Salinger's thirty first challenge!

Salinger

Nants ingonyama bagithi Baba!

• Haha 1

I absolutely CAN run on caffeine and hatred. But only with a dash of milk.

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

Not gonna Challenge anymore for now. I took Steve's words and started thinking in days and years. Challenges are just short-term distractions. 

#16 | #15 (Xmas mini) |  #14 | #13 | #12 | #11 | #10 | #9 | #8 | #7 | #6 | #5 | #4 | #3 | #2 | #1

Other activities: Bike build

Settled down with a beer, music on.... water comes pouring through the ceiling light.

After an hour its still dripping through ....

Upstairs was putting cat litter down the fucking toilet and its blocked it and a pipe burst....jeeeeez.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 3
  • Angry on your Behalf 1
8 hours ago, Salinger said:

Settled down with a beer, music on.... water comes pouring through the ceiling light.

Upstairs was putting cat litter down the fucking toilet and its blocked it and a pipe burst....jeeeeez.

Oh no!! Why does everything always happen at once! Did you get things cleaned up??

SKY ELVENWORD

The Silver Archer, Ranger Level 44

Jesus-follower | Writer | Encourager | Resident Myers-Briggs and Enneagram Geek 

"Knowing that we can be loved exactly as we are gives us all the best opportunity for growing into the healthiest of people." - Fred Rogers

2021 Books in Progress:

How We Love (82%)  |  Talking Back to Purity Culture (64%)  |  Rhythms of Renewal (60%)  |  Pilgrim's Progress (32%)  |  Beholding and Becoming (19%)  | What Did You Expect? (36%)  |  A Gentle Answer (0%) 

2021 Books Completed:
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets  |  Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban  |  Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire   |  Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix  |  Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince  |  Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows  |  Lady Windermere's Fan 

10 hours ago, Salinger said:

Hope it gets sorted Sal!

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Salinger said:

water comes pouring through the ceiling light

Umm... don't get electrocuted. 

11 minutes ago, Quirky Quinn said:

Hope it gets sorted

Second.

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

Not gonna Challenge anymore for now. I took Steve's words and started thinking in days and years. Challenges are just short-term distractions. 

#16 | #15 (Xmas mini) |  #14 | #13 | #12 | #11 | #10 | #9 | #8 | #7 | #6 | #5 | #4 | #3 | #2 | #1

5 hours ago, SkyGirl said:

Oh no!! Why does everything always happen at once! Did you get things cleaned up??

Its stil coming through the ceiling :( very slowly. x

3 hours ago, Quirky Quinn said:

Hope it gets sorted Sal!

Me too... they are trying to get a plumber out. x

3 hours ago, aramis said:

Umm... don't get electrocuted. 

Second.

I dont ever turn that light on (i like the room to be dimly lit!) so should be ok x

• Like 1

Hey all, what a shit night sorting the fucking ceiling stuff. As i told Sky, its STILL coming through...but upstairs are trying to get a plumber out. *sigh* 

I also drank too much last night but hey ho. I was stressed so drank more. 

Saturday then! CRAP weather. But im holding on for next week when its hot again!

Im waiting for some seeds to arrive so i can pot some stuff (more wildflowers) my boxes have arrived to plant them in :D

Anyway....i hope to paint again today but need to get this water thing sorted first cos im too anxious to do anything else. I feel like the ceiling will cave in :( xx

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Salinger said:

I feel like the ceiling will cave in

I think it needs way more water to do that...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

Crap on a cracker that would stress me out too... Hope that gets sorted SOOOOOON! The water hasn't damaged any of your stuff has it?

i am not waiting for a hero.  i saved myself long ago.

Level 50 Bardic Time-Mage; of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

"Well...in the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't.

You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair...
...But that's the way things are. The choice is yours."

»  kom starkru

1 hour ago, loire said:

Crap on a cracker that would stress me out too... Hope that gets sorted SOOOOOON! The water hasn't damaged any of your stuff has it?

No thankfully, i managed to get pots out quickly to cover the rug. Its sort of in the middle (ish ) of the room. Imagine if it had been over my desk with my paintings/drawings :o 

so i should be thankful for that xx

• Like 2

Hey guys, another painting done today. 

