Summer (h3r0) is Coming 

h3r0

1 hour ago, h3r0 said:

Umm probably. I haven't tried it but worth a shot. And yes, still getting the daily walks in. I enjoy the sunshine but I am tense the whole time on the walk but I still do it and even look forward to it. 

Sorry to whine about it. Everyone else is going through the same thing. I'm just tired of being a nervous wreck all the time and I just can't seem to catch my breath and relax. 

You don't have to apologise for talking about the untreated, severe anxiety that you are suffering from.

Let cheese and oxen and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination - Harriet the Viking

Just be bold, fluid and unapologetic, not small, hairy and indecisive - Harriet the Artist

You can absorb me! - Harriet the Contextless Guru

Reading about the spread being very very limited outdoors really helped calm me down.. at first I was panicky even walking where someone else had walked minutes before, but knowing that it's mostly indoor spread in places with bad air circulation that we need to worry about helped relax me a lot. 

I hope mediation works for you and if not do keep looking for other things. Long hot showers work for me and hot cups of tea with obscene amounts of sugar. And sometimes finding something that makes you cry a whole lot can really help relax afterwards. 

• Like 2

KB Quest: becoming a decent kettlebell lifter and an excellent coach

2023 goals tracker; cycling: 1047,7/5000km & reading to my kids: 58/365 days (updated may 1st)

my instagram - my gym's instagram

1 hour ago, KB Girl said:

, but knowing that it's mostly indoor spread in places with bad air circulation that we need to worry about helped relax me a lot. 

You know I had read that and it never really clicked with me but I just got back from my nightly walk with the Familia and I kept thinking about what you said and it really helped. I wasn't nearly as tense as I usually am. Thanks. 

2 hours ago, KB Girl said:

And sometimes finding something that makes you cry a whole lot can really help relax afterwards. 

Can't. There is no sports playing right now. 🤣

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

LEVEL 4 - Half Elf - Sword Assassin

STR: 9          DEX: 4          CON: 8          INT: 6          CHA: 7

SKILLS: Swordsman 

EQUIPMENT: Padded Armor, Wooden Sword 

BADGES: Stormrider

5 hours ago, h3r0 said:

Sorry to whine about it. Everyone else is going through the same thing.

What Scaley said.

I was sharing a bit of my experience in case it gave you that sense of "ohhh I'm not alone" in the *positive* sense.

Possible (transition to) middle ground: go to the beach and walk to wherever you DO feel safe and spend some time there. Try to imagine having everyone along, and how that would go. Breathe through the extra panic coming up. (Again, I realise this is ISN'T easy, and I'm going off on the limb that what I'm suggesting MIGHT potentially be useful or act as an "opening" to something that is more applicable to your situation :).) 

EDIT: glad the information about the spreading pattern helped!!

• Like 1

Level ☆ human [uncategorizable]
STR 2 | DEX 3 | CON 3 | STA 3 | WIS 6 | CHA 6

26 minutes ago, h3r0 said:

Can't. There is no sports playing right now. 🤣

Watch a movie?

• Like 1

The Great Reading Thread of 2024

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scalyfreak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29; Ch 30; Ch 31; Ch 32; Ch 33; Ch 34; Ch 35; Ch 36; Ch 37; Ch 38; Ch 39; Ch 40; Intermission V; Ch 41; Ch 42; Ch 43; Ch 44; Ch 45; Ch 46; Ch 47; Intermission VI; Ch 48; Ch 49

iron_man_thor_turkish_get_up.jpg.dd146196f4d40c2518b0b43137559b64.jpg

PT 

Preying goblet squats 

Halos 

5 Half Get Ups per side 

3x20' suitcase carry 

90/90

Pigeon pose 

Still feeling weakness this morning. Yesterday I was just OK, but today I feel tired and weak and just want to sleep more. I still got up and forced myself to do something. I'm glad I did, feel better now. Blood sugar is back down to normal today, so I have yesterday's workout to thank for that. I'm wondering if I just need some extra protein. I will add a shake today and see how I feel in the morning. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, h3r0 said:

iron_man_thor_turkish_get_up.jpg.dd146196f4d40c2518b0b43137559b64.jpg

This picture made me laugh out loud. Love it.

