WhiteGhost Sticks to the Plan

10 hours ago, analoggirl said:

"Turkish pizzas"

I have never heard of such a thing

10 hours ago, analoggirl said:

as long as it tastes good it really doesn't matter all that much.

As I see it, if you aren't going to make something at least close to the dish you are copying, either call it something else or call it "fusion" or somesuch.  Otherwise the name loses all meaning and I like it when words have meaning.  That said, I am all for eating any food that tastes good, regardless of how it is called

6 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

I was mostly referring to your choice of meat, not sure how the execution went down or if the outcome was any good. As long as you enjoyed it, that's all that matters.

I was mostly trying to troll you but you didn't bite.  :P 

6 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

Freedom_Fries.jpg

Isn't that what everyone calls them???

6 hours ago, deftona said:

This is so weirdly detailed it feels like you have used this as an alibi for something and if this is true I want to hear all about it on our next video call pls. 

Fix ur mic and then you get a story :P    

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
19 minutes ago, WhiteGhost said:

As I see it, if you aren't going to make something at least close to the dish you are copying, either call it something else or call it "fusion" or somesuch.  Otherwise the name loses all meaning and I like it when words have meaning.  That said, I am all for eating any food that tastes good, regardless of how it is called

Definitely good point :) I like it when words have meaning too.

19 minutes ago, WhiteGhost said:

I was mostly trying to troll you but you didn't bite.  :P

There's a sign that says 'Don't feed the trolls!' Over there! 

• Like 1
11 hours ago, analoggirl said:

There's a sign that says 'Don't feed the trolls!' Over there! 

Drat!  I knew I should have check over there first!

11 hours ago, deftona said:

If I'm buying a whole new laptop just for this, it had better be good. 

Oh, it definitely could be.  Only one way to find out :P 

[pretend there is a plan related GIF here]

Yesterday update: did some MyFlex, ate some food, went for a walk, did some Duolingo, blah, blah blah

Now then, time for the real update.  After Ghostlet had gone to bed and I was doing my Duolingo, Ghostess gets home from work and says we need to talk.  It was one of those conversations that tend to take a lot of time and is mostly just me listening while she talks.  I guess it is less "we had a long talk" and more "she had a long talk and I had a long listen"

Long version in the spoiler

Spoiler

We have been married for quite a long time now, but when we got married we did it with the absolute minimum of effort.  To wit, stopping off at the wedding registry on our lunch break and then inviting some friends over for a dinner. 

We have both wanted to get some wedding photos taken for a while but by the time we had such an inclination we had both gained quite a bit of weight and didn't want that forever memorialized in pictures.  Fast forward to Late January of this year and Ghostess starts running a high fever for 3 days.  Although it turned out not to be The Thing as far as we know, it gave her a mighty scare.  The kind where she was literally afraid for her life.  It turned out to be a very life altering experience for her and starting from February she has completely changed around her life.  No more working until 2-3am every day, no more ordering bags of food for dinner at midnight, no more spending any non-work time veging in front of a screen.  She has been eating super healthy (mostly paleo/keto-ish) and eating 3 meals at regular times.  She doesn't work after 10pm (unless absolutely necessary) and is in bed with lights out by 12:30.  She is also started a workout routine with both strength training and cardio that she does 5-6 days a week. 

At first I thought she would burn out from this but she has stuck with it and eve come to enjoy her new lifestyle.  One positive side effect of this is that she has lost 3 dress sizes and is now back in the "normal range" here and she no longer has to worry about stores not carrying her size.  (dress sizes here are insane, but that's a different discussion)

I have also been continuing to working out and eating better as part of this (no more snacks in the house, no more buying me something I love for a midnight dinner even though I already at dinner earlier in the evening, etc.)  The result is that I am also getting down to weights and BF% that are as good or better than they have been for more than 20 years.  I am even starting to get weird lumps on my abdomen (WebMD says probably cancer...  :D ).  Long story short, we are both looking the best we have in a long, long time.

Two nights ago, Ghostess asks me if I would be interested in getting some wedding phtos taken while we are both looking good and I agree to do it.  Apparently, this has now become #1 priority for her and she spent all day yesterday making ALL the arrangements.  

The plan is to fly to Dalian (A city on the tip of a peninsula in the Yellow Sea, about halfway between Beijing and Pyongyang as the crow flies) 2 weeks from today.  We will spend a day sightseeing and then the next day we will spend the day picking the outfits we want from the photo agency's collection and then begin the photo shoots, the next day will be all photo shoot and then Sunday we will go through the pictures to select the ones we want in the albums.

