• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Elennare

Elennare is Mr. Incredible

I had this awesome idea for a post, full of gifs.  But not only can I not find anything remotely close to what I'm looking for, I can't even get the gifs I tied to use to show up as links, let alone an actual gif.  So, yeah.

*Mr. Incredible sitting at his too-small desk, typing unhappily at his computer.*

*Mr. Incredible measuring his waist and frowning at the number.*

*Mr. Incredible freaking out from the stress of trying to parent by himself and deal with things in the world going crazy.*

That about sums up how things have been going.  And none of that is ok.

So what's the plan?

*Mr. Incredible working out in the train yard.*

I know I should be doing something about how I'm eating, but that seems too hard right now.  Plus, there's not a whole lot of point in trying to make some sort of meal plan when the grocery store is a crap shoot and we don't have enough veggies from the garden (yet?  hopefully it's yet) to feed us.  So, I'm going to try to eat slightly less like a trash panda, but not worry about it too much.

What I am going to do, is exercise.  Every day.  At least a little something.  I'm not a crossfit person, but I am in possession of a calendar to train for Murph.  Which is an insane workout that's something like run a mile, do 200 pull ups, 300 push ups, and then run another mile.  There is no way I can do that, but I'm going to see how much of the training calendar I can follow.  It started on the 1st, so I've already done 50 push ups for time (6:36, elevated on my desk), and a 5ish minute long ab death workout.  Today I'm supposed to go for a "long" walk.  I haven't really looked at the rest of it, so I don't entirely know what's coming.  But I'm going to do it!  Or at least die trying!

I'm hoping if I can manage to get some exercise in, it'll help with the stress, which will in turn help with the getting fat.

So, let's get Incredible!

*Mr. Incredible looking heroic*

• Like 1
  • That's Metal 3

So as much as I'm complaining about how fat I'm getting and how much I don't like it, apparently my confidence has gotten better. Husband sent me out of the house for a bit this evening, so I could get some time to myself, which I haven't really had any of in over a month. It was at dinner time, so I was going to have to get food for myself. I thought I was just going to a drive through, so I didn't bother to get my mask out of Husband's car. Well, the coffee shop I stopped at required a mask for the drive through. And then I decided I didn't want fast food, so I stopped at the poke bowl restaurant. Guess what I did for a mask? 😜

I'm glad I was wearing high-waisted shorts and a cute sports bra that matched them. But I felt surprising comfortable walking in like that!

Oh! Challenge update stuff, before I forget. The long walk ended up being just over 2 miles. I'm sure I could have gone farther, but the boys were done after that. Actually, they were done after 3/4 of a mile, but I dragged them along for the rest of it.

• Like 3

So, per my workout calendar, I was supposed to run 800 meters today.  That didn't happen.

Why not?

Well, I started work a bit after 8, shortly after I rolled out of bed.  It's currently 10 after 10pm.  I'm still working.  I took my "lunch break" at 7:30 to put the kids to bed.  It's been a day.  I'm not running at midnight.  Ideally, this last job will be done in the next half hour.  I'm not holding out hope of it being completed sooner than another hour, though.  So. much. overtime. 🤪

• Wow 2

11 hours ago, Elennare said:

Well, I started work a bit after 8, shortly after I rolled out of bed.  It's currently 10 after 10pm.  I'm still working.  I took my "lunch break" at 7:30 to put the kids to bed.  It's been a day.  I'm not running at midnight.  Ideally, this last job will be done in the next half hour.  I'm not holding out hope of it being completed sooner than another hour, though.  So. much. overtime. 🤪

That's insane. I get that OT is good, especially when in uncertain employment times, but oof, ouch. 14+ hours? Those are hero/ endurance times. 

Love the story about going out to get food - yay confidence! You are, dare I say it, incredible. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Manarelle said:

That's insane. I get that OT is good, especially when in uncertain employment times, but oof, ouch. 14+ hours? Those are hero/ endurance times.

So, we ended up finishing just before midnight.  Like, minutes before.  And we only pulled that off because I made some of the changes myself, since the guy working the job didn't seem to be able to understand what I wanted him to do.  Ended up with a 15 hour day and 7 hours of overtime.  Got to bed around 1am because I needed some time to decompress before going to bed, not getting enough sleep, and doing it all over again.  Today is a much lighter day, with far less complicated work, which is good.  Because, to say I am not functioning optimally today is perhaps an understatement.  At least it looks like I'll be done on time today.

Don't think I'm going to run, because not only am I still trying to recover from yesterday, it's freaking hot out today.  Like, heat advisory hot.  Instead, I will just do today's exercise, which is "death by pull ups."  I'm going to do ring rows, because that's were my fitness level is, but the idea is, you start a stopwatch, and do 1 in the first minute, 2 in the second, etc, until you can't do the correct number of exercises in the minute either because you're too slow or you can't do any more.  So that'll be fun.

