• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

iatetheyeti

iatetheyeti: reflect and refresh

Update for the 20th

Such a good day yesterday in just about every kind of way. 

Finally got out for a walk! And I was lucky enough to have my girlfriend with me. What a day for a walk it was, twenty two degrees with a wonderfully refreshing breeze whenever we left the cover of the forest. The back of my neck is a little scorched but I have no regrets. Hydration was very good, it had to be with that kind of weather. Food was good too. Had a little more success with how I treat myself, but then it's always a little easier with someone else helping. 

No run yesterday. 

Made good use of the forest! I'd call that a good amount of Primal movement. We spent a lot of time playing about like kids among the fallen trees and boulders and the like. Was a bit of a pain trying to maintain distance throughout that, but needs must right now. 

Update done.

No list items done. Expected that. 

I have something of a sun hangover today so I'm taking it easy. Going to work through some sma list items, get some housework done, and maybe some yoga. 

• Like 1

Update for the 21st

Spent most of yesterday laid low with a definite sun hangover. I did expect it, I'd felt the headache trying to come on for a while. It's time to adjust to dealing with warmer weather again as it looks set to be a damned hot summer, if you can believe everything the internet tells you! In the end yesterday was a bit of a write-off, but that's ok, these things happen. All I need to do is get back to it and keep pushing on. Today I'll take it easy and keep myself well hydrated, and whatever happens will happen. 

Update for the 22nd

Better day yesterday, thankfully. Sti felt pretty rough, but that's only to be expected. 

No walk, I thought I might get blown away if I went out. Several wheelie bins went for a fly down the street as it was... Hydration and food were both good. Kind words were... alright. 

No run yesterday. 

Scattered sets of push-ups and squats, some inadvertent primal movement during my organisational mission too. 

Update done.

I'm going to need to re-write this list now, but that's a good thing. 

Absolutely miserable day today, but I kind of like it. Got my rough schedule sorted and plenty to do. 

• Like 1

Weekly Summary

Hit and miss once again this week, and again not surprising. I'm still very much all over the place and while I am having some success with a more rigid structure, it's still going to take time.

The Houseplant Principle
Sun - Awful. I got out for one walk and for that I have nothing but excuses. That must change. 
Hydration - Better. The rise in temperature helps. If I don't keep drinking then some very unpleasant headaches set in. 
Food - Better still, upping my veg intake nicely, eating more when I'm hungry as opposed to when societal norms say I should, and I'm doing better for it. 
Kind words - Backwards and forwards on this, unsurprisingly. I'm still trying to remain objective about things though that is difficult. 

The Scout Variant
Success. Both runs conquered and both in less than ideal weather. While I may not be enjoying running, per se, I am coming to enjoy the feeling of competition. 

The Once Per Day Rule
Still not quite where I want to be with this one, but it went a little better than the previous week. I'm hoping that if I keep slowly adding to it then I'll be able to reform a habit of sorts. 

The Talking Method
Updates and nothing else. I'm struggling a little with the social mana levels right now, but I'm trying to pace myself. 

The List
Not bad once again, all things considered. 

Moving on... 
One thing I have to do is change The List to remove things that have been done and add things that are now in the realm of possibility. The other is to try and figure something to try for encouraging myself to do some daily exercise, whether that's walking or something else. 

• Like 1

Update for the 24th

Didn't do too badly yesterday although I did get slightly distracted by the arrival of my sofa. It's been over two months of sitting on a camp chair... 

No walk as I was waiting for a delivery then got distracted after. Hydration and food were both very good. Treated myself alright as well. 

Ran yesterday as the wind was more manageable. The run still about did me in as the first 1.5km was uphill and into that wind. Still managed 4.6km in 32 minutes, which is decent for me. Paying more attention to foot placement at the moment and it seems to be working out for me. 

Does hauling a sofa around count? All the delivery guys could do was shove it through the doorway... 

Update done.

Have not redone this list yet. Will do today. 

Got a shopping trip to suffer through today, then some organisational things to get done. Should be alright day. 

Update for the 25th

Alright day, as far as these things go. Found little ways to keep myself busy. 

No walk for no good reason. Hydration and food were good. Kind words hit and miss. I was quite harsh with myself about certain failed tasks. 

No run yesterday. 

Nothing. 

Update done.

Have finally redone The List and it is now as follows:

* Give the living room a second coat of paint

* Sand down skirting boards, doors, anything with a gloss finish

* If permissible during current lockdown circumstances, buy and paint at least one bookcase

* Fix the commuter bike or form hybrid Frankenbike

* Maintain efforts with the bins

* Fix desktop computer or salvage work g parts

* Put up living room blinds

* Put up bathroom mirror

* Paint bedroom

* Repot outdoor plants and actually put them outdoors

Today I'm just going to take as it comes. 

• Like 1

On 5/24/2020 at 5:59 PM, iatetheyeti said:

Weekly Summary

Hit and miss once again this week, and again not surprising. I'm still very much all over the place and while I am having some success with a more rigid structure, it's still going to take time.

