Wow. So it's been awhile.

Last time I was on the NF forums I was job searching, planning a wedding, and generally struggling with finding the time to do everything while also taking care of myself. I've always been a bit of a fairweather rebel, who goes through moments of motivation and participates, only to drift away after awhile. However, I think this two year + hiatus has been my longest. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to, life just kind of happened? And now here I am into week seven of working from home and in need of some adjustments before I lose what progress I've made. And since a challenge just ended I figured why not post? I have nothing to lose.

So life update for any of you who may remember me -  I'm now working in a different school district that is much more functional and healthy. I'm married to my awesome partner who has been in the picture since I initially joined up here in 2012. I was seeing a trainer once a week until the gyms closed, I've been in therapy since August, so overall life was moving in a pretty good direction. It isn't perfect. I've continued to gain weight, because I cannot seem to get my eating habits in sync with everything else I'm (was) doing, and I need to start caring again since I no longer have the short term "must fit in my wedding dress" motivation. And of course now my workout habits are floundering because I'm stuck at home and using a whole lot of excuses. 

So while I've had some positive changes, I am still struggling with a few of my demons that have plagued my time here at NF - weight and food. However, I'm probably in the best place I've ever been mentally since being a part of NF, though everything going on right now is challenging that. I hope I can find some new motivation, support, and friendship here as I've experienced before so I can hopefully take this slightly more stable mental/emotional health and move forward with my physical health, because I ain't getting any younger and it is only going to get more difficult from here.

So hi there. I'm Jess. I work in education with a focus in mental health. I'm almost 34 (the birthday is a coming), married, and love me some video games, tabletop RPGs, and many other flavors of nerdery. It is nice to meet and/or re-meet you all.

• Like 2

Storytelling Rebel
| Blog | Twitter

"“You've seen my descent, now watch my rising." ~ Rumi

Hi Jess! Welcome back. 

Your post resonated with me since I feel like I’m literally doing the same thing! Returning after years away. Zero control over my food and exercise what with *gestures vaguely* all this. 

i believe in you! 

• Like 1

Stonie

They/Them

Currently reading: Good Omens by Terry Pratchet & Neil Gaiman

Currently playing: Outer Worlds (Xbox)

Current DnD character: A radio presenter who’s magical bardic weapon is a portable radio broadcaster’s kit