• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

loire

» loire channels the lifestream [ff7r style]

15 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

Imagine if there was already a Nerd Fitness article on this...

9 time out of 10, there is a nerd fitness article, and its the first one that comes up when I google stuff.

That pin is AMAZING. I love a good chonk.  And cats in hats is glorious assonance.  Hope today went well for you!

9 hours ago, loire said:

ot in a 40 minute kettlebell workout while watching Parks & Rec, made some more ginger tea, AND did a little bit of yoga before bed.  I slept like a champ and am ready for MONDAY, well, I think, it's only 9am.........

Nice salvage!  Get it, girl!!

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Novaurora said:

9 time out of 10, there is a nerd fitness article, and its the first one that comes up when I google stuff.

That pin is AMAZING. I love a good chonk.  And cats in hats is glorious assonance.  Hope today went well for you!

Nice salvage!  Get it, girl!!

HAHA SAME!  I'm like "... oh.  DUH."

The salvaged days are sometimes some of my favorites!

15 hours ago, Salinger said:

Wow amazing, how bloody COOL.... !!!!!!! Hope the mushrooms turn out good. (SPOILER - they will) xx

OMG......

Guys. I'm sorry but wow do I fuckin' HATE MUSHROOMS.

I did my best. I followed the recipe to a T. It was very easy and I'm a good cook and it came out perfect and pretty and the filling tasted amazing. I was PUMPED. But... mushrooms, WOW, they are ABSOLUTELY FOUL and are just, why would people eat these willingly, they must be a curse sent forth from the seven hells to plague humanity because literally one bite was all I could eat before my stomach started doing gentle "nononoNO" waves. 

The texture, it's like biting into one of those cheap foam flipflops you buy at the boardwalk for a buck but it's been left sitting in a bucket of salty water all day so it's like, bloated and soggy and just, pliable in an unsettling sort of way as it gently squeaks along the sides of your teeth as you chew it, why does it DO that.

The TASTE, there's no amount of cheese stuffed goodness I could have crammed in there - and I crammed a METRIC FUCKTON my friends - that can mask the delicate undertones of chewing on freshly tilled forest soil that honestly really aren't that heinous at first but the more you chew, the more that flavor bursts forth, like a sinister pop rock of fungal horror that just grows, and grows, and grows.........

So yeah. EPIC fail. I hate mushrooms. I think this is the one food that I've tried many times to embrace but each time just falls flatter than the first.  WOMP WOMP.

And that's my story and I'm stickin' to it. :]  HAPPY TUESDAAAAAAY~

tumblr-pr9ffi4-Be-Q1uetr35o10-540.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 6
  • Wow 1

30 minutes ago, loire said:

WOW, they are ABSOLUTELY FOUL and are just, why would people eat these willingly, they must be a curse sent forth from the seven hells to plague humanity because literally one bite was all I could eat before my stomach started doing gentle "nononoNO" waves. 

The texture, it's like biting into one of those cheap foam flipflops you buy at the boardwalk for a buck but it's been left sitting in a bucket of salty water all day so it's like, bloated and soggy and just, pliable in an unsettling sort of way as it gently squeaks along the sides of your teeth as you chew it, why does it DO that.

The TASTE, there's no amount of cheese stuffed goodness I could have crammed in there - and I crammed a METRIC FUCKTON my friends - that can mask the delicate undertones of chewing on freshly tilled forest soil that honestly really aren't that heinous at first but the more you chew, the more that flavor bursts forth, like a sinister pop rock of fungal horror that just grows, and grows, and grows.........

I could not agree more.  Also, this made laugh SO HARD 

• Like 1

I'm no fan of mushrooms, but my gf is and I noticed a HUUUUUGE difference once we switched to fresh, locally produced ones. Frozen/canned shrooms are just nope, while imported ones now taste to me exactly like you described. Also, I can't stress how much they need to be well done. Like, almost burned. Otherwise they still have that spongy chewey texture and soily taste.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Salinger said:

Amazing. hahahhahahaha sorry you hate them so much! I used to eat them raw.... hahah :D 

xx

Whaaat HOW?! Ugh just thinking of it makes my stomach tremble in fear ahahaaaaa...

3 hours ago, Novaurora said:

I could not agree more.  Also, this made laugh SO HARD 

THEY WERE SO BAD.  After dinner last night I thought to myself "WELP, this is gonna be a great update..."

