• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Waanie

Waanie experiments

13 hours ago, Jupiter said:

Sounds like you had a great few days. Nice job! :) 

Thanks!

I'm behind on my exercise-time, but otherwise I'm still on schedule :). Mentally I'm not doing as well; just nothing happens on its own anymore. Everything requires a conscious effort, and that's taking its toll. Less than one week until my staycation now, I hope it will help me recover some will-power!

• Like 1

It’s rough.. you’re doing amazing though!

Have you hiked het Twente pad? I can highly recommend it. It takes 4 days total, but you could do just one part of it. I especially like the part that starts at oldenzaal train station and goes to Denekamp. If you don’t mind taking a bus..

• Like 1

16 hours ago, KB Girl said:

It’s rough.. you’re doing amazing though!

Have you hiked het Twente pad? I can highly recommend it. It takes 4 days total, but you could do just one part of it. I especially like the part that starts at oldenzaal train station and goes to Denekamp. If you don’t mind taking a bus..

I have not! I'm also not sure if we're allowed taking public transport if it's not necessary though. Maybe this route captures at least a nice part of it? I'd like to walk at Twickel at some point (they have a 5km and 11km route), which is also close by. I might repeat the route around the airport, which is also lots of fun. Have you ever walked it? The full route is 23km, but you can take a few shortcuts to arrive below 15km. I might also drag my boyfriend to het Hulsbeek, although that would then be the second route which doesn't have free parking (but less than half an hour bike-ride). The trick is to find moments and places that are nice, but don't have too many people (so no Hof Espelo, Nijverdal or Holten, I think). 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Waanie said:

I have not! I'm also not sure if we're allowed taking public transport if it's not necessary though. Maybe this route captures at least a nice part of it? I'd like to walk at Twickel at some point (they have a 5km and 11km route), which is also close by. I might repeat the route around the airport, which is also lots of fun. Have you ever walked it? The full route is 23km, but you can take a few shortcuts to arrive below 15km. I might also drag my boyfriend to het Hulsbeek, although that would then be the second route which doesn't have free parking (but less than half an hour bike-ride). The trick is to find moments and places that are nice, but don't have too many people (so no Hof Espelo, Nijverdal or Holten, I think). 

I have! it's really pretty :) and yes the route you linked covers a lot of very nice parts. 

If you want to go to het Hulsbeek you could park for free at .. ehh .. het crematorium.. or in front of my moms house in the bilderdijkstraat xD usually plenty of space to park in that street and it's just an extra 5 minutes walking from there. And there's a nice little foot path that goes right by the gas station that's there. 

Or park near tankenbergstraat (where that restaurant burned down a couple years ago) and then walk up to landgoed egheria, that's beautiful. 

• Like 1

On 5/14/2020 at 7:51 AM, Waanie said:

Mentally I'm not doing as well; just nothing happens on its own anymore. Everything requires a conscious effort, and that's taking its toll. Less than one week until my staycation now, I hope it will help me recover some will-power!

I understand that feeling. Enjoy your vacation and I hope it helps! :) 

• Like 1

On 5/16/2020 at 12:13 AM, KB Girl said:

I have! it's really pretty :) and yes the route you linked covers a lot of very nice parts. 

If you want to go to het Hulsbeek you could park for free at .. ehh .. het crematorium.. or in front of my moms house in the bilderdijkstraat xD usually plenty of space to park in that street and it's just an extra 5 minutes walking from there. And there's a nice little foot path that goes right by the gas station that's there. 

Or park near tankenbergstraat (where that restaurant burned down a couple years ago) and then walk up to landgoed egheria, that's beautiful. 

Thanks for the info!

On 5/18/2020 at 12:39 AM, Jupiter said:

I understand that feeling. Enjoy your vacation and I hope it helps! :) 

Thanks :). My vacation started today, after two good days at the office. While I'm not feeling more energetic, I do feel more relaxed.

In the category: I should update more often, here's my week 1 report:

Outside: 7/7

Exercise-time: 283/250 minutes

Adulting: 7/7

Yoga: 4/4 + 1 on Wed

Clarinet: 3/3

Experimental exercise: 1/1

Experimental breakfast: 2/1

Cookbook: 1/1

Doodle: 1/1

All is green :).

This week won't be all green: although mentally my last two days were much better because I went to the office again, I did not have time for yoga in the morning, and did not feel like cleaning in the evening. All in all, I didn't do anything goal-wise yet this week except for a current count of 203 exercise minutes. I don't mind it very much though, since days in the office are so much better for my mental health that not being motivated to do anything else that day is okay for me.

