• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

fleaball

Flea Gonna Do Stuff

Holy shit that was the most mediocre food I’ve ever had. Like, delivery bullshit aside, it was absolutely not worth the time, money, or the heartburn it’s currently causing. Oof. 

I’ll check out all the headphone recommendations tomorrow. 

• Like 5

7 hours ago, fleaball said:

Holy shit that was the most mediocre food I’ve ever had. Like, delivery bullshit aside, it was absolutely not worth the time, money, or the heartburn it’s currently causing. Oof. 

Support (good) local businesses. Leave them a review starting exactly that. No reason for others to support a place with bad food and piss poor customer service.

• Like 6

I swear I’m not dead. Just exhausted. The dryer is broken again (new issue this time), my brother lost his glasses (found now) and it was a massive ordeal, and my father is tilting at windmills at this point and I just don’t have anything left in me to deal with any of it. So I’ve been ignoring literally everything, including here. And now I’m going back to sleep. 

• Like 11

My life is a joooooooke. 

I've been looking at all the headphones suggested. Thanks y'all. 

Ms. Fix-It wins again and with the help of google I figured out the knob on the dryer is broken, but the mechanism still works so all we need is a new knob. Unfortunately this thing is so old it looks like they don't make parts for it anymore? I can't find anything on GE's website. Which means I'll probably have to drag my ass to Home Depot this weekend with my father because I can't trust him to buy one by himself. (He keeps saying it's gas. It's electric. We went through this when it broke last time. He would 100% come home with a gas dryer that we don't have a hookup for.) He called the guy who fixed it before to ask if it's worth fixing (this is before we knew what the issue was) or if we should just buy a new one. Guy hasn't called back. So he's getting pissy again. 

When my brother lost his glasses the other day he knew they had to be in his room but didn't know where they went because they weren't where he keeps them. He spent hours looking for them and bagged up NINE bags of trash. That are still in his room. And didn't make a dent in the mountain of crap. I had to write him a script to call the eye doctor and get an appointment because he has no contacts either and needed something. That script included giving them permission to call me to make the appointment if he didn't answer his phone because he's an idiot. He found his glasses just before going to bed at 6am but didn't call the eye doctor, so I got woken up a few hours later only to find out that since he has his glasses right now, just needing an exam to get a new prescription isn't considered essential right now and they can't make him an appointment yet. If covid doesn't spike again between now and June 8 they'll probably be able to make those appointments per the governor's reopening plan, so I'll probably get a phone call then to make his appointment and clean up his self-inflicted mess. I can totally sympathize with not liking to make phone calls, but he literally was like "I don't know what to say." Bruh. "Hi I'm a patient there and I lost my glasses so I need new ones ASAP." It's not that hard. And our eye doctor is attached to a LensCrafters so they literally make them onsite in like an hour if you don't need special shit. 

On the good news side, my go-to supermarket has resumed store pickup orders, and they have all the stuff I wanted that the delivery service didn't have. So I can have vegan shit without having to go inside now. And I can also attempt new recipes. They don't do same-day orders, but I can do stuff for the next day instead of having to figure shit out two weeks at a time. I won't be doing it too often because I'd have to borrow my father's car every time and I don't want to deal with that, but it's an option. Yay. 

I really really want to shower right now because I am gross after spending time in the nasty humid cellar fucking with the dryer, but my brother and I ordered food and he's not home yet so I have to be around to collect it and it's due any minute now. And then as soon as my brother gets home he'll make a beeline for the bathroom so I won't have time then either. Raaaaah. 

Also: my neighbors directly across the street have one of those dumpster bags in the driveway because the wife is selling the house and moving after her 60+ husband died last year. A neighbor down the street has a dumpster out because the 60+ owner also died last year and the kids are cleaning it out to sell. There's a pattern here. Who do I talk to to get my house with a 60+ owner on this list? 

• Like 12

Pro tip: if you have acid reflux, don’t forget to take your medication two days in a row and then also eat shitty food that you know pisses it off. 

D: I didn’t skip it on purpose. Just got distracted when I usually take it and didn’t realize until I looked in my pill box that oops, that’s not supposed to be there still. I’ve taken some antacids but I’m pretty sure I’m not sleeping tonight because ow. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 5

Hopefully the dryer thing isn't a huge deal. And Yay for the store letting you pick up food which is good.

