WhiteGhost Sticks to the Plan

11 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

I will say that the pushups may have been especially productive because I was less "pushing" and more "rage punching the floor" :D

Have definitely had entire workouts that consist of "rage [general movement]." I'm gonna do it, but there's nothing that says I have to like it. 

11 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

She looked so comfortable it even made me sleepy, so I had a short nap on the couch by her :D 

Adorable. :)

• Like 1
14 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

She looked so comfortable it even made me sleepy, so I had a short nap on the couch by her :D 

You did the right thing. It’s stories like this that give me hope for the world... and make me want a nap.

That lemon chicken looks good as hell. Is that the Cantonese version of the dish? I’m curious ‘cause I’ve seen it fried but from your photo it looks roasted.

• Like 1
On 5/11/2020 at 12:29 PM, Starpuck said:

Dangit, I swore I hit the follow button and here I am all behind.     I swear, I am perpetually behind ALL TEH TRHEADS!   Ahem.

On 5/11/2020 at 12:44 PM, Scalyfreak said:

This is very much my new reality. This is what I get for actively trying to socialize more! 😛 

You and me both, sisters. I have yet to get to all the classes this challenge. But here I am now. Um, hi?

• Like 3

I also don’t like mobility or stretching but I just don’t do it unless absolutely essential. 

Believe it or not, but snatches are the urgh I hate it but must do it thing for me. And then sometimes it’s not so bad but often it’s horrible.

• Like 1

On 5/14/2020 at 10:25 AM, analoggirl said:

Awwww. Good that you joined him for a nap. It would've been heartbreaking to have to get him off there haha

There is  famous saying (and I am paraphrasing a bit): "Let sleeping cats lie"

12 hours ago, Manarelle said:

Have definitely had entire workouts that consist of "rage [general movement]." I'm gonna do it, but there's nothing that says I have to like it. 

Those one also tend to be the most productive.  Channeling all the rage into the right places :) 

8 hours ago, Starpuck said:

Omg your food looks so good.   Soooo good.

Also, your cat pics, make me want a kitteh.

Kittehs are the best!  I just hope I can keep everything straight and my food pics don't make you want a cat and vice versa :P 

As a crazy aside, I was doing my Korean Duolongo the other day and one of the things was to translate the following sentence: "Cats are not food" 😮 

10 hours ago, PaulG said:

You did the right thing. It’s stories like this that give me hope for the world... and make me want a nap.

That lemon chicken looks good as hell. Is that the Cantonese version of the dish? I’m curious ‘cause I’ve seen it fried but from your photo it looks roasted.

I normally can't nap because it means I can't fall asleep at night.  Last night was D&D, though, so I didn't need to sleep

It was roasted :) It probably isn't a standard recipe but it is more likely from Taiwan than anywhere, because I learned it from my best friend who is from there.  

4 hours ago, juliebarkley said:

You and me both, sisters. I have yet to get to all the classes this challenge. But here I am now. Um, hi?

Hi, welcome aboard this train.  I isn't the fastest moving thread around but it does have more activity than a lot so please don't feel bad if you can't keep up.

3 hours ago, KB Girl said:

I also don’t like mobility or stretching but I just don’t do it unless absolutely essential. 

Believe it or not, but snatches are the urgh I hate it but must do it thing for me. And then sometimes it’s not so bad but often it’s horrible.

Really? I though TGUs were your urgh and that snatches were your bread & butter.  YOu certainly do a lot of them for something you dislike.  That's real dedication :) 

Stick To The Plan | /r/TheBoys | The Boys | Know Your Meme

Yesteray morning I forgot to do MyFlex and got right into doing my Leg Day workout.  I only got about halfway through that when the contractors showed up to change out the lights in the living room and replace the faucet in the guest bathroom.  He also brought over a couple crates of eggs his boss* shipped up from his farm so we are super stocked on eggs right now.

