• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Salinger

Salinger's thirty first challenge!

13 minutes ago, Salinger said:

I ordered some sketching pencils and pad, think i might start to try and draw a bit. A few Rangers are doing so, and i should try, even though im not great at it!! xx

I mean you are the artist so this might be plainly obvious but sometimes I find it really helpful to find something that requires concentration but not too much thought. One day I'll show you pictures of some of the quilts I've made lol.

Here for you Lizz. 

• Like 1
  • That's Metal 1

2 hours ago, Salinger said:

I ordered some sketching pencils and pad, think i might start to try and draw a bit. A few Rangers are doing so, and i should try, even though im not great at it!! xx

Hey!

wait a minute!?  that's my line.  You can't just USE it (silly 🤪)  you have to quote me

"…. though I'm not great at it! (TGPTM)"

there! FTFY

----

anyways. Go for it!  

tell you the truth I might have peeked at how to improve in sketching. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, jonfirestar said:

I mean you are the artist so this might be plainly obvious but sometimes I find it really helpful to find something that requires concentration but not too much thought. One day I'll show you pictures of some of the quilts I've made lol.

Here for you Lizz. 

Thanks for the reminder Jon!! Love you xx

7 hours ago, TGP said:

Hey!

wait a minute!?  that's my line.  You can't just USE it (silly 🤪)  you have to quote me

"…. though I'm not great at it! (TGPTM)"

there! FTFY

----

anyways. Go for it!  

tell you the truth I might have peeked at how to improve in sketching. 

HAHAH :P

Im excited to start some drawing. My friend in New York (an artist/curator too) wants to get back at sketching also, so we have decided to do a drawing per day. And we have a list of prompts. (like self portrait, portrait of our parents, hands, houseplant) etc

Hoping the pencils arrive today, but i think it will be tomorrow now...

In other news, my film for the polaroid should come today. and i will try it out with the timer, i need to find the instructions as im unsure how to use it but its quite exciting if i can get it to work. I have a new idea about daily polaroids and creating a sort of mental health diary. It may not go anywhere.... but its an initial idea. 

Remember that proposal i posted about last challenge? Where i was to research Day of the Triffids and stuff?? Well i find out today if i was chosen. I feel a bit sick, cos i want it so much!!! Cross everything for me ! (even though they already know who is chosen haha) 

So list - 

- Take medication

- Look at instructions for Polaroid and test timer

- Start to plan daily archive project

- List of ongoing projects

- Kettlebell workout

- Water the plants

- Work on video commission

- Email about commission payment

- Find risotto rice (!) 

- Have a bath

- Watch a film (if in the mood) 

Kind of a busy day! So will take it easy, nap if needed...

xx

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Quirky Quinn said:

Good luck, I hope it goes your way!

And can't wait to see your artwork!

Im not very good, but i will practice and share :) xx

Hi all. 11am here, what a morning.... drank a lot of tea and been listening to podcasts.

'What was it like to be a woman making art during the feminist and civil rights movements? In this season of Recording Artists, host Helen Molesworth delves into the lives and careers of six women artists spanning several generations. Hear them describe, in their own words, their work, relationships, and feelings about the ongoing march of feminism.'

Absolutely brilliant, inspiring. ❤️

Feeling pretty good, hope it lasts xx

• Like 2

Hi my polaroid film is here, and im working...

The new project idea is quite interesting i think... I will be posing like models do in Vogue... all about self image/self esteem/self loathing. 

What am i trying to say here? Im unsure yet but it will come.. :)

No pencils yet but out for delivery apparently so should be able to draw later a bit! xx

• Like 1

VOGUE

A series of Polaroid photographs, posing in front of the camera. Taking inspiration from stances from fashion magazines I will try to enact them with my socially unacceptable body.

I will explore the resentment towards my ‘self’, and respond to the loathing through these poses. 

I am using a Polaroid as the image is instant and unfiltered. It cannot be altered.

