• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Salinger

Salinger's thirty first challenge!

2 hours ago, Salinger said:

Being honest, im a little low tonight, prob tiredness really, need to make a small meal for dinner, and think of something to do.... then get an early night. 

Hoping tmoro feels better/more rested! x

Rest up, friend! I hope you have a great nice of sleep and can feel refreshed in the morning ❤️ (and also that your small dinner is as excellent as can be ❤️ )

Wow. The site is awesome. Book marked. I'm going to love exploring it, thank you for sharing such a lovely thing. 

Hope you feel better after some rest. Today is a new day. Cheering you on! Hugs (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ

13 hours ago, Maggie-Miau said:

Rest up, friend! I hope you have a great nice of sleep and can feel refreshed in the morning ❤️ (and also that your small dinner is as excellent as can be ❤️ )

Thanks Mia :) i had salad and it was lovely! xx

9 hours ago, //Min said:

Wow. The site is awesome. Book marked. I'm going to love exploring it, thank you for sharing such a lovely thing. 

I am so pleased you like it Min, enjoy exploring! x

8 hours ago, //Min said:

Hope you feel better after some rest. Today is a new day. Cheering you on! Hugs (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ

Thank you Min, yes new day....! xx

Hi all, oh MAN i slept so so so much. I went to bed around 10pm and slept till 10.30am... :o I can feel ive had too much sleep tbh, im a bit foggy in my brain. 

I had a nice chat with my friend last night, we talked about routine, mine isnt very good really...i could do with making proper plans for my day to day stuff. Its hard because i cant really plan when to work because i have to be in a creative mood... you know?! 

Anyway, something to ponder. 

I need to go to the shops today, so will do so within the hour. 

- Take medication

- Refill pill box

- Go to the shops (milk, salad, etc)

- Pick up Ste's prescription and drop it off

- Clean kitchen (wash dishes) 

- Do the daily drawing (hands today!)

- Think about/plan new routines?

- Make BURGERS for dinner!!

- Have a bath

- RELAX (watch a film maybe)

Ok this is my day. I want to just take it bloody easy for once. Im absolutely exhausted even though i have slept over 12 hours!!!! HOW?! Too much i recon. 

So yes, here it is, it is alread midday so i dont have a full day though. 

Music on, cup of tea to start :) xx

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Salinger said:

Music on, cup of tea to start

With those, you just cannot fail :D 

I've browsed TRANSMISSION exhibitions - nice selection. I'm so proud of you for putting this to life :) 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, aramis said:

With those, you just cannot fail :D 

I've browsed TRANSMISSION exhibitions - nice selection. I'm so proud of you for putting this to life :) 

Exactly, tea and music, equals a good life haha :)

Aww thank you SO much Aramis. Im kinda proud of it yes. Thats why i love art, a little idea lying in bed, and now a fully fledged site with work from 3 continents :o 

Cool hey!?

Hey all. 3pm now, been to the shop for supplies, got Ste's prescription, dropped it off, sorted my meds, and now i have a glass of juice, music on (of course) and shivering a little, its chilly today! Got my fleece on!

will work on my drawing soon and respond to emails. I had a 20 min stroll through the park which is close to the shops as well by the way. I didnt have much time so was short walk and didnt have a coat so was cold. But got some red in my cheeks ahaha 

Need to think about new routines and if i NEED one..... any input appreciated ❤️ xx

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Novaurora said:

I loved you site.  So cool!  Enjoy your burgers!  Good luck with that to do list!!

Thank you Nova. Appreciate that. xx

Hey all. 4.30. Jeez, my head is all over the place right now. Just totally spiralled downwards, enough so i started crying over nothing. :( i hate depression. It fucking sucks. 

I thought i was getting over this period. 

Anyway, i am trying to motivate myself, to clean up then make the burgers and chill out. Just feels pointless, you know?! :( x

• Sad 2

SAL

Your website is AMAZING. Can I ask how you make them? I used to code HTML back in the day from scratch but things are obviously way more advanced now!! I I love all the exhibits!!  AAAA IT'S SO RAD

I hope your day is going a little better and the burgers were PERFECT! ❤️ 

1 hour ago, loire said:

SAL

Your website is AMAZING. Can I ask how you make them? I used to code HTML back in the day from scratch but things are obviously way more advanced now!! I I love all the exhibits!!  AAAA IT'S SO RAD

I hope your day is going a little better and the burgers were PERFECT! ❤️ 

Thank you Loire, i use code for some parts, but mainly the site builder has pretty much anything you can imagine already 'built' so i have an idea for how i want a site to look, and then i can build from scratch using the tools of the builder, if that makes sense :D 

Thanks a lot ❤️ xx

_______

Hey, 8.30pm. *yawn* 

I made my burgers and listed to music in the kitchen, they were very tasty...

97134951_525196941482528_347075151843557376_n.jpg?_nc_cat=101&_nc_sid=b96e70&_nc_oc=AQk2jitTKW0q23kBvnMxyQGipidRCpo4VZVDiyJm5-xKNjdL4_8YnbT3-Fj96stD7xE&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr8-1.xx&_nc_tp=7&oh=6ba87db004055449a9ed1c4cfcf934c9&oe=5EDD35DA

Then i had a bath, not as hot as i would like but fine, and i had candles lit and bubbles. 

