• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

fleaball

Flea Gonna Do Stuff

I made a “wishlist” of things I wanted to do during May and June, apocalypse notwithstanding. Broadly, all the things happen fit into 4 categories. So since mental health is a fickle bitch, the challenge is just to do one thing that fits each category every single day. Doesn’t matter how big or how small or how many spoons it takes. 

Categories:

1. Physical health

2. Mental health

3. Job hunting/learning/personal development

4. Never ending to do list*

*oops. Everything actually fit (or was crammed into) 3 categories so #4 is a daily bonus: I have a running list on my phone of things that need to get done eventually, so if my 3 daily tasks haven’t addressed anything on the list already, do one of those too. 

Zero week goals:
- use up all non-vegan food products I have 

- clean my yoga mat, round up any exercise equipment I can find in the house

- record weight, measurements, and starting photos

Bonus challenge goal: re-KonMari everything

(Post will be prettied up when I eventually get to a computer because fuck formatting on mobile.)

• Like 12

Daily Reporting Template

Day:

1. (physical health)

2. (mental health)

3. (personal development etc)

4. (to do list)

• Like 4

Today was supposed to be cleaning and vacuuming day. But it’s nearly 80F (why???) and the dust I pissed off yesterday is aggravating my allergies despite Claritin so I don’t want to do anything. But I also really want to get this done. 

so naturally I’ve been playing Candy Crush for hours while trying to figure out my life. 

• Like 5

Fuck it, vacuuming has waited this long, another day won’t hurt. I’ll go actually cook some food instead. 

This decision brought to you by my father trying and failing to put a new blind in my window, then just walking away and leaving everything in the middle of the room that he’d moved for better access. I was not prepared for this level of bullshit. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Angry on your Behalf 2

Literally 30 seconds after I dropped my spaghetti in the pot my brother asks if I want to order food for when he gets out of work. Cut to me being a fucking idiot and sitting in a stupid long drive through line for him right now, plus making not one but two trips through the CVS drive through to pick up an Rx for him and then drop off another one. While my cooked pasta is hanging out on the stove still. I have no one to blame but myself but I’m really grumpy right now. 

44 minutes ago, Lateral Planet said:

Excellent magic trick and excellent goals! 

I used up all my brain cells for the day already. What magic trick?

• Like 5

Aaaaaaand I ordered myself food anyway since I was in line. I get points for cooking regardless and I eat leftovers like it’s my job, so it won’t go to waste anyway. Now I’ll have food ready for the next time I don’t want to cook. 

• Like 6

Seriously? I’m finally sitting down to eat food over an hour after I started making dinner, and my brother is doing his fucking barfing thing now. I am so beyond done with his entire existence. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, fleaball said:

I made a “wishlist” of things I wanted to do during May and June

So is this a wishlist or a "Wishlist" with the former being realistic things like applying for jobs and cleaning stuff or the latter which would include things like getting a magical unicorn that does all your stuff for you or your family acting like decent human beings?

• Haha 3

58 minutes ago, WhiteGhost said:

So is this a wishlist or a "Wishlist" with the former being realistic things like applying for jobs and cleaning stuff or the latter which would include things like getting a magical unicorn that does all your stuff for you or your family acting like decent human beings?

More to do list than Christmas list.

Mostly “here are the things I’d like to accomplish during this period but I know they might not all get done because life.” Like identifying certifications that would be useful for my resume and getting them or at least learning the thing. And doing things to get various blood tests back to reasonable levels when I get them done in July. I’m even trying to be gentle to myself with the setup of it. Going vegan would fix most of those blood tests, but doing that in the current situation is probably a terrible idea for my mental health, so while I’m trying to eat more vegany anyway it’s not a goal so I can’t set myself up for failure. 

But if you know where those unicorns live, hook me up. 

• Like 9

Instead of prettifying the first post, I went and signed up for um, 8?, classes on Coursera? Send help.

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, fleaball said:

Instead of prettifying the first post, I went and signed up for um, 8?, classes on Coursera? Send help.

That's a few :)

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Tateman said:

That's a few :)

Sad part is theres probably half a dozen others I really want to sign up for as well. Plus entire subject categories I haven’t explored yet. Nerd overload imminent. 