Might try to make up the run later, but not today.

3 hours ago, Manarelle said:

Love the story about going out to get food - yay confidence! You are, dare I say it, incredible. 

Well thank you!  😊

The garden bed I ordered, that was supposed to arrive by April 27th at the latest, is finally out for delivery today.  According to the tracking info, anyway.  It had better show up, because I have a bunch of plants that desperately need to get out of their nursery pots.  I'm not especially happy with Home Depot right now.  Because, we ordered a hose attachment at the same time (different order though, because Husband didn't think of it until 15 minutes after I'd placed the other order), which was supposed to arrive just before the garden bed.  Which was cool, because that would make it easy to pick them both up at the same time and minimize trips.  We haven't got it yet, because we're still trying to get them at the same time, but the date the garden bed will be ready keeps slipping.  Wasn't too worried about that yet, because they said they'd hold the order until May 23.  They just sent me an email today informing me they have changed their policy on how long they'll hold orders and we now have a week to pick it up.  They better get me my garden bed before then! :angry:

• Sad 2

Update:

Further reason not to run - we just got a low air quality alert. But I did my rows. Decided if I had to go through the hassle of switching the silks for the rings, it wasn't going to happen today. I got 7+4. Which means I did a total of 32. Not terrible. Especially since I'm so wiped out today.

My garden bed actually arrived! Husband is going to go grab both orders tomorrow, while doing all the other errands. And in awesome gardening news, our cherry tomato plant has produced enough tomatoes for breakfast tomorrow for everyone! Though, they're red instead of yellow like they were supposed to be. That's a bit disappointing, but still tasty.

And with that, I'm off to take a nap until dinner gets here!

• Like 3

We did not have the tomatoes for breakfast this morning, because we forgot to thaw the bacon. Oops. Guess we'll have them tomorrow.

Today's exercise was the rolling over with a shoe balanced on your foot mobility challenge. I was able to actually do it! Got it on the first try with my right leg, and the second try with my left. I was not able to do that last time I tried. Wasn't able to get a video, though. Since that's all that was scheduled for today, I might make up the run later, despite it being super hot out. If I'm not too tired. Stayed up too late last night.

It was totally worth it though!

https://www.instagram.com/p/B_1aiOOJLi2/?igshid=1241eqgezt6g0

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Elennare said:

we forgot to thaw the bacon

You would think that this would be something I would figure out needs to be done regularly, but somehow I manage to consistently do exactly not that

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

You would think that this would be something I would figure out needs to be done regularly, but somehow I manage to consistently do exactly not that

Same. Part of why we were well stocked for the quarantine is because we tend to get things, put 'em in the freezer, and then forget to thaw and use them, so the next time we go shopping, we think "we should get x for this week!" Rinse, repeat. We're finally working through all that and it's weird to see the back of the freezer.... 

• Like 1

Fun fact about the workout calendar I'm following: some of the days say "see today's post in the Facebook group for the workout" so even if I had looked ahead I wouldn't know what I was doing half the time!

Today's was 200m run, 5 rounds of 10 burpees + 8 ring rows, 200m run.

The air outside was not good today, so I subbed running in place for 2 minutes for the 200m runs. I am not a runner, so I hope that is a decent substitution, because I really have no idea how long it takes me to run that far. I do my cardio with wheels on my feet! :P  But I got all of that insanity done in 26 minutes. Not counting the pause to take my inhaler. Because, bad air today. The burpees at the end of round 3 and on were fugly, but I did it!

Work was interesting today. It was a slow day, but there were lots of meetings. Lots of hearing repeats of info we've already heard, just from different managers. And also planning how we're going to get the last chunk of work we're supposed to be taking transitioned to us stat. Because if we don't, the people who need to teach us might get laid off, or someone might decide not to give us the work after all, in which case we'll have 7 people too many (per the bean counters) in our group! The concensus seems to be no matter how we do it, it's going to be ugly, because we're trying to do it too fast. So that's going to be fun.

In awesome news, Little One and I got the new garden bed set up, the plants in it, and the baby carrots in some dirt.

20200507_175014.thumb.jpg.b65122479a7da4fa7b539f5635a5b8c9.jpg

Edit: to make this even better, after dinner, Little One declared he was ready to exercise, and proceeded to do a few burpees and rows. It was super cute.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Elennare said:

Edit: to make this even better, after dinner, Little One declared he was ready to exercise, and proceeded to do a few burpees and rows. It was super cute.

Perfect!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Elennare said:

SOOO CUTE.

I took today off from work because I needed a break and I didn't have any important meetings today. It was pretty nice to not have to work today.

