• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Waanie

Waanie experiments

The walk was so much fun! It had forests, fields, a castle and a cute little town. The distance was also good for us: we're both feeling it a little bit, but not too much. It's mainly that stairs don't go as automatically as before.

My weight has creeped up to 63kg, which is a bit on the high side for my taste. I'm not sure if I should do anything about it, or if it will go down again once I will bike more again and climb more again. All the vacation-food also didn't help, even though it was all so delicious. I guess I'm fine for now, but should keep an eye on it.

Last week, I achieved almost all my goals. 

Week 3 report

Outside: 7/7

Exercise-time: 401/250 minutes

Adulting: 6/7

Yoga: 4/4 + 1 on Sat

Clarinet: 3/3

Experimental exercise: 7/1

Experimental breakfast: 2/1

Cookbook: 1/1

Doodle: 1/1

This is all fine for me; the lack of adulting on Sunday was partially also because we did stuff in the morning already.

I will remove the breakfast-goal for the rest of this challenge: it's clear to me that 2 slices of wholegrain bread with any kind of cheese as breakfast with a banana as snack works reasonably well as breakfast. Yogurt with fruit and oats doesn't work, and anything sweet makes me hungry early on as well. 

I will also remove the experimental exercise goal, as I am content with doing 5-10 minutes of exercise with the Darebee program. It's a very light program, but it does shine a light on some weaknesses and keeps me moving.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Waanie said:

Last week, I achieved almost all my goals. 

Week 3 report

Outside: 7/7

Exercise-time: 401/250 minutes

Adulting: 6/7

Yoga: 4/4 + 1 on Sat

Clarinet: 3/3

Experimental exercise: 7/1

Experimental breakfast: 2/1

Cookbook: 1/1

Doodle: 1/1

This is all fine for me; the lack of adulting on Sunday was partially also because we did stuff in the morning already

Nice job! :) 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jupiter said:

Nice job! :) 

Thanks! The vacation was really productive in that sense ;).

Today is a day in which I'll prepare for going to the office again: getting groceries for the rest of the week, cleaning a bit, and making sure that everything is a good state in general. I might even shave my legs!

• Like 2

On 6/1/2020 at 2:07 AM, Waanie said:

The walk was so much fun! It had forests, fields, a castle and a cute little town. The distance was also good for us: we're both feeling it a little bit, but not too much. It's mainly that stairs don't go as automatically as before.

That really does sound amazing. I love finding old buildings when I go for hikes. It doesn't happen often though. 

My weight has creeped up to 63kg, which is a bit on the high side for my taste. I'm not sure if I should do anything about it, or if it will go down again once I will bike more again and climb more again. All the vacation-food also didn't help, even though it was all so delicious. I guess I'm fine for now, but should keep an eye on it.

I think you are taking the right approach here. Luckily vacation-food only happens on vacations ;) And that is not the normal for you.

I will remove the breakfast-goal for the rest of this challenge: it's clear to me that 2 slices of wholegrain bread with any kind of cheese as breakfast with a banana as snack works reasonably well as breakfast. Yogurt with fruit and oats doesn't work, and anything sweet makes me hungry early on as well. 

I am following your simple meals :) I am getting better with just having toast and cheese or something for breakfast and lunches lol. Trying to retrain my mind that not every meal needs to be complex or big. I think next grocery I will get some special whole grain bread for myself. I have a brand I love but rarely buy it because it is more money.

• Like 1

On 6/2/2020 at 8:16 AM, Waanie said:

I might even shave my legs!

Completely wild! :D

Glad you had a nice vacation :) 

• Like 1

Well, clearly, having too many goals during a challenge doesn't work for me 🤔. As soon as I started to drop the ball in one of the things (in this case: cleaning), I just didn't want to come here anymore and I dropped more and more things.

The one thing I didn't drop at all was the exercise outside: I'm now at 9 hours and counting this week alone. However, I've definitely lost muscle mass in my lats (my clothes are starting to fit better, lol), and my house is getting messier again. I do now know that I really don't like doodling, but that a sandwich with cheese is a good breakfast. I'm a bit unmotivated to do a next challenge, especially because I wouldn't know what to put in there. Hopefully the climbing gym will open again on July 1st, and the orchestra just started rehearsing again. The times are still crazy, and I personally don't know how to set my goals for the next month.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KB Girl said:

Maybe just a place to hang out? An unchallenge. Journal style maybe. 

I second this suggestion. :) 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, KB Girl said:

Maybe just a place to hang out? An unchallenge. Journal style maybe. 

That sounds like a good idea.

15 hours ago, Jupiter said:

I second this suggestion. :) 

Will do then!

• Like 2