• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Heidi

Heidi: Endings

Screen+Shot+2020-05-03+at+12.44.55+PM.pn

There are so many endings to this Challenge, loose ends to be tied up and slates to be swept clean to make way for the next part of the Journey to be revealed. 

Things for the coming few weeks that are Known (bold items are for the MFA):

*Response papers May any-minute-now (done! May 7)

*Pick up Jeep from repair May 15th-ish (done! 5/8)

*Move to Sabattical House May 15-30 done! 5/15)

*Thesis edits in format for binding May 22 (done! 5/22)

*Thesis reading 5/18 (done!)

*Craft Seminar presentation May 19 (done! 5/19)

*Proposal: Ethics, Identity, and the Modern City June 1 (yeah, might not do this.)

Jeep Stuff: (done! 5/8)

Registration

Insurance

Plates

Things that would be super helpful:

*Storage unit divestment of furniture (done! 5/8)

*Finding personal documents and Footlocker in the storage unit mountain (Footlocker, yes; documents, no 😔)

*Query letter to Folio agent (done! 5/4)

I'll be on Sabbatical over the summer, and am actively not making plans for whatever might happen after May 24. I'm making myself available to receive an invitation from the Universe, and though I have no idea what form it will take, I do believe one is in the making.

Perhaps I'll read books and write, do figure modeling and cemetery walks, a bit of a retreat and rest.

• Like 7
  • Wow 1

I know: I have a bunch of things I'm supposed to be doing. But I've just started rereading American Gods (how can it have been 20 years?) and I'm loving it.

Also, I'm available for Druid-level guidance.

For real. Talking by Zoom, weekly-ish (determined by your preference and where you are). 

If you're ready to unfuck your life, drop me a line.

You are not alone.

• Like 6
  • That's Metal 1

25 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

So glad to be following your thread.

Very pleased to have your company, as always, but especially now.

Welcome, Friend.

❣️

• Like 1

If you're ready to unfuck your life, drop me a line.

You are not alone.

Oh!  Um, hi.  Yes, I'd be interested in that chat.  Not that my life is deeply fucked up, but ...it's an ever-ongoing quest, right?  New teachers are always appreciated.  

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Zaphine said:

Oh!  Um, hi.  Yes, I'd be interested in that chat.  Not that my life is deeply fucked up, but ...it's an ever-ongoing quest, right?  New teachers are always appreciated.  

12 hours ago, darkfoxx said:

Happy to be following again and am always down for a chat, time zones allowing. 

Choose a time on the calendar that works for you!

https://counseling.philosophyworks.us/

Y'all.

I just wrote and submitted my query letter, book proposal included, to an agent at Folio.

Think good publishing thoughts for me!

Thank you in advance. 

❤️ 

• Like 4

17 hours ago, darkfoxx said:

Happy to be following again and am always down for a chat, time zones allowing. 

Also, feel free to tell me when is best for you -- I can add availability as needed. 😎

• Like 1

Hello Heidi! I was thinking good publishing thoughts though forgot to say so :) Going to keep at it because it will probably take time until you hear from the publisher?

Also, how cool that there is a profession 'philosophical consultant'! I wish you lots of luck :)

I have used philosophy to make sense of the world as young as I can remember (have had tons of exposure to it because of interested family members). 

There is only so much you can read and think about on your own when your (carreer) interests lie elsewhere though. There are very few works of philosophers I have read in whole if at all, mostly bits and bobs and often from secondary sources. I will keep your website in mind!

• Like 1

Who needs yeast?

The sourdough starter was ready, so I whipped up a batch of whole wheat bread. I love working with
 sourdough -- the texture is soothing and centering, and the Tang is a comfort as my it's released during kneading.

Letting it cool completely is the hardest step.IMG_20200505_195651_872.jpg

IMG_20200505_192058_749.jpg

IMG_20200505_174058_195.jpg

IMG_20200505_133234_809.jpg

• Like 4

That bread looks awesome. Loving that so many people have taken to baking during this current life situation - such an interesting undertaking given the significance of baking throughout human history and how quickly it gets abandoned when conveniences are readily available. 

Sending good publishing vibes your way!

• Like 2

Having survived the perpetuity of March and come through the Pink eon of April, the age of May seems to be whizzing by.

• Like 1

Here for this as usual, dear friend. Might have to take you up on that "get in touch" offer too.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, DarK_RaideR said:

Here for this as usual, dear friend. Might have to take you up on that "get in touch" offer too.

Always good to have you along.

My door is open.

There is tea.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

One of my hopes is for Sra. Tanque and I to share tea with you.

Yes, this would be lovely.

Perhaps we should all zip away to the Parthenon, though with Little Bit we might need convene closer to your manse.

Tea together would be Just Right, no matter where we choose.

• Like 2

Guess who's street legal again?

And, from the #CouldNotMakeThisUp files, guess what blasted through the speakers as I turned the key:

• Like 1
  • That's Metal 2