• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Rebel Pilot Gar

[Rebel Pilot Gar] One with the Force

Back to the Star Wars themes ;) 

Putting a big focus on mindset for this challenge and Jedi always scream "mindset" for me. I've also been re-watching The Clone Wars cartoon because I want to see the new season. So get ready for some gifs because that show is fantastic, and I love the Clones (and Anakin, Obi-Wan, etc). (I've also been rewatching the prequels. We don't discriminate about Star Wars in this thread.))

Think I've mentioned it in a couple posts lately, but I've been managing anxiety / panic attacks. It's not even recent -- I've had episodes on and off for years and it reared its ugly head back in Aug 2019 and recently actually has been less severe with the stay at home orders. I still have "down days" but the panic attacks are no longer "multiple times a day throughout the week/month" type of thing. Back in November / December when it was really bad I had reached out for professional help and was suggested to start meditating, among other things. Of course as soon as I reached out for help, work insurance changed with the new year and I'll need to start from scratch... which I haven't worked up the energy to do yet. 

Not currently sure when I'll actually be going back into work. But here's the plan while I'm still working from home. 

1 ) Mindset: Daily Meditation (at least 5 min) + Journaling (at least 1 page in A5 notebook)

14-Star-Wars-Quotes-760x506.jpg

2) Fitness: 20 minutes of movement (cardio, bodyweight and/or yoga), 4 days per week. ((Debating if walking counts.. leaning towards no.))

04-Star-Wars-Quotes-760x506.jpg

3) Nutrition: Food & Drink Log. Mark down time and what I ate/drank. Water I’ll probably just sum up what I drank throughout day to make it easier.

16-Star-Wars-Quotes-760x506.jpg

Loot List:

1) Fountain Pen Ink (Meditation & Journaling >80%)
2) Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order Game (Move > 80%) and FFVII Remake (Move 100% of goal)

3) $20 towards new tea samples (Track food > 80%). Extra $20 for kitchen cabinets purge/declutter.

• Like 5

Copy/Paste format for Updates: (stealing a leaf from Starpuck's book on this format ;) )

Complete:  ■

Incomplete:   □

Week_Day_

Meditation: 

Journaling: 

Movement: 

Log Food: 

Progress (update weekly):

Meditation: W1: ■■■■■□□ | W2: □□□□□□□ | W3: □□□□□□□ | W4: □□□□□□□ | W5: □□□□□□□ = 5 / 35

Journaling: W1: ■■■□■□□ | W2: □□□□□□□ | W3: □□□□□□□ | W4: □□□□□□□ | W5: □□□□□□□ = 4 / 35

Movement: W1: ■■■■        | W2: □□□□         | W3: □□□□        | W4: □□□□        | W5: □□□□         = 4 / 20

Log Food:   W1: ■■■■■■■ | W2: □□□□□□□ | W3: □□□□□□□ | W4: □□□□□□□ | W5: □□□□□□□  = 7 / 35

• Like 2

AWESOME! A Star Wars challenge! I'm definitely following you for this!

Quick question: Can you clarify what you mean by the opposite of Stress-eat?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Red1263 said:

AWESOME! A Star Wars challenge! I'm definitely following you for this!

Quick question: Can you clarify what you mean by the opposite of Stress-eat?

Thanks Red, glad to have you along!

Sorry for the poor wording! When I’m stressed enough I’ll not feel hungry enough to eat. So I would go all day until dinner on a banana and a handful of almonds for example. I have time blocked off on my work calendar to make sure I grab lunch, but weekend structure isn’t there as much.

Maybe my nutrition goal should be a meal prep/ know your next meal kind of thing. Since now that I’m only braving the grocery store once a week we have actually been putting in effort to plan stuff out. (Not so much that I’m afraid to go to the grocery store. There’s just always a line at the store I like to go to now with the social distancing restrictions so it turns into a 2 hour experience)

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Rebel Pilot Gar said:

image.gif.ade84278e284914eafce19ea1d9d29ff.gif
May the Fourth be with you all :D

l9_MrF.gif

And also with you!  :D

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Starpuck said:

l9_MrF.gif

And also with you!  :D

:D thanks for stopping in Puck :D 

5 hours ago, RES said:

xxx-empirestrikesback_ep5_key_187_r_dcb.

