 2
  • That's Metal 2

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

15 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

While she was doing that, I grabbed Ghostlet and we tried another D&D session.  It was really hard because he has no idea what he is supposed to be doing, so I basically have to force feed him things.   For example, the initial hook for the campaign is that some guy hired the party to deliver some supplies.  Along the way they ran into a few leads to get them moving into the adventure itself and he skipped all of them, dead set on getting those supplies delivered.  After he did that he said "is this game over now?  I delivered the supplies"   The module assumes the party will talk to NPCs but he wasn't so I had to have the NPCs come talk to him and "suggest" that he take on another mission.  When I was prepping I assumed he would take one of the primary ones but instead he latched onto a very minor sidequest, so I guess that's what we will do.   I didn't have any of that prepared so we had to cut it short so I could get ready for the sidequest.

Very focused young man you have over there. :) I tend to do that in games, too - no, hang on, I've got to finish this first, I'll get back to you. 

• Like 2

Manarelle the Level 54 Amazon Assassin

Gryffindarling and Sith Acolyte, somehow.

Challenges: 1-1011-2021-3031-4041-50, 51-60, Current

On 6/8/2020 at 8:39 AM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

With the KJV you have two issues of interpretation. One is how was the Greek used at the time, and the other is how was English used at the time of translation? The Greek word in question is τινες (tines, pronounced TEEN-ez [long e on the first syllable and short e on the second]) which is from "tis" which 2000 years ago in the Greek of the time had the sense of "indefinite". 

I grew up on the KJV and have come not to care for it much, as the translation is pretty clunky, even accounting for the changes in English. Furthermore, the KJV people use today is not the original 1611 translation, it's a revision from 1769 that omitted the Apocrypha. 

So in short, what the person said about how to interpret "Certain" is true of English, but not of Greek, and doesn't really fit the sense of the passages in question. 

Thanks, that is what I suspected but I figured you would know more about it.  I was not disappointed :) 

23 hours ago, Red1263 said:

I think our reactions were as follows:

image.png.9fd958f186cdca989fdf0effb5411dfa.png

Truth.  I am looking forward to when we are all a little less squishy

9 hours ago, Manarelle said:

Very focused young man you have over there. :) I tend to do that in games, too - no, hang on, I've got to finish this first, I'll get back to you. 

I think in his case it is more inexperience than focus.  He hasn't played enough yet to know he should be talking to NPCs and/or rolling perception checks more often :) 

7 hours ago, analoggirl said:

Haha I am constantly fighting between the part of me that wants to "reveal all of the map" and the part that wants to keep her word and get things done efficiently :D Focused indeed!

I struggle with this in D&D.  For video games I suffer from completionism so I have to explore all the side quests and look for all the random loot boxes.  In D&D I feel like it distracts from the story so I try to strike more of a balance.

Sounds Like A Plan Meme GIFs | Tenor

Yesterday I started out doing a bunch of lever stuff and was quite pleased with how both front levers and back levers are coming.  I was feeling quite strong in both of them.  Then I made the mistake of making a political comment and the anxiety associated with that completely threw me off.  It wasn't even anything big, but stupid brain made it into a HUGE deal and I was completely done.  I knew I should have stayed out of that.

My shin was feeling splinty so I didn't run, but I did walk for 5K on the treadmill.  I only have about 2 weeks of protein powder left, so this is usually when I re-order but because China is not allowing flights from the US, I can't get any delivered so I am going to be out of protein soon.  I could theoretically but some locally, but I know that they tamper with the local stuff and cut it with other substances so that isn't going to happen.  I guess I am going to have to just up my protein intake by eating more eggs or something.

Last night was our Sunless Citadel D&D session again, which was a lot of fun, but I was severely hampered by a poor internet connection.  I think I only got about half the dialog and hey ended up having to wait for me a few times as I tried to get reconnected.

