• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Maggie-Miau

⭐Maggie Counts Stars⭐

Hello there! Following, if that's alright. Hurrah for Colorful Stars! Thanks for the music, especially happy to see Hilary Hahn :) When I was on a TwoSetViolin binge, I got introduced to a lot of classical musicians by name. I only ever just randomly clicked on things until I found a version of a piece I liked, so that was fun!

Sorry to hear about the kids... That sounds terrible. Good job with the celery and the apple, that totally counts as Real Food :D 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, analoggirl said:

Hello there! Following, if that's alright. Hurrah for Colorful Stars! Thanks for the music, especially happy to see Hilary Hahn :) When I was on a TwoSetViolin binge, I got introduced to a lot of classical musicians by name. I only ever just randomly clicked on things until I found a version of a piece I liked, so that was fun!

Sorry to hear about the kids... That sounds terrible. Good job with the celery and the apple, that totally counts as Real Food :D 

It is very alright! I'll check out your thread, too! :D I do the same a lot of the time, just randomly clicking to find music i like. I've found many new favorites that way!

---------------------------

TODAY:

got all my stars! did an exam! Got a 90 and am not satisfied with the  two questions i missed...they're ones i really should have known better on, so i'll likely go back over the readings and do a retake at some point. Foods were....smoothie...i think something else but can't remember actually...and then for dinner i had real food. Roasted up some broccoli stalks with nutritional yeast, garlic powder, and salt (and olive oil) and had that with my favorite rice recipe. I've also had an apple. Right now i've actually got a cake in the oven. :D

lots more kalimba practice today. gonna be kalimba bard. Figured out how to record with decent audio so! If the internet will cooperate, i'll see about recording some of my derpy Ultra Beginner Kalimba-ing to post ^_^

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Maggie-Miau said:

they're ones i really should have known better on, so i'll likely go back over the readings and do a retake at some point.

If you can, do it! (Practice exam or actual exam? How does this work :) )

I always say exam taking is a separate skill... I've had so many times I got the material and was explaining concepts to fellow students, and they got higher marks than me :D (Until I got over my stubborn approach of "I'm not doing it for the number on the paper, I'm doing it for real world knowledge!" and started aiming my preparation more at the exam format.. Then the difference between me and my peers got smaller :) )

You just introduced me to a new, cool instrument. Thanks! Good luck with practice!

I am going to return the favor, unless you already knew what a "hurdy-gurdy" is :)

Spoiler

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, analoggirl said:

If you can, do it! (Practice exam or actual exam? How does this work :) )

It was the actual exam, yes. Retakes are allowed for any grade less than 100, and the retake only counts if it gets a better score than the previous attempt so, if i were to do a retake and get a 95 or 100, my grade would go up, but if i got a 90 or lower, my grade wouldn't change. It's not any sort of big serious program, just a slightly smuffy (yet accredited and legit) high school program.

55 minutes ago, analoggirl said:

I always say exam taking is a separate skill... I've had so many times I got the material and was explaining concepts to fellow students, and they got higher marks than me :D (Until I got over my stubborn approach of "I'm not doing it for the number on the paper, I'm doing it for real world knowledge!" and started aiming my preparation more at the exam format.. Then the difference between me and my peers got smaller :) )

With the two questions i missed on this one, it was partly down to me having rushed some of the reading, and then also my tendency to over-think or be too literal about what the questions are actually asking. Due to backstory reasons, i've never really learned how to study, so it's been an interesting exercise so far.

1 hour ago, analoggirl said:

You just introduced me to a new, cool instrument. Thanks! Good luck with practice!

I am going to return the favor, unless you already knew what a "hurdy-gurdy" is

HURDY GURDY YESSSSSSS ugh how i have wanted one ever since finding out they're a thing! Can instruments even get more epic? But i don't think i've heard that song before; so many thanks for the link! :D

• Like 1

EDIT: because accidental double-post! my cake turned out nice! i made extra so tomorrow the next-door neighbor will get a surprise delivery. The cake is vegan, but not gluten-free, so i really don't need to have more than a couple of slices in order to prevent Dying™️ the cats are hollering for their bedtime now. i might stay up a little longer but must presently away to proverbially tuck them in :3

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Maggie-Miau said:

It's not any sort of big serious program, just a slightly smuffy (yet accredited and legit) high school program.

