• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Maggie-Miau

⭐Maggie Counts Stars⭐

CURRENTLY:

so, the Pandemic is still going on, plans for this year have been definitively cancelled through at least July, and we've got this situation going on right now where the kids from three different houses in the neighborhood have formed a little posse to terrorize pretty much everyone in a variety of ways ranging from Being A General Nuisance all the way up to Actual Vandalism. So that's on. mental health also hasn't been super great here lately, and i haven't been eating well as a result. Weirdly i have been doing great on my workouts. This Challenge will mostly be about getting some positive feels going and avoiding going down the slippery slope.

One aspect of that will be Actually Tracking Things. All the days have been blurring together lately and i barely know one day from another or what i did besides take vitamins and exercise. To that end, i have some shiny little star stickers in five different colors, and will be 'collecting' them in my Sloth Planner. Checking things off a list is a good way to get some good feels and see what one did during a given day/week. Using star stickers for the checking off is surely even more potent because it's silly and cute and that's how that works. Also, having only five colors means i can only have five assigned tasks, which helps prevent assigning too many tasks and getting sad due to failure to complete all of them.

The Goals:

RED: the blood of angr- um, i mean Exercise. Doesn't matter precisely what, but will probably be my Usual workout with a side of Stretching. The Get Bendy Challenge is a favorite.
BLUE: take my vitamins and drink at least two full things of water (which with the size i use would equal 3 liters)
GREEN: eat at least one meal of Real Food each day. Smoothie, granola bars, or sweets (which will be available soon for Momsauce's Birthday) don't count. They aren't strictly Forbidden, but they won't be counted as Real Food. Vegetables count as Real Food.
SILVER: Wild Card/Loosely Self-Care task. Things like, cleaning a room or practicing on my Kalimba or having a bath or drawing a picture or doing crochet or anything like that is a Silver Star task.
GOLD: do school work! i haven't decided whether to only award stars for completing an exam, or to award a star just for completing an assignment. I want to do three exams during the month of May. We're in the American History section and there's a lot of reading and assignments before each exam.

so that's up to five possible stars on any given day, with a five day week. soooo...around 30 stars by the end of this official Challenge, or 20 by the end of May. Let's see if i can make it into that range. don't know that i'll do any sort of 'prize' for the number of stars collected. that'll take some further thought.

and with that, time to count some stars

tumblr_inline_nzw9kx9vDs1qc0sxf_500.gif

• Like 5

Week Zero:

Total Stars - 23/25

Red - Six ( one was earned on a weekend )
Blue - five
Green - five

Silver - four

Gold - three

5 hours ago, Salinger said:

Great idea Mia, really cool. Will be great to see the stars all colourful down on the page :) xx

Thank you! :D It's a bit like your lovely colored kettlebells ❤️

4 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I have many fond memories of those stars.

They're so fun!

1 hour ago, Rebel Pilot Gar said:

Love the stars idea. I’m sure it’ll be a really great visual for progress as the weeks go on.

Thank you and hi heyoo! ❤️

6 minutes ago, SkyGirl said:

I love this idea!! Eager to follow along!!

100c48d7d2529e51779fee4cb004611e.gif 

hiya Skyyyyy! ❤️

--------------------------

TODAY:

i did some re-organizing in the sewing/craft room. Mostly it was a Watch LotR kind of day. My favorite part is when Boromir dodges the arrows, has an intense heart-to-heart with Aragorn, and joins in with the rest of the journey, tells Denethor off for the way he treats Faramir, and then becomes Assistant Undermanager of Gondor in the end and is also the flower girl at Faramir's wedding. I also wrote down my goals on paper, including writing down my 'real food' options, of which there are actually Several, and going ahead and writing down that tomorrow I Will Make Pasta With Broccoli. Noodles are on thin ice at the moment as far as my willingness to eat them but they're also easy to make and slam together into a meal: Cook Noodles + Roast Broccoli + Mix With Hummus (and a little water) = Done. Good for a start ^_^

foods today have been a smoothie shortly after noon, a stalk of celery and i think two broccoli florets with some hummus at some point, granola bar at some point...and then just a few minutes ago i actually ate an apple! so that was pretty good. Not much else except that i double-checked my school stuff and holy moly rolling ravioli there's a loooooot 😭but it's fine, we'll Pace Ourself...the first part has six assignments before the exam, but after that there are twelve assignments before the second one. 