97524599_2329900063978481_8866157824435027968_n.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_sid=b96e70&_nc_oc=AQl_2fYoZdWOSIDKccuZde14IgaH-87_xOJfLOg6sRVB-tzsbv8Gc8goL2i8g1h_92g&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.xx&_nc_tp=7&oh=2b9e28b5037b23cca11a52f051e5247e&oe=5EE73087

Another kind of weird one!! Again, my artist friends really love it so its making me feel good about that. 

Im tired. Been a busy day, did gardening early afternoon :)  new crates to bed in some new plants. 

97999191_803238626872017_3308645253522653184_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_sid=b96e70&_nc_oc=AQnhZudwXDwxNmglmUZMQxfQmvAWQTxKrLBNRKpVtWuH0PEk5_T0-jE7_8P5O3xZmnU&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.xx&_nc_tp=6&oh=15b9a112bbb1bb6d128c1455f883dc29&oe=5EE4B3DB      97581194_246682729876661_917639974906494976_n.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_sid=b96e70&_nc_oc=AQk8003r5ZO0cvCWNXeNOi79Vt6aCgUv2IyKSwcltY5R8BVrxsGqjjN93-j7XoiaBNs&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.xx&_nc_tp=6&oh=ae3051d6db40c46a3ddfc2dd705a05fc&oe=5EE6B29B

:D 

will try to start winding down soon. 

A plumber is upstairs now, i guess trying to sort the problem. Water still coming through a bit.... slowly. xx

• Like 6

Ok so... the issue can be fixed but the landlord is not allowing them to fix it. Wants to get his own guys in. But wont get them out tonight. Water just poured through as well as the paint split... its slowed down a bit but relentless dripping all day. I duno what to do. I am so anxious and stressed :(

• Angry on your Behalf 3
16 hours ago, Salinger said:

the landlord is not allowing them to fix it. Wants to get his own guys in.

I somehow can understand this, yet he forgets one important thing - the longer the leak stays, the more damage it makes. It may end up with fixing your ceiling as well, or at least painting it (as you said - paint starts to flake off).

Hope it gets fixed soon - even if you don't use top light, it might damage the cables in your flat. Ask the landlord to check on this stuff after fixing the pipe upstairs. 

Hugs!

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

Oh no 😮 i hope this gets fixed soon. In the meantime, i think really the only thing you can do is try to keep all your stuff safe...do please try to take some big deep breaths and be extra kind to yourself, Sal. I know this is all horribly stressful, and you need all the self-care you can get right now ❤️

Matthew 25:34-40

13 hours ago, //Min said:

I'm sorry you're going through all that... Would some breathing exercises help? Relaxing the body might help in the short term. Big hugs. 

Thanks Min, i should meditate yes x

3 hours ago, aramis said:

I somehow can understand this, yet he forgets one important thing - the longer the leak stays, the more damage it makes. It may end up with fixing your ceiling as well, or at least painting it (as you said - paint starts to flake off).

Hope it gets fixed soon - even if you don't use top light, it might damage the cables in your flat. Ask the landlord to check on this stuff after fixing the pipe upstairs. 

Hugs!

Thanks i will Aramis xx

2 hours ago, Maggie-Miau said:

Oh no 😮 i hope this gets fixed soon. In the meantime, i think really the only thing you can do is try to keep all your stuff safe...do please try to take some big deep breaths and be extra kind to yourself, Sal. I know this is all horribly stressful, and you need all the self-care you can get right now ❤️

Thank you Mia. update below x

_________

Hey all. 5.30pm . i have a bit of a stress headache but trying to drink enough and deep breaths and stuff. 

Landlord was here for 2 hours early afternoon, took apart a bit of my ceiling where the pipe goes... long story short he couldnt fix it so will get his plumber to come tmoro .... so upstairs is still without a toilet, the leak has stopped thankfully in my room. The landlord and tenant upstairs had a bit of an argument so i was stressed and tense. HATE confrontations. 

Anyway. Ive been drawing a bit/painting. Unsure about it. Waiting for my artist friend to discuss with me. 

Enjoyed the process though, calming and distracting. 

Ive barely eaten in the past two days. People in and out of the flat meaning i cant really settle and cook. :( i will have something tonight. Not got much in though and now the shops are closed ... i think i have pasta sauce, bit boring but hey ho. I may have chicken in freezer to have with it. Pasta bake maybe. 

I would like a bath tonight at some point too perhaps. I need to wash my hair. 

So thats whats been going on. 

Im tense, nervous, anxious, on edge. But ok xx

• Like 4
2 hours ago, Salinger said:

Im tense, nervous, anxious, on edge. But ok

I love this sentence. You basically say: I acknowledge bad things, but I'm hard as nails and will go through all the issues with head up high!

Yes, get some food and get that bath - both will do you good. 

Hugs!

• Like 4

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

13 hours ago, aramis said:

I love this sentence. You basically say: I acknowledge bad things, but I'm hard as nails and will go through all the issues with head up high!

Yes, get some food and get that bath - both will do you good. 

Hugs!

Hey Aramis, thanks so much, i didnt even really NOTICE i added ' but im ok' so thanks for picking up on that :)

I made a pasta bake...then had a few beers and a 5 HOUR video chat with my friend in Milan :o so no bath....and probably a little too many beers. Oh well. I had a wonderful time chatting away with her, was lovely. I dont feel guilt. 

Tonight i WILL have that bath hahah 

IN other news. My art friend loved the painting i did, said it was his fave so far, which is crazy haha

Also, an old friend who i lived with for 3 and a half years, messaged me out of the blue - asking how i was. And sent me a video of a film director doing commentary over his film. (Richard Linklater is the director) it was glorious, inspiring, artistic and deep. Really enjoyed listening as i did some drawing. 

I drew my dad with Maisy on his kneee........

97992587_659908371226565_2216492356423647232_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_sid=b96e70&_nc_oc=AQmgT8zMU6VBDncDfpUK_38-e0Ae8Z2djSI0Cy-qmIkVpLHdupizGp9IjTppFV0Z5IY&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr8-1.xx&_nc_tp=6&oh=e6dfde939fc99d5447fbddc0cf572085&oe=5EE72785

So yesterday was a nice day really, apart from the fucking mess of the leak/upstairs. Today the proper plumber is meant to be coming over, with the landlord, to try again to fix it. So lets see....They will be in and out of my flat again, and maybe cutting open the ceiling :( but i am trying to be zen about it and not panic or get too stressed out. 

Its going to rain later, boring. Wednesday is going to be 26C though :o 

Ok better get some breakfast! xx

• Like 5
On 5/16/2020 at 12:41 PM, aramis said:

I think it needs way more water to do that...

There's a whole subgenre of "destroy all the things" on YouTube and, to be honest with you, I find it absolutely fascinating!

13 hours ago, aramis said:

Yes!

Great work Sal!  Dealing with real life issues but still staying super productive & positive!

I love your drawings by the way!

• Like 2
30 minutes ago, Quirky Quinn said:

Great work Sal!  Dealing with real life issues but still staying super productive & positive!

I love your drawings by the way!

Thanks QQ!!! I appreciate that ❤️ xx

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, TGP said:

you've been quiet today, liz!

How are you?

is there any relief regarding the plumbing?? it kind of sucks- and I feel for ya

Hey ... im ok. Tired, really exhausted. 

The plumbing issue seems to be fixed now. Had the morning and early afternoon with plumber in and out, landlord around etc. Couldnt relax or nap!!!

Then they left around 3.. i went to the shops for some bits. Had left over pasta bake. Then did a painting. 

Its 9pm, i just had a hot bath, feel more relaxed. xx

• Like 3
  • That's Metal 1
1 hour ago, Salinger said:

Hey ... im ok. Tired, really exhausted. 

This is totally understandable and valid, in case you doubt that. You've had a lot going on and it sounds like a stressful time with the plumber and the landlord! I'm glad it all seems to be fixed, now! Maybe now you'll be able to get some good good rest. ❤️

• Like 2

Matthew 25:34-40