• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

iatetheyeti

iatetheyeti: reflect and refresh

17 minutes ago, Mr_Willes said:

I can 2nd this. And people that know me still can't believe i run this much now. I was never sporty, couch potato most of my life. On the contrary i bought new running shoes in August, i received a mail from Strava attending me on the fact that it's ideal to replace running shoes when you have had 800-1000km on them. Well last week i received a second mail, that i had gone above 900K since i bought them.

900km is seriously impressive, and that's just since August as well! 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, iatetheyeti said:

I'm entirely out of the loop with everyone too, not to worry. It happened a couple of months ago, though we'd been sort of dancing around it for a lot longer with both of us thinking the other wasn't interested. And then lockdown happened... 

I'm so happy for you :) Tell me all about her! (it's okay if you don't but it is exciting news). 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Don't feel bad Jon, the new relationship caught me by surprise as well. Congrats Yeti.

Thanks! Heh, I think it's the first time I've mentioned it here, so it might well take some by surprise. 

13 hours ago, jonfirestar said:

I'm so happy for you :) Tell me all about her! (it's okay if you don't but it is exciting news). 

You know, I'm pretty happy for me too! Didn't see it coming, I have to say, I figured that well, it's just me, and friendship is better than nothing at all. And then she surprised me. A lot. She's just a warm, genuinely good, kind person, you know? And, as it turns out, a nerd through and through! Apparently I have a type... 

• Like 7

Update for the 11th

It was a bit of a slow day yesterday, but I don't mind that so much. I think I needed it. 

Middling kind of walk was had, it was both warm and incredibly bitterly cold when the wind blew, which was almost always. Hydration was not so good again, something which I intend to remedy by getting some bottles of water and keeping them where I can see them. Food was decent even though I didn't have much of an appetite. Dealt with myself quite fairly too, considering it wasn't a good mood day. 

No run yesterday. 

Mostly stretching again. I might née to rethink this one a little bit. 

Update done.

I don't think I got any list items checked off, but I did have great success with housework. 

I'm likely going to make things up as I go along today again. I barely slept last night and I'm suffering for it. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, iatetheyeti said:

You know, I'm pretty happy for me too! Didn't see it coming, I have to say, I figured that well, it's just me, and friendship is better than nothing at all. And then she surprised me. A lot. She's just a warm, genuinely good, kind person, you know? And, as it turns out, a nerd through and through! Apparently I have a type... 

Oh that's so good to hear. I'm so excited for you both!

giphy.gif

5 minutes ago, iatetheyeti said:

Middling kind of walk was had, it was both warm and incredibly bitterly cold when the wind blew, which was almost always.

Oh this so much this. Warm in the sun but that wind!!! I can only imagine it's like 100 times worse for you up there ;) 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, iatetheyeti said:

Thanks! Heh, I think it's the first time I've mentioned it here, so it might well take some by surprise. 

That's awesome. So happy for you! She's a lucky girl.

The weather is mental! Are you still in the Highlands? Even with battling the weather and mood, you're kicking ass. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, jonfirestar said:

Oh that's so good to hear. I'm so excited for you both!

We are too! 

Oh this so much this. Warm in the sun but that wind!!! I can only imagine it's like 100 times worse for you up there ;) 

It's pretty awful, yeah. It probably wouldn't be so bad if I was still living in Dunfermline, but where I am now is far more exposed to the elements. 

3 hours ago, chickie.monkey said:

That's awesome. So happy for you! She's a lucky girl.

The weather is mental! Are you still in the Highlands? Even with battling the weather and mood, you're kicking ass. 

Thanks! Heh, I think I'm pretty lucky too, truth be told. I'm not in the Highlands anymore, I'm on the other side of the country now. It's cheaper to live here and apparently it's doing me the world of good. 

• Like 3

Update for the 12th

Safe to say I got incredibly distracted yesterday and while things slid by the wayside, I don't regret a thing. 

Long walk yesterday. Got caught in a hail shower at the end and came back home soaked to the skin. I actually loved that part of it! Hydration and food were both pretty terrible, but I'm getting back on track already. Runaway success with kind words. 

No run yesterday even though there was supposed to be. I got maybe an hour or two of sleep and didn't feel up to it at all. Make up run will be Thursday. 

