Salinger's thirty first challenge!

2 hours ago, Novaurora said:

I'm sorry you didn't get it.  Just remember that that result does not dictate your worth as a person or artist!

I Agree With Nova ™️

sending you all the very biggest hugs right now Sal. I'm sorry you didn't get it. I don't want to say "but" as a way of invalidating your disappointment- because it is valid and your feelings are all valid -but, at the same time do look at all the amazing work you've up to recently, and try to remember that there will be more opportunities in the future. you are an excellent artist and nothing changes that.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, TGP said:

yeah

feeling for you ❤️

be good to yourself (and safe) ... you'll get through this!

Thanks Jason x

5 hours ago, loire said:

Keep breathing.

You will be ok. ❤️❤️ 

Thank you Loire x

5 hours ago, Novaurora said:

I'm sorry you didn't get it.  Just remember that that result does not dictate your worth as a person or artist!

Good reminder, thank you x

2 hours ago, Maggie-Miau said:

I Agree With Nova ™️

sending you all the very biggest hugs right now Sal. I'm sorry you didn't get it. I don't want to say "but" as a way of invalidating your disappointment- because it is valid and your feelings are all valid -but, at the same time do look at all the amazing work you've up to recently, and try to remember that there will be more opportunities in the future. you are an excellent artist and nothing changes that.

Aw thanks Mia... you are right ❤️ x

Morning all. 5.30am :o cant sleep much. SO i got up. Ive opened the curtains and its slowly getting  light outside and i can hear bird song, which is nice. Its very quiet apart from the birds and the tapping of my keyboard. 

I did a little drawing this morning, a study of my friend Adam. 

96156063_241336476954269_2913483471739420672_n.jpg?_nc_cat=100&_nc_sid=b96e70&_nc_oc=AQnQSnp5EWZ0OV7wdxReMSZiO3l47o1zhOT-fcdDxUyAi_0i_wHPAJoN1rOoCrsXJV4&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.xx&_nc_tp=6&oh=d8a3fd4c311abf1c4a9947e9b93af4ae&oe=5ED96219

I think i will do a couple more of him. His cool beard haha

Nice way to start the day anyway, a cup of tea and a drawing...!

Regarding the rejection, thanks for your lovely comments. It was a searing disappointment, but i think im over it now, and actually think ill send the same/similar work to another open call i found. So...cross everything for THIS one. 

This just goes to show the difference in how i deal with things. I CAN move on from it quickly and put myself out there for opportunities. 

I suppose that shows a bit of strength in my character. 

Today...

- Take medication

- Kettlebell workout or walk/cycle

- Work on proposal for FVU

- Do the daily drawing (Adam's portrait today) 

- Learn something (art podcast/art reading/art documentary)

- Promote Transmission opening 

- Keep kitchen clean

- Eat leftover ristotto

- Relax (watch a film, nap, read)

I dont think i mentioned last night after the rejection came? I made risotto which was bloody amazing. And i have leftovers for today! Then i really wanted a drink but instead i had juice and went to bed early. Was a good decision. I will be drinking on Friday with my friends (socially distant of course) so, dont want to drink for no reason. And would have been so easy to get drunk and blame it on the rejection. 

Anyway...hoping its a decent day!!! xx

• Like 7
5 minutes ago, Salinger said:

I dont think i mentioned last night after the rejection came? I made risotto which was bloody amazing. And i have leftovers for today! Then i really wanted a drink but instead i had juice and went to bed early. Was a good decision. I will be drinking on Friday with my friends (socially distant of course) so, dont want to drink for no reason. And would have been so easy to get drunk and blame it on the rejection. 

71235f548f9b1458a5cba646ac09e2b9.gif

I am so proud of you.  ❤️ 

Others will see and appreciate your work because it's brilliant. I'm glad you gave yourself time to feel bad but am also so glad you have hope for the next time. You are amazing and you rock.  ❤️ 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, SkyGirl said:

I am so proud of you.  ❤️ 

Others will see and appreciate your work because it's brilliant. I'm glad you gave yourself time to feel bad but am also so glad you have hope for the next time. You are amazing and you rock.  ❤️ 

Thank you Sky, i really love your support. 

Yes, thank you, i do think it is good work, and jeeez, i have lots of shows/opportunities coming up so... i need to calm it. I cant be awarded EVERYthing i apply for - even the greats were/are rejected now and again. 

You rock too, you know :D xx

• Like 1

Sorry to hear about the application Sal,

Well done on having the insight and attitude to just brush off and go again!

It sucks when we don't get what we really wanted but bouncing back, and moving onto the next opportunity is by far the best reaction!  

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, Quirky Quinn said:

Sorry to hear about the application Sal,

Well done on having the insight and attitude to just brush off and go again!

It sucks when we don't get what we really wanted but bouncing back, and moving onto the next opportunity is by far the best reaction!  

Thanks QQ ❤️ x

7 hours ago, Salinger said:

This just goes to show the difference in how i deal with things. I CAN move on from it quickly and put myself out there for opportunities. 

Yaaas girl!  Get it!

You are really doing some great positive coping.  Love it!!

• Like 4
10 hours ago, Salinger said:

I CAN move on from it quickly and put myself out there for opportunities. 

