• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

WhiteGhost

WhiteGhost Sticks to the Plan

49 minutes ago, Red1263 said:

I believe this goes right here

Be A Man Disney Funny Mulan GIF | Gfycat

Eerily, their gowns are all designed perfectly for their boobs.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

I wanted to wear a nice strapless number but apparently all of the gowns in my size are designed for women with bigger boobs than me so I had to pick something with additional support. 

Strapless ranges from a nightmare to a mere hassle for women as well. YOU ARE NOT ALONE.

3 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

Props to all the women who have choose to do this on the regular, it's a lot of work.

FTFY. :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, juliebarkley said:

Strapless ranges from a nightmare to a mere hassle for women as well. YOU ARE NOT ALONE.

"Strapless" is code for "torture device"

• Like 2

On 6/13/2020 at 8:45 AM, Red1263 said:

I believe this goes right here

Be A Man Disney Funny Mulan GIF | Gfycat

I don't have much choice. Even when I get all dolled up I still look very much like a man :D

On 6/13/2020 at 9:35 AM, PaulG said:

Eerily, their gowns are all designed perfectly for their boobs.

I learned that with the gowns in that GIF you really can't tell because they have plenty of coverage so you can hide a lot

On 6/13/2020 at 9:45 AM, juliebarkley said:

FTFY. :)

I had no idea how much of a nuisance they are. They can look really good but boy howdy are they a lot of work.

haha, fair enough :D

On 6/13/2020 at 9:48 AM, Scalyfreak said:

"Strapless" is code for "torture device"

I would not have understood this comment last week

Yesterday was another looooong day.

We got up around 5 so we coukd get to the studio first thing in the morning.  The firat couole of hours was soend getting eveyone dressed and made up and then we went and spent the rest of the morning taking tradional wedding style photos near the studio (white gown/black tux).  After lunch I changed into my uniform and took some pictures with the wedding gown.  We then changed outfits and locations a few more times until around 11pm. we then came back and I changed into my dress.  They couldn't get me to look feminine with my arms and shoulders all jacked so instead we just took a bunch of comedy style pictures.  I don't know if we are going to get anything really great from it but we'll see.

In other news, Beijing had a new outbreak of the 'rona so we are back on lockdown.  46 people got infected from some contaminated salmon at the Xinfadi wet market so school looks like it will be from home again starting from Monday. We are lucky that we left when we did, if we left 2 days later we would have have been caught in the quarantine and wouldn't have been allowed to travel.

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, WhiteGhost said:

They couldn't get me to look feminine with my arms and shoulders all jacked so instead we just took a bunch of comedy style pictures.

You should have had a nice lacy shawl or something to drape over your arms and shoulders!

This whole adventure has made me curious - how common is it to have photos done separately from the wedding itself in China? It sounds like this studio is well set up for it.

9 minutes ago, WhiteGhost said:

We are lucky that we left when we did, if we left 2 days later we would have have been caught in the quarantine and wouldn't have been allowed to travel.

Very lucky indeed. And you got to see your relatives, and get your passports/ID sorted out... Good thing you weren't procrastinating!

11 minutes ago, WhiteGhost said:

school looks like it will be from home again starting from Monday.

Also curious - how are you finding the learning from home situation? The experiences of the people around me whose kids are learning from home by necessity rather than choice are all over the place. How do they set up the learning there, and is it working for you?

• Like 2

On 6/13/2020 at 1:07 AM, WhiteGhost said:

I did my pits, chest, arms, and hands and then put in a collagen mask because apparently that helps for applying make up the next day.  Luckily I didn't have to shave my legs because the gown covers those.  Props to all the women who have to do this on the regular, it's a lot of work.

Luckily most women have no need for shaving their chests. 😂I can't want for the photos!

Sucks about having to go back to lockdown after tasting freedom. Hope it won't last long.

• Like 3

Ha ha so looking forward to the pics :D this is GREAT!

5 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

In other news, Beijing had a new outbreak of the 'rona so we are back on lockdown.  46 people got infected from some contaminated salmon at the Xinfadi wet market so school looks like it will be from home again starting from Monday. We are lucky that we left when we did, if we left 2 days later we would have have been caught in the quarantine and wouldn't have been allowed to travel.

Sh**  😦

But will you be able to go back in?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, juliebarkley said:

You should have had a nice lacy shawl or something to drape over your arms and shoulders!

It was a wedding gown so all I got was a veil.  Sone ofbthem were quite funny, I can't wait until they give us the finished pictures (they will PS the ones we selected)

This whole adventure has made me curious - how common is it to have photos done separately from the wedding itself in China? It sounds like this studio is well set up for it.

Very common. In fact it is almost never done on the day of the wedding.  Weddings in China consist of 3 parts.  The actual wedding itself which is a ten minute affair and the local wedding registry office.  Once that is done, a couple is legallt and lawfully wedded but socially considered to still be engaged but not married.  Once the registration is completed, the couple arranges to get their pictures taken and then the pictures will be used at the huge formal ceremony which is when most couples count their anniversary from.  The time between registration and wedding ceremony can be up to 2-3 years depending on wedding location availability.

Very lucky indeed. And you got to see your relatives, and get your passports/ID sorted out... Good thing you weren't procrastinating!