Stretching and yoga. 

Update done.

No list items done at all. 

Today I focus on eating properly and making sure I'll be ready to go for my run tomorrow morning. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, iatetheyeti said:

Long walk yesterday. Got caught in a hail shower at the end and came back home soaked to the skin. I actually loved that part of it! Hydration and food were both pretty terrible, but I'm getting back on track already. Runaway success with kind words. 

It makes me so happy to read about you being happy.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

It makes me so happy to read about you being happy.

My word, Yeti you sound positivity positive. It’s really good to see. 

Thanks guys! Heh, it makes a change from my established disposition, doesn't it? I'm liking the change. It's not all positivity and happiness, but it is easier to fight through the low moods when they come. 

• Like 3

Update for the 13th

Catch up day yesterday in just about all aspects. 

Skipped my walk yesterday. My feet are a bit of a mess and I figured I might as well give them some time to recover. Usually I'd just get new shoes, but that's not an option right now. Hydration and food were both good. Kind words not so much, but there was no spiral when, at one point, there easily could have been. 

No run yesterday. 

Stretching and yoga once again. A little extra mobility work too. 

Update done.

I'm sure I did something, I just can't remember what... 

Today I am going to be incredibly distracted once again, and I am going to enjoy it without guilt or worry or thoughts of how I should be being productive in some way. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, iatetheyeti said:

It's not all positivity and happiness, but it is easier to fight through the low moods when they come.

Welcome to normality :) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, iatetheyeti said:

Today I am going to be incredibly distracted once again, and I am going to enjoy it without guilt or worry or thoughts of how I should be being productive in some way.

This is a fantastic description of my days of working at home, with basically not being able to due to "the plague".

• Like 1

2 hours ago, iatetheyeti said:

That sounds like fun!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, jonfirestar said:

Welcome to normality :) 

Ah, so this is what normal feels like. I've always wondered! 

9 hours ago, Mr_Willes said:

This is a fantastic description of my days of working at home, with basically not being able to due to "the plague".

It's a fair description of many of my days over the past two months, truth be told. Not the plague's fault for mine though! 

8 hours ago, Jarric said:

That sounds like fun!

It most certainly was 😁

• Like 1

Update for the 14th

I expected distraction and I sure got it. 

I intended to go for a walk and did not. Everything else worked out well though. 

Finally ran yesterday, and that is going to be my only run this week. It was slow, which is fine, and I was getting quite a bit of pain from my bad knee, which is not fine. I'll figure that out and develop a plan from there. 

Nothing that is technically classed as exercise, I don't think. Plans got derailed, but I was absolutely fine with that. 

Update done.

Nope. 

Today is another catch up day. Yesterday went in an unexpected direction but I have no regrets or guilt about that whatsoever, and what didn't get done then will get done today. Besides, I'm stuck here waiting on a delivery so I need to keep myself busy. 

• Like 3

Update for the 15th

Complete opposite of yesterday, although I'm not sure it was for the right reasons.

I intended to go for a walk and once again did not, though this time it was due to waiting for a delivery to arrive. Hydration was good, food was good if somewhat grudgingly eaten, and there were distinct low points throughout the day as far as the kind words protocol was concerned. 

No run yesterday. 

Nothing that is technically classed as exercise once again, though I did end up doing a little primal movement as I swept the floors. Reason being that I do not yet own a full length brush and instead am relying on a little dustpan and brush... 

Update done. Need to make time to catch up. 

Yes. I repotted the plants that needed it, so hopefully they will be happier in their new homes. I also finally managed to get the curtain rail in the bedroom up thanks to the arrival of proper drill bits. It turned into a bit of a messy job due to the way my walls have been constructed, so while one support is properly screwed in, the other two are relying on a combination of screws, superglue, and duct tape. Suffice to say now that I know what the state of the walls are, I will do some research before moving onto the living room curtains (and at some point redoing the bedroom job!). 

Today is going to be interesting. I've got a lot to pack into it and I am dealing with the fact that a lot of unpleasant feelings seem to be creeping back in. So far my answer is to keep as busy as I can, but I know it needs to be dealt with properly. 