Spoiler

We left off last time getting ambushed by a few kobolds in their lair in the tunnels under the citadel.  We engaged them but it turned out that among the group was our old pal Meepo and the Kobold Boss Lady.  For some odd reason the Boss Lady was unhappy with something my character said and hit me with a chomatic orb while calling me a liar.  Our stalwart barbarian princess was holding off all of the kobolds at the chokepoint so that we could all snipe away at a distance.  One of them did manage to throw a hornets nest at us, but I lost my connection so I have no idea what happened with that.  Our rogue, who joined our mission to avenge his former comrade, was convinced that Meepo was the cause of said comrade's death so he was out for blood.  He finished poor old Meepo off, finally avenging that death and settling the score.  We fought a few more rounds and finally my guy was able to hit the killing blow against the boss lady, screaming as I did so "that's what you get for shortchanging me on a deal!"  We mopped up the remaining kobolds but by this time we were all very close to death and out of spells so we decided to take a long rest. 

After the rest, we collected the head of the kobold Boss Lady as proof for Dum, the Goblin Boss, that we had accomplished his task and then went back upstairs to collect our reward.  As promised, the Goblin Boss gave us our reward which was the signet ring we had come to the dungeon for in the first place as well as all of the stuff the Kobold Boss Lady had promised us for bringing back the dragon but then reneged on just because the dragon was in a state of being dis-alive.  

At this point our mission was complete and we were talking about going back into town to collect our reward and resupply when our curious gnome bard noticed the giant pit in the middle of the throne room and decided she HAD to go down there to explore.  After talking with Dum, he told us that the Druid (Some powerful guy who kind of runs the area) was down there so we used wanting to talk to him as an excuse and headed on down.  Before heading down, we got an insignia from him showing that we were there on his business so the goblins down there wouldn't bother us.  In the pit we fought some skeletons even though we weren't really sure if they were hostile of not just because the barbarian won initiative and parlay just isn't her thing.  We noticed some sleeping bugbears in the room to the north along with their pet giant rats but we decided to follow the old saying and "let sleeping bugbears lay".  Instead we headed over into another room and asked around for the Druid and got directions from the goblins in there.  At one point we found a dragon statue but I didn't dare read the words after what happened last time, so I told them to the Warock who wanted to try and ended up getting a Charisma boost.  Later we found a dragonhide bound book about dragons that u=looked valuable, but since I am the only one that can read draconinc, I told them is was just a book about mushroom farming, and said I wanted to keep the book for myself because mushroom farming was my childhood hobby.  I rolled really low on deception, but luckily everyone else rolled even lower so most of them bought the story.

After wandering around for a bit we found a room that had a bunch of loot in a drawer including another book in Draconic.  The warlock was going to give it to me but wanted to inspect it first just in case I lied when telling him what it was (I totally would have).  Unfortunately, the book was a trap and ended up with an almost TPK.  Luckily most of us made our saving throws or it would have been.  We managed to save the unconscious folks and then decided it was time to take a short rest.  We were out of time anyway so we went ahead and ended the session.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

Level 2 Ninja

Oh so much going on.  

Loved the insight on the verses.   That is a thing my current church does that has completely changed my understanding (and investment) in sermons and teachings.    They detail out the translation from the at the time greek of the new testament, and explain the context of what it would have meant to that area and that time of history.   So much changes when you look at bigger pictures!  (Ain't that the truth of everything in life?  Heh.)

We finished our Sunless Citadel adventure and now have down time before we pick up the next module adventure.   Our Meepo got killed early on, and the Kobold boss lady was none-bothered by it.   I won't say more about what we encountered this last time, but now I can read all your recaps without restraint!

• Like 5

Level 69 ~*~ Ranger

Deviant Art Gallery   ||  YouTube Channel

Current Challenge

"It is difficult.  All things worth keeping are."  Thane Krios - Mass Effect 2

"Maybe it's not as simple as you imagined, Seeker."  Varric Tethras Dragon Age 2

"Staying within your limits is no fun, Ryder."  Vetra Nyx - ME: Andromeda

Spoiler

::PAST CHALLENGES::

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 20 | 21 | 22

23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42

43 | 44 | NEIN | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48| 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61

62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81

On 6/7/2020 at 6:39 PM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

With the KJV you have two issues of interpretation.