Yep, our timing was perfect

Also curious - how are you finding the learning from home situation? The experiences of the people around me whose kids are learning from home by necessity rather than choice are all over the place. How do they set up the learning there, and is it working for you?

It's pretty spotty to be honest.  The program in Shanghai is pretty organized but in Beijing it seems to be left up to the individual teachers to figure out for themselves.  Our teacher is pretty good, but most of the school work seems to just busywork and not much learning is happening.  Luckily our middle school is already set so we don't have to worry to much about it.  

5 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

Luckily most women have no need for shaving their chests. 😂I can't want for the photos!

Sucks about having to go back to lockdown after tasting freedom. Hope it won't last long.

It's probably forbthe best that you don't need to. I will admit that I was VERY nervous trying to shave around my nipples :D

I am actually pretty happy with how serious they are taking this.  If they weren't clamping down and pretending everything was already over like the rest of the world seems to be doing I would be very worried.

2 hours ago, @mu said:

Ha ha so looking forward to the pics :D this is GREAT!

Sh**  😦

But will you be able to go back in?

The pics are great, but I expect I will enjoy them far more than you guys will ;)

We are at the airport now and should have no problem getting back in.  We all have green indicators on our apps (for now at least) so we are still free to travel around.  The city we are in now has restricted travel from Beijing, though, so leaving Beijing could be tough.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

Very common. In fact it is almost never done on the day of the wedding.  Weddings in China consist of 3 parts.  The actual wedding itself which is a ten minute affair and the local wedding registry office.  Once that is done, a couple is legallt and lawfully wedded but socially considered to still be engaged but not married.  Once the registration is completed, the couple arranges to get their pictures taken and then the pictures will be used at the huge formal ceremony which is when most couples count their anniversary from.  The time between registration and wedding ceremony can be up to 2-3 years depending on wedding location availability.

Do you still take giant group photos at the formal ceremony or is that not a thing?

4 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

I am actually pretty happy with how serious they are taking this.  If they weren't clamping down and pretending everything was already over like the rest of the world seems to be doing I would be very worried.

Fair. It's hard to take it seriously here though when there are so few cases. And when summer and sun is such a precious commodity. 😛

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

Do you still take giant group photos at the formal ceremony or is that not a thing?

Fair. It's hard to take it seriously here though when there are so few cases. And when summer and sun is such a precious commodity. 😛

Yes, group photos happen at the formal ceremony.  The wedding photos are just the couple so friends and family need to wait until the formal ceremony.  Our group was very unusual.

Unfortunately we don't have the luxury of ignoring small numbers.  The place where this happened was called Xinfadi and is a major produce market.  Almost all of the vegetables for the city pass through there.  I saw some statistics that said during the 10 day window of when the infection is thought to have occurred, the market had 1.2 million unique visitors.  46 confirmed cases the first day and another 40+ on the second day.  I haven't seen the news yet for yesterday but I expect there will be more.

Ai gonplei ste odon. — LOST Meme - Characters (5/9) 'Ben Linus'

Yesterday we got up early again and headed over to the photo studio to look at the photos and select the ones we want.  Most of them were really great so we ended up odering a bunch more than we originally planned for.  We were there until early afternoon figuring out the pictures and then we headed over to a very bougie dumpling place and had specialty sea urchin dumplings.

After lunch we headed over to a foot massage place where the ladies all got massages.  I do not enjoy foot or any other kind of massage so I just took a nap.  After the massage we picked up our luggae and headed for the airport, where very strict secutiry measures were in place.  Luckily Ghostess had figured out a workaround for Ghostlet and I to get our health info displayed into an app (most of the regular ones need a National ID number to confirm identity) and we were able to get on the plane.  

When we got home, Wraith was very happy to see us, and we were just as happy to see her.  My FIL had been going over to our place every day and spending time with her but she was alone during the nights, so it was great for all of us to be reunited again :) .

This challenge is over but I haven't even thought about getting my next one up so I will probably hang out here for a couple more days.  The digital  versions of our pictures won't be released to us until the print ones are completed, so I may not have much to share besides what we took ourselves until August.  I will put something up in a day or two to close out this challenge though.    

• Like 6

6 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

I do not enjoy foot or any other kind of massage so I just took a nap.

I really thought love of massage would be universal.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, juliebarkley said:

Trleek would approve.

Oh, yes, she would have loved this place :D 

7 hours ago, deftona said:

I really thought love of massage would be universal.

A lot of people don't even believe me for some reason when I say I don't enjoy them.  I just don't seem to get any kind of enjoyment out being prodded, pulled and shaken, nor do I feel any of the benefits people usually describe after having gone through that ordeal.

14 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

This challenge is over but I haven't even thought about getting my next one up so I will probably hang out here for a couple more days.  The digital  versions of our pictures won't be released to us until the print ones are completed, so I may not have much to share besides what we took ourselves until August.  I will put something up in a day or two to close out this challenge though.    

I lied, next challenge is already up

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, WhiteGhost said:

A lot of people don't even believe me for some reason when I say I don't enjoy them.  I just don't seem to get any kind of enjoyment out being prodded, pulled and shaken, nor do I feel any of the benefits people usually describe after having gone through that ordeal.

I think massages only work if you enjoy them. Some people also don't like getting touched by strangers, so there's that too.

• Like 1