The morning was a little bit crazy, because the boys are going a bit stir crazy due to lack of playground or really even outside time. But I had good timing with my day off work, because they opened the beaches for "active recreation" starting today. So we went swimming this afternoon. Blew up the giant unicorn floaty we bought last year and didn't get a chance to use, and went and played in the waves for a half hour or so. It was amazing and exactly what we needed.

Today's exercise was to do 100 squats. I've only done half of them so far, but I will finish before I go to bed. But I have an awesome story about the squats I have done so far.

Husband has been playing the new Final Fantasy 7 game (uh...I guess slight spoilers ahead?). Last night he got to the part where Cloud gets in a squats competition. Yes really. You have a minute and 10 seconds to make Cloud do as many squats as you can. You have to get more than your opponent to win. A tie means you lose.

Well, given that and what today's exercise was, I had to challenge him. When Husband finally won last night, he got 47 squats in the minute ten. I had Husband set a timer for me and tried it myself. I got 47! And then almost fell over. But I beat Cloud! S.O.L.D.I.E.R boy ain't got nothing on me! :D

• Like 2
  • That's Metal 2

On 5/7/2020 at 10:06 PM, Elennare said:

Aw! Adorable, and indicative of an inspiring parents. :) Love the garden, too, the purple felt is beautiful. 

On 5/8/2020 at 11:15 PM, Elennare said:

Well, given that and what today's exercise was, I had to challenge him. When Husband finally won last night, he got 47 squats in the minute ten. I had Husband set a timer for me and tried it myself. I got 47! And then almost fell over. But I beat Cloud! S.O.L.D.I.E.R boy ain't got nothing on me! :D

like+a+boss.png

Let's see, I think I owe updates from Saturday and Sunday. And today, of course.

I was productive on Saturday! Went through the boys' clothes to see what they had that fit, pulled the stuff that didn't out of their drawers, and ordered things to fill in the gaps while it was on sale! They actually both had more things that fit than expected. Which probably means we need to do better on keeping up with laundry and organizing their drawers, but one step at a time. I also cleaned up the kitchen some.

Exercise was 50 hollow body rocks, and I decided to take the boys out for a bike ride after I finished that. Only, I went on my skates. We got about a mile in.

Sunday we took it easy. Husband and the boys brought me breakfast in bed, all the grandmas were called, and we went for a walk (the exercise calendar called for active recovery). It was a lovely Mother's Day.

Back to work today. Yuck. (lol)  Slow day today, which wasn't terrible. I had to run a few errands around lunch time, including picking something up from my office. I expected that to take around an hour. It took over 2!  Which meant I got off work late, because I had a crazy long lunch break.

Today's scheduled exercise is to run 1200 m. Which, I think is a mile? It's dark outside now. Not only am I not a runner, I don't have the right gear to run outside in the dark. So I think I'm going to do a half hour of zumba and call it good. I'm doing my best!

I'm also toying with the idea of signing up for a 30 day get in shape challenge thing. It seems healthy, and the nutrition part is teaching you about macros, but it also includes exercises you're supposed to do first thing in the morning (which is not going to work with my current schedule, and I'm not sure I can really successfully change that), and I've already spent probably more money than I should have on similar things that I never really managed to follow. But, I haven't tried doing anything with macros before, so it might be worth it for that? I need to decide quick, because it actually started today.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Elennare said:

Which, I think is a mile?

I think 1,600 is a mile.

Yay for a productive Saturday and relaxing Mother's Day

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Elennare said:

Today's scheduled exercise is to run 1200 m. Which, I think is a mile? It's dark outside now. Not only am I not a runner, I don't have the right gear to run outside in the dark. So I think I'm going to do a half hour of zumba and call it good. I'm doing my best!

Safety is important.... can't make progress on goals if you fall and break something or get hit. You are giving it hella effort and that definitely counts!

9 hours ago, Elennare said:

but it also includes exercises you're supposed to do first thing in the morning (which is not going to work with my current schedule, and I'm not sure I can really successfully change that),

Ugh dude. There have been occasions where I have to do a morning workout and just... hate. Some people are made to workout in the morning, and some are not, I think. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

I think 1,600 is a mile.

You're quite right. Which I should have known, because my brothers both did track in high school and I've been to enough meets. But I forgot, and apparently couldn't math last night! 😜

1 hour ago, Manarelle said:

Safety is important.... can't make progress on goals if you fall and break something or get hit. You are giving it hella effort and that definitely counts!

Ugh dude. There have been occasions where I have to do a morning workout and just... hate. Some people are made to workout in the morning, and some are not, I think. 

I have decided not to try the new thing. In addition to not really doing morning workouts (have I mentioned a time or five how I'm not a morning person?), I'm part way through doing something else. I'd probably give it a shot if it started at a different time, but now is not the right time for me to randomly switch up what I'm doing. Especially since it would be a big change and I wouldn't have any time to prep for it.

• Like 2