2 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

I'm no fan of mushrooms, but my gf is and I noticed a HUUUUUGE difference once we switched to fresh, locally produced ones. Frozen/canned shrooms are just nope, while imported ones now taste to me exactly like you described.

Oh lordy above you couldn't pay me to eat mushrooms out of a can, yeah these were super fresh from a farm like 2 towns over!

3 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

Also, I can't stress how much they need to be well done. Like, almost burned. Otherwise they still have that spongy chewey texture and soily taste.

Everything really does come back to the broiler, doesn't it..............

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, loire said:

Whaaat HOW?! Ugh just thinking of it makes my stomach tremble in fear ahahaaaaa...

6b3.gif

tenor.gif?itemid=3722783

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, loire said:

that's my story

I lol'd.  I wish I could see video of your reaction; I bet it was hilarious.  😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, loire said:

the delicate undertones of chewing on freshly tilled forest soil

Yes.

I love mushrooms and it's bringing me a rare variety of joy to see you describe with disgust some of the very things that I like about mushrooms. 😂I wouldn't describe it quite the same, because I like them, but I totally know what you're referring to in the texture, flavor, etc. This isn't a case of "wow that's not how I experience mushrooms at all" this is a case of "yeah, you don't like mushrooms."

Well done for giving them a good try anyway. 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I cooked with shiitake mushrooms once, which smelled and tasted like SHIIT(ake).  Can’t do any of them raw, omg that’s just gross.  But some nice button (generic white) shrooms, sautéed to death in butter & garlic?  That I can do.  We had dinner once and the hostess served portobello mushroom “burgers”.  Gag me with a spoon. 🤢🤮 No.  Just, no.  Give me the charred (or just well done😉) flesh of cow, please.  

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, loire said:

Guys. I'm sorry but wow do I fuckin' HATE MUSHROOMS.

I did my best. I followed the recipe to a T. It was very easy and I'm a good cook and it came out perfect and pretty and the filling tasted amazing. I was PUMPED. But... mushrooms, WOW, they are ABSOLUTELY FOUL and are just, why would people eat these willingly, they must be a curse sent forth from the seven hells to plague humanity because literally one bite was all I could eat before my stomach started doing gentle "nononoNO" waves. 

So yeah. EPIC fail. I hate mushrooms. I think this is the one food that I've tried many times to embrace but each time just falls flatter than the first.  WOMP WOMP.

And that's my story and I'm stickin' to it. :]  HAPPY TUESDAAAAAAY~

tumblr-pr9ffi4-Be-Q1uetr35o10-540.gif

Okay. Good to know. As I said, BF and I both strongly dislike mushrooms. So my plan of attack if we ever happen upon them from a farm box or such will be to give it away to our friends who love them lol. 

Also your description of the experience? Absolutely stellar. 

But super kudos for giving them the chance at least !! Even if you didn't like them in the end, you at least tried. 

• Haha 1

Now I'm wondering what kind of mushrooms you used... Your description had me in stitches! 

"The texture, it's like biting into one of those cheap foam flipflops you buy at the boardwalk for a buck but it's been left sitting in a bucket of salty water all day so it's like, bloated and soggy and just, pliable in an unsettling sort of way as it gently squeaks along the sides of your teeth as you chew it, why does it DO that."

This reads like a classic yo.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, loire said:

I cannot tell you how happy this made me.  This is exactly how I feel about mushrooms but most of the people I know love them so I always thought I was just some weirdo who can't stand eating dirt flavored flip-flops.  So glad to know I am not alone.

I HAVE FOUND MY PEOPLE!!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, Salinger said:

6b3.gif

tenor.gif?itemid=3722783

You are MAD woman, MAD!!!

❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ XD

18 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Damn, sorry the mushrooms were not good for you. 

Me too, actually. I had high hopes and really -want- to like them because they're real good for you but, alas. Muddy flip flop country.

16 hours ago, Cheetah said:

I lol'd.  I wish I could see video of your reaction; I bet it was hilarious.  😉

I made these for my mom - who was ALREADY highly skeptical - and luckily I made baked potatoes alongside them because we were literally in stitches at dinner just saying "wow these fucking suck" and "this was an epic fail" over and over, it was the hardest I'd laughed in a LONG time, I really should vlog eating gnarly foods huh??