How appropriate I follow this thread on May the 4th...

Ahaha this is me 80% of the year. But at least I had an excuse to bombard my coworkers with Star Wars gifs today (and the past week to be entirely honest). Welcome, and thanks for joining!

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Rebel Pilot Gar said:

this is me 80% of the year

... You're a Jedi Master on the back of Mark Hamill? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

I’m here for more Star Wars gifs.

Welcome!  I have to level up my gif game and learn how to post from mobile but I promise to find some good ones to share ;) 

58 minutes ago, Red1263 said:

... You're a Jedi Master on the back of Mark Hamill? 

Lol I wish! I meant Star Wars mode lol. But thanks for giving me the opportunity to share this gem

9ECC85A7-5CD1-4B03-8D87-FB8461429028.jpeg.c4af185877de3dcd361c5299dc40c81c.jpeg

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Rebel Pilot Gar said:

Lol I wish! I meant Star Wars mode lol. But thanks for giving me the opportunity to share this gem

9ECC85A7-5CD1-4B03-8D87-FB8461429028.jpeg.c4af185877de3dcd361c5299dc40c81c.jpeg

To be of service, Happy am I 

• Like 1

Ok I figured out what I’m going to do with goal # 3. Food & drink tracking except with time stamps instead of broken up by meal. Even if it’s more of a “gather intel” type of goal it will help me be smart about where to focus next.

Goals are updated and I added loot. (I’ve already bought the video games but figured I can still work to earn them) 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Red1263 said:

As a Final Fantasy nerd, I truly hope that you get FF7R Because I've heard nothing but good things about it

I’ve heard great things, though apparently combat takes some getting used. I have good memories of FFVII. Borrowed it from a friend, one disc at a time, as she finished the game. Lol so the remake being released in parts actually brings back memories 😆

Out of curiosity what is your favorite of the Final Fantasy games? I have only played a couple other than VII but enjoyed the story for all of them. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Rebel Pilot Gar said:

Out of curiosity what is your favorite of the Final Fantasy games?

Hmm... I'd say in order 6, 4, and 5. 

6 for the BEST FF villain ever to grace 16-bit, Kefka

4 for the story of love and betrayal

5 for the cool effect of changing your class as well as some funny moments

And all of them for their music. What about you?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Red1263 said:

Honestly I have only completed 4 and 7. But preference order is definitely 4 then 7. That betrayal gutted me omg.

I did start games for 1 and 8 but didn’t play enough of the game (that I remember) to put them in any order. 

And yes all of that music is soooo good.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Red1263 said:

Look at you using the proper Japanese #'s instead of the NA labeling!

6, Aka FFIII for NA, with Locke and Terra... omg.  Best one!   The opera scene oh man oh man!   And yes, Kefka!!

7 for omg what did this video game just do to me!

9 because I bawled like a baby at the end of that one

I didn't do 10, or 10-2, or 12, but I did play FFXI online as my first MMO!

• Like 2

Happy last day of zero week :) 

The only MMO's I've played for any actual amount of time are Maplestory and Star Wars: The Old Republic. Still playing SWTOR off and on to be honest. I've become pretty attached to my characters -- especially my trooper (Gar) and my bounty hunter (Farren) ❤️ Though a few friends in uni really liked FFXI. 

Okay so video games to the side... here's the "Ideal Schedule" for doing good things. I'm still WFH through at least the next 1-2 weeks by the sound of it. Later in the challenge... well, we'll see.

This is the ideal weekday schedule, but I guess i can swap work time for chores/groceries/food prep/etc on weekends

Wake up. 

Meditate before coffee. Journal during coffee. (aka my master plan to limit social media before work). 

• (Still need to find a spot for the meditation & journaling since my "desk" is now my work area. And I don't really want to tie the habits that are supposed to relax me with the work area at this time)
  • ((I have also decided that Darth Sidious is the "mean little voice" in my head that tells me I'm worthless & nothing I do matters. And he can go kriff off.))
  • giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e475e9620d604263f00a4

Walk Dog.

Work -- Focus & do good things. (Trying 45 min work / 5 min break splits)

Lunch -- Do not eat at my computer, take at least 10-15 mins to mindfully eat away from desk

Work -- Continue to focus & do good things. (Trying 45 min work / 5 min break splits)

Playtime / Walk Dog. (est 5:00-5:30pm)

Workout (est 6pm)

• Mon/Wed/Fri - Bodyweight Circuit
  • Tues/Thur/Sat/Sun - Cardio, Yoga and/or Hiking
  • giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e476dcb9255dabe88c3c8

Prep Dinner (est 7:00-7:30pm)

Eat Dinner (est 8 pm)

Break -- TV, Book and/or Videogame time

Bedtime -- 10:30 pm

• Like 4

On 5/8/2020 at 6:38 AM, Rebel Pilot Gar said:

Honestly I have only completed 4 and 7. But preference order is definitely 4 then 7. That betrayal gutted me omg.

I did start games for 1 and 8 but didn’t play enough of the game (that I remember) to put them in any order. 

And yes all of that music is soooo good.

I was contemplating on playing either 8 Remastered or 9 on my Xbox, because I haven't played either one of them.

On 5/8/2020 at 9:55 AM, Starpuck said:

Look at you using the proper Japanese #'s instead of the NA labeling!

6, Aka FFIII for NA, with Locke and Terra... omg.  Best one!   The opera scene oh man oh man!   And yes, Kefka!!

7 for omg what did this video game just do to me!

9 because I bawled like a baby at the end of that one

I didn't do 10, or 10-2, or 12, but I did play FFXI online as my first MMO!

ha ha ha! You do realize that you're much cooler in my eyes now, right? 🥰

All in all, Great goals RPG, I'll be here to offer my support!

• Like 2

W1 Progress Update (W1D2):

Meditation: W1: ■■□□□□□ 

Journaling: W1: ■■□□□□□ 

Movement: W1: ■□□□       

Log Food:   W1: ■■□□□□□

The start of challenge motivation is strong with this one ;) 

Knocked out a body weight workout today, and the meditation & journalling is good so far. Dog has been joining me for the meditation sessions, but I'm not sure yet if it's because he wants to join me or because I'm doing "a weird thing" so he needs to stare at me and make sure I'm alright. 

So far just doing unguided meditation, but tracking it through an app I picked up last time I worked on a meditation habit (Oak - it's free, always a bonus). One cool thing, even though it is probably pretty standard for meditation and mindfulness apps, is that I get a quote of the day after I finish my 5 minute session. 

I thought today's was a pretty good one to share:

f82d740e754b6ef204fc70c3a8b6b8370009837c

Food tracking is also going well. I need to put some extra focus on remembering to update in the evening, because I am using a paper notebook that does not move around the house with me. If it becomes an ongoing issue, I will switch to using a notes app on my phone (maybe transferring to paper later on, maybe switching entirely to digital). Will tackle that challenge when (or if) needed. 

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Rebel Pilot Gar said:

Meditation: W1: ■■□□□□□ 

Journaling: W1: ■■□□□□□ 

Omg, I love this.  

I love teensy boxes!   Nice job on Day 1!!

• Like 1

W1 Progress Update (W1D3😞

Meditation: W1: ■■■□□□□ 

Journaling: W1: ■■■□□□□ 

Meditation & journaling still good. I have been meditating in the morning before work, but journaling in the evening. I almost like it better this way? I can vent all the toxic work-stress thoughts into the journal then go about my evening in peace. Might stick with that plan going forward. 

Movement - nothing that counts. But we did go for a family walk after work (about 1.6 miles... we let doggy pick the direction at any intersection where it was safe to do so. He seemed quite happy with that arrangement)

Log Food -- on the fence whether to count this. I got very frustrated/stressed during work today. To the point where I walked away from my computer, went outside and did breathing exercises at least 3 times. I think I tracked most of the food, but might've missed some stuff in the afternoon. 

I have noticed a trend of snacking a lot during the work day. But I'm eating a lot less at meals (previously purchasing from work cafeteria). Might just be that I need a more balanced breakfast and lunch. I'll try to grab some snapshots of the food log to post during the weekend when I log into home-computer. 

• Like 2