• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

DJtrippyT

DJ Trippy T: Jungle Queen Gets Back Up

9 minutes ago, DJtrippyT said:

I know I sound like I’m whining a lot but I am all alone dealing with this and it’s really emotionally exhausting. I talked to her physical therapist last night and she said it’s often a roller coaster with elderly patients and that my mom had been showing really strong recovery so not to be too upset about it but it’s really -I’m really starting to crack under the strain. I’m sorry, I suck. Anyway we can safely assume I did not make my “stay calm and don’t loose your shit” goal for yet another day. Which is a pretty low bar. I’m Going to go get a coffee I think while I wait to hear. Bogart Panera’s WiFi and watch cat videos. 

You are emotionally exhausted, and concerned with very valid concerns about your mother's health, you have no IRL support right now, and you had to drop her at the hospital and wait in your car. YOU DO NOT SUCK! ANYBODY would crack under that strain. You are a good person, a good daughter, and you are in a tough spot. The situation sucks NOT YOU. Your feelings are normal. Your need for the help you aren't getting is normal. You are awesome, you just don't feel it right now because your situation is so un-awesome. You are having normal reactions to a not normal situation.

I'm sorry, I'm afraid I was a little too subtle in the above paragraph. Have I made it clear I think you were incorrect to declare that you suck?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, deftona said:

Absolutely not. You're not whining at all, I can completely understand why you're finding it so difficult and you don't suck in any way, shape or form. 

I'm sorry your mom is poorly again, hopefully the procedure goes well and she'll be back home asap- is there a potential she might be home as soon as today or would they normally keep her in? 

Here is a cat video. There is a whole series, I hope you like it, and remember you can message me if you need to whenever. You're not on your own ❤️ 

Oh I love the Henri videos. Thank you for your support. It really does help. We are hoping she’ll be home today. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I'm afraid I was a little too subtle in the above paragraph. Have I made it clear I think you were incorrect to declare that you suck

I think so, yes 🙂

• Like 2

1000% agree with Tank. You ae an awesome daughter.Caring for an elderly parent is always hard, and now with Covid, it is triply so. Hugs. Know this, you are doing a good job.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Here's a picture of my kitty bravely exploring the outdoors.

I'm sorry this is so hard and am happy to help any way I can.

Radcliffe_outside.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Xena said:

Here's a picture of my kitty bravely exploring the outdoors.

I'm sorry this is so hard and am happy to help any way I can.

Radcliffe_outside.jpg

SO FLUFFYYYY

• Like 1

Sometimes we call him "My Fancypants" because he has so much fur on his hind legs.

• Like 1

Thursday remained aggravating and terrible and I’m not going to talk about it, except to say that it ended at midnight with me chasing a snake around the living room that had somehow gotten into my mother’s apartment, and I was like Jesus Christ, Florida, give me a break. 

Today was much better (Friday). My mom was feeling a lot better and had her appetite back, and she got her hair done which I personally thought was the stupidest idea imaginable but it lifted her spirits a lot so maybe it was worth the risk. Her hairdresser only does little old church ladies and is only letting in one at a time so hopefully it was okay. She also did some rehab exercises at home and I was able to go work out in the late afternoon. 

I did a workout that involved a pyramid of squats (10-20-30-40-40 -30-20-10) with 100 meter jog in between each set; I was delighted to remember that I had my 20-pound sandbag in the car so I used that. Any form of jogging while fasted is roughly equivalent to rubbing my face on medium grade sandpaper but it felt like a good workout. Then I stopped at the store and got dinners from what I call the “gourmet reheat” section. My mom had salmon and I had meatloaf. 

Stuck to one meal per day both days and did not lose my cool at any point, at least with other people. Had a bit of an anxiety attack at one am last night but talked myself down and fell back asleep. 

Talked to the Mantis both days and my boyfriend yesterday. 

I think that’s all I have to report. 

773D71C2-0E0D-4F08-BAF9-F96BB0EF7126.jpeg

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

You keep doing these workouts that sound really sucky. Nice job.

If I put myself in enough discomfort, the dogs in my head stop barking for a while. I used to use drugs and/or loud music for this but crossfit is so much cheaper. 

• Like 2

Yesterday was an okay day, just long. 

It was Saturday which is a refeed day, so I made my mom and I breakfast, and then we had dinner that was restaurant takeout.

