• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

WhiteGhost

WhiteGhost Sticks to the Plan

On 5/5/2020 at 10:53 AM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I meant in terms of things you can catch. We aren't a trauma hospital so I don't see much of the physical injuries.

I don't know enough about them to know what to be scared of.  Probably Motaba

On 5/5/2020 at 11:02 AM, Suzaqu said:

Here for the plan and the MyFlex!

If things go according to plan you'll get both :) 

On 5/5/2020 at 11:40 AM, PaulG said:

I was here for the flexibility... but I’m staying for the morbidity

I cater to all sorts of interests ;) 

17 hours ago, KB Girl said:

That’s awesome. 

It was one heck of a workout

16 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

Are you sure about that? 

Same! 🤣

Sure it's bad, but I feel like this is not the end of the story. I mean the eyelid would just quickly rip and you'd keep falling but what if you'd then fall into say a puddle of giant zombie leeches?

I guess it's all relative.  Deffy is the one working on the sexy dance moves, so she obviously gets advantage on that roll

For us as 4th graders that pretty much was the end of the story.  Just hanging there danging over the side of the roof by your eyelid. 😮 

12 hours ago, zenLara said:

Well, she's already got the gist of being upside down...

No wonder that stayed with you 🙀

She's off to a good start ;) 

Yeah, it was kind of traumatizing, which is saying a lot for kids who liked to the play the "what's grosser than gross" game.  That got into some serious traumatizing territory as well.

4 hours ago, fleaball said:

Ooooh what are you using to study ASL? While I’m jealous of your physical abilities I’m much more jealous of all the languages. 

Uh, I slow Youtube playback speed down to 25% and turn on close captioning.  Lots of rewinding.

image.jpeg

Tuesday

Tuesday again went pretty much exactly as planned.  I started out in the morning with the MyFlex Pike module, followed by a floor based skill session.  That pretty much just consisted of handstands and various handstand pushup progressions.  I decided to film a few to see how I was doing.  I took a two pronged approach, doing as low as I could go partial reps from the top and then as high as I could go partial reps from the bottom.  Ideally they would both progress to the point that I could reach the other kind at some point and get in a full rep.

After I finished that, I was going to do the Darebee WOD again but I saw an email from NF about the Star Wars Day workout so I gave that a go.  They had 3 levels of workout but I wanted to go harder so I made my own level (Sith Lord) which was even more intense.  It was going well until I got to the part about hand stand pushups.  By this time I was already dead to them, so I just did 5x5 freestanding negatives instead.

After that was over I found an international IME and then got out Duolingo for some Russian practice. I started from some seriously basic stuff but it was probably good because I have apparently completely forgotten how to spell anything.  It felt good to be back into it again, and I am exited for next time.  

After lunch I got on the treadmill but given the monster workout in the morning I just did 30 minutes at a nice slow pace (about 2 miles total) 

I took a rest after the walk and then got out my pencils and tried to do a sketch of Wraith.  It was truly awful, but instead of getting discouraged and putting everything away, I tried doing something different and got out the colored pencils and tried doing just one eye.  This one came out a little better.  Ghostess was reorganizing her clothes all day, so in the afternoon I helped her out with that, moving boxes and other labor intensive stuff.

After dinner Ghostlet said he wanted to play Fifa on the xbox so we did that together until his bedtime, after which I fired up Skyrim until bedtime.

In D&D updates, we had a little bit happen on out Saltmarsh campaign.  This is one where my character (Delengaar Hammarfist) is an intellectually stunted goliath who misunderstand everything in the most hilarious way, and thinks himself to actually be pretty clever. We are stranded on an island with a lighthouse and not much else, and a massive storm came through.  We tried to signal our ship captain to come in to the lee side and shelter the storm but unfortunately he didn't make it and died.  We have no idea how we are going to get off the island now, or what kid of secret dangers the island holds for us.   

image.jpeg

• Like 11

3 minutes ago, WhiteGhost said:

Deffy is the one working on the sexy dance moves, so she obviously gets advantage on that roll

Not sure I get any advantage from this, I'm not sure I'm very good at it 🤣

• Like 1

4 hours ago, deftona said:

I think a PvP is the only way to settle this. With video evidence.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

37 minutes ago, Mad Hatter said:

I'd be willing to bet any amount of money against me so I might as well just wire it right now.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

In D&D updates, we had a little bit happen on out Saltmarsh campaign.  This is one where my character (Delengaar Hammarfist) is an intellectually stunted goliath who misunderstand everything in the most hilarious way, and thinks himself to actually be pretty clever. We are stranded on an island with a lighthouse and not much else, and a massive storm came through.  We tried to signal our ship captain to come in to the lee side and shelter the storm but unfortunately he didn't make it and died.  We have no idea how we are going to get off the island now, or what kid of secret dangers the island holds for us.

