Flea Gonna Do Stuff

fleaball

46 minutes ago, Red1263 said:

I... So... You're in my bathroom?

That’s the mystery. 

• Like 3

Level 69 Battle Kitten

Profile photo is ancient but I'm too lazy to change it. 

Battle Log | Current Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Fitbit | Duolingo

Ici je vis la vie que j'ai choisie

Je suis partie pour reconstruire ma vie

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Brushed a shit ton of hair off Fat Kitty just now. Will be cleaning and hopefully hanging a blind in a dusty window later. Allergies are gonna suck today. But productivity. 

To do list for the day:

- find and charge fitbit

- cook pasta to use up a jar of sauce no one else likes

- force my father to find me what I need to put up the blind

- dishes?

- wash my sheets since the dryer knob came early

- try to adapt a meal plan I found in a book and see if I can make it work for me (will probably require more than one day)

- catch up on threads here

oof. All relatively simple and not time consuming tasks but just looking at it feels exhausting. Not counting the catching up here, of course. So there’s 6 things, I’ll call it a win if I do 4. 

And now, to sleep. In a cloud of cat hair. 

• Like 8

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

My father woke up at 5:45 and booked it out the door at 6:15. Where the everloving fuck is he going at 6:15am on a Sunday when 90% of the state is still closed? 

• Confused 4

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

1 hour ago, fleaball said:

force my father to find me what I need to put up the blind

24 minutes ago, fleaball said:

My father woke up at 5:45 and booked it out the door at 6:15. Where the everloving fuck is he going at 6:15am on a Sunday when 90% of the state is still closed? 

Probably somewhere where he doesn't have to deal with blinds 😛

• Like 4
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread    Bodyweight Exercise Library

The Arruvia Conspiracy Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 567, 89, 10 

Other Challenges: 12345, 6, 7, 89, 10, 11, 1213, 14, 15 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28Mardi Gras [Current]

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

40 minutes ago, WhiteGhost said:

Probably somewhere where he doesn't have to deal with blinds 😛

Wouldn’t surprise me. 

he’s back now though. Looks like he went to the old people shopping hour at the supermarket, which I forgot starts at 6:30. I am genuinely disappointed because I was hoping he’d just drive away and never come back. And I’m also pissed off because I literally told him 9 hours ago that I’m ordering groceries on Tuesday and to let me know if he wants anything. He does not understand the concept of STAY THE FUCK HOME. (Also, would it have been so hard for him to say “I’m going shopping do you want anything?” But no. Literally never.)

• Like 5

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Fitbit has been found and will get plugged in when I eventually turn on my computer. Sheets are in the hamper ready to go as soon as my brother gets out of the shower. Things are shaping up. 

And orange juice without pulp is worthless whose idea was this?

• Like 6

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Aaaaand we’re done. I was feeling good, I was feeling awake, I was ready to get some shit done today. And then I just hit a wall right now will drinking my coffee. I haven’t even done anything that would normally wipe me out. I didn’t get as much sleep as I’d like, but I woke up feeling okay so I didn’t expect this. I’ll finish my coffee and read a book for a bit, I guess, and hope the energy comes back. The weather is gorgeous today (by my standards) and I want to take advantage by opening my windows and getting shit done. 

• Like 6

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

10 hours ago, fleaball said:

- try to adapt a meal plan I found in a book and see if I can make it work for me (will probably require more than one day)

How Sylvaa hacks food using Google calendar (note: I know a lot of people can live off the same things, day after day. Not my family) Now, I know this is not really feasible for you, because it's just you, but essentially you could set up the same thing for dinner that you do for breakfast and lunch:

• Pick 4 breakfasts (I do two that are more time consuming and two that are easier) rotate two weekly
    • Week 1 - A, B, A, B, A, B, A
    • Week 2 - C, D, C, D, C, D, C
  • Pick 4 - 6 lunches and do the same thing
  • Pick a nightly theme for dinner (or do a rotation!)
  • Set up a recurring calendar in Google calendar with breakfast, lunch, and dinner planned per above
  • This makes grocery shopping super easy too. I know how many of everything I need to buy so that we have enough for the week.

After it is set up, you can just have the same meals monthly, or change based on how much effort you want to put into it. You could make it pretty low key with quick meals to begin with (we do yogurt and granola as one of our breakfasts), then if you feel like being more involved in cooking, you can adjust.