* We are super lucky in our home repair situation.  Ghostess has been using the same contractor for all of her corporate remodeling and renovation work for almost 15 years now and because she directs so much work his way he sends people to come over and do whatever we want for our home at no charge.  He also sends us all kinds of farm products (eggs, chickens, duck, geese, fish, etc.) so we also often have a bunch of fresh game as well.

After they finished up I resumed my workout and then had a very late lunch (I just pulled some hot dogs out of the freezer and heated them up).  After lunch I got on the treadmill and did 30 or so minutes of mostly running, getting in 5K in under 35 minutes.  Progress!

After my run I watched another episode of Macross (Robotech) in Japanese for my language stuff and then was going to do some drawing but Ghostlet needed help with his homework which took all the way up until I needed to make dinner.  Dinner was tacos, which were great but used up the very last of my cheese.  We are scheduled to make a Sams Club run this evening, though, so I am really hoping they have cheese there. 

After dinner I still needed to help Ghostlet with some more homework so we didn't get to play together.  Starting from 10pm I got on our Sunless Citadel D&D game (Graciously DMed by our own @jonfirestar ) which lasted until 1am.

D&D update:

Spoiler

We left off in an underground fortress last week having just killed a few skeletons that were in a hidden chamber.  After looting their corpses and finding a few magical arrows, we proceeded through the dungeon until we came upon a frightened Kobold.  MY lying cleric convinced him that we were there to help him upon which he explained that the goblins had stolen his dragon.  We talked him into bringing us to his leader, whom I also convinced that we were on a mission from Kurtalmak, the Kobold deity, to help them rescue their dragon.  She was pleased and we even talked her into giving us a health potion to assist us in our quest.  We brought along the first Kobold (Meepo) as out guide who showed us where the goblins were.  We tried talking to them and I may have tried to convince them that we were on a quest from Maglubiyet, the Goblin deity, to help them get rid of their Kobold infestation.  They didn't buy it so we had to kill them all.   

After killing them we took a rest to recover some HP and then wandered into the next room where we heard the sounds of goblins arguing behind one door and the sounds of a dragon behind another. After getting Meepo to confirm that this was where his dragon was, we opened the door and sent him in to calm the dragon, just in case it was angry.  It turn out that The dragon hated Meepo and sending him in triggered it and it started attacking him.  Thinking it was attacking all of us, we jumped into the fray and started whomping on it.  @Red1263's dragonborn fighter was doing most of the damage to it, all the while apologizing in draconic and trying to convince it that we were there to help (it wasn't convinced :D ).  In the end @deftona's barbarian princess killed the dragon but not before it killed our dragonborn fighter as well as @Mr_Willes's elf rogue.  Deciding it was time to cut our losses we decided to head back to town to find more allies.  On the way out, we had to exaplin to the Kobol leader why we killed her dragon (I blamed Meepo but she still didn't excuse us) and then on the way back home through the forest we were attacked by a sentient bundle of sticks.  Luckily the barbarian was there to save our skins again and we made it back to the safety of town.

• Like 11

That is a sweet deal, props to Ghostess :) I am also hoping you get cheese. Nobody should live without cheese.

9 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

Really? I though TGUs were your urgh and that snatches were your bread & butter.  YOu certainly do a lot of them for something you dislike.  That's real dedication :) 

I don’t even know how to do a TGU and have zero desire to learn 😅 but yea snatches are definitely as common as bread and butter at the moment due to post partumness. I was actually thinking after I typed that it’s a little less horrible now, but that’s probably just because expectations for performance were adjusted downward so much. 

I would have won Europeans 2018 if my snatch wasn’t so bad (my jerk was super awesome), that kinda thing breeds some motivation/dedication 😭

• Like 3

Crap!  I was reading your recap and realized that we are playing the same adventure and now I can't read your recaps anymore!   Crap lol.  Meepo!!!    My halfing necromancer super was friendly when we first met Meepo! 

