Flea Gonna Do Stuff

fleaball

Stupid boss! Hmph! You'll get him!

Yeah if it smells alright it's good. But like, he can google that?

Oh yeah. You have to come up with google key words to search for. No special google fu needed but he needed you to script his calls too. Hmmm. I am really curious who they would have asked if they didn't have you.

Don't get me wrong, I ask relatives and friends about the simplest things sometimes too. But still. :)

• Like 2

Level ☆ human [uncategorizable]
STR 1 | DEX 2 | CON 2 | STA 3 | WIS 3 | CHA 2
Current challenge: A Woman Who Conquers Herself is Greater | 
Battle log

22 hours ago, analoggirl said:

Stupid boss! Hmph! You'll get him!

Yeah if it smells alright it's good. But like, he can google that?

Oh yeah. You have to come up with google key words to search for. No special google fu needed but he needed you to script his calls too. Hmmm. I am really curious who they would have asked if they didn't have you.

Don't get me wrong, I ask relatives and friends about the simplest things sometimes too. But still. :)

I’m pretty sure if I weren’t around they would both just live with broken shit and with the consequences of being who they are. I’m not even being an asshole about it; there have been times in the past where each of them has had a problem that they didn’t want to bother me with for whatever reason, and just didn’t do anything about it on their own either.

When I first saw your reply I was like “well hopefully my brother would have figured it out on his own.” But I don’t honestly think so. Like, I have this annoying thing where if someone is around who is a more competent adult than me (subjective, obv) or just someone who I think should know better than I do about the given issue, I will turn to them to solve the issue and I’ll become completely useless. But whenever I’m the most competent adult around, whether I’m alone or with my family, suddenly I can Adult and solve problems and get shit done. I was initially hoping that my brother might be the same in that regard until I realized that he’s proven he isn’t. It’s largely a function of anxiety + my mother doing everything for him in the past, but again my sympathy only extends so far because he has options for managing said anxiety that he’s just not taking. So bah. 

• Like 5

Level 69 Battle Kitten

Profile photo is ancient but I'm too lazy to change it. 

Battle Log | Current Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Fitbit | Duolingo

Ici je vis la vie que j'ai choisie

Je suis partie pour reconstruire ma vie

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Stupid internet ate my post and I’m not going to type it out again. tl;dr I beat the fucking boss but there are two harder ones left now??? Also the part for the dryer is scheduled to arrive on Tuesday, which is not quite the 3-5 days we were told. And it’s coming via FedEx. And it’s going to be in the 80s the rest of the week, which sucks because I have shit to do. 

To do list for the end of the week:

- get all the shit off the floor once again

- clean my yoga mat for reals because it’s still dusty af

- find a better way to organize my dishes and cookware etc

- inventory all my groceries and try to plan how to start using shit up

- try on the sports bra that I got like two months ago 

- figure out how to put up a new blind without a drill because my father will bite my head off if I ask him about it again (I’ve looked myself in all the places it would make sense for a drill to be. There are no drills in any of those places, despite several drills existing in the house.)

- figure out how to move an adjustable shelf on my wall that’s stuck where it is (specifically, if anyone has run into this issue before, I have these on my wall and one of the brackets just won’t pop out no matter what I do to it. I just realized I haven’t tried like, grease or something that might make it slide more, but idk if we have anything like that.)

looking back at this list, I don’t actually want to do any of it. Yay. 

• Like 9

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

9 minutes ago, fleaball said:

clean my yoga mat for reals because it’s still dusty af

Is this something that you can spray with a hose/shower? If so (and if you have an easily accessible hose with a spray nozzle), maybe hose it down outside, then spray straight up and enjoy the cooling effect as well. This makes cleaning things when it's hot more fun for me anyway.

12 minutes ago, fleaball said:

figure out how to move an adjustable shelf on my wall that’s stuck where it is (specifically, if anyone has run into this issue before, I have these on my wall and one of the brackets just won’t pop out no matter what I do to it. I just realized I haven’t tried like, grease or something that might make it slide more, but idk if we have anything like that.)