3 hours ago, h3r0 said:

Still feeling weakness this morning. Yesterday I was just OK, but today I feel tired and weak and just want to sleep more. I still got up and forced myself to do something. I'm glad I did, feel better now. Blood sugar is back down to normal today, so I have yesterday's workout to thank for that. I'm wondering if I just need some extra protein. I will add a shake today and see how I feel in the morning. 

What's happening with your blood sugar? 

Let cheese and oxen and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination - Harriet the Viking

Just be bold, fluid and unapologetic, not small, hairy and indecisive - Harriet the Artist

2 hours ago, Harriet said:

What's happening with your blood sugar? 

It's just been high upon waking up the last few days. It could be because of stress or not exercising. This morning it was normal since I finally did get some exercise in. 

If you're asking why I would be looking at it in the first place it's because I have type 1 diabetes. My body doesn't make insulin. 

• Like 1

On 5/11/2020 at 8:23 AM, h3r0 said:

My wife thinks I am being overly cautious about the virus. That I refuse to go out anywhere and manic about bleaching anything that comes into the house. I think I am just being sensible. Yes I am taking it to a high level but whenever she tries to talk me into taking the kids on a day trip to the beach I don't react but inside I feel nothing but panic. Yes my anxiety is feeding into my virus precautions and yes that feeds back into my anxiety. It's a feedback loop. But where is the line between sensible precautions and Howard Hughes wearing kleenex boxes as shoes?

I feel this.

Current Challenge

# 39#38 | #37 | #36 | #35 |#34 | #33 | #32 | #31 | #30#29#28#27#26#25 | # 24 | #23#22#21 | #20 | #19 | #18 | #17#16#15#14 | #13 | #12 | #11 | #10#9#8 | #7 | #6 | #5 | #4 | #3 | #2#1 | Battle Log

Instagram | Goodreads

3 hours ago, h3r0 said:

It's just been high upon waking up the last few days. It could be because of stress or not exercising. This morning it was normal since I finally did get some exercise in. 

If you're asking why I would be looking at it in the first place it's because I have type 1 diabetes. My body doesn't make insulin. 

Ah, that explains it. My brother has type 1 as well. It's a lot for anyone to manage and I can imagine that it contributes to your daily stress as well as being affected by stress.

shutterstock139116683.thumb.jpg.f32c6a63c7c0e58fae789cc6e54f8140.jpg

Bare Minimum Training 

Jump Rope 

5x10 KB Swings 

5x5 Goblet Squats 

5x5 KB press 

3x5 bench press 115# 

Low back stretch 

Figure 4 

90 /90 

Pigeon pose 

I had to drag myself out of bed this morning but once I got started it was fine. After training I feel really good and energetic. Going to bump my protein up a little bit more and see if I can get to sleep earlier tonight. 

• Like 3

On 5/12/2020 at 2:41 AM, h3r0 said:

You know I had read that and it never really clicked with me but I just got back from my nightly walk with the Familia and I kept thinking about what you said and it really helped. I wasn't nearly as tense as I usually am. Thanks. 

Very glad to hear that :)

20 hours ago, h3r0 said:

After training I feel really good and energetic.

Awesome! I hope it sticks.

• Like 1

2023 goals tracker; cycling: 1047,7/5000km & reading to my kids: 58/365 days (updated may 1st)

1_mySR28XBkFxgFEfenqTc3g.thumb.jpeg.684fe60bd8a76d05f6a5f2a2771aea31.jpeg

Maximum Strength 

Jump Rope 

Hurdle mobility drill

5/3 Trap Bar Deadlift 235/265#

5/3 Bench Press 130/140#

5/3 OHP 100/115# 

Low back stretch 

Twists

90/90

Pigeon pose 

Upward dog 

I'm probably going to regret this later but I wanted to move some weight. 

• Like 4

1023763997_images(7).jpeg.de841f64c7a09b551e9843f864c37b4d.jpeg

5x10 KB Swings 

5 Half Get Ups per side 

90/90

Pigeon pose 

Kept it easy today, I'm actually a little sore from yesterday. 

