It's the final countdown!

Lara

2 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

Sounds like what they are saying is that the normal way is for them to get to be the first to see the baby.  I suspect they are more concerned about not being first than the actual welfare of anyone involved

But they're going to be the first anyway. No one else is coming to visit us at the hospital. Boyfriend's brother is currently living in Chile and will only be back in august or september. And then MIL's sister won't set a foot in a hospital until all this virus thing is gone. No other members of my boyfriend's family are interested in coming to visit, and my family lives at a 4 hours drive, and (let's cross fingers because this discussion is still in the air) won't be visiting until august. Friends will have to wait until we find it is ok for them to come. This means, they're going to be the ONLY ones seeing the baby when she's born.

I've decided to just not think about it anymore, because it has no logic.

Seems that challenge ends today. Or ended yesterday. I stopped tracking things long ago, but fortunately, if we except a very few days, my energy has mostly been restored after iron and sugar got in place. On best days, most of them, I'm walking a couple of hours a day, weakest ones I stay on 30-45 minutes. I've been doing the daily stretches 3-4 times a week, and I'm more or less myself. My brain is not as foggy, although I still find it difficult to focus on something that implies some mental effort.

9 days to go for my due date, but some people are convinced that I will not make it that far, because there are too many important dates before and the kid will choose one of them... june 20, is summer's solstice, then on 21st summer officially starts AND moon phase changes (seems that moon as the best labor inducer is a popular belief here, and I didn't even know). I don't think any of this has anything to do with the baby being born or not, but I admit that her being born during summer's solstice would be beautiful :)

• Like 6

The Wolverine - Level 5 // BER  6.5 // HEA  4 // STR  4.4 // STA  3 // DEX  4 // CON  4 // WIS  4.75 // CHA  1

He who conquers others is strong; he who conquers himself is mighty.

Adventures don't start until you get into the forest.

6 hours ago, KB Girl said:

9 days 😳

You’ll be in my thoughts! All my fingers and toes are crossed all goes well and you have a good experience. 

Thanks!

The Wolverine - Level 5 // BER  6.5 // HEA  4 // STR  4.4 // STA  3 // DEX  4 // CON  4 // WIS  4.75 // CHA  1

Things are moving, apparently.

Spoilered for grossness...

Spoiler

For the past few days I've been sloooowly losing what seems to be the mucus plug. It seems to be taking forever. But it felt great because it could mean change. And gosh, I need a change. My last good day was saturday I think, and since then I've started to be fed up of being pregnant. I guess this happens to everybody, but it kind of surprised me because until saturday I felt totally fine with an ever bigger belly and growing lack of autonomy. But these past days have been exhausting. Walking tires me a lot, I'm a bit out of breath again, and I'm sleeping poorly and only for a few hours. I'm back to using chairs to sit, instead of being on the floor mainly, because getting out of the floor is quite a task right now. Only that Wolvie doesn't seem to like chairs and insists on banging her head against my pelvic floor when I sit and it is not nice. For the last weeks, she's started to be very active in the evenings, from 9 to 12, sometimes until later, to the point that some nights I need to finish my dinner standing up. Also, many nights I will need my boyfriend to come and put his hands on my belly to try to calm her (yes, she still insists on being quiet when he is around, so I'm using that in my benefit now), but sometimes even that doesn't work (and boyfriend is extremely happy about that :D). So when I started dripping that thing it was like, yay, finally! But nothing happened for days aside from that.

Then today there's been a new change, but I'm not sure how close I am to labor. Early this morning, what until now had been a dull mild ache that came and go and I have always identified with Braxton-Hicks, has evolved into something new, some sort of pain waves that last for about 30 seconds and then go away leaving a very nice sensation of relief. They have a clear wavy pattern: they start, grow, peak (about 20 seconds, the most of it), decrease, and disappear. I've read so much about false labor and things like that, that I don't know what to think. They're certainly not regular (sometimes every 10 minutes, others every 5 or 15 or more than half an hour) and not that strong that I can't talk or move, so maybe they're just a more bothering variation of Braxton-Hicks.

An inconvenience that seems to be a result of this change is that the aches that keep me from sitting at dinner time, seem to be here now to spend the day with me... It's probably the kid getting even lower in the pelvis, but heck, it's so annoying. Definitely considering jumping to see if that gets her out.