As long as there are hits in here you are doing good. There is so much progress you already made and i'm certain you will keep on improving. It's the thing you can read in between all the lines!

Keep it up IAY!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr_Willes said:

As long as there are hits in here you are doing good. There is so much progress you already made and i'm certain you will keep on improving. It's the thing you can read in between all the lines!

Keep it up IAY!

Thanks 🙂

I'm trying to keep things moving, every little victory counts as far as I'm concerned, and I use those to keep pushing on. 

Update for the 26th

Successful day, I'd say. Got plenty done and got to take advantage of the incredible weather. 

Walked! Decided on a five mile recovery walk with a weighted backpack, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Hydration was good, food was very good, and I treated myself quite well. 

Ran yesterday. Thankfully it wasn't as windy or miserable. I think I paced myself a little better. I did have some fun with the last km (all downhill!), ended up pushing myself to run far faster than normal, though not quite sprinting, then took a short walking break. Repeated that until I got to my front door. 

I'm tempted to count the walk here... 

Update done.

I had every intention of giving the living room a second coat of paint, but I don't quite have enough paint for it. So instead I filled in the spaces at the very top of the walls and the bottom of them, and the gaps around the plugs and radiator. It already looks far better, and when I get hold of another tin of paint, it'll look better still. I know doing it in such a piecemeal fashion is really not what you're supposed to do, but I'm making it work so far.

I think today is going to be split between housework and relaxation. 

• Like 2

Update for the 27th

Not so bad, definitely had the relaxing day I'd aimed for. 

Very short walk, but a walk was taken nonetheless. Hydration was good. Food was quite poor, I lost my appetite in a major way and couldn't bring myself to eat anything after lunch. Was quite hard on myself too. 

No run yesterday. 

Nothing outside of some brief midweight lifting during a tidying up effort. 

Update done.

Minimal amount of sanding done, enough to realise I need something far better than my small sheets of sandpaper for this. 

Waiting is going to consume a lot of today, but once I have the delivery I will be able to push ahead with some items from The List. 

• Like 1

Update for the 28th

Actual nightmare of a day. 

Extremely short walk. Hydration was good. Food was abysmal. Was not good to myself at all. Cramps and lack of caffiene and a no-show delivery had me incredibly frustrated and lashing out at myself. 

No run yesterday. 

Somehow I don't think curling up and having a pity party for myself counts as exercise... 

Update done.

Nothing. 

I have no idea what today will be. 

• Like 2

Update for the 29th

It got worse. Fun! 

No walk. Poor hydration. Dire food intake. Was not good to myself. 

No run yesterday. 

Nothing. 

Update done.

The blinds finally got here and I put them up, something which took a surprising amount of effort. DIY in twenty six degree heat when you're already feeling like roadkill is not a great idea. 

I don't intend on doing much today, just doing better than yesterday. 

• Sad 1

Weekly Summary 

Still hit and miss, but we're working with a purpose and I'm reasonably confident that I will eventually back on track. 

The Houseplant Principle
Sun - Better this week, but still not great. I am building back up again though, and that's what's important. 
Hydration - Far, far better. Has to given what the weather is like. 
Food - Good, with the exception of the past couple of days. 
Kind words - I have been all over the place with this one. Some of it has been anxiety related, and I took a massive step forward with that yesterday by telling my girlfriend about me being non-binary. I was shaking like a leaf, second guessing myself even as I spoke, and did end up in tears, but she was actually really good about it all. It's the first time I've spoken about it to someone in person, before I'd only spoken about it here, and I've been hard on myself for not doing it sooner, but that is now the past. Now I can keep moving on. 

The Scout Variant
One of two done. Second was skipped for health reasons only. 

The Once Per Day Rule
Still struggling, but not as much. Doing things in bits and pieces is helping as I adjust to this heat, which is sapping me of so much energy. 

The Talking Method
Updates and nothing else once again. I'm hoping this will get easier when I get broadband back. Only a couple of days to go for that. 

The List
Pretty good, I think. 

Moving on... 
I just have to keep doing what I'm doing. I am moving iin the right direction, I just need to keep reminding myself that doing it slowly is just fine. There's no hurry. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Glad the GF was supportive! 

Me too, so much so! She told me she was attracted to me for who I am, not my gender, and that it didn't change anything. 

• Like 2

Update for the 31st

Thankfully had a nice, relaxing, entirely uneventful day. 

No walk, but that was an active choice made because my food habits have been so poor over the past couple of days. Hydration wasn't as good as it could have been, and food was much better yesterday. Kind words were also easier, mostly because the GF was full of them. She's very happy I spoke to her about things! 

No run yesterday. 

Push-ups done throughout the day in sets of ten. 

Update done.

Nothing yesterday. 

Got a fairly busy day lined up, but it should be manageable. 

• Like 1

Update for the 1st

How is it June already? 