You should print this out as a quote and post it somewhere you can see it every day

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Novaurora said:

Yaaas girl!  Get it!

You are really doing some great positive coping.  Love it!!

Thank you Nova ❤️ 

11 minutes ago, GoodDoug said:

You should print this out as a quote and post it somewhere you can see it every day

Thanks GD! Good to see you as well ❤️

________

Hey all.... mad day, drawing/sketching, lots of tea, lunch of paté on crusty bread and a small salad, art podcasts, music, therapy and a special delivery.....

Therapy was brilliant, we laughed a LOT which was good for me. We just get on so so well. He is excellent. We also discussed my drawing and why im doing it, so interesting what came out of that. .. exciting too. Ideas brewing for new projects :)

Exhausted afterwards though, like i always am!

THEN i got a special delivery :o my friend works for a place called Koffee Pot, in town. They are doing DIY burger boxes and she sent me one :D 

EXaEEsbXkAMprY_?format=jpg&name=medium    EVF_8ekX0AESuQP?format=jpg&name=small

**not my photos**

But on the left, thats exactly what arrived woooooooo cant wait. Weekend dinner sorted :D

xx

• Like 5
19 hours ago, Salinger said:

It absolutely DOES, fellow Hex Witch ❤️

SO looking forward to seeing all your food photos!!  You are KILLING IT OK???

• Like 1

Hey all, just a quick one. I’m ok, had the launch of the gallery last night and had some beers and chatted to friends ...

will respond properly and update properly this afternoon 💙 

but yes - I’m ok. Had a little down period but not too awful. Now to drink some tea!!!!x

• Like 4
On 5/8/2020 at 12:58 AM, loire said:

It absolutely DOES, fellow Hex Witch ❤️

SO looking forward to seeing all your food photos!!  You are KILLING IT OK???

heheh :)

THANK YOU Loire <3 xx

On 5/8/2020 at 1:25 AM, Maggie-Miau said:

How we doin, Sal? What a great box you were sent! I hope the burgers are super tasty! ❤️

Im sure they will be, im making them tonight i think !!! xx

On 5/8/2020 at 1:40 PM, Novaurora said:

Those burgers look amazing!  What a great friend!

Im really lucky :) xx

19 hours ago, aramis said:

Hey Liz, how's your day?

Hope you are too busy with being creative to post here. 

Hugs!

Busy and tired :) xx

19 hours ago, TGP said:

:ph34r:

Lurking but not finding... like aramis, I'm hoping you are having a good day?

Its ok Jason <3 xx

13 hours ago, GoodDoug said:

We need burger pictures at some point so we can all feel madly jealous...

Will definitely take snaps later of them!! xx

6 hours ago, //Min said:

The food looks amazing, pardon while I get my drool bucket... Hope they are as tasty as they look! XD

I hope they do also :D xx

4 hours ago, Quirky Quinn said:

I hope you're enjoying the sunshine Sal!

A little QQ, are you?xx

Hey all, thanks so much for all the lovely comments. 

Last night was fun, launched the website/online gallery https://www.transmissionart.co.uk/

Went very well, so many amazing comments from people and had nearly 300 views!! 

Just taking it easy today - i defo drank too much last night, chatting to my friends. I feel fine, just exhausted. Also the rush of adrenaline from the art stuff....making me now tired. 

Also been working on another online project, maybe creating an online zine, with the daily drawings, alongside my friends Adam And Chris. So that would be cool! :) 

Just need to sort out how ! :) and get more content !

Its 3.30pm now, i am thinking i will do a bit of promoting the works, maybe nap, and then later, make the burgers, have a bath, listen to music etc etc. 

Tomorrow i REALLY need to do some exercise. Been very very awful with that side of things. xx

• Like 4
  • That's Metal 1

TRANSMISSION!! Ahhh i went to the website and it looks so cool! Well done on it friend! And already new projects lined up to work on, fantastic. ❤️

I hope you have/are having a good day today and get to enjoy your burgers and bath ❤️ And get to color a kettlebell tomorrow! :D Do you reckon you'll get to go out on your bike soon, if it's okay to ask? ( only asking because idk if you've got weather for that sort of thing right now. Over here it's a little windy for that kind of thing )

• Like 2
16 minutes ago, Maggie-Miau said:

TRANSMISSION!! Ahhh i went to the website and it looks so cool! Well done on it friend! And already new projects lined up to work on, fantastic. ❤️

I hope you have/are having a good day today and get to enjoy your burgers and bath ❤️ And get to color a kettlebell tomorrow! :D Do you reckon you'll get to go out on your bike soon, if it's okay to ask? ( only asking because idk if you've got weather for that sort of thing right now. Over here it's a little windy for that kind of thing )

Hey Mia! Thanks, so glad you like the site :D

Im not having the burgers tonight, its 7pm already.... and im not that hungry and want to be really ready for them, ill defo eat them tmoro though and i can not wait hahah

Yes will definitely be on the bike in the next couple of days. Its been VERY hot here today. But ive been so exhausted ive barely been out. Which is a shame. Tomorrow is back to cold!!! What strange weather!

xx

• Like 2

Being honest, im a little low tonight, prob tiredness really, need to make a small meal for dinner, and think of something to do.... then get an early night. 

Hoping tmoro feels better/more rested! x

• Like 2