Did you really think they might say no?

I choose my support group carefully

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, deftona said:

YES YOU SHOULD

3 hours ago, Xena said:

YES! Love it, and you NEED a treat!

Thank you for this positive feedback. I wound up getting it in a slightly different color (left pic) because there was a two month wait for the dark blue. And then I got the second shirt because YOLO and Hawaiian print. 

94567583-AF9D-4155-8ED6-BD6C44233FEB.jpeg

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

Did you really think they might say no?

5 hours ago, DJtrippyT said:

I choose my support group carefully

If you fill your friendship group with enablers you'll never lose at this game. 

• Like 2
  • That's Metal 2

I don't have a full week update for last week because I'm just taking it day by day right now. 

Sunday was okay. I did a little bit of work for the adventure race job and then a resume for someone that was overdue. I should have stuck to one meal but I had a small turkey sandwich at lunch. I blamed it on the resume taxing my brain. Then I actually got out for a bike ride! I was very happy about this. 10 miles, easy pace. On the downside, my mom insisted on pizza for dinner. It was really good but probably not the best thing for her to be eating. Or me, for that matter. 

I managed to get the scale finally and it shows a positive trend for me. She hasn't used it yet. I don't know how accurate it is vs the old school scale at my gym (the kind with the lead weights you slide over) which is my gold standard, but I'm going to assume it's fairly close and just use it as a guideline. 

Monday I mostly did stuff for my mom's place and a little bit of the adventure race stuff. I stuck to one meal a day. I made us sausage and rice for dinner. My mom's physical threapist came and did her walking excercise, so I didn't have to do that, but I had her do resistance band stuff. The therapist is going to bring a tray for her walker which is great because now we don't have to buy it. I picked up medications for her at Walgreens; one of them was a $200 copay for insulin. Don't get diabetes, kids. I talked to my boyfriend after dinner and texted Roc at the gym briefly during the day. 

I went down to the beach to work out but I was kind of fried by the time I got there and I just walked a mile. It was a drizzly day so the causeway was deserted; it was really nice. I spent a while sitting in my car just staring into space. Then I talked to the Mantis for a bit and my old roommate. 

Today I feel like I got run over. I'm super tired and my legs are sore from biking. I'm out of practice there. I'm having coffee and then I have to make my mom breakfast; I was going to have her do it this morning (she's supposed to be practicing these skills) but we both slept like hell so I may just do it myself. I have to do work stuff and she has a doctors appt at 2pm (and a home nurse comes at 10 am) and I have go to the grocery store. I don't think I'll have time to work out today but I've been pretty consistent so I won't feel bad about it. 

I haven't decided what to do about the adventure race thing. I think he was five weeks behind on my pay but he paid me one weeks worth last week, but I don't know if he's planning to catch that up or just thinks I should take one for the team. Or when I will start getting paid normally at all again. But I don't want to quit and then in two weeks the wheel finally turns and I could have gotten paid. So right now I'm thinking I will ride it out another week and then try to decide. I'm way too tired to try to think about it today and have any confidence in my decisions. My coffee needs to kick in soon, and hard. 

download.jpg.f6fd588e0d3bf9c75faef9a1af1ab8e7.jpg

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, deftona said:

All of the above, but in reverse order.

That is the natural progression isn’t it

4 minutes ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

Those are what’s getting me through the days.

I’m glad I’m not the only one. Sometimes I feel like everyone I know is baking bread and teaching their kids Balinese hand-rug weaving, and I’m just trying to remember if I brushed my teeth

57 minutes ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

If it makes you feel better my kids are arguing about who has the smelliest butt while I stare at my phone instead of answering the Sisyphean emails.

Did they...reach a conclusion? How was the testing done?

• Like 1

They used a dialectic approach. Considering Slothgirl was wearing the same things since Sunday, she had to have the stinkiest butt. She’d probably shower more, but the Balinese hand-rug weaving takes so much time.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

They used a dialectic approach. Considering Slothgirl was wearing the same things since Sunday, she had to have the stinkiest butt. She’d probably shower more, but the Balinese hand-rug weaving takes so much time.

As someone who regularly sleeps in their clothes I support this scientific analysis

• Like 1

Tuesday was pretty exhausting. I did some work in the morning and the adventure race guy called me to babble about nothing. He told me he was going to catch up another weeks pay this week (he did one week on friday, as I mentioned). I haven't seen anything yet though. If it doesn't come by friday I'm quitting; this is getting riduculous. 

Took mom to diabetes doctor, took forever to get everythign in the car (wheelchair, O2 tanks) so we were late, then they gave us a hard time when we got there because she hadn't checked in online. I tried to explain that she's fucking EIGHTY and doesn't have internet, but they insisted we do it so we spent 45 minutes standing outside in the heat while I did it on my phone. It could have been done in less than 10 minutes on a peice of paper. By the time we got in I was homicidal. So I did not make my "don't lose your shit" goal for the day and I was rude to several people. 

Her doctor said she's improving and prescribed a generic version of the $200 insulin, so I guess we're all allowed to get diabetes again. By the time we got home it was a three hour round trip. She has more today which is too exhausting to contemplate.  We have to get all these appointments done before I go home Sunday. 