• Like 3

Heeeey so, there's an officer coming to do yet another drive-through. The alarms were set off and when momsauce opened the blinds (which is now forbidden by Grandad) i saw two of the kids/teens over in the neighbor's horse field, where they've been told numerous times by said neighbor not to go but have been seen there pretty much every night. I don't know that our cameras actually recorded any footage, though...our internet connection doesn't work well enough for them to do everything they're supposed to and so far grandad hasn't been able to see anything. But i definitely saw two of the bigger boys. So it looks like they came over here and then booked it back to the field or something.

Momsauce has confirmed that she will be calling people tomorrow to try to get something actually happening with all this.

But yeah that's tonight thoroughly shaken up. 🙃

• Sad 2

1 minute ago, Maggie-Miau said:

Heeeey so, there's an officer coming to do yet another drive-through. The alarms were set off and when momsauce opened the blinds (which is now forbidden by Grandad) i saw two of the kids/teens over in the neighbor's horse field, where they've been told numerous times by said neighbor not to go but have been seen there pretty much every night. I don't know that our cameras actually recorded any footage, though...our internet connection doesn't work well enough for them to do everything they're supposed to and so far grandad hasn't been able to see anything. But i definitely saw two of the bigger boys. So it looks like they came over here and then booked it back to the field or something.

Momsauce has confirmed that she will be calling people tomorrow to try to get something actually happening with all this.

But yeah that's tonight thoroughly shaken up. 🙃

Oh no!!! I wish someone would figure out how to get them to stop! This can't go on indefinitely!!  😮  I'm so sorry Miau!! How stressful and dreadful!!

1 hour ago, Maggie-Miau said:

My favorite part is when Boromir dodges the arrows, has an intense heart-to-heart with Aragorn, and joins in with the rest of the journey, tells Denethor off for the way he treats Faramir, and then becomes Assistant Undermanager of Gondor in the end and is also the flower girl at Faramir's wedding.

I had to read this twice, and I laughed after I figured it out.  :D 

• Like 1

it's gotten to the point where grandad's starting to tell momsauce to take me and broski and try to get an apartment somewhere which

a) we literally, genuinely cannot afford. a lot of the time we can barely get by comfortably here when only having to pay half the household bills, how are we supposed to manage rent??? we tried once back when the grandparents were first going to move in and it Did Not Work.

b) as if???? we would leave him????? ALONE??? WHILE things are Bad???

c) not to be completely shallow about the whole thing but i've been forced to give up a loved animal to move into an apartment once and i don't want to do it again.

d) grandad's already had to basically waste so much money because of these kids- security cameras and an extra light and new tires we should not need, the three of us ditching him for some apartment would make momsauce and grandad have to pay more money each per month

e) if all four of us can't get away from this nonsense i don't see the point of three of us getting to.

f) i really hope whatever number momsauce calls today does something serious because otherwise i don't know what's going to happen

g) i super wish all the money  that's had to go into the new light and these cameras could have gone into us all picking up and moving somewhere else but grandad's super attached to this property because his parents had the house built almost 50 years ago and it's %100 paid for, no house payment or rent to have to worry about just utilities and such but? ever since his wife died he's been increasingly miserable with the whole city and now that the neighborhood isn't peaceful anymore there's less and less that's worthwhile about staying, especially since he's pretty sure no one with any sense would buy this place since it wasn't built correctly to start with and the neighborhood has begun to Suck.

so that's all very Messed Up. i know God's got it under control but boy howdy i wish there was some sort of sign or indication of why this is happening or what it's all for or how it ends.