Omg so many eggs!   How long do farm fresh eggs keep before they go bad?   That seems like an insane amount of eggs to go through quickly.

• Like 2
  • Wow 1
18 hours ago, deftona said:

What would you guys do without that rude princess. 

Well, she hasn't been very mouthy recently so kind of wondering how rude she really is :P 

14 hours ago, KB Girl said:

That is a sweet deal, props to Ghostess :) I am also hoping you get cheese. Nobody should live without cheese.

I don’t even know how to do a TGU and have zero desire to learn 😅 but yea snatches are definitely as common as bread and butter at the moment due to post partumness. I was actually thinking after I typed that it’s a little less horrible now, but that’s probably just because expectations for performance were adjusted downward so much. 

I would have won Europeans 2018 if my snatch wasn’t so bad (my jerk was super awesome), that kinda thing breeds some motivation/dedication 😭

Yes, we are really, really lucky to have that arrangement.  As for cheese, well, not so lucky there

The only thing I know about TGUs is from watching @Machete's IG, but his tutorials make them seem very doable as long as the technique is in place.  I may try them someday if I ever get a kettlebell

All this talk of jerking and snatches is making me think w may need a "phrasing" warning in here :P

11 hours ago, starsapart said:

Iiiiinteresting recap! So are two players rolling up new characters now?

Yep, we will have two folks rolling up new characters and we will also have @Jarric and maybe one other person joining the party, so we are going to have a very different composition going back in.  I suspect the Kobold boss is still going to remember us because of the loudmouthed cleric :D 

10 hours ago, Starpuck said:

Crap!  I was reading your recap and realized that we are playing the same adventure and now I can't read your recaps anymore!   Crap lol.  Meepo!!!    My halfing necromancer super was friendly when we first met Meepo! 

Omg so many eggs!   How long do farm fresh eggs keep before they go bad?   That seems like an insane amount of eggs to go through quickly.

Oh no!  It sounds like you guys are already past where we are, and I suspect the situation is probably quite different for you guys.  Jon was saying that he did not expect things to go this way so I suspect we may have gone off the rails a bit with how we did things :D .  I will need to be super careful about reading your recaps as well :(   

On the bright side, it will be loads of fun to go back and compare notes to see how differently the two campaigns played out :)  

The eggs will keep for a month or two, so we should be fine as long as we eat them regularly, which shouldn't be a problem

Just stick to the plan this time! Yes Boss! - Cheezburger - Funny ...

yesterday I intentionally  skipped MyFlex because I was woke up late (D&D the night before) and didn't even get to my workout until around 11am.  I did mostly lever work and noticed that I have made some small improvements, even though I only work on them twice a week.  For back levers (and skin the cats in particular) I have noticed a significant increase in shoulder ROM and I am able to get much further around.  I don't know if that will tranlsate into helping the back lever or not, but it still seems like meaningful improvement.  For front levers I was able to get into a straddle front lever, but am still not able to maintain a plank with it and it is quite piked.  Baby steps :) 

After the lever work, I felt like doing handstands but they were still terrible.  I tried them on yoga blocks and that helped a bit but I just wasn't finding my balance points.

After lunch I did some Spanish on Duolingo but then decided I was really tired and didn't want to do a run.  So I didn't.  Instead I spent a bunch of time helping Ghostlet with his homework. He had been assigned that morning to memorize a 2 page story and have it filmed and submitted to the teacher by the end of the day.  He really struggled to do that so we ended up cheating and having him memorize each paragraph and then film that before moving on to the next one.  We then sliced them all together into one long video for his teacher.  The splices were kind of obvious, but that was the best we could do for one day so that's what we did. If he loses points for splitting it up, so be it.

I made fresh noodles for dinner from scratch (using our noodle maker) for the first time and they came out pretty good.  After dinner I was helping Ghostlet with his last few paragraphs, Wriath joined us and entertained herself by trying to catch her tail.  