This is what i have jotted down :) done the first 'pose'...its developing eeeek x

• Like 2

Just now, loire said:

I LOVE your creativity Sal!!  Can't wait to see what you come up with!!

Awwww thank you Loire... im having a real creative day, just riding that wave :) xx

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Maggie-Miau said:

Your idea sounds so great! Very tasteful and artistic!

Thank you Mia, very kind of you ! xx

_______

First pose done... 

95953561_192682721716357_4196719463837466624_n.jpg?_nc_cat=104&_nc_sid=b96e70&_nc_oc=AQlZecI2f3hELHjBdQFjwMbEOw_S-hGflSzenuouC-0xBEtr9GqZdNIrDzv-LzOWmwI&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr8-1.xx&_nc_tp=6&oh=eb29f7eab6a52a74e96309f7b2c3d2b7&oe=5ED75351

Really pleased... !!! Excited to work on this more :)

I LOVE ART xx

• Like 3

Ive done 5 VOGUE shots :) pleased with 3 or 4... one is a bit rubbish due to distance from camera but its fine. 

Also did my sketch. Have to do AT LEAST one per day. I enjoyed it. Took maybe 10 mins? Its me and my dad on the beach when im a baby. Both squinting into the sun. 

96011866_3269010196658501_7011433990737362944_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_sid=b96e70&_nc_oc=AQnABbtZ5BX_N9_QnO9FzVJ6HcSgAmU2rH5CX2f4YVLcJAeCbRsT9ClBJkmEIA3lliM&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.xx&_nc_tp=7&oh=75528a8f1004d26c2e4ebc37f4a081f1&oe=5ED8F7FA

My artist friend said i have a unique and exquisite style to my drawing... wow... thats pretty good praise isnt it hahahah

x

• Like 2
  • That's Metal 1

Hey all. Well its been a good day FULL of creative projects. Photography, performance, sketching...

I have been a little manic, working quickly and intensely. But im not going to berate myself. 

Lets look at the list...

- Take medication

- Look at instructions for Polaroid and test timer

- Start to plan daily archive project

- List of ongoing projects

- Kettlebell workout

- Water the plants

- Work on video commission

- Email about commission payment

- Find risotto rice (!) 

- Have a bath

- Watch a film (if in the mood) 

So i didnt do any video work today BUT of course, i did a lot of other projects. 

I didnt look for the rice, had pasta for dinner instead, will look tomorrow. 

Didnt even go into the yard, again will have to do that tomorrow. 

Kettlebell...*sigh* - i kept saying i didnt have time, didnt want to stop the flow of working. I think if this will work, it needs to be done earlier, before work begins. Will try doing it early. I just get so carried away, its like im on drugs when im creative. 

I just had a nice bath - its 10pm. Ill go to bed soon probably. xx

• Like 4

Hey all, 8.30 am . Freezing in the flat but looks warmer outside, i should sit in the yard for a bit.... i need to water the plants for sure. 

Im tired today, didnt sleep THAT well. Kept waking through the night. 

Not as manic this morning. Prob due to tiredness!!

To do list:

- Take medication 

- Water the plants 

- Find risotto rice

- Kettlebell workout

- Work on proposal

- Do the daily drawing (self portrait today) 

- Learn something (art podcast/art reading/art documentary)

- Clean / tidy the kitchen

- Change Jacksons litter

- Make ristotto

- Relax (watch a film, nap, read)

Ok so busy but i doubt it will be as full on as yesterday was! Just judging by my mood this morning! Im not feeling low, just more tired and slower. 

I want to have a good day though again, so will do my best. xx

• Like 1

Done my daily drawing. Did a self portait (from one of the Vogue shots) and my dad.