• Like 2

Week One Sunmary

Things, overall, have been hit and miss. It's not entirely unexpected although I will admit to being frustrated. I know it will take time, I do, but the part of me that wants to be sane and healthy right now is having none of it. It's an ongoing battle. 

The Houseplant Principle
Sun - Not too bad, but far from perfect. I find that as my mood suffers, so to does my desire to actually do anything. This is not new information. 
Hydration - Pretty good. I've gotten into the habit of keeping a bottle of water at hand and that helps a lot. 
Food - Probably what I've been most successful with thus far. I'm eating more despite my drop in mood, I'm cooking more, and I'm managing to maintain an overall healthier diet. 
Kind words - Surprisingly, not bad. The past week has been a very introspective one as I fight not to get bogged down in my declining mood, and the few times I have turned the blame inwards, I've been swift to examine why. 

The Scout Variant
Successful for week one. Yes, I did miss a run, but that was probably the smart choice, considering. Now I have no pain in my knee and I'm looking forward to putting myself against the elements again on Tuesday morning.

The Once Per Day Rule
Things have been distinctly lacking here. As I said above, the worse I feel, the less I want to do anything. I did speak this through with my therapist and we've come to the conclusion that while freestyling it works wonderfully when I'm doing well, a more rigid structure is needed when I'm not. Therefore I'll be tweaking this a little for the coming week. 

The Talking Method
Now. I have been updating daily. I have been quite bad at keeping up with others. I know the latter part wasn't really part of the goal, but it is something I'd like to be better at. 

The List
Not bad here, all things considered. I've got a good chunk of the smaller things sorted out and plans for some of the bigger ones in the coming week. 

Moving on... 
So today I need to come up with a schedule of sorts for next week, one that encompasses my daily life and goals. That I will post tomorrow morning. 

• Like 3

18 hours ago, iatetheyeti said:
Kind words - Surprisingly, not bad. The past week has been a very introspective one as I fight not to get bogged down in my declining mood, and the few times I have turned the blame inwards, I've been swift to examine why

Well done on this one - it's a tough one to crack but if you stick with it I think everything else will be easier.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Jarric said:

Well done on this one - it's a tough one to crack but if you stick with it I think everything else will be easier.

It really is. It's so much easier to put the blame on myself and keep it there, so much easier to be down on myself, but I have to keep reminding myself that just because it's easier, it doesn't mean it's right.

• Like 1

Update for the 16/17th

Not a bad weekend, all things considered. 

No walk happened either day, a product of low mood. Both food and hydration were good, and treating myself well was difficult. I did have a phone therapy appointment on Saturday during which I raised my concerns about how things were going and we talked through some possible causes and solutions. It's still strange to be able to talk so frankly about these things with a stranger, and yet it's doing a lot of good. 

No run either day. 

Not much, but I did end up doing push-up throughout the day in sets of ten. 

Update done. I've put aside a couple of hours later on today to catch up properly here. 

Though it wasn't on the list, I installed a blackout blind in the bedroom because I need actual darkness to sleep. Still a few tweaks and adjustments to make, but it's already a massive difference. 

Today is going to be... I don't really know. I have my rough schedule of things to do and the general sort of time I want to do them, so that's something. 

• Like 2

Update for the 18th

Details are a little fuzzy for some reason. 

No walk again, though this time I used the rain as an excuse. Food and hydration were both good, but I was quite down on myself for most of the day. 

No run yesterday. 

Nothing. 

Update done. Did a little catching up. It really is a pain to do on my phone, but I'll get there eventually. 

Pretty sure I didn't manage anything from this. 

After yesterday's failure at sticking to my schedule, I'm determined to make today a better day. So here goes. 

Update for the 19th

Simultaneously a productive and aimless kind of day. 

No walk yet again. Hydration was very good and I feasted yesterday, so food was good too. Picking up a little bit in regards to bei g good to myself also. 

Ran yesterday. Steadier pace and a longer distance. Actually got to run through the forest for a bit and I flew. Thoroughly enjoyed that. Getting more comfortable with this running business and getting a little better at figuring out what my body can do. 

Very sporadic, mostly in the form of sets of push-up or squats. 

Update done.

No list items done. 

Today is going to be a day of distraction. Also going to be a day of hot and humid weather, so we'll see how that goes. 

• Like 1