She is also bringing three of her best friends* to be her "bridesmaids" (she ran this by me first) so it is basically going to be going on a travel holiday and getting tons of photos out of it.  Ghostlet and the daughter of a "bridesmaid" will also be there as "flower bearers".   Also, I may or may not have agreed to do one of the photo sessions as a gender swap (she wears the tux, I wear the wedding gown) :D    I think this sounds like a ton of fun and I am really looking forward to it.

* these are the same folks we had over for to our house a few weeks ago

TL;DR: I have 2 weeks to get ready for wedding photos! 😮 😳😨😱

Maybe time to ramp up this cut I have been doing?

• Like 12
  • Haha 1

Same. I guess there is still a stigma against the  "We need to have a talk" phrase and/or most of us having had a veeeery negative talk when someone has said that :D

Awesome, guys. Enjoy the photoshoot!! I hope they have a dress size you and your lumps fit in haha ^_^

(And I'm happy for Ghostess! I always think; damn I wish we could do that sort of inner make-over without near death experiences (or those that feel like them)... but if it happens well. :) At least something good has come out of your suffering.)

• Like 3

Same as everyone else, I opened the spoiler with anxiety and finished it with a smile. That sounds like so much fun! And you'll be able to truly enjoy it since you don't have to worry about the stress of actual wedding planning!

(Also yes please share the photos)

• Like 1
11 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

I am even starting to get weird lumps on my abdomen (WebMD says probably cancer...  :D ). 

LOL at this. And yay for positive talk and lifestyle changes! Hopefully she also seems happier with life since making those changes? 

Very excited for your quasi-vacation and photo fun!

• Like 2
12 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Wow, that spoiler was so much more positive than it could have been.  I'm so happy for both of you.

Ditto to everyone else.  My heart had stopped ... and then it was nothing but awesomeness that made me smile and encouraged hope for so many different things.      That wasn't a spoiler, that was a teaser! ;)    So awesome, you guys sound amazing and I can't wait for this experience you guys are going to have.   And ... super hopeful we get to see the outcome of a few photos!  (Not just the amazing gender swap.)

• Like 3

Well sir, you know how to keep us in suspense. I was biting my nails through the first third of that update.

Congrats man!

13 hours ago, deftona said:

I am living for this gender swap photo.

Seconded. In honor of what’s now driving clicks, he should change the thread title.

@WhiteGhost Tucks More Than Just His Front Levers”

• Haha 6
On 5/29/2020 at 11:28 AM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Wow, that spoiler was so much more positive than it could have been.  I'm so happy for both of you.

22 hours ago, analoggirl said:

Same. I guess there is still a stigma against the  "We need to have a talk" phrase and/or most of us having had a veeeery negative talk when someone has said that :D

21 hours ago, juliebarkley said:

Same as everyone else, I opened the spoiler with anxiety and finished it with a smile.

13 hours ago, Starpuck said:

Ditto to everyone else.  My heart had stopped ...

8 hours ago, PaulG said:

Well sir, you know how to keep us in suspense

I am glad I was able to recreate in some manner the suspense that I was feeling when she walked in the door and announced the "need to talk".    She knows full well the meaning of this phrase and also the history I have with that particular phrase with my ex so it was a masterful job of trolling on her part :D 

22 hours ago, deftona said:

I am living for this gender swap photo.

21 hours ago, juliebarkley said:

Also yes please share the photos

20 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

GENDER SWAP!!! Even better than Speedo crotch shots!

15 hours ago, Manarelle said:

Very excited for your quasi-vacation and photo fun!

13 hours ago, Starpuck said:

And ... super hopeful we get to see the outcome of a few photos!  (Not just the amazing gender swap.)

8 hours ago, PaulG said:

Seconded.

2 hours ago, Red1263 said:

You now realize that you have to post the Gender swap pic, right?

Oh, never you fear, folks, there will be certainly be pics!

8 hours ago, PaulG said:

In honor of what’s now driving clicks, he should change the thread title.

@WhiteGhost Tucks More Than Just His Front Levers”

Like back levers, planches, handstands, back flips, that sort of thing, right? :P 

8 hours ago, Scalyfreak said:

'Lever"

Singular.

This took me way longer to get than it should have :D 

14 hours ago, raptron said:

Ahahah, that is adorable.

❤️

No Plans GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Yesterday was not on plan at all.  Other than throwing together some food and a few minutes on the treadmill, the entire rest of the day was spent in D&D character creation.  I put together my character for a PbP starting up (probably) next week and then finished off the prep work for the campaign I am going to run with Ghostlet starting from this Sunday.  I have a lot of characters I need to keep straight in my head, because their personalities are all very different.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
17 hours ago, analoggirl said:

So excited for the father-son campaigning!

I am super looking forward to it

Whats The Plan GIFs | Tenor

I took a complete rest day yesterday.  I didn't even cook.  I heated up some stuff from the fridge for lunch and then ordered pizza for dinner.  I was really proud of myself at dinner - I stopped eating when I was full, even though I still a little left.  Normally I would have just finished it off so as not to waste it, but I conjured up some will power and just left the unfinished pizza stay there.  