96286431_847635432425065_1839111202374942720_n.jpg?_nc_cat=110&_nc_sid=b96e70&_nc_oc=AQmYEL2uYVBGeMFWmQYJ4FhVlUZUHXeJMbQ6WF-rUn18l3U98O11oeYWp41aKLU01zY&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr8-1.xx&_nc_tp=6&oh=a7f72e5829eaaee57ca386a855e570df&oe=5ED95208   96518724_653007288591572_4308528410423984128_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_sid=b96e70&_nc_oc=AQl8MRdFKzdmtsFMAusC30R2YAMl-woGKyc6bhIP8qZF6Ec2IqLYFHZ-QvR2xeZo-og&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.xx&_nc_tp=6&oh=e7cfeed1e8c61f077450d1e560d9a348&oe=5ED7FE10

im pleased with them... just need to keep practising :)

I should now water the plants!!!! xx

• Like 1
  • That's Metal 1

Hi Salinger, read your initial post and I can't resist giving you a big hug (⊃。•́‿•̀。)⊃ 

I really like the style and cross hatching in the pic you drew of you and your father squinting at the beach. The time stamps with the chop used on your other pieces are also cute and a clever idea! 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, //Min said:

Hi Salinger, read your initial post and I can't resist giving you a big hug (⊃。•́‿•̀。)⊃ 

I really like the style and cross hatching in the pic you drew of you and your father squinting at the beach. The time stamps with the chop used on your other pieces are also cute and a clever idea! 

Thank you Min ❤️ xx

• Like 1

I slept great last night and I am ALSO feeling lethargic and in a fog so... ??? WTF SLEEP?? Ugghhh... The past few days I've slept like crap and have felt I had more energy in the morning. HOWWWwww??

I love the shading on your latest drawings, the heavy pencil is really stark and awesome :D

Cold here too, yuck..

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, loire said:

I slept great last night and I am ALSO feeling lethargic and in a fog so... ??? WTF SLEEP?? Ugghhh... The past few days I've slept like crap and have felt I had more energy in the morning. HOWWWwww??

I love the shading on your latest drawings, the heavy pencil is really stark and awesome :D

Cold here too, yuck..

Maybe too much sleep? I dont know, its crazy haha

Thanks Loire, appreciate that :) xx

your sketches are LIT Sal, VERY cool!

One thing at a time and good luck with your list today! You Can Do It! *Pom POms*

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Maggie-Miau said:

your sketches are LIT Sal, VERY cool!

One thing at a time and good luck with your list today! You Can Do It! *Pom POms*

Thanks Mia :) very kind of you to say ❤️ xx

_________

Lets see how i am getting on...its 5.30pm. ALREADY. 

- Take medication 

- Water the plants 

- Find risotto rice

- Kettlebell workout

- Work on proposal

- Do the daily drawing (self portrait today) 

- Learn something (art podcast/art reading/art documentary)

- Clean / tidy the kitchen

- Change Jacksons litter

- Make ristotto

- Relax (watch a film, nap, read)

I didnt do KB workout but went for a 30 min walk round the block instead due to the weather being nice :) got a sweat on as some annoying hills round here :P

I found some risotto rice yay so i will make that later this eve. Just roasting some sweet potato now!

I watched an art documentary (40 mins) and a podcast on video installations. Right up my street!

Cleaned a bit etc. Watered the plants and sat outside for an hour. 

Soooo...not much else on the list to do. Make food, i will in an hour or so. And then relax, which is difficult for me to do. As you all know. 

I might be having a video chat with my friends in Ireland later.. im unsure. Will find out. 

xx

19 hours ago, Salinger said:

i kept saying i didnt have time, didnt want to stop the flow of working. I think if this will work, it needs to be done earlier, before work begins. Will try doing it early. I just get so carried away, its like im on drugs when im creative. 

This is why my workouts are the first thing I do in the mornings.  

12 minutes ago, Salinger said:

I didnt do KB workout but went for a 30 min walk round the block instead due to the weather being nice :) got a sweat on as some annoying hills round here :P

Getting out is definitely a feat these days

Love the sketches!!

• Like 1

yeah

feeling for you ❤️

be good to yourself (and safe) ... you'll get through this!

• Like 3