I got out and pjs on, then lay with Jackson on my bed and ultimately fell asleep :o but woke 45 mins later thankfully!

Now im doing some drawing and have Led Zeppelin on. Hands today to draw, my nemesis....! 😠 haha

xx

• Like 6

Sounds you are a bit better already - do I sense bath magic? Or just a good meal (damn, the burger looks like I could just chomp on my monitor) to lift you up? 

Anyway, good you fought off this depression.

Can we see the drawings?

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, aramis said:

Sounds you are a bit better already - do I sense bath magic? Or just a good meal (damn, the burger looks like I could just chomp on my monitor) to lift you up? 

Anyway, good you fought off this depression.

Can we see the drawings?

Yes of course .....

96780723_572348590364525_1304207960922128384_n.jpg?_nc_cat=104&_nc_sid=b96e70&_nc_oc=AQn61f4lpvxdoGnhcGLQhLZMmecn1n2tfNsjxke3wfyxnBG0AnCnIkCQ1_YoVeZPIqs&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr8-1.xx&_nc_tp=6&oh=86e5c236dd7c1d0a48ebe9adf43a389d&oe=5EDDCC03

And yesterday used chalk pastel for first time :)

96715594_263788358081246_5153269965545013248_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_sid=b96e70&_nc_oc=AQleWUP5D8ZRbTGQlYAMpmDra56X12MgzJHGfY4sCn9cDTkPBqPxC7yrFDqy5JiHR5E&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr8-1.xx&_nc_tp=6&oh=9560cd3e507ed6c61515bb0f5d13fd7f&oe=5EDE479B

And bath defo helps, as does good tunes. Still a little jittery but not as bad as earlier. x

• Like 6

those hands are so good what the heck??? I love the shadows on them - they really emphasize the drama of the hands'...pose? Position? Also really liking the line going out from the finger on the second one. And the details! And the coloring with the pastels, very cool! Love the shading and shaping!

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Salinger said:

i could do with making proper plans for my day to day stuff. Its hard because i cant really plan when to work because i have to be in a creative mood... you know?!

This was a huge challenge for me when I started writing professionally, because before that I had always just written when the mood struck - it was ridiculously hard to force myself to produce written material on a schedule, and honestly, most of the stuff I put out initially was pretty much garbage. And it was almost painful to squeeze it out of myself.  :)   Even today, I have some days where I simply cannot write, and have to work on other administrative tasks that day. 

But, what I really wanted to say was, if you think it's important to you to have a schedule for your creativity and you want to work for a certain amount of time each day, the transition is hard but it can be done. It takes a lot of patience and practice and may take you a few years, and what you put out initially might be very little and low-quality. But if you think about it and you really would like to draw on a schedule, you can do it. 

Of course, I really think you can do anything you put your mind to, but that's just me.  ;)  Also, I have just eaten my laptop because your burger looked so delicious.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Maggie-Miau said:

those hands are so good what the heck??? I love the shadows on them - they really emphasize the drama of the hands'...pose? Position? Also really liking the line going out from the finger on the second one. And the details! And the coloring with the pastels, very cool! Love the shading and shaping!

THANK YOU so much Mia :D

What a cool message to wake up to! Really glad you like the drawings ❤️ xx

23 minutes ago, SkyGirl said:

This was a huge challenge for me when I started writing professionally, because before that I had always just written when the mood struck - it was ridiculously hard to force myself to produce written material on a schedule, and honestly, most of the stuff I put out initially was pretty much garbage. And it was almost painful to squeeze it out of myself.  :)   Even today, I have some days where I simply cannot write, and have to work on other administrative tasks that day. 

But, what I really wanted to say was, if you think it's important to you to have a schedule for your creativity and you want to work for a certain amount of time each day, the transition is hard but it can be done. It takes a lot of patience and practice and may take you a few years, and what you put out initially might be very little and low-quality. But if you think about it and you really would like to draw on a schedule, you can do it. 

Of course, I really think you can do anything you put your mind to, but that's just me.  ;)  Also, I have just eaten my laptop because your burger looked so delicious.

Thanks Sky, for your insight. To be honest, im unsure what i want to do haha part of me thinks its totally fine the way it is... i work long hours but i also nap most days, i have times where im not doing much etc. I think the hardest bit is not being able to work because its not in the designated  time slot. Yet i may be feeling mega creative. That would be hard. 

So yes, ill prob not form a working schedule hahaha 

xx

Hey  all. Morning, 6.15am. Pretty cold again today but the sun is out. Its VERY windy though. Just drinking tea and listening to Jackson who is snoring on my bed hahaaha

I feel like drawing this morning! ive become a little obsessed with it hahaha

Todays tasks:

- Take medication

- Be mindful of nutrition

- Daily drawing

- Work on zine

- Answer emails that come through

- Water the plants

- Kettlebell workout

- Self care (read/film/nap/meditate)

Not a massively busy day today. But enough to do! More work stuff always comes through as well generally. 