Technically, we still don't know exactly what happened to the captain. Maybe the boat is still seaworthy? We do have a few people in the group who have the water vehicle proficiency. We MIGHT make it off the island. But what year will it be when we get back to Saltmarsh? Whnat do we do with the "crossbows" and will someone decide we're responsible for Oro's death and must pay? MYSTERIES.

8 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

After that was over I found an international IME and then got out Duolingo for some Russian practice. I started from some seriously basic stuff but it was probably good because I have apparently completely forgotten how to spell anything.  It felt good to be back into it again, and I am exited for next time.

When are we chatting? ☺️

• Like 1

18 hours ago, deftona said:

In D&D, you get a advantage on skill checks for skills you are proficient in.  I haven't actually seen you dance any of these but you say you have "mastered them" which is good enough in my book for an advantage roll :)   

14 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

hmmm, need to ponder this one ;) 

13 hours ago, deftona said:

I'd be willing to bet any amount of money against me so I might as well just wire it right now.

That would probably not be a very safe bet as you have no idea how badly I dance, but I guess I'll just take you word for it.  I will send you my wire info through PM :P 

10 hours ago, raptron said:

THIS IS A VERY ROBUST PLAN, SIR.

let's see if the followup is equally robust

10 hours ago, starsapart said:

Technically, we still don't know exactly what happened to the captain. Maybe the boat is still seaworthy? We do have a few people in the group who have the water vehicle proficiency. We MIGHT make it off the island. But what year will it be when we get back to Saltmarsh? Whnat do we do with the "crossbows" and will someone decide we're responsible for Oro's death and must pay? MYSTERIES.

When are we chatting? ☺️

Yes, this is true.  we know he is dead, though, and although some of us have water vehicle proficiency not a one of us has navigation.  I suspect we will be stuck on this island until the DM deus ex machinas us out of there.

It will take me a while to get up to chatting speed, especially only doing this once a week. (the only time I have even been to Russia was about 3 years ago.  I was there for 2 weeks and only got up to chatting speed on the last 2-3 days.)

6 hours ago, Korranation said:

Late to the game but here for the plan and to support!!!

Uh, its Wednesday of zero week, the tardy bell doesn't even ring for at least another 4 days :)   Welcome, so great to see you around again!

87 Til

Yesterday DID NOT go to plan.  Well, not in the morning anyway.  Well, it didn't go with the plan as stated, but it did go according to the secret plan.   The morning started out with a D&D session hosted by Raptron and I will put a summary of that down below.  It was a very unique session in that it was very RP heavy and I didn't have to make a single roll the entire session, which was very lucky because Roll20 kept dying on me and booting me out of the system.  Luckily the Hangouts call was fine so at least I got most of the story this time :)  

We ended up playing until just after noon my time, so after that finished up I had to make lunch.  Yesterday was the day the whole country was supposed to be back to work.  They used to have quotas on the number of people who could come to work for each location (up to 50%) but from yesterday that was back up to 100%.  With Ghostess at work, all the meals were on me again, so I made some chicken & green pepper stir fry again for lunch.  After lunch, did my Duolingo Korean.  I took the assessment test but apparently I missed enough that the system was like, "I don't believe you actually know this and were just guessing lucky, so you have to start from the beginning" :(  So I spent the whole session trying to work my way through the alphabet, which was super boring.  Hopefully next session will be better.

After that, I got out the uke and worked on my songs some more.  I am really happy to report that when I started last challenge, I could play about 8 songs total.  Now I have more than doubled that :) 

After the uke practice I faffed around for a bit until it was time to make dinner.  I still had a bunch of chicken leg thawed out that I didn't use for lunch, so I decided to do Chicken teriyaki for dinner.  