• Like 2

Glad you’re able to have those days in the office again! :) 

I hope you enjoy your vacation, the weather is definitely very pleasant.

14 hours ago, Waanie said:

All is green :).

Looks like you had a great week 1, nice job!!

14 hours ago, Waanie said:

This week won't be all green: although mentally my last two days were much better because I went to the office again, I did not have time for yoga in the morning, and did not feel like cleaning in the evening. All in all, I didn't do anything goal-wise yet this week except for a current count of 203 exercise minutes. I don't mind it very much though, since days in the office are so much better for my mental health that not being motivated to do anything else that day is okay for me.

I totally get this. Mental health is important too. :) 

On 5/21/2020 at 1:31 AM, Jupiter said:

Looks like you had a great week 1, nice job!!

On 5/21/2020 at 1:31 AM, Jupiter said:

I totally get this. Mental health is important too. :) 

It is! Especially in these semi-isolated times, when everyone's social life mostly stopped existing.

The past two and a half days, I did more challenge-wise. Got the yoga, clarinet-practice and cleaning in, did a fitness-blender movie (and got sore the next day!), doodled, cooked a carrot-curry from a cookbook and even treated myself and my boyfriend to an english breakfast this morning :).

1911376412_Englishbreakfast.jpg.57b4dacc44881a7bff9637b861d6779e.jpg

It was delicious, and holding out until lunch without getting light-headed was no problem ;).

I'm having trouble to feel like it's vacation and not just a few free days though, since we're still at home and not doing things that differently compared to normal. I'm not sure how to rectify this, since I have no idea what's needed for me to feel like vacation and not like "just a weekend".

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chesire said:

Carrot curry?  That sounds interesting.  Google will be my friend for this search

I posted the recipe 5 years ago:

It's cheap and tasty, and relatively easy.

I'm not sure if I want to read back old challenges... It often seems like I didn't progress at all since then.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Waanie said:

I'm not sure if I want to read back old challenges... It often seems like I didn't progress at all since then.

At a quick read through that challenge, it definitely looks like progress to me.  You seem more in tune with yourself.  That is huuuuuuggee.  I've kind of come to the idea that everything after learning who you are and how to ... deal with yourself? is icing.  You can't have joy if you don't have you. 

And thanks, that recipe is a possible for next week's lunches.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Chesire said:

At a quick read through that challenge, it definitely looks like progress to me.  You seem more in tune with yourself.  That is huuuuuuggee.  I've kind of come to the idea that everything after learning who you are and how to ... deal with yourself? is icing.  You can't have joy if you don't have you. 

That's true, mentally/psychologically I've learned a lot over the past 5 years. I now know what I need from life, and have learned to recognise my early-warning signs much better, and also to act accordingly. Physically I'm in worse shape than back then, but that's fine too. I'm not putting as much time in as before, and also I'm getting older. I can still do all the things I want, although I get sore much more easily ;).

43 minutes ago, Chesire said:

And thanks, that recipe is a possible for next week's lunches.

Glad to be of service! 

Yesterday, after we had our english breakfast (a real holiday treat!), we played a scenario of gloomhaven and generally hung out together. I did lots of small exercise, and also started the "Foundation Light" program of Darebee. Not sure if it will turn out too easy, but at least it keeps me moving :).

Today I've mostly been lazing around. I got some groceries in the next town over, where I impulse-purchased asparagus and fennel. Those are seasonal vegetables that are usually too expensive for us, but at this store and in this season, it is reasonably priced.

Today and tomorrow we're also doing a cooking-thing with friends, where everyone named an ingredient and we now have to make a meal with all the ingredients and share pictures. We've started with making a swiss roll with chocolate for dessert. For the entree, we'll make a salad with lamb's lettuce, green apple, feta cheese, walnuts and possibly other stuff, and for the main course we'll be making a rhubarb-chicken dish with lemon. I haven't had rhubarb in ages because I though my boyfriend doesn't like it, so I'm curious to how it will turn out :). I'm also curious what the others will make, but we'll see that tomorrow :P.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Waanie said:

Today and tomorrow we're also doing a cooking-thing with friends, where everyone named an ingredient and we now have to make a meal with all the ingredients and share pictures. We've started with making a swiss roll with chocolate for dessert. For the entree, we'll make a salad with lamb's lettuce, green apple, feta cheese, walnuts and possibly other stuff, and for the main course we'll be making a rhubarb-chicken dish with lemon. I haven't had rhubarb in ages because I though my boyfriend doesn't like it, so I'm curious to how it will turn out :). I'm also curious what the others will make, but we'll see that tomorrow :P.