• Like 5

Oooh, progress!  Sounds to me like Wolfie is getting ready to level up and get started on her next adventure :) 

• Like 1
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread    Bodyweight Exercise Library

The Arruvia Conspiracy Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 567, 89, 10 

Other Challenges: 12345, 6, 7, 89, 10, 11, 1213, 14, 15 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28Mardi Gras [Current]

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

Well, apparently we will have to wait...

After 10 hours it is clear that contractions have no pattern regarding duration, intensity or frequency, so I guess I was right and this is "false labor". At least, I'm using this time to get used to the sensation, and to learn to relax and breathe through it, even if I know that this level of discomfort is probably far from what real labor will feel like.

The only thing these contractions have apparently achieved so far is to make my boyfriend nervous about leaving me alone at home this afternoon while he is at work. It doesn't matter how many times I've told him this is not the real thing, he is still thinking I will call him later drowning in pain. Good thing is I managed to convince him not to tell anybody, the last thing we need right now is her mom calling us every hour to ask whether we're headed to the hospital.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, zenLara said:

Good thing is I managed to convince him not to tell anybody, the last thing we need right now is her mom calling us every hour to ask whether we're headed to the hospital.

Indeed! 
Anyway, this is still a good sign :) can’t imagine you’ll be waiting weeks.

• Like 1

Main Quest: becoming a decent kettlebell lifter and a great coach

Current challenge: It's all future KB Girl's problem

my instagram - my gym's instagram

2 minutes ago, KB Girl said:

can’t imagine you’ll be waiting weeks.

Let's hope, because this is week 40... :D

2 minutes ago, zenLara said:

Let's hope, because this is week 40... :D

going past due date sucks huh? 
Especially when you’ve felt pretty great right up to it.. and then 11 more days of blagh and torn skin 😭

4 minutes ago, KB Girl said:

going past due date sucks huh? 
Especially when you’ve felt pretty great right up to it.. and then 11 more days of blagh and torn skin 😭

No, no past due date. I didn't write it correctly. I'm starting week 40 (39+1). Due date is next tuesday.

Torn skin? Whut?

4 minutes ago, zenLara said:

No, no past due date. I didn't write it correctly. I'm starting week 40 (39+1). Due date is next tuesday.

Torn skin? Whut?

Ah yes so I didn’t misremember the 2-3 weeks left before time is really up :) 

I think/hope you won’t go over then!

my first was 39+4 (🤞) and the second 41+4 and my belly skin started tearing at 41 😫

30 minutes ago, KB Girl said:

and my belly skin started tearing at 41 😫

😨😨

I hope it's recovered now.

May your little one come soon. 

• Like 1

Adventurer, Half-Dwarf Chaotic-Good Paladin

Ne me dites jamais les chances!  ¡Nunca me digas las probabilidades!

Character Sheet Training Logs Challenges Prepping for Adventure PrepAdventure Prep Fall BabyWhen Are We Again, Anyway?WhirlwindThe Leaf's LocusHarnessing Hamingja New Roots More Beginnings, More Roots Cleaning Up Facing The Hailstorm Yo Ho Yo The... Keto Life For Me? Taming the Beast Another Step Towards the Future Baking, Suburban Homesteading, and Health, The Adventurers of the Lucky Vale IIIIIIIVVVI, VII VIIIIX

Spoiler

Perennial goals: Sleep 7+ hours a night, retain (and continue to learn) French and Spanish as a family, increase Spanish Proficiency for work and play,  read like a maniac on my own and with my kids, carry heavy stuff

Long term goals: Cut to 13-15% bodyfat, And now that I'm grown I eat five dozen eggs, so I'm roughly the size of a baaaaarge! -> Someday I'll challenge a Disney world Gaston to a push up contest and win

Seems I wasn't right about "false labour"...

Spoiler

IMG_20200619_081206_1.thumb.jpg.efe7e28246cec3073f724607e20c87fe.jpg

• Like 3
  • Wow 3
  • That's Metal 4

CONGRATS!!!!

• Thanks 1

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Just now, Endor said:

P.S. you don't look anything like i expected!!!

Yes, we were told you looked like Penelope Cruz :P

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I'm more than adequate. Leave Kanye out of this. 

Profile picture credit : NF's resident super artist - NinjaKitten