14 minutes ago, Maggie-Miau said:

Due to backstory reasons, i've never really learned how to study, so it's been an interesting exercise so far

Ah well, in that case ignore my braggy sounding "advice". Just shave it down to the fact that indeed, exam taking is a skill, studying is another skill, and studying FOR an exam a third.

Not to overcomplicate it, just to give you a realistic view if you are ever too hard on yourself. and if there's anything you'd like to brainstorm about (how to approach it), feel free to ask.

Personally have found this website very useful https://howtostudyincollege.com/ even though I have never been to a college since it's not how the education system here works.

I can appreciate your mentality behind trying to max out on your exam quest as much as you can, good luck!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, analoggirl said:

Ah well, in that case ignore my braggy sounding "advice". Just shave it down to the fact that indeed, exam taking is a skill, studying is another skill, and studying FOR an exam a third.

No worries, you didn't sound braggy at all. ^_^ I agree with you about them all being separate skills, and very much appreciate both your advice and the link you sent me.

Here are some more cool instruments, if you're interested :D

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TODAY: is another "Is it Allergies Or A Cold?" day. started yesterday, best i can tell. i thought that as usual the sniffle-sneezing would go away after the first few hours of the day but NOPE it's persisted. My present inability to breathe and eat at the same time has made today's nutrition fairly abysmal, plus just haven't felt like eating. I have been drinking lots of water and have Real Food cooking right now ( red potatoes with some spiced/nutritional yeast vegetables ) had something like a three-hour nap around mid-day <.< tried to sew my own mask but immediately botched it, can't find my seam ripper at the moment though so fixing it will have to wait :lol: i've been putting off attempting to make a mask because tbh the whole mask thing kinda freaks me out. Seems unavoidable at this stage though so i need to get over it and start wearing one...that or send broski on all the errands since he has no such qualms about them.

not much else going on except that tomorrow's Third Attempt at donating blood has been cancelled due to the Either Cold Or Allergies We're Not Sure But You're Not Allowed Near The Place If You've Been Sneezin'

leaning toward It's A Cold Of Some Sort though bc we've also got that lovely like, weepy, overly emotional thing going on that always seems to accompany the Sick. I listened to He Lives In You yesterday and swear it almost killed me.

• Like 1

On 5/9/2020 at 1:24 PM, Salinger said:

How are you Mia?xx

Much better! Still a little sneeze-prone but overall way better :3

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THE WEEKEND: did half a workout on Saturday even though it was technically a day off, and also slept a lot. :lol:  Blood donation appointment (what would have been the third attempt XD) got cancelled because Sneezing/Coughing too much. Not sure that i ate any real food at all tbh. Had cake over the weekend and some chips/guacamole at one point but otherwise can'tSaturday was momsauce's birthday, and then on Sunday evening we all played Clue, which was fun. I finally actually sewed a face mask. It took me two failed prototypes...the second one technically wasn't so much an actual fail as it was just me realizing the type of elastic i have is Wrong And I Hate It, so attempt no.3 uses ties instead and is much better/more tolerable even with my stitching being far from perfect. It's yellow and has got tiny bees on it.

as far as the troublesome neighbors are concerned, they've dialed it back considerably since whatever day the last Reported Incident was. The only thing is their dog came in my yard and attacked the outside cats...yesterday? or maybe Saturday? All the cats escaped unscathed, though!

for some reason i keep feeling like i'm Lying about the tasks checked off in my notebook/the stars for each one. I haven't even put the tally for the week in the thread yet and it's ...even though i definitely did and remember doing my tasks that i collected stars for, and didn't give any stars for tasks that weren't done. There are a couple of days with a star or two missing but i'm still like "nope i'm lyin lol i didn't actually do anything XD" so that's a bit disconcerting.

i've learned to play Country Roads Take Me Home and also Tale As Old As Time on my Kalimba! Not very well yet, but i can play them :D

TODAY:

it's almost 11AM and i haven't got a whole lot done actually. Had a smoothie, took vitamins, and finished up sewing my mask while waiting for the rest of the household to be up. The security guy also had  to come back today. So, 

JOBS:

• take down kennel
  • stretch/exercise (did workout with no break between sets this time! and added stuff to it!)
  • eat real food dangit
  • drink the water ( in progress! )
  • do a reading assignment
  • idk clean something maybe

which is a. very small list but we'll see how it goes and add more stuff as needed to fill the day :D

edit: spontaneously decided to reorganize the fabric shelves BUT also had the sense to go "that's going to need some planning" and allocate it to Next Weekend when momsauce will be around to help me sort it all. I want to sort it out by Potential Use- separate the Eventual Garment fabrics from the Eventual Quilt fabrics from the Eventual Random Project fabrics.