anyway yeah basically i'd like to file a formal lawsuit against 2020

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

edit: so...today's goals...brain's not working so good but i need to get it together and do some serious cleaning. i don't know.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

edit:

today's task list:

• exercise/stretch
  • make (and drink) a smoothie
  • take vitamins
  • call the library? (oh god, phonecalls) so they just have a voicemail thing and it gave me an email address to contact them instead haaaaaaaaaa nevermind i did have to actually talk to them but i got some good info about how they're actually still letting people check out books via Curbside Pickup, how cool!
  • wash any dirty dishes broski actually took over on this one Bless Him
  • clear any obvious trash (kitchen)
  • clear all surfaces/put things where they go (kitchen)
  • clean the stove
  • clean the fridge
  • re-organize the cabinets
  • straighten up the pots and pans
  • wash the counters and the sink
  • clean the kitchen floor
  • idk practice kalimba or something
  • see if grandad will allow me and broski to go for a walk update momsauce actually asked him and he expressly forbids it. so other than car trips and being in our yard we're under house arrest because of a bunch of teenagers. 😠
  • drink my water i've had a little over a liter and a half so far. it's barely afternoon so i'll easily finish before bedtime.
  • eat an actual meal. will have to...later. i'm going to make broccoli and rice for myself and grandad and have already told him so now i'll have to actually do it even if i don't want to.
  • at least open and start to read my school assignment uwu

( also momsauce has just informed me that grandad told her that he has New Information about all this that he'll have to tell her when she gets home or something. Also she won't be calling after all, she's decided to do a letter instead u-u )

Doing pretty well on the kitchen-cleaning. I made a step-by-step list and that helped with getting started. Trying to stay positive, but i do feel all shaky inside and keep almost starting to cry. Not quite done cleaning the kitchen yet. I have a couple of meditation apps on a tablet, which i tried to access today just to see if they would help with anything, but they won't actually load. So i'll maybe look at that sort of thing on youtube instead.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Salinger said:

Sending all my love Mia... i hope this situation has a solution for you very soon xxx

Thanks Sal ❤️ I don't know if there will be a solution, but grandad got the cameras re-adjusted today and is now talking about getting another light put up.

-------------------------------

TODAY:

has hit the afternoon wall really. bit early for that. I got most things done but don't think i have the fortitude to deal with the cabinets or the fridge today...forgot to even put the drainboard or the microwave on the list of things that need doing. So, i'll probably do those last bits tomorrow. Today's job will just be to make sure there are no dirty dishes before bed. i feel...maybe too stressed. not sure if anything's going on emotionally, but my heart feels too fast and there's a thrumming in my ears off and on. I've started my first reading assignment in American History. Actually did my stretching workout a second time and will likely do it again later. I'm looking right now for some calming music. My feels are all disconnected and confusing me right now, so that i don't really know anything for sure about myself or what i'm feeling or thinking or believing. Sometimes i'm hearing music that's not playing, and can't always tell when the alarms are actually going off. Also don't know if i'm being Weird or acceptable or...much of anything really :P

i've really been trying to just stop caring what's going on...and i do want to start spending time outside even if it is confined to my yard and not going for walks. So what if They see me (or any of the other fam) in our yard. It's our yard. But i've also seen two of the Bigger Boys- The Big Blond One and Machete Kid i think -pacing in front of our house again, staring. I'd gone to the kitchen for water and on coming back could see  through the blinds they were there. They saw me see them but it took them a little while to move on. I've closed the blinds now because i don't want to see them.

i'll be cooking later for myself and grandad. Also, later this week is momsauce's birthday, and she's having Broski to make her a cake. i won't be able to eat any of it since it'll have eggs and dairy and all sorts, so i decided that will be a good time to make a Me cake as well with the mixes i've had in the cupboard. think i'll try making a wonky layer cake. That'll be fun.

