• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Alright so some goals to get started on a new path...well how about...

1.) Eat vegetables with every meal (even breakfastūüėú)

2.) Workout for 30 min 3x a week

3.) No eating after 9pm (single mom of twin boys...this will be difficult) 

Now as for life style goals im thinking read one book a week. Workout the mind too! 

If anyone is in the Colorado Springs area and wants to work on this together let me know. And any and all help and encouragement and ideas and support is greatly appreciated welcomed. 

Let's do this!! This is for me and my kidsūüėć

• Like 9

Good goals! I don't eat veggies for breakfast myself, at least on weekdays -- it's just coffee and a protein shake for me. Any ideas on what kinds of veggies you'll be keeping around?

• Like 1

I like your goals!

You probably already have a plan, but for me I know incorporating veggies into my breakfast was a little difficult. For me spinach in smoothies worked great. The taste is subtle, and it blends well. I also would chop up some veggies and saute them in egg scrambles since I don't like eating the same thing everyday. I know that tomatoes are technically a fruit, but a scoop of salsa on your eggs when you don't want or have the time to dice also works great. 

Good luck! I'll be rooting for you!

• Like 3

I am a huge fan of veggies with breakfast - starts the day off on a good foot :)¬†I tend to do something quick and easy most mornings (Mom of 3 here) - maybe 3 scrambled eggs with some guacamole on top and a side of snap peas, sliced up bell peppers, or leftover cooked asparagus. Another fave is a big shallow bowl of spinach (about 2-3c) with a little good quality balsamic vinegar (maybe 1/2T), fry up three¬†eggs extra crispy with¬†salt/pepper in 1/2 - 1 tbsp butter and put all on top of the spinach. The runny yolks and butter mix with the balsamic to make an awesome ‚Äúdressing‚ÄĚ.¬†

• Like 2

Hi! I started eating vegetables for breakfast too from January this year, I have half a cucumber every morning (along with an egg, apple and kefir) What vegetables are you planning to eat? It’s nice to find out others are adding/eating veg to their breakfast too, it felt rather lonely lol!

• Like 1

In totally addicted to cucumbers and avocados with fat free Italian dressing. Its crazy refreshing.  And zucchini with mushroom soup instead of using noodles. I wish i could have eggs for breakfast but they kinda make ne sick.

• Like 2

thank you all do much for the great ideas and support. This is just going to be so tough changing 30 years of bad habits. Im trying and haven't gotten to having veggies with breakfast yet but lunch and dinner have been great. I wish eggs didn't make me nauseous. So many great egg ideas. Figuring out breakfast for the week days is hard. I get up at 4am so i don't really have time to cook. 

• Like 4

On 5/6/2020 at 7:41 PM, Kmlrn84 said:

Great goals. I am also curious what kinds of workouts you have planned.

Nothing specific. I walk everyday and just kinda do what pops into my head 3-4 times a week. I've done some dance fitness and some weight training so far. I really like the dance fitness. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, //Min said:

Hi! I started eating vegetables for breakfast too from January this year, I have half a cucumber every morning (along with an egg, apple and kefir) What vegetables are you planning to eat? It’s nice to find out others are adding/eating veg to their breakfast too, it felt rather lonely lol!

So far i have eaten a lot of zucchini, cucumbers, and avocados. Gonna start adding adding sweet potatoes and asparagus. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, //Min said:

I started eating a lot of cucumber, avocado and zucchini. Breakfast for me is just a challenge. 

• Like 1

On 5/8/2020 at 5:29 AM, HMac said:

I am a huge fan of veggies with breakfast - starts the day off on a good foot :)¬†I tend to do something quick and easy most mornings (Mom of 3 here) - maybe 3 scrambled eggs with some guacamole on top and a side of snap peas, sliced up bell peppers, or leftover cooked asparagus. Another fave is a big shallow bowl of spinach (about 2-3c) with a little good quality balsamic vinegar (maybe 1/2T), fry up three¬†eggs extra crispy with¬†salt/pepper in 1/2 - 1 tbsp butter and put all on top of the spinach. The runny yolks and butter mix with the balsamic to make an awesome ‚Äúdressing‚ÄĚ.¬†

I wish eggs didn't make me nauseous. That all sounds good. Im having a real hard time with breakfast in general. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, //Min said:

I wish i could have eggs. But I am having such a hard time with breakfast in general. 