• Like 5

Two weeks ago my brother asked me if I could take over cat breakfast duties on days he's working so he could try to get to bed earlier. Breakfast happens around 5:30 (and takes forever since FK can’t eat Boobcat’s food so we have to babysit until boobcat is done, hence my brother’s issue). So now 5-6 days a week I wind up in this weird time bubble where it’s not quite worth trying to get to sleep because waking up will fuck me up, but it’s also not worth trying to stay up the whole time because that’s dumb?  Right now it’s just shy of 4am and I don’t really know what to do with myself. 

one of the things on my wishlist is to reset my sleep schedule so I’m going to bed at like 10pm and maybe waking up for the day when I feed the cats. It might get me 30-45 minutes to drink my coffee in peace before my father wakes up. I just want some window of time I can carve out for myself where I don’t have to worry about either of them bothering me. But it’s going to take some serious effort to switch things up from going to sleep at 5:30am to waking up at that time. If I can manage it it’ll be good in the long run, because I will need to sleep like a normal person if I ever get a job, plus I much prefer exercising at this time of day than any other. And honestly I hate sleeping past like 11am, but I haven’t done anything about it because lbr if my father is up and banging around by 7 why would I want to be conscious for that? When he was working and it was just me and my brother home during the day I was getting up much earlier than I am now. But when he’s home all day in general and especially now when we’re all playing the floor air is lava, the less time I’m aware of his existence, the better. 

ugggggh my life is a joke. 

• Like 6

7 hours ago, fleaball said:

I used up all my brain cells for the day already. What magic trick?

Haha sorry just me being silly. You had a placeholder in the first post saying that goals would magically appear, and then the next time I looked, there they were! Presto!

I'm glad your spaghetti isn't going to waste after you put that effort in making it. Also it sounds like a good idea to tackle the sleep schedule. I used to be a serious night owl but nowadays I'm rarely up past midnight. It's not an easy transition but it's worth it in the long run, especially if it means you can get some quiet solo time.

• Like 1

Flea: I’m gonna get my sleeping and eating on a decent schedule!

Also Flea: *sleeps til 7:30pm for no reason and doesn’t eat until after 9*

Right, so Monday is a wash. See y’all tomorrow. 

• Like 8

Idk if cleaning has fucked up my allergies or if I’m somehow suddenly allergic to local plants where I’ve never been before. Either way my eyes are super duper itchy and I’m sniffly and gross again. Eye drops and daily Claritin aren’t helping. I’m functional and sure it’s not any kind of sickness, whatever it is. But it’s annoying and I want it to stop. Especially because if it’s the dust allergy, I can’t just not clean. That will make it worse. 

grumpy flea is grumpy. I still need to update the first post as well, and finish off my wishlist.

• Like 8

On 5/4/2020 at 8:40 AM, fleaball said:

On 5/4/2020 at 9:47 AM, fleaball said:

Sad part is theres probably half a dozen others I really want to sign up for as well. Plus entire subject categories I haven’t explored yet. Nerd overload imminent. 

So many fun things to learn, so little time!

So what were the classes you signed up for?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, fleaball said:

Idk if cleaning has fucked up my allergies or if I’m somehow suddenly allergic to local plants where I’ve never been before. Either way my eyes are super duper itchy and I’m sniffly and gross again. Eye drops and daily Claritin aren’t helping. I’m functional and sure it’s not any kind of sickness, whatever it is. But it’s annoying and I want it to stop. Especially because if it’s the dust allergy, I can’t just not clean. That will make it worse. 

grumpy flea is grumpy. I still need to update the first post as well, and finish off my wishlist.

Cleaning removes dust but it definitely kicks up a lot of dust as well; it's a never-ending battle. I always get a sneezing fit after I vacuum the house. I try to clean with the windows open for fresh air, and use a damp cloth for surfaces rather than a feather duster. Hopefully in a few hours the dust will settle back down and leave you alone!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Lateral Planet said:

Cleaning removes dust but it definitely kicks up a lot of dust as well; it's a never-ending battle. I always get a sneezing fit after I vacuum the house. I try to clean with the windows open for fresh air, and use a damp cloth for surfaces rather than a feather duster. Hopefully in a few hours the dust will settle back down and leave you alone!

I try to wear a mask when vacuuming because ugh. It’s going to be in the 50sF/low teens Celsius this week so I’m aiming to finally for reals get everything cleaned and dusted since to me that’s gorgeous weather and I can leave my windows open all day. I haven’t even been doing actual dusting lately, but moving things around has angered the dust that exists here. Cat hair probably isn’t helping either. 

3 hours ago, Tobbe said:

So many fun things to learn, so little time!

So what were the classes you signed up for?

The Science of Well-Being
The Art and Science of Human Relationships: Understanding Human Needs

Creative Problem Solving

De-Mystifying Mindfulness

The Science of Success: What Researchers Know that You Should Know

Converting Challenges Into Opportunities

Creative Thinking: Tools and Techniques for Success

Meditation: A Way to Achieve Your Goals in Life

Mindshift:  Break Through Obstacles to Learning and Discover Your Hidden Potential

Oops, that’s 9. Maybe I should have added a math course. >>

• Like 6

Fuck me. I just searched “sign language” on Coursera (“ASL“ turned up nothing) and while I haven’t found an actual sign language class yet there are a ton of other classes I want to sign up for. Like right now. I might need an intervention. 

• Like 7