• Like 3

Today is cancelled. My father is downstairs screaming at nothing. I’m not getting anywhere near him with a hammer. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

For the record, since that was sort of vague: I’m not afraid to get near my father when he’s in a mood. I just don’t want that mood carrying through to banging holes in my wall and breaking shit. And I don’t want to deal with the mood itself. 

• Like 7

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

On 6/6/2020 at 2:21 AM, fleaball said:

I am everywhere, and nowhere. 

For some reason, my brain decided to process that as "now here" and felt the impulse to look around for you.

• Like 2

Put together enough small wins over a long enough period of time, and you’ll find yourself in high level gear fighting dragons before you know it.

Whisper shows  up on Time

Spoiler

41 minutes ago, fleaball said:

For the record, since that was sort of vague: I’m not afraid to get near my father when he’s in a mood. I just don’t want that mood carrying through to banging holes in my wall and breaking shit. And I don’t want to deal with the mood itself. 

That is fair.

• Like 1

Put together enough small wins over a long enough period of time, and you’ll find yourself in high level gear fighting dragons before you know it.

Spoiler

7 minutes ago, Whisper said:

For some reason, my brain decided to process that as "now here" and felt the impulse to look around for you.

:ph34r:

3 hours ago, Sylvaa said:

How Sylvaa hacks food using Google calendar (note: I know a lot of people can live off the same things, day after day. Not my family) Now, I know this is not really feasible for you, because it's just you, but essentially you could set up the same thing for dinner that you do for breakfast and lunch:

• Pick 4 breakfasts (I do two that are more time consuming and two that are easier) rotate two weekly
    • Week 1 - A, B, A, B, A, B, A
    • Week 2 - C, D, C, D, C, D, C
  • Pick 4 - 6 lunches and do the same thing
  • Pick a nightly theme for dinner (or do a rotation!)
  • Set up a recurring calendar in Google calendar with breakfast, lunch, and dinner planned per above
  • This makes grocery shopping super easy too. I know how many of everything I need to buy so that we have enough for the week.

After it is set up, you can just have the same meals monthly, or change based on how much effort you want to put into it. You could make it pretty low key with quick meals to begin with (we do yogurt and granola as one of our breakfasts), then if you feel like being more involved in cooking, you can adjust.

This is awesome, thanks. Also I was totally thinking of all the reasons it won’t work for me and then realized some things, so double thanks. 

The meal plan I was talking about comes from this book (tl;dr eat plant-based and be healthy and you’ll be even more healthy). They have a two-week plan in the appendix that’s all store-bought stuff (eg bagged salads, pre-made dips, Amy’s and Kashi frozen meals) that can be used as a launch point for people who can’t/don’t want to go all-in with cooking at first. It’s crazy high in sodium because frozen meals and also like, 1200-1600 calories per day, but I’m copying it into Excel to use as a skeleton so I can just replace things and add to it. I think part of my problem getting started has been starting from scratch - having to work out the nutritional info for everything because I haven’t logged stuff like this before so it’s not in MFP already, trying figure out a full day’s worth of food several times over and make sure I’m buying enough, etc. I have no idea if any of this makes sense to people who aren’t me, but I do think I can use this to my advantage, in a way that will help me get started while still allowing time to ease into it and soothe the gremlins. 

• Like 7

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

3 minutes ago, fleaball said:

I have no idea if any of this makes sense to people who aren’t me, but I do think I can use this to my advantage, in a way that will help me get started while still allowing time to ease into it and soothe the gremlins. 

I totally track that. Figuring out how to eat enough food is really hard when you're switching to something new. 

• Like 1

Spoiler

Sigh. Sheets are finally in the washing machine. Pasta isn’t happening, unless I decide to cook it later and just shove it in the fridge without eating any. Asked my father where the nails live because I was going to try digging for them myself. I got a blustery non-apology for not looking for them like I asked him to yesterday, and then he said he has no idea where they are. I looked around after doing my laundry to see if I’d get lucky and find something of my grandfather's on top of a pile or something, but no dice. I’ll dig around my room later and see if I can find anything that might work. I’m still finding random small shit my father left in here while I was in DC so maybe I’ll get lucky. It’s fucking hilarious that the day my blind came down and we couldn’t get the new one up he was super pissy that I wouldn’t have anything in the window (sheer curtains don’t help) and yet he’s the main reason we haven’t taken care of it, what, a month later? 