Need to eat well, drink enough water and exercise. x

• Like 1

Pointing hand is great! The grabbing one too, the drawing feels the movement and tension... 

Do you aim for realistic representation, or rather more... artistic approximation? 

Read below ONLY if the former.

Spoiler

I'm a guy who studied anatomy - especially of "moving bits". I learned how all the stuff works to create technological gizmos helping people move. Endoprostheses, orthopedic braces of all sorts etc. 

And if you aim for realism, I think studying anatomic books could help. Or investing in hand mannequin. Why? To understand how connections in the hand work.

Why I say all this? Because I see grabbing hand lacks some sort of... anatomical proportion and perspective. Wrist goes all the way to mid-palm, thumb is in some weird position, and knuckles are way too deep in the palm and raised above the level of the bones.  

I don't want to criticize you, I know I couldn't draw even at fraction of your talent. But I see stuff that's anatomically off and try to find advice where you could look for solutions.

Of course IF you want any solution. This may be drawn on purpose, it's may be your style and then just tell me to fuck off, and I will :D 

Have a great day, hugs!

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, aramis said:

Pointing hand is great! The grabbing one too, the drawing feels the movement and tension... 

Do you aim for realistic representation, or rather more... artistic approximation? 

Reveal hidden contents

I'm a guy who studied anatomy - especially of "moving bits". I learned how all the stuff works to create technological gizmos helping people move. Endoprostheses, orthopedic braces of all sorts etc. 

And if you aim for realism, I think studying anatomic books could help. Or investing in hand mannequin. Why? To understand how connections in the hand work.

Why I say all this? Because I see grabbing hand lacks some sort of... anatomical proportion and perspective. Wrist goes all the way to mid-palm, thumb is in some weird position, and knuckles are way too deep in the palm and raised above the level of the bones.  

I don't want to criticize you, I know I couldn't draw even at fraction of your talent. But I see stuff that's anatomically off and try to find advice where you could look for solutions.

Of course IF you want any solution. This may be drawn on purpose, it's may be your style and then just tell me to fuck off, and I will :D 

Have a great day, hugs!

Hey :) morning, how are you?

Definitely not realistic rep...i cant draw well enough, and tbh dont want to draw realistic. Im sort of in the mind of, if i draw something SO good that it looks realistic, then i may as well have taken a photograph :D haha

I like artistic representation for sure, more emotion and feeling in art that way i recon! (no that im having a go at those that draw realistically, just not my thing)

Its a good idea to study your recommendations though, just to get a feel for where things go! Good idea :)

Hope you have a great day too :) xx

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Quirky Quinn said:

Enjoying seeing your drawings Sal, they're great!

Congratulations on the gallery opening. 

Thank you QQ ❤️ 

xx

Jeeez im a mess. hahahha i fell ASLEEP on the sofa, for an hour. Now i feel groggy and foggy. :( im so tired constantly. Im trying to tell myself its ok, its down to the stress of life right now, the situation we are in, the fact the days tend to blur into one etc. If i need a nap that it is ok....

Still, i feel a bit guilty. 

Its 12.45pm now, im drinking some tea and then i need to clean the kitchen up and marinade some chicken for tonight. Maybe have some lunch. Just try to be a little more zen...

I feel quite stressed tbh right now. x

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Salinger said:

fell ASLEEP on the sofa, for an hour. Now i feel groggy and foggy. :( im so tired constantly.

From my experience, if I feel like this nothing energizes me more than some movement. Sounds counterintuitive, but works (at least for me). I know the worst part is to actually start, but after this, it's only better. When you move, blood flows faster, breathing rate increase, and more oxygen in your bloodstream should wake you up. Couple squats or KB swings, jog in place or some brisk march, that's all you need.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, aramis said:

Reveal hidden contents

Have a great day, hugs!

well, aramis

actually, I do strive for realism in my drawing... and (officially) drawing a hand/wrist/person is One heck of A Hard thing to do!

way back when my kids were little; for a short while; I actually tried to draw them some.

as with all my drawings (past and present) I fell short of what I hoped for and I became frustrated.

Anyways. my thoughts about improving on getting to be good at people, is probably that you just need to practice Over and over again.(IMHO)

I'm not sure having a knowledge of anatomy (though that can't hurt) is more helpful then just taking the time consistently to draw what you see; whether its by photo- a mannequin- or maybe real models sitting in front of you.  (that IS how they do it in art school, isn't it??)

but all this is just hints and guesses.

I bought several moons ago a book about drawing portraits and people; and as a recall its central premise is to concentrate on Parts and remember the break things up- if you divide a given photo,etc with a grid often the little squares aren't we we'd expect;  instead- our brain does this matching/object creating process that can interfere with being accurate.

thats as I recall.  unfortunately; I'm not sure I have any great desire to sketch people in the near future.  for me, I would like to concentrate more on trying to draw the beauty I often see in nature-- that has appealed to me since I was a kid and its also frustrated me since I was a kid.

----

now this is sal's thread; so feel free to just call it. my opinion.

• Like 1