• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Quirky Quinn

Quinn dreams of the Mountains

Yay amazing, cant wait to get photos of the oven in your garden :D where did you get it from?

I dont have a big enough space obviously, one day maybe?! 

Hope the picnic was nice  for you and the family ❤️ xx

• Like 1

23 hours ago, deftona said:

Reveal hidden contents

I love how the initial response still wasn't to condemn Cummings' actions, but instead was to agree to RETROACTIVELY REFUND ALL THE FINES. Just baffling. This dude really knows where the bodies are buried. 

Enjoy your pizza oven! It's a great idea! 

They backed themselves into such a corner that they don’t know the way out and they wont be seen to be backing down.  I think official policy is to now ignore until it goes away.

20 hours ago, //Min said:

It sounds like you had a stressful time the past week! Relaxing to pizza in a beautiful garden sounds quite the ticket to just relaxing... What kind of pizza was it?

Well, we haven’t got the oven yet, its due sometime this week I think.  But for me pizzas need red onion and spice (usually jalapeño) anything else is either a bonus or not required!

14 hours ago, Ranger Hal said:

I hope you had a wonderful picnic!

We did thanks we found a wonderful spot and ate far too many carbs!

4 hours ago, Salinger said:

Yay amazing, cant wait to get photos of the oven in your garden :D where did you get it from?

I dont have a big enough space obviously, one day maybe?! 

Hope the picnic was nice  for you and the family ❤️ xx

The one we got is quite small, it fits one 12 inch pizza at a time but it only takes 2 mins to cook when its at full heat!  But we got it because it’s portable so we can take it on camping trips and things as well.  We got it from, believe it or not,  thepizzaovenshop.com!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

4D2B654B-A9DF-4DB9-A9C3-9767C68DB4D1.thumb.jpeg.1633e2416c3bbbd6a45a58af8d83d3ef.jpegWednesday

We had a lovely time at our picnic yesterday! We drove about 20 miles out from home into the Yorkshire Dales to a place called DeepDale and set up in a secluded spot next to the River Wharfe.  The weather was nice when we got there and we set up our blanket and picnic whilst LQ got straight on with getting into the water. We warned her to be careful, although the water was very shallow the rocks would be slippery and of course within maybe 1.5 minutes she’d managed to slip and soak herself wet through!  

So she came and sat with us while she dried off and we ate together.  I read a bit more of my book and then when LQ had dried off a bit we went for another adventure together!  She was enjoying walking down the river and emboldened by being able to grab hold of me whenever she felt like she was going to slip must’ve crossed the river about 100 times!  We got to a part of the river where the water drops under the ground and the river bed (at this time of year) is dry.  So we followed it further and it was very exciting to find where the water came back out from underground into a large pool!

We were there for about 4 hours.  It was brilliant but by the end it was starting to get a bit chilly so we decided to call it a day.

In the evening we had a really lasy one and I played some chess whilst MrsQ read.  Then we watched the first episode of Veep which we have been meaning to watch for ages!

Today, back in the garden to finish off the last bits before the weekend!

• Like 7
  • That's Metal 1

Well I've been enjoying the last few days of my holiday, back to work today.

As the world descends further into madness and anger all around us I'm grateful that I'm a spectator and not having to fight for my freedom/rights/liberty.  And I feel angry for those who don't have those fundamental rights as a given.  I need to do more.

But last week was good in my little world.  I enjoyed some time off and spent some lovely time with my family.  The weather was fantastic and the majority of the week was spent in the garden and it looks ace now.  Ready for a long summer spent at home (mostly).

I also went and did a walk in the Lake District.  I did the Fairfield Horseshoe https://www.walklakes.co.uk/walk_42.html.  I set off at 5.45am from home and was climbing the first hill an hour later.  I'll do a full write up in the walk forum at some point this week but it was a spectacular walk over 19km and 1020m of climbing when I finished 5.5 hours later I was absolutley shattered!

This was my view as I ate my lunch..

image.thumb.png.1208f572d6e6ba3511951380efe5a6ac.png

• Like 6

23 hours ago, Salinger said:

Wow QQ, thats one hell of a view :o 

How far are you from the lakes?

xx

We are about an hour from the lake district, it took an hour and a half to get to Ambleside where this walk started!

It was amazing!  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Quirky Quinn said:

We are about an hour from the lake district, it took an hour and a half to get to Ambleside where this walk started!

It was amazing!  

Oh my word, i just looked and i am an hour and 30 from there too 😮 maybe i could go soon !xx

• Like 2

Yesterday was back to work.  Work was fine, it was one of those days that was spent catching up and clearing out my email inbox after a week of neglect.  Out of about 500 emails sat in there about 6 were actually important.  Sifting through the shite is the hardest part!

The rest of the day was spent putting some month end reporting together and then I finished about 3 and we nipped off to collect our pizza oven which was ready for collection.

It was a cracking day again yesterday.  And it was nice to get out of the house and go for a drive.  We picked up the oven and I nipped out to get some wood and pizza ingredients, because of course I couldn't wait to play with my new toy!

The thing was really easy to use. I've never been one of these people who find it fun to muck about with fire but I found it really easy to do after watching the instructional video.  The pizza was bloody awesome!  Although we used shop bought bases because we didn't have time to make some dough they tasted really good cooked on the stone in the oven!  I'm looking forward to further experiments.