• Like 8

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

1 hour ago, fleaball said:

I honestly thought you meant you didn't want to get around your father with a hammer for fear you would grievously injure him and were exercising self-control.

• Like 7

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

9 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I honestly thought you meant you didn't want to get around your father with a hammer for fear you would grievously injure him and were exercising self-control.

Also a reasonable assumption tbh

• Like 5

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

22 hours ago, fleaball said:

That’s the mystery. 

... Well could you hurry up? I gotta pee!

42 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I also thought that and got concerned.

Even if all you've done is brush Fat Kitty, you've done something!

• Like 2

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

I’m gonna throw my goddamn PlayStation out the fucking window. 

I have one boss left before the actual end of the game. That one boss? Has fifty million HP. And defense stats that increase as his HP goes down. I got him down to ~3 million. And then I died. 

The best part? It’s currently 4:15am. 

I started the battle at 10:50pm. 

what even is my life. 

• Sad 1
  • Wow 2

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Bahhhhhhh I am so annoyed. 

Anyway. Sunday recap:

- sheets have been washed and dried and fetched from the dryer

- fitbit was found and charged

- I attempted to find a nail for my blinds but I should have known better

- did not cook pasta

- did not do dishes

- was genuinely going to work on that meal plan but I didn’t realize how fucking long I spent on that stupid game and now I’m mad

- caught up on a couple threads, which didn’t count toward my goal anyway, but not as many as I’d hoped to

edit: turns out I’ve also wasted hours of gameplay trying to farm items, because a glitch in the game renders it all moot. why was this not in the walkthrough I’ve been using?? 😧

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

*Hugs*

If I take on your dad, and You take on my mom, that solves a number of things and the world might get simpler. Or it backfires horribly. Or we put them both in a room together and see if one or both come out alive (Backfire there is they team up on us).

Damn, I can't even daydream this would be better without looking for the ways it will go bad.

• Like 2

Current Challenge ---> Bean Si Vs Chaos No energy for a title

You are never too old to set another goal or dream a new dream - C.S. Lewis

14 minutes ago, Bean Sidhe said:

*Hugs*

If I take on your dad, and You take on my mom, that solves a number of things and the world might get simpler. Or it backfires horribly. Or we put them both in a room together and see if one or both come out alive (Backfire there is they team up on us).

Damn, I can't even daydream this would be better without looking for the ways it will go bad.

Based on what you’ve said about your mom and what I know about my father, I don’t think there would be any teaming up. More like each of them getting pissed that the other won’t bow to their whims. Man if we could find a way to do this I would be so happy lol

• Like 3

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Cats are going to get punted out the window istfg. boobcat was crying that he was hungry, so I gave him his bowl. He made a happy noise, and then immediately abandoned it. FK wanted food because boobcat got food, and he had nothing left in his own bowl. So I gave him a little more (really an advance on dinner, not actual extra) and he sniffed at it and walked away. Now boobcat is in here staring at me being sad and

fuck everything. My brother just came home and I asked him to make boobcat eat because he’s still the cat favorite. And the motherfucker is eating with no complaints. My brother didn’t even do anything, just held the bowl out to him from the same place it already was. I quit. 

Today is definitely a Monday. For more reasons than this, but I’m not going to bother listing them all out. Ugh. 

• Like 7

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Signs you’re having a great day:

- so much boredom and restless energy, but too depressed to do any-fucking-thing

- watching Queer Eye for feel good moments and just getting mad at all the talk about loving and supportive families

- being really hungry and not wanting to eat, and then feeling super gross after eating anyway 

- being tired all day but not dragging your ass to bed, and then when you finally decide to go to bed you can’t sleep because acid reflux thanks to food + stress

boobcat just yelled at me for sneezing. It was cute. I guess he can stay. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 5

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

My to do list for the day is to take a fucking shower, change my sheets if my bed is cat-less at any point, and use a mask to fix my dry eye issue. (Edit: also take my magnesium pill.) These are all self-care-adjacent so who knows if they’ll actually get done. 

• Like 7

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi