Jupiter Switches Things Up

Jupiter

17 hours ago, Waanie said:

At first I was confused, and thought it would be a great gimmicky idea to bread chicken with popcorn instead of breadcrumbs. I have no idea if that would work :lol:.

LOL well it would certainly be interesting. :D

17 hours ago, Waanie said:

Anyway, I'm glad that you had a few quiet days at work, you earned it :). Good job on adding two reps to all your strength-training things as well!

Yeah, it definitely helped keep the stress down, that's for sure. Thanks! :D

13 hours ago, Rookie said:

Yay groceries! Which reminds me I still need to meal plan for the next 2 weeks and figure out a grocery list lol BUT DONT WANNA. 

Popcorn chicken sounds pretty fancy. I love popcorn chicken.

Thanks! And I can't blame you there, LOL. And re: the popcorn chicken, yeah, me too, I can't stop eating them. :)

1 hour ago, Harriet said:

Nice!

Ah, the good old actually-there's-nothing-in-the-house diet.

Thanks! Yup, it's a fun diet. 

Had so many files come in at work today that I had to ask my supervisor to reassign half of them because there was no way I was getting to them today. Luckily some of my co-workers weren't quite as busy and could take on a few extra to help me out. Also had a loan officer tell me I'm doing a phenomenal job and she gave me a Starbucks gift card as thanks for all the hard work I've done on her files. Totally made my day. Anyway, stats:

Fitness:

- Yoga: nope

Nutrition:

- Fruit: 2 servings

- Veggies: 1 serving 

- Ugh, ate all the things. Need to pay better attention to this tomorrow. 

Intellectual:

- Revisions: No revising, but I did figure out how to narrow the focus of the plot in the first few chapters. Before I had two major plots going which was way too much, but I figured out a way to make one of them a subplot instead and feed into the major plot so I don't have to completely get rid of it. So after I'm done with chapter 1 I have some cutting to do. Still need to update my outline though with the changes so I know exactly what I need to do when I'm revising. 

Misc:

- Read: 30 minutes

- Cook: nope

• Like 4
11 minutes ago, Jupiter said:

- Revisions: No revising, but I did figure out how to narrow the focus of the plot in the first few chapters. Before I had two major plots going which was way too much, but I figured out a way to make one of them a subplot instead and feed into the major plot so I don't have to completely get rid of it. So after I'm done with chapter 1 I have some cutting to do. Still need to update my outline though with the changes so I know exactly what I need to do when I'm revising. 

Excellent plotting. 

• Like 1

Let cheese and bread and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination.

On 5/20/2020 at 9:15 PM, Harriet said:

Excellent plotting. 

Thanks!

10 hours ago, Waanie said:

Hopefully a cute gif can make it slightly better:

85Pd59R.gif

Aw, thank you. :) I saw this this morning and it made my day brighter. 

9 hours ago, ReturnOfTheDad said:

So sorry to hear that! Bad days suck.

Hope things get better.

Yes they do, and thank you, I appreciate it. :) 

Thanks guys, your support means a lot. I think I've just put so much pressure on myself to finish this novel that it's finally starting to get to me a little bit and make me feel all kinds of awful. Need to figure out how to stop that. At the very least I kept up with yoga and eating my fruits and veggies. 

• Like 4
9 hours ago, Jupiter said:

I think I've just put so much pressure on myself to finish this novel that it's finally starting to get to me a little bit and make me feel all kinds of awful. Need to figure out how to stop that. At the very least I kept up with yoga and eating my fruits and veggies. 

You're doing great though! 

Some pressure is needed to push through when work demands so much of your mental energy. Otherwise you cannot work on the things that matter to you.

You're treating your body great by keeping up with the yoga and the fresh foods. I take minibreathing breaks to have a buffer between everything coming at me when days get crazy. That way I can still tell myself I am not saluting and marching to what everyone (including myself) is asking of me haha

That may be my "I pushed myself beyond my comfort levels for 3 years and now I want some time to be my phlegmatic self" side talking though :D You can do this 👌👌

• Like 1

Level ☆ human [uncategorizable]
STR 2 | DEX 3 | CON 2 | STA 3 | WIS 5 | CHA 5
Current challenge: Athena focuses on the physical | 
Battle log

10 hours ago, Jupiter said:

Thanks guys, your support means a lot. I think I've just put so much pressure on myself to finish this novel that it's finally starting to get to me a little bit and make me feel all kinds of awful.

Is this a self-imposed pressure to finish or an outside source of pressure?  Sorry if I missed you stating that somewhere else. 

• Like 1
On 5/21/2020 at 12:03 AM, Jupiter said:

Also had a loan officer tell me I'm doing a phenomenal job and she gave me a Starbucks gift card as thanks for all the hard work I've done on her files. Totally made my day. 

Nice!  Way to go!!  Sorry you had a few rough days (I totally understand being barraged by questions from all direction).  Have a great weekend!

• Like 1

“And now that you don’t have to be perfect, you can be good.” John Steinbeck

“Do I dare disturb the universe?” – T.S. Eliot

“You wanna fly, you got to give up the shit that weighs you down.” – Toni Morrison

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us" JRR Tolkien

12 hours ago, analoggirl said:

You're doing great though! 

