• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Salinger

Salinger's thirty first challenge!

17 hours ago, Salinger said:

THEN on Wednesday im supposed to be delivering food packages for the vulnerable, volunteering for the council. 4 or 5 hours of driving round Manchester. 

What a great thing to do!

Have a wonderful day!

• Like 1

Hey all. 11.15am, cloudy outside. 

Slept in this morn till 10 !!!! madness. 

I was meant to be doing the food deliveries today but they had too many drivers (for once they said haha) so i didnt need to go in, will go next week instead. 

SO i need to really clean/tidy today and tomorrow. 

I can take it easy as i have two days to do this...i want to clear up so its tidy for the weekend. 

These are tasks for the next two days ....

- Take medication

- Repot cucumber and pepper plants

- Water plants

- Take bins out

- Clean kitchen (wash dishes, wipe surfaces)

- Sort out boxes for the tip

- Go to the tip

- Fold clothes and put away

- Put a clothes wash on 

- Track food

- Sort out desk, tidy up

- Have a shower

- Sort Jacksons litter tray

Will add to it if i think of things. Im already tired looking at the list hahahaahah

xx

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, Salinger said:

And I was like "What those plants did?" And then re-read the list entry... 🤦‍♂️

• Haha 2

Heyy all, 6am morning!

Yesterday was sort of a write off, i lazed about a lot...didnt do much at all. 

- Take medication

- Water plants

- Take bins out

- Go to the tip

- Put a clothes wash on 

- Track food

- Sort out desk, tidy up

- Have a shower

That is literally it haha

So i continue with the list today... and its the last day i have to DO this. I also need to go to the shops for milk!

I can take my time though, get through the list. It will be fine im sure. 

Then tomorrow at midday, im going to a meeting to work on a website. And then Saturday i have a date.... fuck fuck fuck aaahahahahha

Trying not to PANIC too much. Hard though haha

*breathe*

xx

• Like 5

ok ... so far. (its 3.30pm) 

-  Take medication

- Water plants

- Take bins out

- Go to the tip

- Put a clothes wash on 

- Track food

- Sort out desk, tidy up

- Have a shower

Barely a thing done. I got a new air freshener which smells lovely though :)

Waiting for clothes wash to finish so i can put it out to dry...

Apart from that ive been a lazy idiot. 

Will try do better this eve. Still time to sort things. xx

• Like 3

When I find myself wondering how I didn't get anything done during a day I find that just doing a slow and steady, one thing at a time, don't think just do mindset can really help. Do one thing, just one thing and when it is done don't sit down ask yourself "What can I do next?" Chances are, you will have a list of what needs to be done next that can feel overwhelming. But again, take one thing (doesn't matter at all what it is), do it with attention and care, and the ask yourself "What's next?"

Break it down and don't let yourself get caught up in what has priority or how the list is never ending. It doesn't matter what you do as long as you do something. Next thing you know your list is done and "What next?" becomes "Read a good book" or "Sit on the couch petting Jackson"

I know it is easier said than done, but the first step is easy: Do one thing. The next step then becomes easy as well: Do one more thing. The hard part is to keep it slow and deliberate.

Best of luck and remember that the person you are going on the date with on Saturday is likely just as close to panicking about it as you!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GoodDoug said:

When I find myself wondering how I didn't get anything done during a day I find that just doing a slow and steady, one thing at a time, don't think just do mindset can really help. Do one thing, just one thing and when it is done don't sit down ask yourself "What can I do next?" Chances are, you will have a list of what needs to be done next that can feel overwhelming. But again, take one thing (doesn't matter at all what it is), do it with attention and care, and the ask yourself "What's next?"

Break it down and don't let yourself get caught up in what has priority or how the list is never ending. It doesn't matter what you do as long as you do something. Next thing you know your list is done and "What next?" becomes "Read a good book" or "Sit on the couch petting Jackson"

I know it is easier said than done, but the first step is easy: Do one thing. The next step then becomes easy as well: Do one more thing. The hard part is to keep it slow and deliberate.

Best of luck and remember that the person you are going on the date with on Saturday is likely just as close to panicking about it as you!

Thank you Doug, took your advice and got more done :)

Yes maybe shes panicking too haha silly really, but normal i know xx

• Like 2

Morning all. 6am here. 

Had some disappointing news last night. The girl isnt coming over tomorrow now :(  she says she is panicking a bit about this virus stuff and having to get a train. Which is understandable, but then i suggested i could pick her up (40mins away) and she said can we meet next week instead...

I dont see how a week later will be any different? She said she will make a face mask etc. 

I dont know, maybe its because im negative a lot of the time, but i just feel shes messing me about a bit. And she will never want to meet up. 

Anyway, oh well :( 

Today i have two meetings. Im tired. Worn out. 

But the meetings should be fine and good distraction! xx

• Like 3

Hi yesterday was good, worked really hard. Made a lot of good progress. Then drank too much!

But hey ho, today ive napped and READ :D 

Reading this...

104279648_568887370665387_6573675354071031053_n.jpg?_nc_cat=101&_nc_sid=b96e70&_nc_oc=AQmNC6bjg5HpfxkTEMummlNriFVEytRpXimK7EtICb9hGfg1nUFfFLSTZUSNKydVv8o&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr8-1.xx&oh=b96f9b1e36f76489f78a3d05f8fa57d8&oe=5F08B3A6

Its very good so far, enjoying it and really nice to be able to read for more than 5 mins!!! Lying on my bed relaxing ....

Ive just ordered a curry which i cant wait to arrive. 

Tomorrow i will try to sort through some work, do some tidying, clothes wash, read, sort stuff for new challenge, walk somewhere.

Trying to keep distracted and fine xx

• Like 1

Morning all. 5.15am ... looking at the weather, meant to be good now for a week. Sunny, warm (ish) 22/23C.

Last night my mum text me asking if i could go to theirs today, as she is having to go on a work course early on Monday morning, and will be there all day. And as my dad isnt that well, they need someone to walk the dogs and make sure he is ok. 

So ill be driving back later this afternoon. 

I am looking forward to seeing them of course, BUT, i kind of want to just be alone for a bit, but it will be fine and nice. Ill take my laptop so i can work tomorrow, and my book... will be nice to sit in their amazing garden and read, in the sun!! 

Will be exercising too, with the dogs. So hoping this kick starts me moving more....

Today:

- Take medication 

- Fill up pill box

- Clean kitchen

- Put bins out

- Water the plants

- Pack for home

- Sort out logo for project

- Email artists for Transmission

- Drive home (3/4pm) 

- Have a bath

- Read

This should be an ok day! AND will make new challenge also...

xx

• Like 3

On 6/12/2020 at 6:26 AM, SkyGirl said:
On 6/11/2020 at 4:34 PM, Salinger said:

Apart from that ive been a lazy idiot.

07214983fcbf941deca6b5326d2e38e8.jpg 

46705561_202164374058654_6555735381152128329_n.jpg

On 6/12/2020 at 7:03 AM, Salinger said:

I dont see how a week later will be any different? She said she will make a face mask etc. 

I dont know, maybe its because im negative a lot of the time, but i just feel shes messing me about a bit. And she will never want to meet up. 

You can't control what she does or doesn't do. You can only control what you do. 

It's not necessarily a sign she is messing with you. Now, if she reschedules more times then maybe. Some people are just disorganised or postpone things they are nervous about. Also, I can understand wanting to come and go yourself. It's one thing to meet a person, it's a whole other thing to be stuck in a car with them right off the bat.

I like that you take days to rest.

• Like 2