Here's some music, a couple of my favorites:

• Like 2

YESTERDAY: wound up ending pretty well all things considered. had good sleeps and felt okay. the alarms went off at one point but as usual they gave no indication as to why they were going off. some strange dreams but nothing horrible.

i don't even really want to bother hashing out the latest details of The Situation but, short version, yesterday Machete Kid actually threatened the owner of the property the kids most like to trespass on, which led to an argument between that person and Machete Kid's dad, whose entire response was basically "I can't do anything about it" and there have been a couple of other developments but it's not. it's whatever. this information comes to me third-hand ofc (from momsauce who got it from grandad who got it from the guy who got threatened). grandad didn't tell me himself because he didn't want to upset me yesterday, but momsauce went ahead and told me today (as a sort of extra caution to not go outside while she's at work and grandad's away today) and i'm really not even upset. it's just "oh. wow yeah that sounds pretty on-brand i guess"

anyway, got all my stars yesterday, shockingly enough. haven't made much of a start today other than taking care of the cats. jobs?

• make smoothie
  • take vitamins
  • drink water
  • exercise/stretch
  • clean microwave
  • clean fridge/freezer
  • reorganize cabinets
  • wash drainboard
  • do next school reading assignment
  • eat real food at some point
  • ??????

not related to anything but there's an actual all-vegan restaurant opening in the city three days hence, despite the current goings-on. they'll be pickup-only, of course, but it's still something to look forward to trying out. i think they'll have sort of healthy options, but it's also a lot of...kind of standard fast food stuff. which around here is interesting to be able to get a vegan version of.

now off to do workout pt. one and then make my smoothie and then do workout pt. 2...and try not to go back to bed for a long nap :lol:

• Like 3

oh also last night i was telling momsauce that i'd like to clear out the flower bed and put a bird feeder in front of the craft room window so the cats can sit in the sun and watch birds, and then she said we should do that and put a night camera in the bird feeder so then i told her we should just go all the way and get some garden gnomes and have those gnomes have cameras in their eyes and those cameras are motion-activated by humans only and when those cameras are activated the eyes also glow and those eyes are also attached to a sprinkler/hose system and also the gnomes should have like a nutcracker mouth that starts chittering when the cameras are activated, chanting in latin or something

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • That's Metal 1

...so i don't think i'm going to have the focus to get much else done until grandad gets back.

the kids have been swarming the other property all day, every time i happen to look through the blinds there they are. just witnessed the property owner talking to them there was a lot of gesticulating and then when he left they all started laughing hysterically. so proud of themselves.

i don't feel unsafe so much as just too much seething annoyance to think straight. i know i need to just let it go and accept that it'll all work out in time.

i have done lots of kalimba practice today. it's taking me a long time to get through my first bottle of water, so i'm not sure if i'll manage that star today. but i've got my red one and my silver one, and will get my gold one once i finish my reading assignment.

just called the non-emergency line because the kids were playing on the power poles outside. the cables coming off the power pole- i don't know if those are just for anchoring or if there's any danger but the kids were yanking on those cables and swinging around on them and making a big ruckus about it and they have the little ones with them and i don't want anybody getting fried so i called and wouldn't you know they've all dispersed now so now the officer is going to get here and find Nothing Going On BUT i did tell them which house at least some of the kids are from so maybe somebody will get some sort of taking-to for all the good that's going to do.

also, and this is just me being petty at this point, they left some sort of trash by the pole. it's one piece of litter but also How Dare They. Find a Trash Can Ya Heathens.

edit: that accomplished Nothing :)

• Sad 1

i take it back: RO actually made the deputy who came out here go give the kids a talking-to even though initially the deputy was like "nah" about it and also grandad told me that RO told him to tell me that i did the right thing by calling that number :') the validation i'm so. But yeah so due to the way things played out the kids know exactly who snitched on them so we'll probably all be murdered tonight but honestly who cares :lol: 

• Like 2

....so i didn't actually do much in the kitchen today but i have done so much kalimba-ing. i can play Concerning Hobbits now! I'm going to earn my gold star before bed, or at least attempt to. And will at the very least make sure the kitchen is tidy before bed even if it isn't as thoroughly cleansed as i want. 