Some pressure is needed to push through when work demands so much of your mental energy. Otherwise you cannot work on the things that matter to you.

You're treating your body great by keeping up with the yoga and the fresh foods. I take minibreathing breaks to have a buffer between everything coming at me when days get crazy. That way I can still tell myself I am not saluting and marching to what everyone (including myself) is asking of me haha

Thank you. :) Sometimes it doesn't really feel like it, so it's good to hear/be reminded from other people (I am seriously my own worst critic). And true re the pressure, but I think I go a little too above and beyond in that department LOL. I may have to try the breathing exercises and see if that helps. And add reminders on my phone or something because knowing me I will forget. :P Thanks. :) 

12 hours ago, analoggirl said:

That may be my "I pushed myself beyond my comfort levels for 3 years and now I want some time to be my phlegmatic self" side talking though :D You can do this 👌👌

LOL I totally understand this. :D And thanks! :) 

12 hours ago, Chesire said:

Is this a self-imposed pressure to finish or an outside source of pressure?  Sorry if I missed you stating that somewhere else. 

Oh no worries, I don't think I ever really said. It's a totally self-imposed pressure right now. My goal originally was to finish it by December of last year but I hit major burnout so it didn't happen. Then the goal was to finish it by May/June of this year, which again is being pushed back to this December...so yeah. I feel like I'm way behind now which just makes me add more pressure on myself to get it done. 

8 hours ago, Novaurora said:

Nice!  Way to go!!  Sorry you had a few rough days (I totally understand being barraged by questions from all direction).  Have a great weekend!

Thanks! :) Hope you have a great weekend too! :) 

• Like 3

I've been exhausted all day today. Though considering the week I've had, it's not that surprising. Also going to bed late last night didn't help things, but I kept getting a bunch of ideas at like 11pm and I had to write them down before I forgot them. Did manage to do some laundry today though and I read for a few hours (the book is just okay, not as good as the first book), so I think I'm finally starting to wake up a bit. The plan for this afternoon/evening is this:

- Strength training

- 1 serving of veggies (had 2 servings of fruit already so I can check that off my list)

- Revise 2 pages 

- More reading

I have a Harry Potter marathon going and I'm ready to do some work. Let's do this. 

• Like 3
3 hours ago, analoggirl said:

Well. I know of great thinkers of the world  that never finished their greatest works so I guess we're good :D Enjoy the marathon+ work!

LOL I guess so. Thanks! 😁

2 hours ago, Harriet said:

Wooo! I'm reading all the books in German. Just finished 3. 

Nice! Which one's your favorite so far?

• Like 2
16 minutes ago, Jupiter said:

Nice! Which one's your favorite so far?

Ermmmmmm I love them all. I guess if I had to pick, I would say 5 is the best. I have read them many, many times in English, though, so reading them in German won't change that :) And you? Do you have a favourite? 

• Like 1

Let cheese and bread and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination.

5 minutes ago, Harriet said:

Ermmmmmm I love them all. I guess if I had to pick, I would say 5 is the best. I have read them many, many times in English, though, so reading them in German won't change that :) And you? Do you have a favourite? 

LOL nice. Five is my favorite also. 😊

• That's Metal 1
4 minutes ago, Harriet said:

Excellent, excellent. 10 points to... 

Slytherin, the greatest house of all!

• Haha 1
  • That's Metal 2

Book Riot Challenge 2021

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scaly Freak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28

13 minutes ago, Harriet said:

Excellent, excellent. 10 points to... 

Gryffindor? Though I'd probably fit better into Ravenclaw ha ha. 😁

14 minutes ago, Scalyfreak said:

Slytherin, the greatest house of all!

LOL! 😁

• Like 2

There's a quiz on the Pottermore website that asks you a bunch of questions about how you would behave in various situations and then sorts you into a house, if you are interested. :) 

• Like 2

Book Riot Challenge 2021

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scaly Freak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28

46 minutes ago, Jupiter said:

Gryffindor? Though I'd probably fit better into Ravenclaw ha ha. 😁

LOL! 😁

43 minutes ago, Scalyfreak said:

There's a quiz on the Pottermore website that asks you a bunch of questions about how you would behave in various situations and then sorts you into a house, if you are interested. :) 

Right. I took the quiz at Scaly's prompting and found out that I wasn't, um, what I expected. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Harriet said:

Right. I took the quiz at Scaly's prompting and found out that I wasn't, um, what I expected. 

Pfft. You are exactly in the house you belong. ;) 

• Like 2

Book Riot Challenge 2021

13 minutes ago, Waanie said:

At least your own choice is important to the Sorting Hat as well :)

You do seem to have to object actively while you are sitting with it on, though. 

So too late, Slytherin it is! :D

I spent most of my teens telling myself I was a Gryffindor/Slytherin but since a few years I accepted that I am a Hufflepuff/Ravenclaw:D Only a Slytherin when someone tries to hurt my friends or family - then I let an opportunistic streak show its head as well - but that isn't that much unlike a Hufflepuff and/or a Ravenclaw either hahaha

• Like 3

Level ☆ human [uncategorizable]
STR 2 | DEX 3 | CON 2 | STA 3 | WIS 5 | CHA 5
Current challenge: Athena focuses on the physical | 
Battle log