• Like 1

ate some real food- penne with tomato sauce. confirmed definitely off pasta rn, cannot hack it, noodles are Nasty Terrible Bad. They were cooked correctly and everything and the texture was just...blehhhhh. actually still feel a little sickish. won't buy noodles again in the near future. Maybe solid noodles like farfalles would be better.

still have to do my reading assignment and keep drinking water. definitely will have lots of time for cleaning and will probably make some more masks just because why not.

edit: did my reading assignment. probably going to go ahead and do another since it's not even 2pm yet ... then some cleaning, then some more mask-making. think i'll give the bathroom a good tidy for having a bath this week. i've an apatosaurus bath fizzer in need of hatching :lol:

edit 2: ate real food again! i made some cauliflower barbecue bites and apart from not having any ranch to go with, they were perfect. i made too much to eat all in one go, so there's some that can be reheated in the oven later on. it's been a while since i made them, so they were a nice treat. Tomorrow will probably do roasted potatoes/carrots with some greens.

also...wound up hitting the 3pm wall of Nope, No Braincells Left, and so haven't actually done much except make my cauliflower bites. Haven't quite got my second burst of energy but hopefully will have a bit of a Round Two of Getting Things Done later in the evening. Overall a good Monday.

• Like 1

TODAY:

was up til 11 last night, which for me was a little late. had weird dreams. in one of them, my brother put a lizard on my bed and then, upon recapturing the lizard, flushed it down the toilet despite my begging him to just let the poor creature go outside. Naturally i accosted him about this today :P another dream was about The Neighborhood Kids, except there were a lot more of them and they were playing more more on our actual property. They were also laughing at me. So that was all very ridiculous. :lol:

late start this morning, but i'm having my smoothie and vitamins and will get going properly soon. Actually a little sore from yesterday's workout. Also, the Snuffles have returned with a vengeance u-u tomorrow starts the lead-up to grocery day and for the most part i'll be keeping things v simple but am also thinking about getting a plantain to try. Saw a recipe using plantains on youtube. It looked good. I've never had plantains before due to being like, "that looks like a banana and therefore must be evil and of the devil"

edit: almost forgot,

TODAY'S JOBS:

• do second half of workout ( already did the first half )
  • eat real food
  • drink all the water
  • take vitamins (forgot to take them with my smoothie uwu)
  • do next reading assignment
  • practice kalimba ( have officially committed Concerning Hobbits to memory and can play it without consulting the note chart or pausing to think about it :3 )
  • idk clean something i guess

edit: oof it is. really slow go today. kinda sad and slow. can't seem to focus on any task.

edit: made real food! i cut a sweet potato into rounds and parboiled them, then drained the water and added a little vegan butter and salt to the pot and shwazzled that around until the potato pieces were coated. put them onto a baking sheet (on parchment paper) and put them into a 435f oven. No particular reason why that specific temperature. While the potato rounds were roasting, i put the contents of a bag of frozen spinach into the same pot i'd cooked the potato pieces in, added a little olive oil and liquid smoke, some vegetable bouillon, a chopped onion, a little bit of salt, and a very little bit of water. Put the lid on and let that go on the stove. I don't know exactly how long i cooked everything, but at some point i flipped the potato pieces so they could brown a little on the other side as well. The potato pieces and the spinach went really well together and i'll probably make the same thing for dinner :lol:

TODAY:

stayed up til midnight last night just listening to music. stayed in bed til ten this morning, not sleeping, just thinking about too many things. stupid stuff mostly. immediately put the kennel away upon getting up, though, instead of procrastinating on it, so there's that. Feeling like a Stupid Idiot Failure Glob of Useless Goo today, some of which is my own fault, but i'm gonna be a Stupid Idiot Failure Glob of Useless Goo who still earns some stars. My music last night was good though. 10/10 a whole jam session, songs that i don't often listen to but are actually genuine favorites. Don't know why i don't listen to them more.