This sounds awesome. Enjoy! :) 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jupiter said:

This sounds awesome. Enjoy! :) 

It's really cool! Everyone who's posted so far has been very creative :).

Yesterday there was barely any exercise, and no cleaning after dinner. We had a great dinner though, and were very full afterwards. All our dishes turned out well :D.

• Like 2

On 5/23/2020 at 11:31 PM, Waanie said:

It's really cool! Everyone who's posted so far has been very creative :).

Yesterday there was barely any exercise, and no cleaning after dinner. We had a great dinner though, and were very full afterwards. All our dishes turned out well :D.

Nice! :D 

• Like 1

On 5/25/2020 at 9:10 PM, Jupiter said:

Nice! :D 

Jup!

Week 2 report

Outside: 7/7

Exercise-time: 356/250 minutes

Adulting: 4/7

Yoga: 2/4 + 1 on Sun

Clarinet: 3/3

Experimental exercise: 4/1

Experimental breakfast: 1/1

Cookbook: 1/1

Doodle: 1/1

My amount of outside-time is really increasing again :). This week I'm also on 114 minutes in 2 days again already, so that's going in the upward direction. My adulting and yoga were really meh on working days, but that's okay.

I'm now halfway my vacation, and while it doesn't really feel like vacation, it does feel different from long weekend off, or even worse, from sitting at home with a burnout. I'm cooking a lot, with many lunch-salads, and we're actively trying to stay  in contact with people. My parents visited us in our backyard yesterday, which is also nice because I hadn't seen them for a long time.

Today's plan is to have my clarinet lesson in the morning, and to cook a tapas-meal the rest of the day. We will likely also play a game of Spirit Island or Gloomhaven in the afternoon. Tomorrow will be shopping (I decided that I do need a watch, a tiny handbag and a few more dresses to be summer-proof), and either a boardgame or a long walk.

• Like 2

The tapas were nice, although a bit heavy in the cream cheese (I should have thought more about that, but oh well). The homemade bread was delicious, and I liked the stuff I made. I'll still have some leftovers tomorrow as well ;).

My clarinet lesson this morning went well, and apparently playing 3 times a week is a good thing, not a minimum thing. I'm really seeing progress, so I'm now also getting more difficult pieces from my teacher. I'll continue to have my lessons remotely, even though it'll technically be allowed again to see my teacher in person starting next week. I just think that playing any kind of wind instrument forms an increased risk, so I'll wait until after summer to actually go there again.

• Like 3

Help, I'm losing nerd-points. I bought a watch that is trendy instead of just functional, and a small handbag that fits into my rucksack. I now have two handbags. Send help before I turn into a real adult woman ^_^.

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

49 minutes ago, Chesire said:

Oh no!  Something must be done!  Get this Nerd an appropriate nerd t-shirt. Something! Anything!

No worries, after shopping I switched to a very old t-shirt and jeans, and after lunch even to exercise pants. I guess that it's now time to solve a programming puzzle, everything to regain some nerd points!

During all this, I'm still wearing my fabulous watch of course ;).

• Like 4

I feel in this day and age just wearing a watch and using it is kind of nerdy ;) so you are good lol

What did you doodle? 😮

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rookie said:

What did you doodle? 😮

Nothing yet! Last week I made some nice letters for my holiday-page in my BuJo. I'm thinking of trying to draw a book for this week's doodle.

• Like 2

On 5/28/2020 at 2:50 AM, Waanie said:

Help, I'm losing nerd-points. I bought a watch that is trendy instead of just functional, and a small handbag that fits into my rucksack. I now have two handbags. Send help before I turn into a real adult woman ^_^.

Sounds fancy. :D 

On 5/28/2020 at 6:39 AM, Rookie said:

I feel in this day and age just wearing a watch and using it is kind of nerdy ;) so you are good lol

Agreed. People are too cool to wear watches anymore, so I say extra nerd-points for wearing it. ;) 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jupiter said:

Sounds fancy. :D 

Agreed. People are too cool to wear watches anymore, so I say extra nerd-points for wearing it. ;) 

Thanks! The watch was mostly from a practical need; I want to be able to see the time without having to grab my phone from somewhere, so a watch is very convenient.

Yesterday was a slow day, I mostly did nothing (a.k.a. read a book). Today we'll go for a long walk with a picnic. I got fancy bread rolls with granola, my rhubarb-crumble muffins are in the oven, and we'll bring a mixed fruit salad with strawberries, grapes and apple. I'll bring a block with logical puzzles and a pencil as well, for if we want to have a rest without food/drink. We haven't done something over 10km for a long time, so we'll see how it goes!

• Like 2