I downloaded a thing on the tablet today, called The Meditation Game or something of that sort. It's a simple set up where you tilt the tablet around to maneuver a ball of light to collect little 'energy' pieces while gentle music plays and text appears to guide your breathing and such. Very basic kind of underwater look to it, quite pretty. I'm not so good at the breathing part, but it's a nice little 'game', really. Will do more stuff tomorrow ❤️

• Like 2

Dude, this situation is crazy and ridiculous and it's a wonder you have any sanity left at all??? I would be about ready to take a garden gnome to those kids' heads by this point!!! Keep on kalimba-ing and drinking water and whatever you need to do to not, like eat someone, because good gracious. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, SkyGirl said:

Dude, this situation is crazy and ridiculous and it's a wonder you have any sanity left at all??? I would be about ready to take a garden gnome to those kids' heads by this point!!! Keep on kalimba-ing and drinking water and whatever you need to do to not, like eat someone, because good gracious. 

i mean, i do keep violently alternating between reacting like a Christian, Not Caring Anymore, and getting kinda close to reacting how Jesus would want me to ;) a lot of it is really just "ugh they probably feel so big and smart and like YA Protagonists uggggh *bends fork*" i'm really torn between very much wanting these kids to be okay and get whatever kind of help they need and just not get hurt or anything, and being like "SCARE THE SOUL FROM THESE FOUL FIENDS. JAIL FOR ONE-THOUSAND YEARS. TIE THEM TO THE INDUSTRIAL CEILING FAN AHEEEEE"

------------------------------------------

TODAY: it is 11:12 and i've not done anything yet, partly because the camera people were here and i was hiding in my room with my cats :lol: I'll take down their kennel and do a workout momentarily. the camera people had one of the sirens going off nonstop for about 30 minutes. It's stopped now, thankfully. I did my reading assignment last night, but will probably need to go back over some parts today before moving on to the next reading assignment. Then i'll be halfway to the first exam of this module. i think. Don't know precisely why, but last night i wound up making a list of books i used to be into during my peak library-going years. Thinking about making a game of, finish reading one book i already have here, and then i can check out one of those books to re-read. See if any of them are still to my tastes or are still as good as i remember. I've also been missing the show White Collar even though the ending made me want to burn down a furniture shop. Maybe we've got that weird Nostalgia thing going again like several months ago when it was "Missing Great-Grandma" hours.

anyway, TODAY'S JOBS:

• take down kennel
  • do workout/stretches
  • Drink Water/Take Vitamins
  • Eat real food
  • Do Reading Assignment
  • Catch Up On Laundry And Actually Put It Away Like A Functioning Adult
  • Shower Time
  • Oop grandad just called me  brb
  • he wanted to show me that the cameras are finally configured correctly
  • practice kalimba or something idk
  • ????
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Salinger said:

Hey Mia, how are you? Did you manage to eat at all ? ❤️ xx

food total for the day was a granola bar, a smoothie, half a stalk of celery, some fries that momsauce brought me, and an apple. not the best ever, but not the worst :P i think the celery and apple kinda count as Real Food?

------------------------------------

TODAY:

tumblr_pcoz81DJMY1vf95a1_540.gif

we've been feeling kinda gross since yesterday really, and then today it's Feeling Kinda Gross + All Janky-Jittery. Had one dream last night where broski was being a jerk to me about the game Apples to Apples. I don't remember in what specific way he was being a jerk, just that we were very unhappy with each other. Had another dream in which this person broke into the house to attack me and, in the course of fighting with them, i  started to notice the attacker actually was me, at least physically looked like me, which was weird. It was an excessively violent dream u-u even with the bad dreams, i slept in 'til 10 😱

still going to do my star tasks today.

Cat Norrell has managed to get into the bathroom to perform his favorite game: Crying loudly and appreciating the bath tub acoustics. or something.

• Like 1