JOBS:

• exercise
  • eat real food and not just the kettlechips momsauce brought me yesterday (after a full day of just kettlechips, it was spinach + sweet potato to the rescue )
  • take vitamins
  • do reading assignment ( we did a brief overview of the Seven Years War yesterday and today it's all about the lead-up to the American Revolution )
  • do/finish laundry 
  • refill the bobbin on the sewing machine because it ran out of thread right as i finished making my mask
  • record kalimba?
  • read at least one chapter of JS&MN

• Like 1

struggling to do my tasks today, but i have been doing some writing. i've been listening to some of my old playlists while writing and found these song again. I like it. They feel different than they used to...especially the first one, which hits some of the thoughts i've struggled with in recent months, but also kind of makes me feel better about that in a way.

TODAY: Calling time on it. Might still do some reading/eat some real food but for the most part, am done. We've got a case of the sads. Not really related to that, i have cause to feel as if the Bad Neighbors are Up To Something. Not my business to worry about of course. Feel like i miss somebody but don't really know whom. Somewhat hate myself today, but that's fine for now.  I wrote a little bit in lots of projects today, which sort of amounted to writing a lot after all. Especially when my previous total on those projects was nothing, and now all of them have something. So that's nice. Might actually finish something if i can keep going.

Edit: oop. turns out something's definitely up. idk what it is but Something's Up. Also the kids decided to tie something around one of the cables they were fooling around with the other day. One of the boys has also been acting more...i wouldn't say aggressive exactly? but he's...it's as if he mocks people. like, if you're in your car and trying to leave the neighborhood, and he's in the way because he's playing in the road with the rest of the squad, he doesn't just take his sweet time about getting out of the way but will also, and this is going to sound stupid and like i'm being the Okay Boomer meme and taking offense at nothing but he'll like, do the fortnite dance at you and laugh about it. Or just make obscene gestures or mime like he's hitting you/someone. which is all useless information i shouldn't bother posting about but eyyyyy maybe it's a "physically impossible to shut up" kind of evening. 😪

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Salinger said:

Mia, im sending you LOTS of love and hope you are able to rest xx

Thank you, Sal ❤️ I actually did sleep super well and feel much better this morning! ^_^

--------------------------------------------

TODAY:

we've got the snoofles in fine form and probably woke up the rest of the household with sneezing 🤧 still feeling a little scattered but, as mentioned above, much better than yesterday. It's not quite 6:30 in the morning and i'm Up, got the kennel put away, raised the blinds so the Chelly Cat can do some morning birdwatching...took my vitamins and did part of my workout. So a good start so far. Almost went back to bed but didn't want a repeat of yesterday.

haven't decided what to use today for other than my usual tasks, but will think of something.

i realize this song has been around for a while now, but somehow i'm only just now discovering it? i've only ever heard the 'meme' part, with the "iF yOu lOvE mE lET mE gOOOOOOOOOOoooooOOOOOO" bit :lol: i've had it on repeat like a hip cliche. Dude's voice sounds like a cello in some parts and every single time i'm like SAGHFAHGFAGFAJK

on that note i just pressed play in the tab and was like "why can i not hear the song" and realized it was on mute so i unmuted it and there was sound but it was far away and i was like "wow the volume on this is terrible" but then realized my headphones Were Not Plugged In. lastly, I FOUND A KALIMBA TUTORIAL FOR IT. 😭i'm gonna be a Angsty Cliche Kalimba Bard🙌

• Like 1
  • That's Metal 1

Cant wait for the Angsty Kalimba !!!! :D 

I havent listened to PATD for years, i really liked the first (?) album! When i was a emo kid. haha 

Hoping your day continues to be good. xx

• Like 1

The Day So Far:

• ate real food before noon! cauliflower gloop :lol: roasted some cauliflower and garlic, put some of the cauliflower and all of the garlic into a blender cup with some water, nutritional yeast, vegan butter, and a little salt, whirred that all together and then put some of that...'sauce', i guess...over the remaining roasted cauliflower. So i guess it was like a really thick soup situation.
  • did my whole workout. >:)
  • tried to record some kalimba'ing but so far it would seem that turning on the camera causes me to instantly forget where all of the keys are. we'll keep trying!
  • played with cats Norrell and Chellybumper
  • did my reading assignments...and the next exam! i got a 95%. Some of the reading sections were just shorter than anticipated, and some of them on opening it was like, more of a quick scan and realizing it was covering stuff i knew, so i was able to get to the exam today instead of...not today.

remaining jobs:

• wind bobbin
  • keep drinking lots of water
  • actually record
  • clean stuff. kitchen? bathroom? w/e
  • avoid the afternoon tendency to just freeze up and wind up doing nothing for the rest of the day yeeeeeee
  • realize it's thursday and then realize i've been subconsciously thinking it's friday for the entire day so far
  • hold that thought bc Gray Major Cat has come to sit in the window and visit me
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Salinger said:

Cant wait for the Angsty Kalimba !!!! :D

I havent listened to PATD for years, i really liked the first (?) album! When i was a emo kid. haha 

Hoping your day continues to be good. xx

ahhhh thank!