I went grocery shopping. While I was there my boyfriend called to tell me one of my cats caught a chipmunk and brought it in the house. Now it's running around the house and can't be caught. (My cat is an advocate of catch-and-release principles to maintain the health of the local chipmunk population)

I made pork ribs in the crockpot with shredded sweet potatoes and broccoli (frozen mix) and a big salad for dinner. That was my meal for the day; she ate breakfast and lunch.

Theoretically I can eat more than one meal today but I'm not really hungry. So I will base my eating on how quickly I become infuriated at minor setbacks. 

I did more office stuff after dinner but not enough, so I'm behind again. No workout, I'll do that today somehow. Clear out some calories for the important things. 

maxresdefault.thumb.jpg.fc2f5467351bac3099f00347fdea0849.jpg

1 hour ago, DJtrippyT said:

I went grocery shopping. While I was there my boyfriend called to tell me one of my cats caught a chipmunk and brought it in the house. Now it's running around the house and can't be caught. (My cat is an advocate of catch-and-release principles to maintain the health of the local chipmunk population)

So.... what happened with the chipmunk? Did you just decide to keep it?

18 minutes ago, deftona said:

So.... what happened with the chipmunk? Did you just decide to keep it?

I haven’t heard from him since then. I expect an update today. 

23 hours ago, DJtrippyT said:

As someone who regularly sleeps in their clothes I support this scientific analysis

Isn't that what merino wool is for? You can wear that ish for ever with no problems 🙂

9 hours ago, DJtrippyT said:

Tuesday was pretty exhausting. I did some work in the morning and the adventure race guy called me to babble about nothing. He told me he was going to catch up another weeks pay this week (he did one week on friday, as I mentioned). I haven't seen anything yet though. If it doesn't come by friday I'm quitting; this is getting riduculous.

So none of my business, but it seems like he doesn't have money to pay you and no way to make more. Seems like he should own up to it, and come to some agreement...no more work requests, possibility of working together in the future when money is coming in, with the very clear understanding that he owes you back pay.

13 hours ago, Xena said:

So none of my business, but it seems like he doesn't have money to pay you and no way to make more. Seems like he should own up to it, and come to some agreement...no more work requests, possibility of working together in the future when money is coming in, with the very clear understanding that he owes you back pay.

Yeah that’s orobably what will happen. Although he did pay me another week of back pay yesterday. I’m looking for an exit though. If I can find something similar I’ll jump ship. 

I was really excited to find something that would let me switch careers but I think this will turn out to be a stepping stone rather than an end goal. 

• Like 2

Yesterday was pretty awful. The morning was okay and getting my mom to her appointments was easier than yesterday as her walking has improved. She had some blood work and a chest X-ray done and then we came home and had lunch. Wednesday is a refeed day for me so I had a sandwich and she had quiche which she liked and salad. 

Right after lunch her primary doctor called and said she’d seen my mom’s X-ray and we had to take her to the emergency room right away because she had fluid buildup in her chest again. So the rest of the day was chaos - when you take someone to the ER now they come out and meet you, snatch the person away, and you can’t get any info until you call through the hospital voice mail system and get patched through to the ER nurses. You can’t even be in the lobby. You have to sit in the parking lot. 

They are doing a procedure on her now, she had to spend the night which was upsetting but I talked to her and she seemed in good spirits. The ER doc I talked to said it’s relatively common for this to happen in pneumonia recovery and the procedure is pretty routine; they’ll release her home once it’s done in an hour or so. Of course that’s what they said about her “routine” pacemaker surgery that started all this.

I know I sound like I’m whining a lot but I am all alone dealing with this and it’s really emotionally exhausting. I talked to her physical therapist last night and she said it’s often a roller coaster with elderly patients and that my mom had been showing really strong recovery so not to be too upset about it but it’s really -I’m really starting to crack under the strain. I’m sorry, I suck. Anyway we can safely assume I did not make my “stay calm and don’t loose your shit” goal for yet another day. Which is a pretty low bar. I’m Going to go get a coffee I think while I wait to hear. Bogart Panera’s WiFi and watch cat videos. 

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, DJtrippyT said:

I know I sound like I’m whining a lot but I am all alone dealing with this and it’s really emotionally exhausting. I talked to her physical therapist last night and she said it’s often a roller coaster with elderly patients and that my mom had been showing really strong recovery so not to be too upset about it but it’s really -I’m really starting to crack under the strain. I’m sorry, I suck. Anyway we can safely assume I did not make my “stay calm and don’t loose your shit” goal for yet another day. Which is a pretty low bar. I’m Going to go get a coffee I think while I wait to hear. Bogart Panera’s WiFi and watch cat videos. 

Absolutely not. You're not whining at all, I can completely understand why you're finding it so difficult and you don't suck in any way, shape or form. 

I'm sorry your mom is poorly again, hopefully the procedure goes well and she'll be back home asap- is there a potential she might be home as soon as today or would they normally keep her in? 

Here is a cat video. There is a whole series, I hope you like it, and remember you can message me if you need to whenever. You're not on your own ❤️