I feel you on the acid reflux thing. It can be miserable when you miss one dose, let alone too.

Here when you have time or spoons to deal with us.

• Like 1

Yes hello my name is Flea and I would like a cookie please. 

The dryer has been broken since Thursday, I’ve been badgering my father to do something about it every day since. And he’s been bitching every day since. Today he finally decided to order a new knob (I figured out that the original knob was discontinued but there’s a new one that replaces it) rather than buy a new dryer. It’s going to take 3-5 days to get here. While badgering him I've been reminding him that my brother is still working 5-6 days a week and is going to need clean clothes for it, and the laundromat within walking distance of our house closed several months ago. My father just kept saying “we’ll figure something out” and mumbled non-commitally about either driving my brother to another one or taking his clothes there for him. I’m sure he’d deny all of this if I brought it up again. 

Anyway. My brother is now pissed because he can’t wait 3-5 days to do laundry. I texted him that he may have a shot at a solution if he talks with our father about it tonight, otherwise his only option is to wash his shit tonight and hang it all up in the bathroom and hope it dries by Wednesday, since he’s conveniently off tomorrow. 

Flea of several years ago, if not even several months ago, would be tripping over herself trying to coordinate between the two of them and/or offering to take my brother’s shit to the laundromat for him instead. But fuck that. They’re both grown ass men, at least legally, and they should be able to communicate with each other and figure out solutions for themselves. I shoved my laundry in a rolling suitcase and walked over a mile to a laundromat in DC when our washer was broken for a month. My brother can figure out how to dry a few days’ worth of clothes. (Spoiler: a bus goes from our street to the laundromat and back, and busses are currently running for free. But he’s never taken public transportation alone in his life.)

So yes. I would like a cookie now. Positive reinforcement and all that. 

• Like 11

God, just reading that post back to myself is enraging. What a ridiculous bullshit thing to be dealing with. 

• Like 8

31 minutes ago, fleaball said:

So yes. I would like a cookie now. Positive reinforcement and all that. 

Agreed, you've definitely earned it. :) 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

We hang-dry all our clothes. Hang them on the evening and they'll be dry by the morning after. Your grown up brother should know these things and not rage about not being able to wash! I mean, wtf? Good on you for not going out of your way to solve a problem that isn't even a proper problem!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for all the virtual cookies. 

now can someone figure out why I hate showering? I like being clean and not smelly, but physically getting into the shower is such a challenge. Bah. 

• Like 6

Well, is there stuff all over the bathroom? Lots of half empty bottles cluttering up the space? Do the men clean up after they shave? An easy place to hang your towel? Do you get interrupted often? Is your hair super heavy when it gets wet and it takes ages for you to get it dry? Do you have to dry every nook and cranny because otherwise you get mold? Does the water pressure suck, or you have to take ages setting up the temperature? (Last one is one of the reasons that convinced me to try out the cold shower challenge. I know it's a luxury problem but stillllll.)

Okay that's my list of possibilities haha. Anyway I get it. It is a hassle. Getting out of your comfy clothes and such when you're meh. Or worse. Good luck on your shower mission!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, fleaball said:

now can someone figure out why I hate showering? I like being clean and not smelly, but physically getting into the shower is such a challenge. Bah. 

I too have issues with showering when I am at home. For me, it's around timing. Like, I spend so much time doing other things that by the time I'm like, "okay, now I can shower", it's super late or I'm tired or something else. It's not really about the showering, it's about not making a shower the priority that I should. I don't have any advice, just solidarity.

• Like 2

I slept through most of Monday so Monday is getting its revenge today. -__- 

Took Fat Kitty to the vet for bloodwork for his dental appointment in a few weeks. Couldn’t stop for coffee because every Dunkins we passed had a crazy long drive thru line. Ordered from a different coffee chain on Uber Eats so it would get to my house around the same time we did. It was 15 minutes late and the dude delivered my bagel but not my coffee??? 

Adding to the fun, FK and I walked into the house while my father was mid-tantrum and losing his fucking mind. Apparently one of the cats left a hairball on his bed and he only had the one set of sheets and all his comforters have hairballs on them and we don’t have a functioning dryer and “I’m not going to the fucking laundromat in the middle of the fucking afternoon” and just... ugh. And these are all problems of his own making: buy an extra set of sheets, wash things when they get fucked up instead of leaving them gross, don’t take 5 fucking days to figure out what you’re doing about the dryer.

And for extra fun, apparently my brother washed his laundry last night and just left it all in the machine??? My father found damp clothing in there. Good job, idiot. Enjoy your mildew. 

I’m gonna go mourn the loss of my coffee (yes I made some at home but I was looking forward to other coffee) and play my stupid video game that I keep dying in and losing hours of progress each time. Stupid difficult bosses and their stupid bullshit. 

• Sad 6

25 minutes ago, analoggirl said:

Well, is there stuff all over the bathroom? Lots of half empty bottles cluttering up the space? Do the men clean up after they shave? An easy place to hang your towel? Do you get interrupted often? Is your hair super heavy when it gets wet and it takes ages for you to get it dry? Do you have to dry every nook and cranny because otherwise you get mold? Does the water pressure suck, or you have to take ages setting up the temperature? (Last one is one of the reasons that convinced me to try out the cold shower challenge. I know it's a luxury problem but stillllll.)

Okay that's my list of possibilities haha. Anyway I get it. It is a hassle. Getting out of your comfy clothes and such when you're meh. Or worse. Good luck on your shower mission!

Some of your ideas apply to my current situation, but I’ve always had this issue no matter where I’ve lived or with whom. I actually like being in the shower and being clean and feeling better after a shower, it’s just the process of actually getting in there and doing it. I’ve tried playing different kinds of music while I shower, and playing with the lights, and getting products I really like, all to try to make it a better experience or whatever. And none of that helps. I still don’t want to physically get in the shower. 

Just now, Sylvaa said:

I too have issues with showering when I am at home. For me, it's around timing. Like, I spend so much time doing other things that by the time I'm like, "okay, now I can shower", it's super late or I'm tired or something else. It's not really about the showering, it's about not making a shower the priority that I should. I don't have any advice, just solidarity.

woo solidarity

• Like 3

1 hour ago, fleaball said:

now can someone figure out why I hate showering?

From what you said after this question and further down, you don't hate showering. You hate the transition from whatever you are doing to the shower, not showering itself. 

• Like 4

I’m the same way. Just hate getting in the shower, even knowing I will feel better when I’m nice and clean. Some say it’s part of depression.

• Like 4

Took a shower just so I could stop thinking about it for a couple days. Feeling clean is nice, but it didn’t last lost. Got out of the shower and noticed movement on my towel. Motherfucking spider crawling all over it. I hate spiders. So much. Managed to flick it off, no idea where it landed. Inspected the towel and didn’t see anything else. But now I’m itchy everywhere and feel like something is crawling all over me. And when I flicked it it could have landed on the pajamas I brought with me. So now I’m itchy and gross after showering and don’t feel refreshed whatsoever, and all I can think of is being eaten alive by angry spiders and/or spiders having gotten on my clothes and using that as a vehicle to lay eggs in my vagina. 

okay I’m like 70% kidding about that very last part. Only 70%. Welcome to anxiety disorders. 

• Like 7

Oh my god. I can’t. 

my brother woke up and asked if he should wash his clothes again since he left them in the machine overnight. I said probably. He then texted me from downstairs “if they smell normal do I still need to wash them?” I said it was up to him. 

then he came up and asked how he’s supposed to hang things to dry if it won’t all fit on the shower rod. He has no hangers available because he hasn’t been able to get into his closet for at least 12 years, and he wasn’t willing to get some out of mine. Which is easily accessible. But whatever. 

Now he’s got the fucking hair dryer going. I don’t know if he plans on drying a full load of laundry with a hair dryer but at this point I wouldn’t be surprised. 

I’ve been dragging my feet on choosing a pair of headphones to buy and now I wish I’d just sucked it up and bought something last week. I don’t care about the noise from the hair dryer itself, I just want to be able to pretend my idiot brother doesn’t exist right now. 

• Like 8

I think he only needed to wash it once, it's already clean, just wet. Also yes, please don't put spiders in places where they're not supposed to be.

• Like 3

I just spent hours leveling up my characters and I got this stupid fucking boss down to like 5 HP left. And then he killed everyone. I am so frustrated right now. And there’s no save point near him so I have to go do all of this all over again. Brb crying. 

• Sad 5