Short walk in the morning, when things were slightly cooler. Hydration and food were both good, and I treated myself fairly well yesterday. 

No run yesterday. 

Push-ups done throughout the day in sets of ten, some deep squats done too. 

Update done.

Nothing yesterday, the hotter it got, the worse I felt. 

Today is supposed to be the day I get internet. The engineer is apparently on the way already. We'll see how this plays out. 

• Like 1

Update for the 2nd

And I am delighted to be typing this on my laptop rather than awkwardly tapping it out on my phone. It makes such a difference.

Walk - None yesterday, partly because of uncertainty with the broadband. Had some issues with the setup.

Hydration - Pretty good.

Food - Extremely good. I'm getting a lot better at balancing out what I eat and cramming many, many veggies in.

Kind words - Neither here nor there.

No run yesterday owing to the fact that I barely slept and felt quite nauseas. Not entirely sure why, but it could be the heat.

Did an actual workout when I was feeling better. Very small circuits session that left me a sweaty mess, but it did feel good to get something done.

Update done and dusted.

Possibly? I have to consult my list to see if anything I did yesterday was actually on said list.

Going to be a distraction day today, so not much will get done. That's fine with me, and I have plans to put into action tomorrow.

• Like 2

Update for the 3rd

It was a very happy distraction day yesterday. It always is when I get to see the GF. She's basically a little ball of sunshine and is well and truly wonderful.

Walk - Short one, kept expecting to be rained on.

Hydration - Not exactly great. It's interesting that I let this slack as soon as the weather cools a little.

Food - Decent.

Kind words - Did pretty well here. It's almost always easier to treat myself well when I'm actively treating someone else well, I think.

No run yesterday.

Socially distanced workout! It was more fun than a serious thing, but it counts as something.

Update done

No, definitely not.

I need to start making myself a rough schedule again because I'm very much all over the place. Some of this is caused by the anxiety spike I'm experiencing about going back to work next week. Three months away is a long time. And some of it is because I've not made a massive effort to keep myself personally accountable. That has to change, especially with a return to work imminent.

Hi Yeti!  

I was just thinking that it is June, so you might be back online. I'm happy to see that you've actually been here all challenge.

Excellent news on your new apartment and new relationship!

I'm glad that you are getting to work on doing things to improve your life. It sounds like you have been coping as well as you can with the difficulties of social distancing. How is your knitting coming along?

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Mistr said:

Hi Yeti!  

I was just thinking that it is June, so you might be back online. I'm happy to see that you've actually been here all challenge.

Hey!

Yeah, I managed to get back by reworking my phone data plan, but that was not fun and I am so glad for actual broadband now...

Excellent news on your new apartment and new relationship!

Thanks! Both are coming along wonderfully, I'm happy to say.

I'm glad that you are getting to work on doing things to improve your life. It sounds like you have been coping as well as you can with the difficulties of social distancing. How is your knitting coming along?

It has been something of a struggle, but yes, I am slowly pulling things together. The knitting project I had when I started this challenge I ended up turning into a sort of yoga pillow thing. It just didn't seem like a blanket to me, and I did have a couple of old pillows that I don't use, so they got ripped up and recycled. It's working out quite well so far! I have started another one, this one being a blanket that will match my bedroom. Hopefully I'll finish it by winter...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, iatetheyeti said:

The knitting project I had when I started this challenge I ended up turning into a sort of yoga pillow thing. It just didn't seem like a blanket to me, and I did have a couple of old pillows that I don't use, so they got ripped up and recycled. It's working out quite well so far! I have started another one, this one being a blanket that will match my bedroom. Hopefully I'll finish it by winter...

What is a yoga pillow?

I admire your resolve in taking on a big project like a blanket. I'm struggling to finish a pair of socks. I've knit some large shawls, but those are openwork and much less work than a blanket.

Of course you'll finish by winter, just don't say which winter. ;) 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Mistr said:

What is a yoga pillow?

It's basically one of these.

11 hours ago, Mistr said:

I admire your resolve in taking on a big project like a blanket. I'm struggling to finish a pair of socks. I've knit some large shawls, but those are openwork and much less work than a blanket.

Of course you'll finish by winter, just don't say which winter. ;) 

Blankets are actually easier for me, or at least they are the way I do them! I would definitely struggle more with a pair of socks...

END//SUMMARY

This past week did not go to plan at all. I got dropped by a very persistent headache that drained me of energy, willpower, and just about everything else. Mostly weather related, we're having some interesting times over here. I'm getting back into the swing of things now, still don't know when I'm returning to work so I do have that hanging over my head.

Overall it was an ok kind of challenge. Many aspects could have been better, but at the same time many could have been worse. I'm trying not to be too hard on myself because I know I'm working through what is already a complex matter with a couple of other complex matters thrown in for good measure. I know there's no one right path to walk and I know there's no clear cut end point at which to arrive.

I have learned. And now I'll take that knowledge and move on.

• Like 1