I spent the day getting caught up on NF and D&D prep work.  Oh, and I prepared a lesson plan for today because I am supposed to teach Sunday School this week.

I have been feeling a bit achey recently so have an extra rest day is probably the right choice

• Like 3

HAVE PLAN GIF by mbenson | Gfycat

Yesterday was really weird, in that it was freakishly similar to the Beforelife.

The day started out normally enough with tele-church but then afterwards Ghostess and I drove out to a mall on the east side of town.  The company we are using to do our wedding photos included some matching rings as part of the package so we had to go over there and get fitted for our rings.  Because of how we wanted to structure the photo shoot, we actually ended up getting 3 of the cheaper packages instead of the bigger premium package because it had a bunch of stuff we just weren't interested, like the giant 3ft by 4ft laminated poster board abomination most people like to get and hang over their bed 😮  This meant that we actually ended up getting 3 sets of rings, but since they only had one design we invited Ghostesses bridesmaids along and had them each get one in their size as well. Ghostess did find a beautiful diamond ring that she loved so we got that.  It's a good thing, too, because when we came back and tried on the one I gave her when we got married she discovered it no longer fit.

After we were done with that, all of the bridesmaids came over to our house to look at dresses.  Ghostess has a huge collection of gowns so the others came over to see if there was anything they could borrow.  Once they had made their selections, we all went out to eat, which is where things got really surreal.

The restaurant we went to was a seafood hot pot buffet, so even though there was assigned seating, everyone was always up and about getting food.  There was 0 (ZERO!) social distancing.  At all.  The place was packed and had a 1 hour wait time for tables.  We had made a reservation so we didn't have to wait long to get seated, but the lobby was shoulder to shoulder packed.  While we were there, the lines for various things ranged from 3-4 people up to like 12 people so anytime we were at the table eating, we were rubbing shoulders with strangers.  Nobody was wearing masks either.  It felt so strange and yet so normal at the same time.

After the dinner, we came back and got everything ready for Ghostlet's first day back in school.  

It's as if the virus isn't even a thing here anymore.

• Like 4

Wowser!  That seems so nuts WhiteGhost!  The odd normalcy bit...  But I bet it felt good?  Or was it more nerve-wracking?   

At any rate, it sounds like a nice weekend was had, and it seems like all the fun bits of planning for wedding stuff, without any of the stress?  Kinda a cool way about it. :)

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Starpuck said:

Wowser!  That seems so nuts WhiteGhost!  The odd normalcy bit...  But I bet it felt good?  Or was it more nerve-wracking?   

At any rate, it sounds like a nice weekend was had, and it seems like all the fun bits of planning for wedding stuff, without any of the stress?  Kinda a cool way about it. :)

It was actually quite pleasant having that kind of normalcy, but it did remind me just how much I hate crowds.

Yes, we are really enjoying this. Everyone should get to enjoy a zero stress wedding event :)

I forgot to mention a couple of things in my update:

I was super proud of myself for controlling my mouth at the buffet.  I usually eat to the point of bursting, and then move on to 2-3 plates of dessert.  🍰  This time I kept my food choices to low carb, protein rich foods and skipped the dessert bar completely.  Having an upcoming photo shoot is apparently a great motivator for me. The speedo challenge didn't have the same effect, though, so maybe not? 😀

Second, while the ladies were in the other room trying on gowns, Ghostlet and I had our inaugural D&D session.  DMing is way harder than it looks and it took forever to do anything.  We did have fun, though, and we are looking forward to future sessions :)

• Like 6
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, WhiteGhost said:

so maybe not? 😀

Maybe if you had to hang at least one picture up on the wall in a place you see often, whatever the results :D Wedding pictures are meant to be looked at often, show your friends and family etc. so it makes sense they motivate differently 😄

• Like 1
On 5/29/2020 at 4:18 AM, WhiteGhost said:

TL;DR: I have 2 weeks to get ready for wedding photos! 😮 😳😨😱

Maybe time to ramp up this cut I have been doing?

ha ha awesome! that's a great motivator :P

We also had a very low key wedding. Sometime afterwards we had a few pictures taken at Golestan's palace in traditional Kajar attire. We did not mean to make those wedding pictures as such but everybody think they are :P And I'm the one holding the sabre on those, which puzzled the photographer a lot because it's not how it supposed to be but I'm an Assassin dammit :D Enjoy! :)

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

So people are just bored of social distancing now? Also I think it would be a long time before I trust a buffet again. I'd be the one standing there with a stabby fork shouting IF ANYONE BREATHES ON MY PRAWNS IMMA GET YOU.

• Like 3