Because of the homework situation we did not have a chance to go to Sam's Club, so I am completely winchestered on cheese.  I don't like this feeling :( 

• Like 7
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 2
19 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

Because of the homework situation we did not have a chance to go to Sam's Club, so I am completely winchestered on cheese.  I don't like this feeling :( 

Sam's Club will still be there tomorrow. And you have fresh noodles! That's not nothing.

• Like 1
22 hours ago, Red1263 said:

What a fantastic update (especially the death of my dear Dragonborn). Also Wraith's video is hilarious!

I am glad the update was sufficient.  I want @deftona to know that we are taking care of her princess properly :) 

14 hours ago, loire said:

I can't imagine being cheeseless...well I can, but it's not a good feeling.

Your cat is a blessing upon this world~

I have hope that cheese will happen, even if it means having to wait for it for a bit

I may be biased but I say Wraith the bestest kitty ever 

6 hours ago, @mu said:

oh my, Wraith has grown so much!

She is probably triple the size she was when we first got her.  She hasn't gotten any less cute though :) 

5 hours ago, juliebarkley said:

Sam's Club will still be there tomorrow. And you have fresh noodles! That's not nothing.

Very true.  Fresh noodles are definitely a game changer 

Dragonage2ftw@AnimeMilwaukee on Twitter: "Fun fact: You aren't ...

Yesterday went completely off the rails.  I don't think a single thing happened according to plan.  It wasn't a bad day, though, it just wasn't on plan

Ghostess invited a bunch of work friends over and we had our first house party since this pandemic thing kicked off.  They came over in the morning and stayed until late in the evening it was a good time for all (except maybe wraith). 

Ghostess and her coworkers all chatted and gossiped about work, life and everything, two of them brought kids that were about the same age as Ghostlet so he got to play with them, and mostly they all just played with Wraith.

I was welcome to join into the discussion but there was no expectation to do so, so mostly I just listened to the chatter and got updated on NF.  I was really the ideal social scenario.  I could pop in for a few minutes and socialize and then disappear for an hour and nobody cared.

One of the people brought over crawdads for part of our lunch and so Wraith got introduced to one that didn't have any claws

After lunch the work folks played mahjong and the kids played x-box all afternoon.  I spent most of that time in the kitchen helping Ghostess to prep the food we were going to have for dinner.  When I wasn't doing that I was looking up different D&D character ideas just in case one of my current characters dies :D 

By the time everyone was gone we were all completely exhausted so we went directly to bed.

• Like 8

I love that the eggs have so many different colors. It makes them look like those candy easter eggs. :) 

I'm glad you had a good time low-key socializing. And Wraith's adorable as always.

16 hours ago, KB Girl said:

That sounds nice :) 

It really was

16 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

I love that the eggs have so many different colors. It makes them look like those candy easter eggs. :) 

I'm glad you had a good time low-key socializing. And Wraith's adorable as always.

I keep forgetting that eggs in some places only come in one color.  I got a package of all white eggs a while ago and was super weirded out by it.  At first I thought maybe there was something wrong with them.

Low key socializing is the second best kind (the first best being D&D socializing :D )

image.jpeg

Yesterday started out as most Sundays do with tele-church followed by lunch.  In the afternoon we went over to my in-laws place (next building over in our complex) and did a thorough cleaning and dusting.  The in-laws will be returning to Beijing on Tuesday so we wanted to get their place ready for them.  It ended up taking the entirety of the afternoon to get it all done, so we only got back in time to make a quick  late dinner.

After dinner, Ghostlet went to bed, Ghostess did her workout and I played Skyrim.  Not an exciting day, but a busy one.