Certain bible scholars I have spent some time around have been known to rattle off a lot more than two issues with that particular version... ;) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scaly Freak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26

19 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

screaming as I did so "that's what you get for shortchanging me on a deal!"

This was the best part!

• Like 1

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

4 hours ago, Starpuck said:

Oh so much going on.  

Loved the insight on the verses.   That is a thing my current church does that has completely changed my understanding (and investment) in sermons and teachings.    They detail out the translation from the at the time greek of the new testament, and explain the context of what it would have meant to that area and that time of history.   So much changes when you look at bigger pictures!  (Ain't that the truth of everything in life?  Heh.)

We finished our Sunless Citadel adventure and now have down time before we pick up the next module adventure.   Our Meepo got killed early on, and the Kobold boss lady was none-bothered by it.   I won't say more about what we encountered this last time, but now I can read all your recaps without restraint!

Yeah, I like digging into the background and trying to understand the environment/current events during which the text was written.  Actually, no.  No I don't.  I like other people doing that and sharing with me :P 

I would be very interested to hear how your experience went. at least on the main level.  Our party is... how shall we say... a bit strange?  having a someone who is unable to speak the truth as the face of the party keeps things interesting :D  

4 hours ago, Scalyfreak said:

Certain bible scholars I have spent some time around have been known to rattle off a lot more than two issues with that particular version... ;) 

There are certainly some known issues.

32 minutes ago, Red1263 said:

This was the best part!

I wish I could have been online at the time to hear the reaction.

What Plan Shout GIF - WhatPlan Plan What - Discover & Share GIFs

Yesterday was a really good day.  

In the morning, Ghostess and I went over to the police department to renew her passport, which expires next week.  I am a little jealous that she can get it done so fast.  I don't think I could get mine renewed that fast, even if I lived in the US.  Now, with the requirement that all US passports be printed in the US, it takes me 3-6 months to get it done.  

After we got back from doing that, we went over to the Entry/Exit Adminitration Bureau and picked up my passport, which has been there ever since I filed to renew my visa in early January.  There were no issues or hassles getting them, and we were in and out in less than 10 minutes.  We could have been out faster but we stopped by the immigration counter to ask about getting a green card.  The process is pretty simple and straightforward for me, but much more complicated for Ghostlet.  Complicated to the point that it really isnt even worth it, so we are not even going to try.

Since we were over on the East side of town anyway, we decided to drive over and check out one of the few international grocery stores.  The one I used to go to when I was living over there was gone, so we looked online and found another one so we went over there.  When I used to go to these store the products were usually roughly about 75% US, 10% Japanese/Korean and 15% EU origin.  This time when we went in, it was probably about 5% US, 10% Korea/Japan and the remainder from the EU.  Luckily this meant that there was a pretty good selection of cheeses.  Well, relatively speaking.  It was almost entirely variations on Cheddar, Gouda and Parmesan, which I of course picked up.  There were some other kinds that I didn't recognize so I picked one at random to try out.  It is a yellowish Dutch cheese but I only have the Chinese name so I can't guess what it is called in Dutch.  I tried some after getting home and it was pretty tasty.

We got back a little before Ghostlet got back from school and since he had already finished all of his homework at school, I let him go outside to play and I got on Skyrim for a bit.  In the evening I grilled up some burgers (topped with some real cheddar slices we picked up earlier in the day).  We also picked up some buns while we were over there so we had something besides regular bread slices to put it on.  I also added some bacon and fried eggs to mine, because they are delicious.

I was really sleepy from having stayed up half the night playing D&D, so I turned in early and fell asleep almost as soon as my head hit the pillow :) 

ETA:  The school district middle school first round selection results dropped last night.  Ghostlet got accepted into his second choice school :) :) :) 

• Like 11

Level 2 Ninja

Congrats on finding some cheese!

tenor.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Omg that burger looks amazing.    I haven't had one since ZeChaos! started and I really need one so bad.    (Outdoor seating options now open, I might be able to pull this off!)     Also - the cheese and school updates are so great!   So glad for ya!!!