:lol: i cannot believe i've been hearing their name forever and only just now actually listened to one of their songs. this entire time i've just assumed they're Not For Me only to find out XD

i hope you have a good day too ❤️

• Like 1

• wind bobbin
  • keep drinking lots of water
  • actually record
  • clean stuff. kitchen? bathroom? w/e
  • avoid the afternoon tendency to just freeze up and wind up doing nothing for the rest of the day yeeeeeee  < FAIL XD we reached that 'all braincells are just streaming elevator music on a constant loop' stage.
  • realize it's thursday and then realize i've been subconsciously thinking it's friday for the entire day so far
  • hold that thought bc Gray Major Cat has come to sit in the window and visit me

as mentioned above, brain. not working. had some cashews that i found in the cupboard. i haven't napped, and am awake, but am so sleepy and don't seem to have the oomph for anything. :lol: i'll try to make the later-evening more productive. Otherwise...think i might be coming out of my foods slump because i have an abrupt inclination toward waffles with jam. We don't have any waffles at the moment but maybe on grocery day i'll get a box.

edit: forgot to mention, during my workout today, i managed to hit myself in the head with a dumbbell XD, not badly or anything, so aside from the initial "ow, what?" and "did i really just" it was pretty funny.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Maggie-Miau said:

:lol: i cannot believe i've been hearing their name forever and only just now actually listened to one of their songs. this entire time i've just assumed they're Not For Me only to find out XD

This was exactly my experience with PATD.  :D 

Is your head okay?? How are your sniffles?

• Like 1

I write sins not tragedies is a great song, especially when youre a little emo with a massive fringe (i couldnt see but i looked cool :P

• Like 1

🏳️‍🌈did another exam🏳️‍🌈 also did my workout and ate real food, and have been drinking water. really nothing else. just did the aforementioned tasks in between eight reading assignments and then did the exam. Got a 95% and am being childish about the one question i missed because i feel like the phrasing in both the reading material and the question itself was inadequate to produce the answer they wanted from me and that's the hill i'm gonna thrive on. 👿

otherwise, not a lot happening today! i've been trying off and on to put in our grocery order, but the internet connection today is not cooperative, so it looks like actually going in the shop tomorrow will be necessary.

• Like 3

TODAY:

had a night of troubled dreams. it all started when the decision was made to send two young royals into hiding, at which point the dream transitioned to this kind of zoo/carnival place with lots of elevated platforms and rides and such. there was a roller coaster that doubled as a transportation system and for some reason, people would wait for the coaster's cars to go by, and then would quickly secure themselves to the track via some flimsy-looking straps and would whoosh along. the dream changed to an elevator rapidly descending and someone screaming "NO!" in many languages. they were in the falling elevator with a group but, by the time the elevator landed, they were suddenly quite alone. they also went from cowering on the floor of the elevator to standing up, totally composed. The doors opened and for some reason Happy from the Iron Man movies was there. The person who'd been in the elevator had a discussion with somebody about a project they were working on. As the elevator person left the room, it so happened that there was someone in the building who intended to kill them. All the exits were locked, so it wound up being a long chase through mazelike hallways with only one inevitable outcome. Elevator Person tried breaking through windows to get outside once they figured out none of the doors would work,  but the windows only led to more hallways. They eventually ran back to the person who'd been in the room working on the project with them, but it turned out he was in on it.

it was around that point that i woke abruptly. Cat Norrell was lying on my knees :lol: fell back asleep and dreamed about Those Kids getting up to all manner of chaos. In the dream i actually politely confronted them and just asked that they play a little further from my house, or be a little quieter. They surprisingly agreed, but it didn't last long. Grandad was worried about them playing with a neighbor's Special Brick that she apparently used for cooking. He was also sleeping in his truck.

anyway, blood donation attempt number 3 this afternoon. before that, we have to go get groceries. 

i think we also get to try out the new vegan restaurant today, so that should be fun ^_^

• Like 3