After dinner was play time with Ghostlet so we did a bit of FIFA and then when I got tired of getting creamed we switched over to name tag ripping again.  After Ghostlet went to bed I opened up skyrim for a little bit, but turned it off after about 30 minutes to help Ghostess prep cook her lunch for today (she cooks her own lunch and takes enough for herself and and her team so they don't have to eat out)

D&D summary

We are a group of thieves in a port town hired to steal a high value item from a wealthy family in town.  This was supposed to be a 1-2 shot deal but we have been exploring in detail every. single. lead. so we have now stretched this into 4 session, maybe more depending on efficient we are at the actual heist itself :D  In this session we again broke into 2 groups, with our group heading over to talk to a Priest of the God of Capitalism who used to be head of security for the family that we are casing.  We amazing manage to get into his good graces and not only does he share a bit of security info with us, he even gives us a blessing that gives advantage our next skill checks :D   After we finished up, we met up with the other group and made our way to the alchemists guild (oh yeah, the priest also gave us the name of a person at the guild who could probably help us) and we talked with her as well as the boss, both of whom gave is good information.  We are starting to suspect that the high value item we are stealing may in fact be a baby fire phoenix.   This took us up the end of our session, so now we are going to regroup, and then split up again to investigate the sewers, which we were told may have an entrance into the home (or more likely an exit, in our case).  We also may go and talk to some family guards to see if we can get some more info on security there and also go case the exterior of the house as a backup plan, even though most of us have managed to get bona fides to get into the house on that night through "legitimate" means (either by becoming friends with the host or by getting hired as day laborers for the event.

• Like 11

13 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

Yes, this is true.  we know he is dead, though, and although some of us have water vehicle proficiency not a one of us has navigation.  I suspect we will be stuck on this island until the DM deus ex machinas us out of there.

Although I don't have proficiency, I technically do have some skill with navigation (I think it's an automatic +1d4 to skill checks with navigator tools?). It's intuitive and unreliable (racial trait linked to the dragonmark) but I think we could manage 24 miles with that and the maps that have been given to us.

It will take me a while to get up to chatting speed, especially only doing this once a week. (the only time I have even been to Russia was about 3 years ago.  I was there for 2 weeks and only got up to chatting speed on the last 2-3 days.)

I'll wait until you feel ready to go!.

• Like 1

Although I don't have proficiency, I technically do have some skill with navigation (I think it's an automatic +1d4 to skill checks with navigator tools?). It's intuitive and unreliable (racial trait linked to the dragonmark) but I think we could manage 24 miles with that and the maps that have been given to us.

I'll wait until you feel ready to go!.

We will have to hope so.  usually whatever we need to progress the plot will be provided by the DM somehow so I'm not too worried about that.  I am really looking forward to see how this plays out, though, and am also enjoying the RP interactions between the characters.  we have a pretty fun dynamic going on.

Chats will happen, eventually :) 

22 hours ago, Red1263 said:

Came for the plan, Staying for the HSPU's and the DnD

Both are in The Plan :) 

stick to the plan, right? - Cheezburger - Funny Memes | Funny Pictures

Yesterday went according to plan again, for the most part anyway :) 

I started out in the morning with the Straddle module for MyFlex.  I has been a LONG time since I did that module because it is soooooo hard.  I was reminded again yesterday that I have super weak side butt and it was every bit as hard as I remember it.  I was going to have a Leg Day, but after getting my side butt destroyed by the MyFlex, I decided to swap it out with some regular bar/rings stuff which was mostly just from & back lever work.  I tried a new exercise for back levers attacking them from a new angle - literally.  I got into the very bottom of a skin-the-cat and tried to raise myself up into a lever instead of dropping down from the top.  That was super hard, but alos useful, so I will add those into my regular back lever stuff.  While I was doing that, I was also chatting with my Saltmarsh D&D crew which turned into a video call so @starsapart could demonstrate her core skillz.  She also recommended an abs video which I used for my post workout finisher.  It was... interesting.  Some of the stuff was super hard while some of the stuff was like rest exercises, so I suspect the latter were the ones where my hip flexors and lower back completely took over.

After the workout it was time for lunch and then after lunch I got on the treadmill and did an hour long session.   This time I did 5k worth of running and just over 3k worth of walking. 