• Like 2

On 5/5/2020 at 10:06 PM, wolfgirl said:

I like your goals!

You probably already have a plan, but for me I know incorporating veggies into my breakfast was a little difficult. For me spinach in smoothies worked great. The taste is subtle, and it blends well. I also would chop up some veggies and saute them in egg scrambles since I don't like eating the same thing everyday. I know that tomatoes are technically a fruit, but a scoop of salsa on your eggs when you don't want or have the time to dice also works great. 

Good luck! I'll be rooting for you!

Oh i dont have a plan lol. Breakfast is just so hard to figure out in general. 

• Like 1

On 5/4/2020 at 4:13 AM, annyshay said:

Looks great! What sort of workouts are you thinking?

Nothing really planned. Lots of walking and some weight training. Oh and dance fitness. 

• Like 1

On 5/3/2020 at 10:02 PM, PaulG said:

Good goals! I don't eat veggies for breakfast myself, at least on weekdays -- it's just coffee and a protein shake for me. Any ideas on what kinds of veggies you'll be keeping around?

So far its been avocados and cucumbers and red bell peppers. Been delicious so far. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Twinhope2020 said:

I started eating a lot of cucumber, avocado and zucchini. Breakfast for me is just a challenge. 

I get what you mean. Before I started, I actually didn't eat breakfast at all as I just wasn't hungry so early in the morning before work, and my tastebuds didn't like any strong flavours in the morning. And when I first started (1/2 apple, 1/2 cucumber, egg and kefir), I took half an hour to an hour to finish it because there was so much chewing involved and my jaw became sore lol! Now I wake up hungry and the food just tastes so delicious and I eat it in 15 mins.

I keep breakfast the same every day so I don't have to think about it and my tastebuds aren't fussy in the morning, but for some variety sometimes I swap out the egg for tofu/beancurd (basically this is my protein source) and the apple for strawberries. Or I add mushroom to the egg. My idea was to have 1 protein (egg/beancurd), 1 veg (cucumber), 1 fruit (apple/strawberry) and 1 carbo (kefir) for a balanced breakfast. So in that sense as long as these ingredients are in the fridge, I don't really have to plan too much. 

Lunch is the exciting part of the day that varies, as long as I have 1 meat protein (fish or chicken or pork), 1 to 1&1/2 veg protein (any leafy veg, not root veg) and 1/2 carbo (rice). 

For dinner I have 1 to 2 handfuls of veg (brocollli/spinach/kale/mushroom/any leafy veg - highest in plant base protein). For my challenge this round, I'm trying to increase my fruit serving as I don't eat enough fruit, so I'm adding one fruit serving to dinner. I'm choosing to eat kiwi and banana as I read they release certain things that are good for your sleep. 

The reason I restricted the ingredients is so I don't get decision fatigue and just keep the fridge stocked with it. I can change sauces and ways of cooking for variety and some occasional days I go out for something different. I picked the ingredients I liked the best anyway, so that's the approach I took to have a baseline.

I have been doing the above for four months, and have lost 5kg of fat. I barely did any exercise in the first month and minimal exercise in the second month before starting to move more in the third month. I have been aiming to do more movement throughout the day. It's slow, but the results are there, and now if I have a meal or two that's like super unhealthy, the weight doesn't come back actually because it was lost so slowly so it's great! I plan to keep this till I loose another 5-6kg of fat (so maybe another few more months) then I'll think about changing my diet. 

I'm cheering you on! You can do it, starting gentle and easy is the best because that's more sustainable.

• Like 1