Yeah, I signed up years ago but have yet to actually complete a challenge. So I'm BACK. 

Main Quest: become a better belly dancer and lose some weight in the process 

Goal #1: lose at least 3-5 pounds by dancing at least four times a week for a minimum 30 minutes (so far I've lost 10 lbs in the past few months but I'm in the middle of a looong plateau stage right now)

Goal #2: do Pilates to build strength in my arms and stomach, and pancake fold stretches for flexibility; at least four times a week for both (it seems a lot of transnational fusion belly dancers do a lot of muscle training using this stretch, so it's been something I've always wanted to be able to do)

Goal #3: get better at hula hooping and learn at least ONE new technique by the end of this challenge (currently trying to hoop on the hips and knees but because I can't do either - HOOPING IS HARD 😭 - I might try to master isolations instead)

EDIT - Goal #3.5: get back to studying languages (right now I got French, Japanese, and Fante to tackle!) - finish one book or set of online lessons by the time lockdown ends

• Like 7
NF Level 2, EQ Level 2
Current challenge: 6
Past Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Re-spawned vodun princess, Assassin-Druid (ASSID) hopeful

Happy training! 

• Like 1

LEVEL 4 - Half Elf - Sword Assassin

STR: 9          DEX: 4          CON: 8          INT: 6          CHA: 7

SKILLS: Swordsman 

EQUIPMENT: Padded Armor, Wooden Sword 

BADGES: Stormrider

On 5/5/2020 at 10:32 AM, Cherry_Bomb said:

The pancake fold is this one. The pike is similar but with your legs together. My pike isn't too bad, but this one I really want to achieve!

A Step-by-Step Guide to Mastering the Center Split for Gymnastics ...

Ah, of course. The stretch I’m even worse at than pike. 😅 Following for the flexibility inspiration!

• Haha 1

Cowardly Assassin
Training Log | Challenges: Current, 7th, 6th, 5th, 4th, 3rd, 2nd, 1st

On 5/6/2020 at 4:39 PM, PaulG said:

Ah, of course. The stretch I’m even worse at than pike. 😅 Following for the flexibility inspiration!

Yay! Since you're following, here is the video I plan to follow for the challenge - I'm learning more about stretches and I now realize I should probably figure out how to do a proper straddle first, but I'm still going to do this one a couple of times a week as per the YouTuber's suggestion. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • That's Metal 1
NF Level 2, EQ Level 2

Welcome! Pilates is an excellent for building strength and I always found myself surprisingly worn out every time I've been to a class. I've always been quite curious to try belly dancing - have you been doing it for long? 

7 hours ago, Cherry_Bomb said:

Yay! Since you're following, here is the video I plan to follow for the challenge - I'm learning more about stretches and I now realize I should probably figure out how to do a proper straddle first, but I'm still going to do this one a couple of times a week as per the YouTuber's suggestion. 

Thank you so much for posting that video! My pancake is absolutely shocking and I actually learned a lot from watching that video! (Damn hamstrings! 😆)

• Like 1

Battle Log: Cry Havoc and Let Slip the Fox of War// Challenge 1 (Do Over) // Respawn Log: Continue [Y]/[N]

“Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it. If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it saying 'End-of-the-World Switch. PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH', the paint wouldn't even have time to dry.” 

Thief of Time

On 5/10/2020 at 10:28 AM, MsAllegraFox said:

Welcome! Pilates is an excellent for building strength and I always found myself surprisingly worn out every time I've been to a class. I've always been quite curious to try belly dancing - have you been doing it for long? 

I first started learning in 2004, but didn't really get into it until about four years ago. It's fun - hard, but fun! And yay, I'm glad the video helped! 

• Like 2
NF Level 2, EQ Level 2

On 5/13/2020 at 9:39 PM, Neeko said:

Belly dancing weight away sounds like a lot of fun! Yoga is part of my challenge this go because my flexibility has been appalling. Good luck with your challenge! :) 

It is! And thanks. :) 

• Like 1
NF Level 2, EQ Level 2

So far I've lost two pounds! (1-3 more to go 😂) And I've kinda given up on the pancake stretch for a bit - I think I need to improve my straddle stretch first, so I've been working on that.

• Like 1
NF Level 2, EQ Level 2

Ha ha, I got so into the challenge that I forgot when it was supposed to end!

Results: 

Goal #1: lost 2.5 pounds. SO CLOSE. :(

Goal #2: getting better at the straddle and pancake stretch - I can feel it! There's definitely a difference between doing the stretches last month and what I can do now. (Gotta do my NF Flexibility Benchmarks again to be sure.)

Goal #3: yes! I can hoop the other way now, and keep it going for at least three minutes! Wheee~

Goal #3.5: I finished an intermediate lesson pack in Japanese and the first half of my French intermediate textbook. 

Overall, not a bad start...? Either way, level two here I come!

• Like 1
NF Level 2, EQ Level 2

3 hours ago, Cherry_Bomb said:

Overall, not a bad start...?

Success on three goals and like 80% on the fourth? That looks like a good start from here. :)

Challenge:   0   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33