• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

DJtrippyT

DJ Trippy T: Jungle Queen Gets Back Up

Well, I slept like ass and woke up to find out my mother's bank account had been hacked and half the balance stolen, so this challenge is off to a completely shitty start. 

• Wow 1
  • Angry on your Behalf 1

16 minutes ago, DJtrippyT said:

Well, I slept like ass and woke up to find out my mother's bank account had been hacked and half the balance stolen, so this challenge is off to a completely shitty start. 

Trippy, I'm sorry that sucks. Is there looking like any way to get it back?

1 hour ago, deftona said:

Trippy, I'm sorry that sucks. Is there looking like any way to get it back?

I don't know, I've been on the phone with the bank all morning. I think I offically need a break from everythihg.

• Sad 2

26 minutes ago, DJtrippyT said:

I don't know, I've been on the phone with the bank all morning. I think I offically need a break from everythihg.

I know those feels. Sending hugs and good vibes across the Atlantic. 

1 hour ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

*Start with assuming it was your sister.

You know, I thought this but I didn't want to say but if The Chaplain has gone there I will too.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Thats BS. I hope you can get the money back for your mom.

*Start with assuming it was your sister.

1 hour ago, deftona said:

You know, I thought this but I didn't want to say but if The Chaplain has gone there I will too.

no, no, it was an ebay scam. they ran multiple ebay purchases against the account until they hit an amount that would clear. Even my sister isn't that crazy.

3 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

Oh crap. That’s sucks so hard. I’m sorry Trippy.

3 hours ago, Xena said:

Hoping this gets resolved easily.

Thanks. The last person at the bank I spoke with was filing a dispute and said we should be able to recover the money, but it will take a few days. Fortunately I caught it right away because I had logged on to her account to see if her rent check had cleared; I was only a few minutes behind them, apparently. So I got it registered as fraud right away. 

• Like 3

On 5/3/2020 at 6:02 PM, deftona said:

Here for that new jungle lair energy (I love what you did with the carpet!)

had to make it match the drapes 😉

• Haha 1
  • Wow 1

Okay, I had a few really bad days and now I am back.  It's really appealing, the idea of laying down and giving up, but it doesn't get you anywhere.

I am currently in Florida at my mom's, because she is being released from her recovery facility tomorrow and we are going to transition her (hopefully) to living at home again. I will be here for two weeks while she continues to recover and get stronger and then I'll be commuting back and forth every two weeks for... well, we'll just call it the foreseeable future. 

My challenge goals are pretty much the same: 

- One meal a day, except Saturday and possibly Wednesdays, and possibly one longer fast. I just hit 24 hours on my current fast. 

- Daily Crossfit workout

- Limit news consumption to 10 minutes a day

- Don't lose my shit again. 

I can't promise I will be terribly amusing this time around, so I apologize in advance. I'm just as sad about this as you are. 

Yesterday I drove down to Florida and today I'm moving furniture to get my mom's place ready and a little more elderly-person-accessible. We found out yesterday that her insurance and and the nursing center are providing a walker, a wheelchair, and some other items so we don't have to buy those things, which will help a lot. Also, we got the money that had been stolen from her bank account back which was a huge relief. 

Also yesterday I listened to a really good podcast on fasting and bought a book I didn't need. One of those things cost me twelve dollars. (it wasn't the podcast.) I need to send the podcast to stanlick somehow. 

I brought my bike with me and a set of weights and a ton of gym clothes, so I can still work out. I'll probably do a walk or a walk/jog tonight.  I feel like moving furniture this morning counts as some kind of workout.

700-Japanese-Proverb-Fall-down-seven-times-get-up-eight.thumb.jpg.0ff6e4ba3cd33774e6a1d2d7d6347381.jpg

• Like 3

Glad you were able to get the money back, as well as have some supplies provided for. We are here for you, even if you aren't funny. It is hard caring for aging parents. I'm sending you lots of hugs

2 hours ago, DJtrippyT said:

We found out yesterday that her insurance and and the nursing center are providing a walker, a wheelchair, and some other items so we don't have to buy those things, which will help a lot. Also, we got the money that had been stolen from her bank account back which was a huge relief. 

I'm really glad to hear this. You're a very good daughter and your mom is lucky to have you. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

. It is hard caring for aging parents. I'm sending you lots of hugs

Its not just the elder care, I mean you expect to have to do that at some point in your life. It’s just the accumulation of everything over the last few months. I had a cancer scare, my boyfriend had literal brain surgery, my mom got sick, our washing machine exploded and flooded our house, my mom got *more* sick, then coronavirus, then my boyfriend lost his job and my job tanked., and then the bank fraud .. I mean obviously there are people in worse straights and I’m not the only person struggling but sometimes it’s just too much. It’s hard to continue putting up the good fight when you look at the future and don’t see anything but poverty and illness chasing you into old age, no matter what you do. I can’t see any way out any more. I’m just going through the motions. 

Its the end of the day, I’m always in a darker spot then. I’ll feel better in the morning. Plus I’m hungry. 

57 minutes ago, deftona said:

I'm really glad to hear this. You're a very good daughter and your mom is lucky to have you. 

Thanks 🙂

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DJtrippyT said:

Its not just the elder care, I mean you expect to have to do that at some point in your life. It’s just the accumulation of everything over the last few months. I had a cancer scare, my boyfriend had literal brain surgery, my mom got sick, our washing machine exploded and flooded our house, my mom got *more* sick, then coronavirus, then my boyfriend lost his job and my job tanked., and then the bank fraud .. I mean obviously there are people in worse straights and I’m not the only person struggling but sometimes it’s just too much. It’s hard to continue putting up the good fight when you look at the future and don’t see anything but poverty and illness chasing you into old age, no matter what you do. I can’t see any way out any more. I’m just going through the motions. 

Its the end of the day, I’m always in a darker spot then. I’ll feel better in the morning. Plus I’m hungry. 

Hugs friend. Eat and sleep.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, DJtrippyT said:

. I mean obviously there are people in worse straights and I’m not the only person struggling

You don't have to qualify how you're feeling like this. You're allowed to feel angry/sad/short changed/whatever you're feeling without feeling bad because others may or may not have it worse. You've had an epically shit few months and I am sorry. I really hope things turn around and we're all here for you. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, deftona said:

I really hope things turn around and we're all here for you. 

10 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

.Hoping you can get some good sleep tonight

13 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Hugs friend. Eat and sleep.

Thanks, everybody 

014AE3F2-F03E-4A49-9731-7EF7E1374CB0.jpeg

• Like 4

Today was a better day. I got my mom home to her apartment and we're slowly figuring out her new medical equipment and medicines and stuff. There's a lot of stuff. It took three trips from the nursing center (one yesterday and two today) to get it all. As soon as we got home she called all her friends and my aunt sent us dinner delivery which was nice. There is supposed to be a home health worker coming tomorrow to check on my mom. 

I ate twice today (lunch and dinner). Dinner was just soup and some chicken, lunch was a ham sandwich. Saturday is my "refeed" day so I was okay with it. Tomorrow I'll only eat once. 

I didn't work out at all, but there was some furniture moving again.

My boyfriend got his job back yesterday; he starts again on Wednesday. Hopefully that will stick.  

I will get up early and workout tomorrow, and get some work done because I'm super behind. 

• Like 4