Ugh, we had some shelving that was kind of like this at the library until recently, and if they get even a little bit bent (either from weight or being moved a lot), they can be a b*tch to move. Can you feel it wobble when you try to move it, or is it stuck fast?

• Like 3

Challenge:   0   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32  

31 minutes ago, juliebarkley said:

Is this something that you can spray with a hose/shower? If so (and if you have an easily accessible hose with a spray nozzle), maybe hose it down outside, then spray straight up and enjoy the cooling effect as well. This makes cleaning things when it's hot more fun for me anyway.

I’m not sure how well yoga mats dry if you soak them, but I’ll look into it!

31 minutes ago, juliebarkley said:

Ugh, we had some shelving that was kind of like this at the library until recently, and if they get even a little bit bent (either from weight or being moved a lot), they can be a b*tch to move. Can you feel it wobble when you try to move it, or is it stuck fast?

Damn, I didn’t think of that. It’s the bottom shelf and it’s been moved before so that would make sense. It wiggles a little bit, but when you try to pull it up it goes absolutely nowhere. 

• Like 3

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Yeah I changed my mind. I definitely don’t want to do any of my to do list. Who wants to do it for me?

• Like 3

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

8 hours ago, fleaball said:

figure out how to put up a new blind without a drill because my father will bite my head off if I ask him about it again (I’ve looked myself in all the places it would make sense for a drill to be.

If worse comes to worst (I was today years old when I figured out how to actually write that phrase) I've done it in the past by finding a nail smaller than the screws that would be and hammering pilot holes into the wall, then putting the screws in with a screwdriver, though it's tedious and your arms hurt after a while. Sometimes I even hammer a pilot hole when I am using a drill because it makes things easier.

8 hours ago, fleaball said:

- figure out how to move an adjustable shelf on my wall that’s stuck where it is (specifically, if anyone has run into this issue before, I have these on my wall and one of the brackets just won’t pop out no matter what I do to it. I just realized I haven’t tried like, grease or something that might make it slide more, but idk if we have anything like that.)

I have had that exact issue with that exact style of bracket. If you have a rubber mallet, literally this:
hdx-mallets-31030-64_1000.jpg

you can hit the underside of it with the mallet and that can loosen it up. Sometimes the bracket even comes flying off the rail. The image makes it hard to tell how big it is, but it's the size of a regular claw hammer. The rubber means it won't bend the metal the way juliebarkley warned about. I've done it many times. If you don't have a rubber mallet don't try it with a regular hammer or it will bend the metal.

</dad>

• Like 4

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

I'd do it for you, if I knew where you were and social distancing wasn't a thing at the moment and there was food promised.

• Like 2

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

18 hours ago, fleaball said:

After a consult with hubby. Hit the end of the bracket up (the narrow part) it should eventually tip up and then you can unhook it from there.

16 hours ago, fleaball said:

Yeah I changed my mind. I definitely don’t want to do any of my to do list. Who wants to do it for me?

I would want to come pay my mom's bills for me and go deal with the school garden? Both need done, neither I feel like doing.

10 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I have had that exact issue with that exact style of bracket. If you have a rubber mallet, literally this:
hdx-mallets-31030-64_1000.jpg

you can hit the underside of it with the mallet and that can loosen it up. Sometimes the bracket even comes flying off the rail. The image makes it hard to tell how big it is, but it's the size of a regular claw hammer. The rubber means it won't bend the metal the way juliebarkley warned about. I've done it many times. If you don't have a rubber mallet don't try it with a regular hammer or it will bend the metal.

</dad>

Yeah, this. I should of read the whole thread because the answers come at the end...

• Like 4

Current Challenge ---> Bean Si Vs Chaos No energy for a title

You are never too old to set another goal or dream a new dream - C.S. Lewis

Looks like the important stuff has been covered so: what sort of evil ass games doesn't let you save near a boss fight?!

Also curious what your yoga mat is made out of. The ones I have are this rubbery stuff that shouldn't have a problem with getting wet, afterall, people sweat on them all the time.

• Like 3

Put together enough small wins over a long enough period of time, and you’ll find yourself in high level gear fighting dragons before you know it.

Whisper shows  up on Time

Spoiler

5 hours ago, Whisper said:

Looks like the important stuff has been covered so: what sort of evil ass games doesn't let you save near a boss fight?!

The ones that keep you addicted to play them :P

• Like 2

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

Thanks for all the advice! I’ll get back to you all eventually, but right now I’m crazy anxious and I have no idea why so I’m going to look for something to distract myself. Cheers. 

• Like 7

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Oh shit the new Queer Eye is out. Found my distraction. Bye. 

cc: @Countess D'If @Tanktimus the Encourager

• Like 4
  • That's Metal 2

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

48 minutes ago, fleaball said:

Oh shit the new Queer Eye is out. Found my distraction. Bye. 

cc: @Countess D'If @Tanktimus the Encourager

AHHHHHH!!!!!

• Like 2

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

2 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

AHHHHHH!!!!!

200.gif

• Like 3

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

New record. They made me cry in the first episode. 

• Like 5

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

On 6/4/2020 at 11:40 AM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

If worse comes to worst (I was today years old when I figured out how to actually write that phrase) I've done it in the past by finding a nail smaller than the screws that would be and hammering pilot holes into the wall, then putting the screws in with a screwdriver, though it's tedious and your arms hurt after a while. Sometimes I even hammer a pilot hole when I am using a drill because it makes things easier.

</dad>

Oh good, guess who decided to try a regular hammer before anything else when I asked for help? -__- hopefully it's not more fucked now. I also told him about the nail trick and he seemed cranky that I'm getting advice from people who aren't him. I'm not going to push it til Sunday because it's still going to be hot as balls until then. But then I will attempt it. Thanks!

Also, can you adopt me? You're so much better at dad-ing than my father.

On 6/4/2020 at 9:04 PM, Red1263 said:

I'd do it for you, if I knew where you were and social distancing wasn't a thing at the moment and there was food promised.

I am everywhere, and nowhere. 

On 6/4/2020 at 9:56 PM, Bean Sidhe said:

After a consult with hubby. Hit the end of the bracket up (the narrow part) it should eventually tip up and then you can unhook it from there.

Thanks! High five hubby for me as well.

I would want to come pay my mom's bills for me and go deal with the school garden? Both need done, neither I feel like doing.

I'm bad at gardens but I'd do it. And I would love to have a go at your mom.

Yeah, this. I should of read the whole thread because the answers come at the end...

Nah, the more individual people recommend something the more ammunition I have to convince my father to try it. Not that I necessarily need his help, but I do usually have to ask him to find me the right tools because it is impossible to find anything on the workbench that's there for exactly that reason. 

17 hours ago, Whisper said:

Also curious what your yoga mat is made out of. The ones I have are this rubbery stuff that shouldn't have a problem with getting wet, afterall, people sweat on them all the time.

FFXII and an optional boss. Jerks. 

I just have a regular yoga mat. I swear when I've googled how to clean it before everything just said to wipe it with a damp cloth and not submerge it or soak it. So of course when I googled it again today I'm seeing things saying to hose it down or toss it in the bathtub. Rah. 

• Like 6

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Positive spin on "Flea never does what she says she's going to do:" instead of immediately going for a distraction like I intended after posting, I wound up taking out trash and recycling, cleaning the floor, and organizing a bunch of shit in my room. Which is technically a distraction from the anxiety, yes, but I definitely meant of the TV/video games variety, not the productive variety. Not complaining though. There's still work to be done but I already feel lighter now that I've cleaned up. I'm going shift the more physical things on the to do list to next week because it's stupid hot right now, and humid af. Even 100 pounds lighter than I am now, I did not do well in heat and humidity. So right now it's terrible. Plus my stupid house gets even hotter and my room doesn't get much of a breeze. So yeah. Switching to computer-based productivity instead. There's plenty of shit I can be doing. 

And now, complaining venting.

My anxiety is going bonkers with the state of the country right now. I fully support what's happening but I can't handle seeing it all so often. It's like emotional overload. And then I feel guilty about not wanting to see it or deal with it because of probably obvious reasons, and then I tell myself I shouldn't feel guilty because if my mental health is fucked I can't help anyone anyway, and it's like this carousel of fuckery going around in circles. And my father being who he is doesn't help. He hasn't brought it up and I don't think he ever will because he knows that my brother and I won't let him get away with saying the shit he wants to say. Even though it can only ever end in a stalemate and we have no hope of changing his mind on this or any other social issue, we let him know he's an asshole and he's wrong. I'm pretty sure he legitimately thinks we're communists. He said something once about a guy at work who was "to the left of you, so pretty far out there." Cool, fuck off. I'm sorry you think it's such a radical idea to treat people like they're actually people.

Anyway. That's happening. And I was already anxious about the state starting to reopen after coronavirus precautions because I know people are stupid, but now the protests are driving up that anxiety too. The photos I've seen of protests from everywhere show people in masks, but still. If you've got thousands of people meeting up in different places on a daily basis, there's no way it can't be spreading. 

There's more I could write about. There's always more I could write about. But at this point you could probably guess what it would be. 

And if somebody could take over my body for a bit and start exercising it, that would be great. 

edit: also, our Spartan in August got cancelled. Which, on one hand, I was hoping for and am relieved about because even if I'd been working out at home I wouldn't feel ready without being able to spend some time in the gym and on the monkey bars at a local playground. But on the other hand, it's a bummer because it underlines how not normal the world is right now and will continue to not be. And that email came this afternoon when I'm already clearly not in a great headspace. So yay.

• Like 7

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

5 minutes ago, fleaball said:

And if somebody could take over my body for a bit and start exercising it, that would be great. 

I was about to, but then I realized it's probably like almost 5am there and it may not be the best time to launch into a workout

• Like 1
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread    Bodyweight Exercise Library

The Arruvia Conspiracy Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 567, 89, 10 

Other Challenges: 12345, 6, 7, 89, 10, 11, 1213, 14, 15 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24High School [Current]

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

1 minute ago, WhiteGhost said:

I was about to, but then I realized it's probably like almost 5am there and it may not be the best time to launch into a workout

It's the thought that counts. Honestly in an ideal world, instead of being awake right now I would be sleeping but waking up very soon. Going running at 5:30 in the morning is fucking great. I just have to shift my sleep schedule back a lot to make that happen, and stop using feeding the cats as an excuse to stay up instead of trying to get some sleep before and after. 

• Like 4

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

I just moved my goddamn shelf. Apparently y’all are magical because I did literally nothing different from the last several times I tried and this time it worked. 

also I’m going to punt boobcat out the window. We can’t leave his food out for him to graze because Fat Kitty can’t have it but loves to go for it anyway. Boobcat will eat a bit when it’s given to him, walk away, and be a typical cat and yell at you because he wants his food but then won’t eat much before abandoning it again. But the annoying part of it is that now he just sits around looking sad so you think he wants food, but then he still won’t eat it. Or he’ll yell for his bowl and you try to get him to the kitchen so FK doesn’t see but he won’t move. And then when he’s done eating and you go to take the bowl away he’s sad again. I know this is mostly cats gonna cat, but I think it’s pissing me off more than it should because it kinda feels like the same thing my father and brother do. “Wah I’m sad because I want something and I don’t have it/can’t do it/etc.” And then you do the thing or help them or whatever and it’s still not enough and there’s still a problem and they should be able to fix it themselves but they don’t because they’re idiots who won’t take any of the perfectly good options they have available and would rather just bitch and moan about it. 

jesus. I am a cranky bitch today. But I’m okay with that. 

• Like 7

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

12 hours ago, fleaball said:

Also, can you adopt me? You're so much better at dad-ing than my father.

The thought has occurred to me.

11 hours ago, fleaball said:

I think it’s pissing me off more than it should because it kinda feels like the same thing my father and brother do.

It's exactly what they do. The difference is your cat has the excuse of being a cat.

• Like 5

17 hours ago, fleaball said:

I am everywhere, and nowhere.

I... So... You're in my bathroom?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler

17 hours ago, fleaball said:

Apparently y’all are magical because I did literally nothing different from the last several times I tried and this time it worked. 

Shh, it's a secret.

• Like 2

Challenge:   0   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32