I thankfully renewed my passport like 4 years ago to go visit Nerds in Canada.   But my FOID renewal, which I sent in the first week of March is still out in limbo, and after an internet search, turns out that the lovely state of ILLinois is 120 days behind on renewals.   Ugh!

• Thanks 1

Level 69 ~*~ Ranger

Current Challenge

"Maybe it's not as simple as you imagined, Seeker."  Varric Tethras Dragon Age 2

Spoiler

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 20 | 21 | 22

23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42

43 | 44 | NEIN | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48| 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61

62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81

That burger should have come with a warning! Looks mouth watering. 
Hooray for all the cheese! :) is the mystery Dutch cheese the one with the black crust in the middle? Because that one looks like old Amsterdam.

On 6/9/2020 at 7:50 AM, WhiteGhost said:

Then I made the mistake of making a political comment and the anxiety associated with that completely threw me off.  It wasn't even anything big, but stupid brain made it into a HUGE deal and I was completely done.  I knew I should have stayed out of that.

That’s interesting, I wouldn’t have guessed. I think you’re very thoughtful and articulate. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Main Quest: becoming a decent kettlebell lifter and a great coach

Current challenge: KB Girl prepares for the new year

my instagram - my gym's instagram

21 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Congrats on finding some cheese!

tenor.gif

I was very, very pleased :)

15 hours ago, deftona said:

Yay for cheese and second choice schools! 

Thanks!

12 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

CHEEEEEEESE 🤩

Life is just a little bit closer to normal now :D

8 hours ago, Starpuck said:

Omg that burger looks amazing.    I haven't had one since ZeChaos! started and I really need one so bad.    (Outdoor seating options now open, I might be able to pull this off!)     Also - the cheese and school updates are so great!   So glad for ya!!!

I thankfully renewed my passport like 4 years ago to go visit Nerds in Canada.   But my FOID renewal, which I sent in the first week of March is still out in limbo, and after an internet search, turns out that the lovely state of ILLinois is 120 days behind on renewals.   Ugh!

You should just make one like I did.  It's super easy, barely an inconvenience

I don't even know what FOID is

4 hours ago, sylph said:

GG's Ghostlet!

We are all quite pleased.  Only 25% of his class got into a school of their choice at all.  The rest will all be randomly assigned

4 hours ago, KB Girl said:

That burger should have come with a warning! Looks mouth watering. 
Hooray for all the cheese! :) is the mystery Dutch cheese the one with the black crust in the middle? Because that one looks like old Amsterdam.

That’s interesting, I wouldn’t have guessed. I think you’re very thoughtful and articulate. 

Yes, the one with the black crust.  Thanks for the identification!

The problem is that it doesn't matter so much what I write as what the other person understands and even though I have no control over that, my brain still runs every worst case scenario and it was just too much for me. 

Not much to update for yesterday, pretty much the whole day was spent getting ready for our trip. I am writing this from the airport and will probably not be around much for the rest of the challenge.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Level 2 Ninja

4 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

It's super easy, barely an inconvenience

Because making your own burgers is tight!

(FOID is Firearm Owner I.D.  Aka, License to own a firearm in Illinois.  Can't even buy ammo without it.  Can't even HOLD a firearm at a sporting store without it.)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Level 69 ~*~ Ranger

Current Challenge

Spoiler

13 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

Not much to update for yesterday, pretty much the whole day was spent getting ready for our trip. I am writing this from the airport and will probably not be around much for the rest of the challenge.

Good luck, safe travels, and hope you guys have an awesome time!

Manarelle the Level 54 Amazon Assassin

Gryffindarling and Sith Acolyte, somehow.

Challenges: 1-1011-2021-3031-4041-50, 51-60, Current

19 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

It's super easy, barely an inconvenience

14 hours ago, Starpuck said:

I need to tell you guys that I've been addicted to his videos because of you guys!