Earlier I got a message from our church regional office in Hong Kong asking met get the building ready to possibly reopen in June.  On Friday I asked the building management about the process and they referred me to the local police bureau.  For most places, the process is very simple, the people returning to work or whatever just scan their app when they enter the building and if the system shows green they can come in.  However the Beijing app system is not set up to accommodate foreigners so that doesn't work for us.  Given that foreigners are not permitted to interact with local members, we have to have 2 completely independent systems here.  For our church members to start meeting again, I have to compile a list of every member who wants to attend services including full name, passport number, mobile number and full address of their residential registration.  The police department will compare the list to the data on each person to what has been compiled by their police station of record (who manages the residential registrations) and make a judgment on risk.  Those individuals who are considered low risk may then attend services.  This will be enforced by the building management to make sure that no one who's name is not on the OK list will not be allowed into the building.  I guess this means that we will all need to carry our passports with us for church.  It's really kind of surreal, which says a lot given the state of the world right now.

I other news, Beijing had announced plans to implement a garbage separation system in March but that had been put on hold when the virus shut things down.  Starting form last week they have started implementing this so now we have to separate our garbage before throwing it out.  It has taken some adjustments, but overall I think this is a good thing and fully support it.

• Like 9
On 5/16/2020 at 3:58 AM, WhiteGhost said:

Because of the homework situation we did not have a chance to go to Sam's Club, so I am completely winchestered on cheese.

I've never seen the word Winchester used as a verb before.

9 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

I keep forgetting that eggs in some places only come in one color.  I got a package of all white eggs a while ago and was super weirded out by it.  At first I thought maybe there was something wrong with them.

We usually only get brown eggs, and I'd never really thought about it until recently we started getting a load of different colours to keep up with sudden increased demand. Apparently different countries expect different colours of eggs, so raw white eggs here aren't normally sold to consumers.

• Like 1
On 5/15/2020 at 8:58 PM, WhiteGhost said:

Yep, we will have two folks rolling up new characters and we will also have @Jarric and maybe one other person joining the party, so we are going to have a very different composition going back in.  I suspect the Kobold boss is still going to remember us because of the loudmouthed cleric :D

This made me laugh because one of my campaigns also has a loudmouthed cleric that's endlessly getting us into trouble.

On 5/16/2020 at 9:43 PM, WhiteGhost said:

Ghostess and her coworkers all chatted and gossiped about work, life and everything, two of them brought kids that were about the same age as Ghostlet so he got to play with them, and mostly they all just played with Wraith.

This sounds so delightfully normal. I want this in my life.

• Like 2
14 hours ago, Jarric said:

I've never seen the word Winchester used as a verb before.

We usually only get brown eggs, and I'd never really thought about it until recently we started getting a load of different colours to keep up with sudden increased demand. Apparently different countries expect different colours of eggs, so raw white eggs here aren't normally sold to consumers.

Thinking about it, I don't think I ever have either.  :P  In this case it was used as an adjective, describing the state of my cheese-havingness (or cheese-nothavingness as the case may be).  I think the term originally was "gone Winchester" and was pilot slang for having run out of ammunition.  When it made its way into the army it morphed into "winchestered" but still kept the meaning of being completely out of ammunition.  

Brown eggs are what you generally find in the store here as well.  I remember growing up in the US I never saw anything but white.

13 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

ace-nyctophyle-any-noun-can-become-a-ver

Englishing can be great for creativizing your brain

12 hours ago, starsapart said:

This made me laugh because one of my campaigns also has a loudmouthed cleric that's endlessly getting us into trouble.

This sounds so delightfully normal. I want this in my life.

Loudmouthed anyone can be fun for getting people into trouble.  I am just waiting for when the tower of lies he is creating ultimately comes crashing down around his ears.  I had the opportunity for a truly wonderful lie half-truth in our session last night, but it didn;t occur to me until the conversation had already passed.

It was soooo great.  We used to have these kinds of get togethers fairly often before the pandemic (same group) and it was really nice to be able to have them over again.  

8 hours ago, dancezwithkittehz said:

Your Wraith videos are some of my favorite things. So cute!

Thanks, I shall try to post more of them whenever I am able to capture her cuteness on video

6 hours ago, Starpuck said:

I really love reading your updates and am glad my excursion back into the assassins reunited me to your threads!