I stayed calm all day, probably too much online news. I finished the last few adapting things for my mom's apartment. I got a stool for her to use in the kitchen but it's too big; I'm going to have to order something smaller. We got handicap bars installed in the shower and I sorted all her summer clothes and put things on top of her dresser so she doesn't have to fight with the drawers. 

The stuff I did took too long and I didn't have time to work out. I have to finish everything today because I go home tomorrow and I won't be back for two weeks. Then I will come back for a couple days to check on things.  I won't work out today either I think. I gotta pack up all my stuff. 

Today will be only one meal, I think it will be hotdogs because my mom wants holiday food. 

IMG_2458.jpg.894ec555445beda9a67c388608c6d1b6.jpg

• Like 2

Day-am! I can't believe this trip has spiraled so much that you have literally had to chase snakes around the house. You are a complete superhero. Hope you get in some epic workout and get some good solid rest when you get home. I'm guessing you might feel pressured to catch up on stuff, but it REALLY sounds like you need a break. [I mean that in the nice supportive way. You are handling things amazingly well. You've just been handling a lot all by yourself].

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Xena said:

Day-am! I can't believe this trip has spiraled so much that you have literally had to chase snakes around the house. 

It was tiny, like a piece of fettuccine come to life. But I couldn’t have it running around the living room. But thank you for being impressed. 

31 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

She hasn't even met Florida Man yet.

I grew up in Florida; I have had enough Florida Man for a lifetime. 

79CAE086-2B4A-4C7B-A854-9A658AEEB484.jpeg

• Like 3

Today I really have nothing to report. I drove home from Florida yesterday and got in about 8 pm. Took my mom's christmas tree down before I left, it was the last of the tasks I had to do there.

Boyfriend had made dinner. It was good, BBQ ribs and stuff. Dishes are still in the sink. Cats and garden still alive, so boyfriend gets an A+ for babysitting. 

Slept in a bed, very, very happy about that. 

Got up at 6 to go meet with Adventure Race dude up at his office, then visited the Mantis for a bit when I got back from that. Now I'm catching up on some work. I won't work out today - no time, and I'm pretty tired still - but I going to take it easy workwise this week and get back in the groove. 

Is this week four? I have absolutely no idea. 

645734975_ScreenShot2020-05-26at6_03_01PM.png.83b4ffd175a2250f56fce322f45b0638.png

• Like 5

22 hours ago, Xena said:

Week 3 I think. Not really sure...

It does seem to runtogether these days doesn’t it. Like is it TuesWednesday or Fraterday? I don’t know. 

Today was a good day. We slept late. Then I got up and did a few work things, and then I pretty much fucked off for the rest of the day. I haven't had a day off in a while so it was some much needed downtime. 

Boyfriend went to store and came back with wings and sushi for lunch; I explained I wasn't eating during the day but I did have a wing. I expected him to give me a hard time but he was like, no worries, mo' be for me.

I went to stone mountain and just chilled for a while (it was raining; I sat in my car and read, and stared at the rain on the lake; it was quite nice) and then I went and worked out, and then I went to the store for cat food and picked up a pizza. Side benefit of OMAD: guiltless pizza nights. 

I've just been goofing off for the last couple of hours, took a nice long shower and will go to bed shortly. Fooling with my workout plan, not for any real reason other than amusement. I talked to my mom several times today and she seems okay, a little tired maybe. She's only been alone a couple of days so she's still adjusting. 

My new shirts came, I'll wear one tomorrow. New clothes are always good.

WA77.gif.db0b061d67aa77f830272cf3cda290f0.gif

What I will wear on the bottom half of my body is a mystery, as everything is in the laundry.

• Like 4

Today was a good day. I slept too late and missed my morning workout but after that things improved. It was raining anyway. 

I got a ton done in my office and I’ll do some domestic rangering after I finish dinner. 

I did one meal today (plus a to-go latte at the coffee shop) which was tacos made from the leftover ribs boyfriend made for Memorial Day and some baked beans, plus a salad I picked up at Publix that was, to be honest, pretty lame. Publix had toilet paper AND hand sanitizer which was a bit like rolling double sixes or spelling “window” on a triple word score. I also bought some grapefruit body wash that I like a lot in the BIG container so i can use it with abandon and smell delicious. 

Todays main workout was “DT” which is deadlifts, hang cleans, and overhead press; I did it at #80 which is heavy for me so I was pleased with it. It was a beating, though. At least there wasn’t running. 

824AF46A-C23F-4809-AB0A-8DAE1567DB20.jpeg

• Like 3