15 hours ago, foxinthenorth said:

Yes.

I love mushrooms and it's bringing me a rare variety of joy to see you describe with disgust some of the very things that I like about mushrooms. 😂I wouldn't describe it quite the same, because I like them, but I totally know what you're referring to in the texture, flavor, etc. This isn't a case of "wow that's not how I experience mushrooms at all" this is a case of "yeah, you don't like mushrooms."

Well done for giving them a good try anyway. 😄

LMAO oh man!! I tried to go at it with a positive "yeah this is gonna RULE" but gosh after those first few chews I was like

oh no

I have made a grave error

15 hours ago, Rinna said:

I cooked with shiitake mushrooms once, which smelled and tasted like SHIIT(ake).  Can’t do any of them raw, omg that’s just gross.  But some nice button (generic white) shrooms, sautéed to death in butter & garlic?  That I can do.  We had dinner once and the hostess served portobello mushroom “burgers”.  Gag me with a spoon. 🤢🤮 No.  Just, no.  Give me the charred (or just well done😉) flesh of cow, please.  

OMG we were talking about the portobello burgers and I'd actively lay myself down in the middle of the highway if that was my only option aadjksghds YES MA'AM, one real burger coming up over here too!!

14 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

I’ll never not think forest soil when I eat mushrooms from here on out.

FRESHLY TILLED, mind you!

10 hours ago, Rebel Pilot Gar said:

Okay. Good to know. As I said, BF and I both strongly dislike mushrooms. So my plan of attack if we ever happen upon them from a farm box or such will be to give it away to our friends who love them lol. 

Also your description of the experience? Absolutely stellar. 

But super kudos for giving them the chance at least !! Even if you didn't like them in the end, you at least tried. 

Yeah I totally chopped the rest up and left them outside for the animals.

Haha thank you!  I do sometimes lean into hyperbole-land but WOW they were BAD.  Capital b b b bad.

I'm glad I at least tried too!! I wanted to like them so bad, but.... here we are~

8 hours ago, //Min said:

Now I'm wondering what kind of mushrooms you used... Your description had me in stitches! 

"The texture, it's like biting into one of those cheap foam flipflops you buy at the boardwalk for a buck but it's been left sitting in a bucket of salty water all day so it's like, bloated and soggy and just, pliable in an unsettling sort of way as it gently squeaks along the sides of your teeth as you chew it, why does it DO that."

This reads like a classic yo.

I threw the packaging away, ack! They were like white button mushrooms, but bigger.  Liiike....

image.png.8ab5f11ba1ca4965ac54a1ddb6b1f288.png

Them boys!  *eyes photo warily*

Ahaha I'm glad you liked my descriptions, literally the first thing I thought of when I got a good chew in was "old soggy foam". XD

5 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

I cannot tell you how happy this made me.  This is exactly how I feel about mushrooms but most of the people I know love them so I always thought I was just some weirdo who can't stand eating dirt flavored flip-flops.  So glad to know I am not alone.

I HAVE FOUND MY PEOPLE!!!

MUSHROOM DISLIKERS UNITE!!!

Right?? I know so many people that love them too!!  And now I cannot see WHY!!!! We don't need no dirty ol' flip flops to have FUN that's RIGHT

Thanks guys for mushroom solidarity ❤️

• Like 6

Good MEOWNING friends!  (ha ha see what i did there)

tenor.gif?itemid=16923999

I have had a really good week so far!  I've been in a good mindset and yesterday I did 60 minutes of kettlebells while watching Ferris Bueller's Day Off - a CLASSIC - so that was a huge win.  I've started having protein smoothies with fruit in the morning this week too, now that I can get my hands on fresh produce.  This morning was passionfruit, blackberry, banana, and blueberries!

As of right now my workplace is on the track to reopen on Monday with the state's Phase 1 guidelines and I'm actually looking forward to it.  Our in-office employees only number about 15 currently workspaces are spread out enough through the whole building that I'm not worried about myself or any of my coworkers, and our owners have been REGIMENTED about keeping customers -out-, deep cleaning the office, and putting walking flow arrows down on the floor to keep us in a pattern and not willy nilly all over the place. I'm grateful that out of all of our employees in and out in the field, no one has gotten sick! Everyone's really taking super care so I'm glad. ❤️

This was also an opportunity to buy myself a sweet new bento box online so I could pack my lunch in it and stay away from the microwave.  It arrives Saturday... :3

This weekend is going to be up in the 60s and 70s so I can't wait to get OUTSIDE!!!  ❤️ The sunshine and warmer weather are definitely a welcome change.

• Like 9

Glad you are doing well and sad that you can't enjoy the rich earthy taste that is good mushrooms well prepared. I can deal with those white button mushrooms, but I grew up where with family members that foraged their own mushrooms and I can't resist a good chantrelle or even better some morels... sautéed in butter with lots of pepper and salt... yum!

Bento box is a great idea! I have one and it makes me want to pack lunch because my lunch box is cool again... maybe even cooler than that Scooby-Doo lunch box I had as a kid.

• Like 2

I've started having protein smoothies with fruit in the morning this week too, now that I can get my hands on fresh produce.  This morning was passionfruit, blackberry, banana, and blueberries!

I need to get on this.  It sounds AMAZING. 

This was also an opportunity to buy myself a sweet new bento box online so I could pack my lunch in it and stay away from the microwave.  It arrives Saturday... :3

Woohoo!  I'm glad everyone at work is doing well and you will get some normalcy back!!

• Like 3

On 5/13/2020 at 10:38 AM, GoodDoug said:

Glad you are doing well and sad that you can't enjoy the rich earthy taste that is good mushrooms well prepared. I can deal with those white button mushrooms, but I grew up where with family members that foraged their own mushrooms and I can't resist a good chantrelle or even better some morels... sautéed in butter with lots of pepper and salt... yum!

Bento box is a great idea! I have one and it makes me want to pack lunch because my lunch box is cool again... maybe even cooler than that Scooby-Doo lunch box I had as a kid.

Foraged.... their own........ 

Okay I just googled 'morel' okay okay okay okay you win, wow, if I had to eat one of those I think my skeleton would secede from my ACTUAL BODY wow w o w !!!!!

On 5/13/2020 at 12:22 PM, Cheetah said:

Bento lunches are the best!  You should definitely post pics of what you come up with.

On 5/14/2020 at 2:23 AM, Salinger said:

I also would like pics of your lunches :D

that smoothie sounds incredible :o xx

It should arrive today and I CAN'T WAIT! I have an idea of what I want to do for my first week but I need to see what the box actually looks like...

On 5/13/2020 at 8:43 PM, Novaurora said:

I need to get on this.  It sounds AMAZING. 

Woohoo!  I'm glad everyone at work is doing well and you will get some normalcy back!!

ME TOO, they're slowly re-entering each employee back because some people have been gone for like 2 months, so since I'm fairly acclimated I go back Wednesday!  CAN'T WAIT

Hi all, happy weekend!

c828385ee545d25d24918e021f3a1873e7ac7de1

I guess I should maybe update on my goals a little, huh:

CLOUD STRIFE

Don't be a shithead.  I think I've done pretty well at this? I'm still dealing with some internal bitterness but I have a feeling a fair amount of that may be due to isolation and Life Lately.  It still sucks when after a long week I'd love to curl up on the couch with someone and read a book but I'll have to settle for reading on the deck alone, which honestly isn't a terrible fallback~

AERITH GAINSBOROUGH

I did get outside last weekend! This weekend aims to be BEAUTIFUL here too so I'm hoping to take another excursion as soon as this afternoon! It POURED here last night with sheets of heavy rain and big thunderstorms so it's a little cooler this morning than I would like (and cloudy), but the sun should show up for good soon.............

TIFA LOCKHART

I've done kettlebells for 60 minutes a piece twice this week!  AND yoga once!  AND I still have two days left of the week to go!! My Always Problematic Right Shoulder has been acting up a little so I'll need to be careful of that - with sports massage out of the question right now I'm definitely doing what I can at home, and maybe will throw a little mobility work into next week too.

BARRET WALLACE

Possibly a vlog will come this weekend.  Possibly when I'm outdoors, or POSSIBLY when I get my bento box. Or POSSIBLY MAYBE WE'LL SEE IDK

Also of note somehow I have been sleeping excellently well. I don't know why but HELL I'LL TAKE IT.

• Like 9