Thanks, your Vlogs are also great for updates.  The happiness of being reunited in following is mutual :) 

leeroy jenkins y u no stick to the plan? - Y U No | Meme Generator

Back tot he grind yesterday.  I started out with the shoulder module for MyFlex and then got onto my "workout".  I this it is probably time to call a spade a spade and admit that what I am doing most mornings isn't really a workout at all.  It is more me getting caught up on NF and Discord interspersed with some moderate to intense bursts of movement.  Over the course of 3 hours, I did some back lever work, some front lever work, handstand stuff and some other various things but mostly it was spent on NF.  I did attempt to do a 7 minute abs workout that @starsapart shared, but it was too hard so I had to break it up into 3-4 sessions to get through.

After lunch I got on the treadmill and did my 1 hour session.  I seem to be making some real progress here, and got 5k after 30:15.  I could have made the 30 minute mark if the treadmill had a higher speed option for the final sprint at the the end, but alas it was not to be.  I will get there soon, though :)   After my run I did some Russian on Duolingo and then instead of practicing the uke which was on the schedule I did some more research on some D&D character ideas I have.

Dinner was cheeseless tacos, but they were not as bad they sound.  I mean, cheese would have made them much better, but they were still decent.

In the evening I finished up my D&D preparations and then played skyrim until D&D started at midnight.

D&D update follows.  Primarily for @deftona's benefit because she is still out with technical difficulties and spoilered to keep @Starpuck from seeing SO MANY SPOILERS! for her game

Spoiler

We left off last time with 2/5 of our party dead at the hands of a baby frost dragon so the remaining 3 of us headed back into town to resupply and fill out our party.  When we got there, we first ran into our newest player (half elf warlock played by @Jarric ) while My cleric was shopping for quills.  He has a big plan to steal the magical feather token the kobold leader is guarding and he needed a duplicate to cover his tracks :) .  He obviously lied to the warlock and told him that they were going into the citadel for the same purposes he was headed there (in search of magical items) which while technically true (see feather token) is not the reason they were hired to go there in the first place.

After getting his signed on, we headed back to the inn to find a super awkward, barely out of school wizard named Brian (played by @Mr_Willes ) who had passed out flyers all around town asking for anyone to please, please, pretty please invite him into an adventuring party.  Seeing someone who would be very eager to swallow whatever BS I was selling I obviously invited him into the party.  Finally we were approached by an ex soldier (actually a rogue but he hasn't let on so far to that played by @Red1263 ) who was looking for his ex-commander.  Said ex-commander was the dragonborn fighter whose corpse we unceremoniously looted and left next to the headless dragon when left.  I told him about how valiantly his old boss fought trying to take out a massive 19ft dragon, even though it was really a baby dragon. That is not the lie I should have used.  What I should have said was:  "Oh, yeah, your old boss is back at the citadel standing guard, there were some enemies about so he said he would hold down the fort while we resupplied.  You can talk to him when we get back there"  :D 

On the way back to the citadel, I headed over into the woods where we were ambushed by the stick thing so I could show off to Brian  However, when we got there we were again ambushed by more of them, all coming in waves.  Most of us got through relatively unscathed except Brian, who was bleeding out before the warlock got there to stabilize him.  Needless to say, poor Brian was super jumpy after that :D 

Once we got back into the citadel we headed back the way we went the first time, only to discover some kind of major battle happening between the kobolds and goblins.  We took an informal straw poll and decided that we didn't want to get involved, especially because the goblins also had some hobgoblins with them.  Instead we decided to search around some other areas and ended up getting attacked by a huge swarm of rats.  We were able to dispatch them without much ceremony but I think it is important to mention that our warlock cast infestation on them so we were basically giving them a taste of their own medicine.  

By this time our scheduled time had run out so we decided to wrap things up.  By this time it was was well past 3am so I scurried off to bed.

• Like 5