So after all my complaining the swings are actually getting way easier. For next week I think I will increase frequency to every day and hold the volume for now. 

Happy Friday everyone! 

• Like 4

istockphoto-953980178-1024x1024.thumb.jpg.5241c40297b874a13a72ba29822bde67.jpg

KB Core 

Jump Rope 

Halos 

5x10 KB Swings 

5x10 goblet squats 

5x10 KB press 

2x5 Bench Press 120/130# 

Low back stretch 

90/90

Pigeon pose 

Upward dog 

Good training session. I experimented with a wider grip on the bench. I tend to keep my grip more narrow than it should be but I am used to it. It felt strong, but slightly awkward. 

I have been keeping up with the daily walks but it is pouring rain today so I don't know if I will today. I might cut my hair again we'll see. The barbers in town are now open but I am not comfortable with that just yet. 

In a sign of the times we have a drive by birthday later today. Should be fun if it doesn't rain. 

My son is getting his tonsils out Wednesday. Not looking forward to that. He had to get a covid test last week because of it, he really didn't enjoy that but at least that part is over. They will only let one parent come into the recovery room for the procedure so I will have to wait in the car. Going to be a long week. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, h3r0 said:

In a sign of the times we have a drive by birthday later today.

I'm not sure I'm envisioning exactly the event you intended...

2 hours ago, h3r0 said:

My son is getting his tonsils out Wednesday. Not looking forward to that. He had to get a covid test last week because of it, he really didn't enjoy that but at least that part is over. They will only let one parent come into the recovery room for the procedure so I will have to wait in the car. Going to be a long week. 

Oh, that's a bit crappy :( Best wishes for a smooth procedure and speedy recovery for him.

1 hour ago, Harriet said:

I'm not sure I'm envisioning exactly the event you intended...

No, it's what it sounds like. The birthday kid stands in their yard and people make signs etc and drive by honking and waving instead of a traditional party. I'm not sure if this is a new national thing or just something local people have been doing. Either way it has been pretty common lately for kids bummed out about not having a birthday party. 

1 hour ago, Harriet said:

Oh, that's a bit crappy :( Best wishes for a smooth procedure and speedy recovery for him.

Thanks! 

• Like 1

is-kettlebell-training-working.thumb.jpg.090a6c1e734098c323992e0750b271ac.jpg

PT 

5x10 KB Swings 

2x5 Bench Press 120/130# 

5 Half TGU

90/90

Pigeon pose 

Tired this morning but still got in a workout. I really need to get to bed earlier. 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, h3r0 said:

Tired this morning but still got in a workout. I really need to get to bed earlier. 

Lack of sleep is easily the biggest reason I skip workouts. So it impresses me when someone else does not. :) 

• Like 2

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scalyfreak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29; Ch 30; Ch 31; Ch 32; Ch 33; Ch 34; Ch 35; Ch 36; Ch 37; Ch 38; Ch 39; Ch 40; Intermission V; Ch 41; Ch 42; Ch 43; Ch 44; Ch 45; Ch 46; Ch 47; Intermission VI; Ch 48; Ch 49

good luck w/ the tonsil surgery tomorrow! I hope he does alright.

• Thanks 1

Current Challenge

# 39#38 | #37 | #36 | #35 |#34 | #33 | #32 | #31 | #30#29#28#27#26#25 | # 24 | #23#22#21 | #20 | #19 | #18 | #17#16#15#14 | #13 | #12 | #11 | #10#9#8 | #7 | #6 | #5 | #4 | #3 | #2#1 | Battle Log

Instagram | Goodreads

On 5/18/2020 at 2:38 PM, h3r0 said:

That sucks.. but hopefully everything went well?

On 5/18/2020 at 6:38 AM, h3r0 said:

How did it go?

1 hour ago, KB Girl said:

That sucks.. but hopefully everything went well?

39 minutes ago, Scalyfreak said:

How did it go?

Thanks everyone for checking on me!

The surgery went well. It took a lot longer than I expected but I got everyone home safe and sound. After sleeping off all of the drugs this afternoon he is hanging out eating a popsicle. Hopefully he will have a quick recovery. 

• Like 4