After that I showered and rested up and then got going on my Japanese, which consisted of watching an hour of Macross (Robotech) season 1 in Japanese.  once that was finished, Ghostlet and I both got out our art supplies and did our stuff.  I did a sketch of Wraith that was better than yesterdays first attempt, but still pretty bad, while Ghostlet attempted to paint a can of coke.  He is a much better artist than me :D 

After dinner I played some more Fifa with Ghostlet until his bedtime after which I got ready for my other D&D session.  Writeup on that below for the benefit of @deftona who had technical difficulties

We started out in a little village where we were looking for info on some adventurers who had gone missing in the nearby ruins.  My guy pretended to be a cleric of Pholtus, the god of light, and put on a really spectacular show with glowing eyes and a choir from heaven singing.  My performance rolls were awful so the townspeople just looked at me like some weirdo and then just went on their way.  Later at the inn I tried to do a slight of hand giving the innkeeper coppers instead of silver and rolled a natural 1 on that.  I decided to keep my showmanship in check for the rest of the day :D 

The next morning we headed out to the ruins but got attacked by some giant rats on the way down to the entrance.  Deffy was the only one who took damage, but she didn't know it because she had already dropped off at that point.  Later we got down to the actual dungeon and as we walked in @Mr_Willes immediately spotted a secret door so we rushed over to that and opened it.  @Kestrel Grey was super curious about the skeletons laying on the floor in there so she ran in only to find that the skeletons immediately came to life (undeath?) upon her entering the room.  Luckily @Red1263 was there to yank her out, without even getting a scratch on her.  meanwhile our two fighters (Deffy & Red) charged them through the door while the rest of us attacked from a distance.  Both of our fighters took damage, but Deffy got the worst of it.  Luckily she was in a massive barbarian rage at the time, so she took limited damage, otherwise it would have been very bad for her.

Once we killed all the skellingtons our time was up so we called it a night/day/afternoon depending on where everyone was.

A huge thanks to @jonfirestar for DMing for us. It was massive fun and I can't wait for our next session.

• Like 10

What a D&D life :D

On 5/6/2020 at 7:50 AM, WhiteGhost said:

I took a two pronged approach, doing as low as I could go partial reps from the top and then as high as I could go partial reps from the bottom.  Ideally they would both progress to the point that I could reach the other kind at some point and get in a full rep.

aaah, I tried that approach for a while, because it did make sense conceptually right! But it didn't work for me... -_- This is why I'm back starting from scratch with strict pike presses progressions. Hope you get there though

• Like 1

12 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

I tried a new exercise for back levers attacking them from a new angle - literally.  I got into the very bottom of a skin-the-cat and tried to raise myself up into a lever instead of dropping down from the top.  That was super hard, but alos useful, so I will add those into my regular back lever stuff.

Niceee.

• Like 1

While I was doing that, I was also chatting with my Saltmarsh D&D crew which turned into a video call so @starsapart could demonstrate her core skillz.  She also recommended an abs video which I used for my post workout finisher.  It was... interesting.  Some of the stuff was super hard while some of the stuff was like rest exercises, so I suspect the latter were the ones where my hip flexors and lower back completely took over.

Top be fair, my recommendation was mostly, "this is decent enough" and I felt very similarly to you about some of the exercises being stupid easy. If you got something out of it, take note of the ones that were hard and double down there since you can't "cheat" on them, amirite? I need to find this Cirque du Soleil ab workout video I remember seeing back in the day... @dancezwithkittehz might have a link?

My guy pretended to be a cleric of Pholtus, the god of light, and put on a really spectacular show with glowing eyes and a choir from heaven singing.  My performance rolls were awful so the townspeople just looked at me like some weirdo and then just went on their way.  Later at the inn I tried to do a slight of hand giving the innkeeper coppers instead of silver and rolled a natural 1 on that.  I decided to keep my showmanship in check for the rest of the day :D 

This is amazing. What class is your character?

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, starsapart said:

Top be fair, my recommendation was mostly, "this is decent enough" and I felt very similarly to you about some of the exercises being stupid easy. If you got something out of it, take note of the ones that were hard and double down there since you can't "cheat" on them, amirite? I need to find this Cirque du Soleil ab workout video I remember seeing back in the day... @dancezwithkittehz might have a link?