Then in the evening I played some chess and we watched John Oliver whilst browsing twitter and the news.  The world is truly a mess right now.  Every year we seem to say "well that was a shitshow year, next year must be better" and it somehow manages to be way worse.  At the current rate if you extrapolate out how bad each year is we are going to end up collectively spontaneously combusting as a species by the year 2023.

image.thumb.png.6e94ba31faac39d49ddf78778fb0d2b8.pngimage.thumb.png.8bb7853aff096826ca614b6e798c5e4c.png

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Quirky Quinn said:

At the current rate if you extrapolate out how bad each year is we are going to end up collectively spontaneously combusting as a species by the year 2023.

OH FINALLY, SWEET RELIEF. 

The pizza oven looks cool! Can you use it as a tandoor I wonder, and cook indian style meats?

• Like 3

Just now, deftona said:

OH FINALLY, SWEET RELIEF. 

The pizza oven looks cool! Can you use it as a tandoor I wonder, and cook indian style meats?

Yes, I'm looking forward to Tandoori-ing up some chicken and making some naan breads.  It came with a little booklet of suggested foods in there and even suggested roasting your Sunday dinner in there!

• Like 1
  • That's Metal 1

Hey QQ morning. 

The pizza oven is brilliant, i love it :) looks like a big garden too :D

Hows the week going for you?xx

I've been adjusting to life back at work (still from home) and it's been difficult to get back into my routine.  

I've been contesting with month end reporting so that has had me busy and I've been getting through stuff but I've also been eating like a dustbin and have done 0 exercise.

Part of the reason for that is that I've ripped the sole off my running shoes and can't go to the shop to get some more.  I could order some online but I don't like getting any type of footwear online because I have oddly sized feet and depending on the shoe type go from a 10-12 in sizing.  I think that is a bit of an excuse though if I really wanted to get out there and run I'd find a way.

Urgh. 

I think if I get chance today I'll go back and look at some old challenges when I was being consistent and see if I can garner some motivation from there..

• Like 3

Sorry to here that, being stuck in rut sucks :( I hope you find your motivation back. Something that helps me is to think back to why I started in the first place. Cheering you on!  

• Like 2

Good idea to go look at past challenges QQ...hoping it helps. 

Im lacking in motivation today, maybe the drop in good weather too...? Sending love xx

• Like 1

23 hours ago, //Min said:

Sorry to here that, being stuck in rut sucks :( I hope you find your motivation back. Something that helps me is to think back to why I started in the first place. Cheering you on!  

16 hours ago, Salinger said:

Good idea to go look at past challenges QQ...hoping it helps. 

Im lacking in motivation today, maybe the drop in good weather too...? Sending love xx

Thanks guys.

I don't know if its that I'm stuck in a rut, I feel fine, I'm being productive.  I just have 0 motivation to exercise and eat well!

I think having last week off work means getting back into the swing of things is taking all my focus..

• Like 2

See the source image

What my motivation levels have looked like since lockdown began!

Everything is so up and down.  I will have good days and weeks and then abjectly bad days and weeks with no real trigger, that I can see, for why.

Yesterday was a decent day, I had a good busy day a t work and took my first baby steps towards not being a bum by sticking to my 3 square meals a day rule with no snacking.  This is a start and is a prelude to then looking to put healthier options on my plate during those meal times, but baby steps!

I still did no exercise, I think I am going to have to bite the bullet and order some running shoes online or else by the time the shops open I'll be the belly off the old reebok adverts.

• Like 3

First of all, I meant to tell you that your mountain walk was incredible. I LOVE That vista! wow so beautiful.  I LOVE how you share hikes. ty

anyways. yeah the fight is SO real.  I feel like a lot of time bad days tend to follow each other; and motivation can be SO hard to find; day after agonizing day.  workout after workout.

then,

all is better with the world and I find myself on track.  Alas that , right now at least, I'm struggling.  but we rangers, we never quit! right?

regarding the SHOES... somehow its seems much harder to run in "street shoes"... but. I have done it! in fact I've even run in boots.

I figure that if your running shoes are pretty worn down like mine are; maybe there's not that much difference

but I urge you to consider running anyways.  the determination to run will carry over; when you are able to replace the shoe and again get a little extra spring (and cushion!) at each step.  IMHO; you should just take it easy with distance and pace if your running in something besides running shoes....

• Like 1

Ah sorry, maybe rut wasn't the right word. But I hope you're feeling better today! Sometimes it takes a while to get out of those weird feelings. 

On 6/5/2020 at 3:45 PM, TGP said:

First of all, I meant to tell you that your mountain walk was incredible. I LOVE That vista! wow so beautiful.  I LOVE how you share hikes. ty

anyways. yeah the fight is SO real.  I feel like a lot of time bad days tend to follow each other; and motivation can be SO hard to find; day after agonizing day.  workout after workout.

then,

all is better with the world and I find myself on track.  Alas that , right now at least, I'm struggling.  but we rangers, we never quit! right?

regarding the SHOES... somehow its seems much harder to run in "street shoes"... but. I have done it! in fact I've even run in boots.

I figure that if your running shoes are pretty worn down like mine are; maybe there's not that much difference

but I urge you to consider running anyways.  the determination to run will carry over; when you are able to replace the shoe and again get a little extra spring (and cushion!) at each step.  IMHO; you should just take it easy with distance and pace if your running in something besides running shoes....

Thanks TGP!

I am not going to run in street shoes, I don't want to risk injury and the shops should be open again next week to go and get some.  In the meantime I'm just going to do some bodyweight stuff at home and walk.

Hopefully I will get there with that!

On 6/7/2020 at 4:39 AM, //Min said:

Ah sorry, maybe rut wasn't the right word. But I hope you're feeling better today! Sometimes it takes a while to get out of those weird feelings. 

It's all good!  I just need to get going again!

• Like 1