• Like 1

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler

19 hours ago, Starpuck said:

(FOID is Firearm Owner I.D.  Aka, License to own a firearm in Illinois.  Can't even buy ammo without it.  Can't even HOLD a firearm at a sporting store without it.)

I should add that if you make your own patties from ground beef you need to pack it as tight as you can, because tight patties are tight :)

Wow, you guys have strict FA laws there.  Or you could say we have super lax FA laws out in Utah.  For the amount of work you need to do to hold one in the store, we could get a concealed carry permit.

10 hours ago, Manarelle said:

Good luck, safe travels, and hope you guys have an awesome time!

Thanks, we are having a blast so far.

4 hours ago, Red1263 said:

I need to tell you guys that I've been addicted to his videos because of you guys!

Whoopsie!

Yesterday was a Looooong day. We got up at 4 for our 6:30 flight which was delayed until 9. We were originally planning to spend the first day here at a large Disneyland style amusement park but Ghostess and one of the others had to be in the office for a fire department inspection which they had been trying to schedule for months only to have them arrange it on short notice for yesterday.  At least it wasn't for today.  Becaise of all this, we switched it up and went to the aquarium instead,and then came back to the hotel to meet up with Ghostess.

After dinner, everyone got all dressed up to take our own informal pictures in the hotel lobby which was gorgeous.  We didn't finish getting ready until midnight, though so we definitely got some very weird looks fron the drunk guests who were straggling in.  One dude, four ladues and two kids all dressed up in gowns and tuxes taking pictures in the middle of the night :D

We eventually got to bed around 1:30

• Like 5

Level 2 Ninja

On 6/10/2020 at 11:51 AM, KB Girl said:

Agreed!

I was going to ask how the cut's going, but it sounds like you've moved onto the next stage, enjoying the fruits of your labor. :D

PHOTOS PHOTOS PHOTOS

• Like 2

Cowardly Assassin
Training Log | Challenges: Current, 6th, 5th, 4th, 3rd, 2nd, 1st

22 hours ago, PaulG said:

Agreed!

I was going to ask how the cut's going, but it sounds like you've moved onto the next stage, enjoying the fruits of your labor. :D

PHOTOS PHOTOS PHOTOS

The cut is still going strong, especially for the last few days because Picture Day is upon us.  Photos will be shared ;)

Yesterday was another long day. We got up around 7 so we could get to the photo studio by the time they opened.  We picked the specific locations for the various shoots and then selected our gowns and tuxes.  Things got a little bit tense when Ghostess really wanted to wear a gown I detested but we talked it through like adults and finally went with something else we both liked.

I wanted to wear a nice strapless number but apparently all of the gowns in my size are designed for women with bigger boobs than me so I had to pick something with addditional support.  I think my makeup artist is going to have to be a miracle worker to make me look good in it, but we'll see how it goes.  

After we finished picking our outfits, we went out for some lunch and then headed out to an amusement park near the city.  It was cold and super foggy so a lot of the rides were closed but we still had a good time. It was too foggy for the fireworks show so we left earlier than planned and got back to the hotel at a reasonable time.

The rest of the evening was spent frantically trying to get all of our stuff ready and then get ourselves prepared.  Electric razors are apparently less than ideal for full body shaving, but luckily ghostess had me covered.  I did my pits, chest, arms, and hands and then put in a collagen mask because apparently that helps for applying make up the next day.  Lucklily I didn't have to shave my legs because the gown covers those.  Props to all the women who have to do this on the regular, it's a lot of work.

Today is the big day!

• Haha 5
  • That's Metal 3

Level 2 Ninja

2 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

I wanted to wear a nice strapless number but apparently all of the gowns in my size are designed for women with bigger boobs than me so I had to pick something with addditional support.  I think my makeup artist is going to have to be a miracle worker to make me look good in it, but we'll see how it goes.

I believe this goes right here

Be A Man Disney Funny Mulan GIF | Gfycat

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler