1 hour ago, loire said:

did TWO different yoga

1 hour ago, loire said:

slept like a rock

Yoga = Sleep?  Just a thought.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, loire said:

emotionally sinister

oooh.  I like this.  It explains a lot about my mental state.

psychotic-state-university-logo-mens-t-s

• Like 1

10 hours ago, loire said:

DO NOT TEMPT THYSELF into overriding the first two items in favor of this item............

The siren call of that thing you currently love doing.  It is hard to resist.

• Like 1

Hi loire! I haven't played FF but I’ve always love the graphics so much… It’s so pretty!

Good luck for your challenge! Cheering you on! (ノ≧∀≦)

• Like 1

On 5/6/2020 at 9:52 AM, Cheetah said:

Yoga = Sleep?  Just a thought.

dont-you-put-that-evil-on-me-gif-10.gif

On 5/6/2020 at 10:06 AM, Rinna said:

oooh.  I like this.  It explains a lot about my mental state.

psychotic-state-university-logo-mens-t-s

Oh yes, it is real, and it is ok, as long as we don't let it live there.... ❤️ (hi #TeamCryAtLotsOfStuffFriend! )

On 5/6/2020 at 7:19 PM, Novaurora said:

The siren call of that thing you currently love doing.  It is hard to resist.

SO.  HARD.  I may or may not have failed.....

20 hours ago, //Min said:

Hi loire! I haven't played FF but I’ve always love the graphics so much… It’s so pretty!

Good luck for your challenge! Cheering you on! (ノ≧∀≦)

They are such pretty games!

SO GLAD to have you here, friend!! ❤️❤️ 

HI ALL! So uh, work has been super busy lately, and I've been pretty much just..... surviving.  I could have done yoga OR a little bit of narrative tonight, but I chose to zone out to The Birthday Massacre's new album and hang out online instead.

I went into work this morning to do stuff but we had a -random electrical fire!!-, that shut the whole office down, so I came back home to WFH.  The back and forth from in office work to home work is pretty jarring, from how I answer calls to even how I can access my work network from home (not fully) and get things done, so today was def. tough and draining. 

Also, tomorrow is Friday so that should help.....!

• Like 5

On 5/5/2020 at 6:06 PM, loire said:

Tonight I am going to do a yoga video before I play more video games! Maybe one for lower back since I've been SITTING so much lately, ugh.  Working from home definitely has me sitting WAY more than at the office and I don't like iiiit...

Same!! My job has me at the computer a lot, but at least in work I had a sit / stand desk set up. I could probably rig something from home but would lose my second screen. 

Yoga sounds like a good idea though. Fantastic job on doing not just one but two sessions 👍👍

• Like 2

11 hours ago, loire said:

The back and forth from in office work to home work is pretty jarring, from how I answer calls to even how I can access my work network from home (not fully) and get things done, so today was def. tough and draining. 

That does sound annoying, hopefully things get sorted soon.  Glad the fire wasn't serious!  Happy Friday!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Rebel Pilot Gar said:

Same!! My job has me at the computer a lot, but at least in work I had a sit / stand desk set up. I could probably rig something from home but would lose my second screen. 

Yoga sounds like a good idea though. Fantastic job on doing not just one but two sessions 👍👍

Ahh, #DeskLife... I try to stay mindful and get up and stretch every so often, but it's HARD when 4976 things are happening!!

9 hours ago, Cheetah said:

What happened??

I have, no idea?? By the time I left they were still trying to find the cause, apparently whatever happened wasn't straightforward.. at least everyone and their computers were ok!

7 hours ago, Novaurora said:

That does sound annoying, hopefully things get sorted soon.  Glad the fire wasn't serious!  Happy Friday!

Today has been a much better day, happy Friday!!

IT FRIDAY

LWRynFF.gif

(throwback)

I MUST do a fitnessing this weekend.  I MUST. This week has thrown me off and Also Shark Week so by the time crazyface work is done I just want to collapse and eat and sleep.

Also I -want- to write my narrative but I'm not -inspired-, you know? I never like to force it so it'll happen when it happens.

OH!  I got my very first veggie box from the farmstand yesterday!!  I took EVERYTHING out of it and took a big picture:

image.thumb.png.a64005286591bb43a8ec934c3b7479d5.png

*deep breath......* Romaine lettuce, green beans, radish microgreens, green pepper, mushrooms, oranges, bananas, apples, a tomato, an avocado, head of garlic, 2 potatoes, yellow onion, summer squash, cucumber, zucchini, house made olive oil and local cheddar cheese!!  Y'AAAAAAALL.  I made a big salad out of most of this stuff last night and it was SO GOOD.  I've never had radish microgreens before and they were a standout, fresh and zesty like a good radish, even my mom who is wary of new foods loved them the best out of everything!

My goal this weekend is to take something both of us aren't really a fan of - mushrooms - and make dinner with them. They are SO fresh and I'm not about to waste them! I'm thinking I'll bake them stuffed with spinach, feta, and cream cheese........ we'll see, I'll make them on Sunday.

That's all for now, hope y'all are having a GREAT DAAAAYYY!~ ❤️

• Like 11

Glad no one was hurt (human or machine)! And yayyyy Friday.

That local produce box looks amazing. I am also in a household of mushroom dislikers, so I am interested to hear how the weekend cooking experiment turns out :) 

• Like 2

We used to get a farm share every week and the best part was getting those things that you had no idea what you could do with them. If they were green we sautéed them with some garlic, shallots and finished with a little white wine or white wine vinegar. 90% of the time is was good and the other 10% we ate it anyways because I grew up eating yucky greens so I assume it was good for me even if it tastes like poison.

Have fun experimenting... maybe you can make broiled mushrooms... 😜 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I am having impure thoughts about that cheddar. 

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one :D 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The fresh food looks so delicious! I hear frying makes everything yummy...  (ノ)ʘ﹃ʘ(ヾ).  But that's probably not what you're after haha! The little message the shop gave you with the food looks so cute! 

• Like 1

Oh man that produce, so fresh mmmmm :D

The idea for the mushrooms sounds incredible..... im drooling!!! haha

Sending love xx

• Like 1

On 5/8/2020 at 4:41 PM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I am having impure thoughts about that cheddar. 

On 5/9/2020 at 1:10 AM, WhiteGhost said:

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one :D 

The cheese. Guys. It was UNREAL. So creamy and flavorful and DECADENT.

On 5/8/2020 at 6:30 PM, Cheetah said:

Yay produce!

There was SO MUCH! There is still SO MUCH!  Salads for all!! :DDD

On 5/8/2020 at 8:18 PM, Rebel Pilot Gar said:

Glad no one was hurt (human or machine)! And yayyyy Friday.

That local produce box looks amazing. I am also in a household of mushroom dislikers, so I am interested to hear how the weekend cooking experiment turns out :) 

I've decided tomorrow night will be mushroom night, I'm feeling a little stomach-upset today so I'm holding off just to be sure.. but I bought all the ingredients today!! WOOOO

On 5/8/2020 at 8:59 PM, GoodDoug said:

We used to get a farm share every week and the best part was getting those things that you had no idea what you could do with them. If they were green we sautéed them with some garlic, shallots and finished with a little white wine or white wine vinegar. 90% of the time is was good and the other 10% we ate it anyways because I grew up eating yucky greens so I assume it was good for me even if it tastes like poison.

Have fun experimenting... maybe you can make broiled mushrooms... 😜 

DOUG THE BROILER OH GOD NO WHY

🤣

I am definitely going to make use of everything in that box, except.... the green pepper, I can't eat them, they super upset my stomach!  I'll chop it up and leave it outside for the bunnies tho'!~

On 5/9/2020 at 4:37 AM, //Min said:

The fresh food looks so delicious! I hear frying makes everything yummy...  (ノ)ʘ﹃ʘ(ヾ).  But that's probably not what you're after haha! The little message the shop gave you with the food looks so cute! 

Mmmm frying...... :3

The little note was so sweet!! ;_; I love that shop so much and can't wait to go back and visit in person again when this is all over!

23 hours ago, Salinger said:

Oh man that produce, so fresh mmmmm :D

The idea for the mushrooms sounds incredible..... im drooling!!! haha

Sending love xx

SUCH FRESH GOODIES ❤️ I hope the mushrooms come out ok, I have high hopes for 'em!!

a59946b1ec7c6a5089cda388b447139eb12d521c

Arrgghhh the weekend...... has been ok. Shark Week plus we got SNOW yesterday??? JFC, plus it has been unbelievably windy and COLD and I've had a HEADACHE and I'm ACHY and and and...............

But the bright side is, that when I'm feeling junky, I'm grateful that it's -not- a work day so I can just focus on relaxing. ❤️ Playing some more Dissidia, catching up on The 100, and today I did the shopping and made some fresh ginger tea with honey on the stove and THAT'S always a good cure-all for me... ^___________^  I don't super have the energy to make stuffed mushrooms tonight, so that will be a tomorrow experiment, I think tonight will just be orange chicken and rice - keepin' it real!

ALSO

GUYS

LOOK AT THIS PIN I BOUGHT

IMG_20200510_132924.jpg 

"MEOWDY!!!!!"  Gosh I love it so much, a good chomker with his bandanna and hat.... :DDDDDDDD

• Like 5
  • Wow 1
  • That's Metal 1

Meowdy is life.

You aren't missing anything not being able to eat green bell pepper. I hates them (though I can tolerate them if they are cooked in with other things). I alway substitute red bell peppers, which I will happily eat raw.

• Like 1

On 5/7/2020 at 5:48 PM, loire said:

HI ALL! So uh, work has been super busy lately, and I've been pretty much just..... surviving.  I could have done yoga OR a little bit of narrative tonight, but I chose to zone out to The Birthday Massacre's new album and hang out online instead.

I HAVE BEEN LISTENING TO THE BIRTHDAY MASSACRE ALMOST EXCLUSIVELY FOR THE ENTIRETY OF QUARANTINE. 🙌

• That's Metal 1

On 5/8/2020 at 10:58 PM, loire said:

Ahh, #DeskLife... I try to stay mindful and get up and stretch every so often, but it's HARD when 4976 things are happening!!

Imagine if there was already a Nerd Fitness article on this...

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Meowdy is life.

You aren't missing anything not being able to eat green bell pepper. I hates them (though I can tolerate them if they are cooked in with other things). I alway substitute red bell peppers, which I will happily eat raw.

I used to think they were tolerable cooked but now the instant I taste one - of ANY color - my stomach instantly recoils in fear and pain.  I think it has something to do with the uhh, pepper juices, that really set off my IBS.  I do love raw onions though!!

8 hours ago, foxinthenorth said:

I HAVE BEEN LISTENING TO THE BIRTHDAY MASSACRE ALMOST EXCLUSIVELY FOR THE ENTIRETY OF QUARANTINE. 🙌

YESSSSS DIAMONDS IS SUCH A GOOD ALBUM!

The opening melody of Enter is JUST magical, IDK how they do it it makes me feel like I'm transported to some adventurous mysterious fairy tale laaaand aaaaa

5 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

Imagine if there was already a Nerd Fitness article on this...

THAT'S SO META OF YOU XD

It did remind me though that I used to have a timer go 'ping!' every so often to remind me - GET UP

1 hour ago, Salinger said:

Oh my word that cat pin is incredible HAHAHAHA 

Hoping your Monday is wonderful as can be xx

He is a good chomky boy ahahaha

GOOD MORNING friends!

tenor.gif?itemid=16552655

Somehow after my bleh post yesterday I managed to salvage the day - got in a 40 minute kettlebell workout while watching Parks & Rec, made some more ginger tea, AND did a little bit of yoga before bed.  I slept like a champ and am ready for MONDAY, well, I think, it's only 9am.........

I'm hoping today's not as slammed as last Monday, one of our girls is having "internet issues" that may not be fixed until tomorrow and honestly I'm not sure how much I believe that is totally true BUT I'm also skeptical with a high work ethic so

SHRUG

The sun is out and it's supposed to get into the high 50s today!!  WAHOO!!! I also bought some sunflower seeds to put out on the walk in the morning to feed the chipmunks, I hope they like them... :3 ❤️

• Like 7

3 hours ago, loire said:

The sun is out and it's supposed to get into the high 50s today!!  WAHOO!!! I also bought some sunflower seeds to put out on the walk in the morning to feed the chipmunks, I hope they like them... :3 ❤️

CHIPMUNKS

• Like 2

4 hours ago, foxinthenorth said:

CHIPMUNKS

I love them so much!! When they run with their little tails straight in the air... aaa...

4 hours ago, Salinger said:

glad you feel better today ❤️ 

You making mushroom dish tonight? pics!!!! xx

❤️

I AM! I'm hopeful they won't come out like a pile of steaming garbage but we'll see!! :]

GUYS, my roof rack for my nonexistent kayak arrived today!

Now, I just need a kayak. The one I want is at a store that has NO branches open in Massachusetts.  Aaaaaaaaaaa

#FirstWorldProblems I know, but I have finally reached the point where I can have The Thing, alas, it is elusive...

• Like 5