Did somebody say cirque du soleil abs?! :D

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, dancezwithkittehz said:

I swear there was another one too in the Cirque it Out series???

This one, maybe?

ETA: yes, I think it was this one. It has modifications for less flexibility demonstrated by the guy in the back so you don't have to do the straddle v-up 😝

• Like 2

Your language skills are so cool already! And man this plan things seems to be working for you, lots of good stuff happening :) 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Red1263 said:

Second! ^_^

👍

17 hours ago, @mu said:

What a D&D life :D

aaah, I tried that approach for a while, because it did make sense conceptually right! But it didn't work for me... -_- This is why I'm back starting from scratch with strict pike presses progressions. Hope you get there though

I'm all about that D&D life :D 

I don't know if this alone will get me there, but it has gotten me much farther than pike pushups ever did.  However, after following the discussion with you and Paul I am going to put those back in as a supplement.

11 hours ago, raptron said:

Niceee.

but sooooo hard :D 

OK, that makes me feel better.  There was definitely a wide variety in there of difficulty levels so I'm glad it wasn't just me

Oh, he is totally a cleric, he wasn't lying about that part.  His actual deity is Leira, the goddess of lies and deceit, so he can't exactly go around proclaiming to be her acolyte now can he :D .  Interestingly, he can use the turn undead skill when he gets it, but it must be done it in the name of some other deity :D  

9 hours ago, dancezwithkittehz said:

Sweet, I will use that as a finisher one of my workouts soon

9 hours ago, starsapart said:

I swear there was another one too in the Cirque it Out series???

This one, maybe?

ETA: yes, I think it was this one. It has modifications for less flexibility demonstrated by the guy in the back so you don't have to do the straddle v-up 😝

This one too, pretty I'm going to need the less flexy no straddle v-ups progression though :D those are guaranteed leg crampers for me

4 hours ago, fleaball said:

I found your next ASL song. NSFW language

Reveal hidden contents

When I first saw the name of the song I was like, yeah, nope. Not interested.  After watching it, though, I think you may be right.  That looks super fun :) 

4 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

This is GOLD! I want to be this person's friend.

Yes, please!

3 hours ago, KB Girl said:

Your language skills are so cool already! And man this plan things seems to be working for you, lots of good stuff happening :) 

Thanks!  This plan thing really is working out for me much better than I had ever anticipated.  I guess what I needed in my life was just a little more structure :) 

image.jpeg

Yesterday went pretty much according to plan again.  I started in the morning with the Shoulder module for MyFlex but I skipped the back bridges part.  I then finally did a Leg Day, and it has been months since I did a proper leg day and I ended up rekt.  In a good way though

After the workout, I had a protein shake for lunch and then did a 30 minute walk on the treadmill.  later on it was time for Spanish so I did a few lessons on Duolingo for that but I didn't have time for uke because I needed to start getting dinner ready.  Dinner was meatloaf, with mashed sweet potatoes and snow peas on the side

While the meatloaf was cooking, I spent 30 minutes on the uke just going over the old songs I knew from before because I hadn't practiced them for a while.  

After dinner Ghostlet wanted to play Halo, so we opened up Reach and played that until his bedtime, after which I switched to Skyrim for a bit and then went to bed at a reasonable time.

Beijing is slowly getting back to normal, the toll roads started charging tolls again on Tuesday and starting from today the delivery people can enter the complex so I no longer need to go down to the gate to pick up packages.  Offices are allowed to have full staff on site since the end of the May Day holiday.  The only thing really different from pre-pandemic is that we still need to have an entry/exit permit to get into buildings and school is still online.  Church could probably resume, but we have been directed from the area office to hold off until things are completely settled and just continue by phone which seems to be working just fine for now.  Masks are still a thing, but they were already a thing before this all started because of the pollution.  That is going to be a much longer term problem that will need to get solved.

• Like 6

Alternating between (strictish) structure and lack of structure works for me as well :)

The different Stick to the Plan pictures add a nice touch to your thread interior design. I like. (Sometimes I just HAVE to phrase something in a certain way or I feel like I am not expressing myself exactly as I want to. This was one of those times :D )

• Like 1

17 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

because of the pollution.  That is going to be a much longer term problem that will need to get solved.

Do you think it is a priority at all? 

• Like 1